User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Jan 2006, 15:40   #1
Pilatus

Pilatus has a spectacular aura aboutPilatus has a spectacular aura about
How about initial res for more then 50 roids

How about just change the Heavy Cargo Transfer a bit, and let the initial research allow you to mine efficiently to 100, 150 or 200 roids instead of 50. Experienced it to many times, that when someone just joined a gal and comes online on irc or ask for help on galforum, that they have already initiated more roids that they can mine. Atleast this wouldn't let so many new players loose to much resources until they can get help from their galm8's.

The reason i suggest 100, 150 or 200, is that the ones i've experienced it with, usually have more roids then 100 and less then 200.
Pilatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Jan 2006, 22:05   #2
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of
Re: How about initial res for more then 50 roids

Reasonable suggestion - the game can surely cope with a difficulty curve in play.

It is perhaps unreasonable that even to get started you have to be as active and work as hard as possible.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jan 2006, 10:59   #3
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: How about initial res for more then 50 roids

If i remember correctly, and i am fairly sure about this, by the time a new player has joined late enough in the round in order to initiate ~100 roids, they would already have the first level of all research (including the HCT branch) completed for them. Thus, new players should always be able to mine (at least most) of the roids that they can initiate if they start mid-round.

Having said that, i wouldnt personally mind the first HCT research bumped up to 100 roids, as always having to start with that research first every round is kinda predictable. Making it second would liven up the debate a little bit as to what to research first.

:\
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote