User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions

Unread 16 Apr 2006, 04:42   #1
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold
Confirm cancel...

Add a confirm popup to the fleet/construction/research buttons.

Last round I cancelled my first ships by misclick when it was 1 tick left. Don't want it to happen again.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2006, 10:58   #2
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Confirm cancel...

To quote your HC:

Lack of planning on your side does not create responsibility on mine.
Unread 16 Apr 2006, 11:53   #3
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Well the simple solution is to make sure you're clicking on the right button before you click it.
jt25man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2006, 12:52   #4
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

JS confirm would be great, but you'd just hit Yes anyway without checking which button you pressed.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Apr 2006, 17:59   #5
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

We'll just introduce a feature that every action can be cancelled by recieving an e-mail with a randomly generated code to be inputted in a box beside the "cancel" box.
Unread 16 Apr 2006, 18:03   #6
Raging.Retard
Street Tramp

Raging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant futureRaging.Retard has a brilliant future

I hope you are going to add a confirmation to make sure I want the email. Don't make me report you for spam.
Unread 21 Apr 2006, 08:25   #7
XelNaga

XelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to beholdXelNaga is a splendid one to behold

Your reply is not even funny Appoco ;(.

Seriously, I'm not talking about clicking the button instead of another button, but clicking the button if you don't want to click one at all. I always happen to click around pages while reading, same on PA. And a matter of fact, I know a lot of people do the same thing. Losing 90% of the resources you spent on your first ships while it wouldn't be necessary can just make you lose your motivation for the whole round.

Maybe you could add a preferences setting for it, where people can choose whether they want confirmation Java popups or not. Can't see any reason why you wouldn't want to add it, tbh.

(Marneus) also the damn thing aint always right 4 + 79 = i type 81 and it kicked me back to the login again grrr
XelNaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Apr 2006, 10:01   #8
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by XelNaga
Your reply is not even funny Appoco ;(.

Seriously, I'm not talking about clicking the button instead of another button, but clicking the button if you don't want to click one at all. I always happen to click around pages while reading, same on PA. And a matter of fact, I know a lot of people do the same thing. Losing 90% of the resources you spent on your first ships while it wouldn't be necessary can just make you lose your motivation for the whole round.

Maybe you could add a preferences setting for it, where people can choose whether they want confirmation Java popups or not. Can't see any reason why you wouldn't want to add it, tbh.
I actually agree with XelNaga, a comfirm pop up or a comfirm screen should be possible. I know other games that uses it.
Unread 21 Apr 2006, 21:05   #9
Llandogertrow

Llandogertrow is an unknown quantity at this point

I cant quite see what the problem would be against this. It would certainly save many of pa's users from wasting time/resources which seem crucial at the start of the round and would take minimal effort to implement.
Llandogertrow is offline   Reply With Quote