User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 8 Oct 2006, 22:14   #1
Malice
not the daddy...

Malice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to behold
The big red button? (Galaxy Disband option)

Am I looking in all the wrong places? I can't seem to find any information regarding the new? option in the Politics screen.

While I well know what disbanding is, I am curious to know what happens afterwards, and what impact the feature will have on a universe with galaxies disbanding in it.

Links? Obvious answers I am not seeing? Do tell.

*edit...not sure if it is new or if I am just seeing it for the first time.

Last edited by Malice; 8 Oct 2006 at 22:59.
Malice is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Oct 2006, 23:23   #2
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: The big red button? (Galaxy Disband option)

If the galaxy is in the bottom 10% of the universe, it appears (ish). You then have the option to vote (just below the GC voting option) and when a 60% or more majority is reached, the galaxy is disbanded.
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 01:14   #3
Malice
not the daddy...

Malice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to beholdMalice is a splendid one to behold

lol...so the fact that I can even see it is bad to begin with!
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 02:52   #4
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Isnt it the case that galaxies in the bottom 10% of the universe consist mainly of inactives?

Reaching a 60% majority seems unlikely to me.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 02:56   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne
Isnt it the case that galaxies in the bottom 10% of the universe consist mainly of inactives?

Just what i was thinking. Also, needing a GC would be pretty hard as well, especially if said GC was inactive himself, and due to the lack of votes a new one couldnt be elected.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 02:56   #6
Error

Error is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really niceError is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyne

agreed, why cant people just self exile?

Im all for making the game friendly to new players but there has to be a cut off point surely?

Proud to have been ND
Error is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 04:30   #7
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I think I was one of the people who suggested this. I dont know if the idea had been presented before. But the general idea is to have a possibility for lower ranked galaxies to disband the galaxy if its being inactive/impossible to do anything about. Usually getting people to vote for this isnt much of a problem, yes it takes some time but it usually happens within a week. If that's something that can keep players playing I think its an important thing for the game. This only having effect for the lowest 10% of the galaxies wasnt my idea though, and I would prolly suggest it to be to abit higher than that.

But all in all, this should make it more possible for people to get exiled from dead galaxies.
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 04:46   #8
Squidly
Avenger of Calamari

Squidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet societySquidly is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Error
agreed, why cant people just self exile?

Im all for making the game friendly to new players but there has to be a cut off point surely?
I would think so...

Would free self-exiles for anyone in the lower X% of the galaxies help any?
Squidly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Oct 2006, 12:54   #9
Shyne
Flash in the PAN

Shyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud ofShyne has much to be proud of

Yeah thats a great idea - there isnt really much potential for abuse if it only applies to the bottom, idle galaxies.
Shyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 01:52   #10
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

having now got into this position, it is pretty impossible to do this late in the round. You have to get into bottom 10% to start off with. This is an uphill battle cause as u exile people out more free inactive planets keep coming into yourgalaxy...........so u then get to below 10%..........u have been populated by inactive free or new signups............you cant get 60%.

The reasons why your disbanding is regularly due to inactivity. theinactivity leads to constant incs and low roid count. You then struggle to save enough resources to self exile. The disband button needs more thought.

galaxy 1:1 for example shouldnt be inthe calculation

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 02:05   #11
Appocomaster
PA Team

Appocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAppocomaster spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Timmy
galaxy 1:1 for example shouldnt be inthe calculation
It isn't - neither are the c200 galaxies.
Unread 18 Nov 2006, 20:50   #12
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

still defeats the object really. once the gameis under way you can not find enough active planets to vote. If you could, you probably wouldnt be disabnding !

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote