User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Nov 2006, 10:02   #1
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice
Choose which deffers to mail

Well I guess this doesn't happen that often but today I had like 10 def fleets on one wave and then most of my attackers recalled but still needed 1 fleet there so couldn't use the "mail all deffers that eta" option because then he might have recalled. Would it be possible to make like a checkbox to select which deffers to mail or something because I really don't want to mail 9 planets the same crap.
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2006, 10:49   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Choose which deffers to mail

I'm not sure it it would be used often enough to warrant it really; it would make the mail system more bulky for only a couple of instances for very few people; why not just type the same message, copy & paste it, then just adjust the co-ords?

Alternatively, send everyone the recall mail, but send the person you want to stay on a message both before and after the auto recall mail telling them to disregard the message; and/or find them on IRC.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Nov 2006, 11:26   #3
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshih
Well I guess this doesn't happen that often but today I had like 10 def fleets on one wave and then most of my attackers recalled but still needed 1 fleet there so couldn't use the "mail all deffers that eta" option because then he might have recalled. Would it be possible to make like a checkbox to select which deffers to mail or something because I really don't want to mail 9 planets the same crap.
For me that's a precision thing, an 'advanced' strategy involving knowing what's in each fleet, so should really warrant you having to send individual mail.
Unread 12 Nov 2006, 22:40   #4
rshih
Aaranaf's Master

rshih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nicershih is just really nice

But I'm so lazy
R3: nub R10: 12:9:1 to 9:7:3 G Rank #14 P Rank #194
R4: 275:6:13 R10.5: 17:9:9 quitter
R5: 4:8:4 to 35:11:x R11: 15:4:9 G Rank #10 P Rank #32
R6: 22:22:11 R12: 29:8:9
R7: 8:16:9 G Rank #52 R13: Forgot
R9: 52:6:5 for a week R14: Forgot
R9.5: 12:7:17 G Rank #17 R17: 14:3:6 G Rank #6 P Rank #9

[1up] Peon
rshih is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2006, 00:18   #5
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Why not at least make it easier to send multiple mails then?

Allow users to enter a comma delimited set of coordinates into a text field, for example:

1:1:1,2:1:2,200:1:1

it isnt a lot of code to implement.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2006, 03:39   #6
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne
Why not at least make it easier to send multiple mails then?

Allow users to enter a comma delimited set of coordinates into a text field, for example:

1:1:1,2:1:2,200:1:1

it isnt a lot of code to implement.
or a semi colon ( ; ) as per many email type handeling systems.

I wouldnt mind that, but perhaps have an upper limit on the number (eg, 5 planets), as then you'd only effectively have to send the mail twice for 10 defender, thrice for 15 etc. takes some of the effort out...
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2006, 16:28   #7
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

As an interface problem, rather than a skill or activity related issue I think a limit of the number of mails at once is a bad idea.

In the interest of spam prevention however, 5 is probably a good idea.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Nov 2006, 18:20   #8
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

i thought there was a drop down box on messages page where u can select the eta of your defenders that you want to mail

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote