User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support

Unread 19 Oct 2005, 21:41   #1
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve
Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty

So I'm a whore in buying it but was nabbed off eBay for a nice price (cheapest I could find on net was £155 inc. P&P & VAT).

I install it etc. etc. and upon restart Creative Media Source and all the neat progs come up with some error or other about the audio components not being able to load as they're for the wrong version or something... I'll get a more detailed one + screenies just after I uninstall my C-Media Audio driver and see if this resolves it.

Thanks all.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 21:47   #2
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty

I wouldnt buy anything that has something to do with the faggot called Fatal1ty.

Getting back on topic, I have no idea what you're speaking off, sorry.
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 22:00   #3
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSmoke
I wouldnt buy anything that has something to do with the faggot called Fatal1ty.

Getting back on topic, I have no idea what you're speaking off, sorry.
Good contribution, thanks.

Sounds like your old media drivers might be shafting things, it's generally advised that if you're replacing hardware that you uninstall all of its drivers prior to replacing it.
Unread 19 Oct 2005, 22:49   #4
Androme
☆ ♥ 

I bought it because Platinum version wasn't going on eBay at the time.

Anyway, it says "Unable to load need components. Please reinstall the application." - I've done this about 5 times now, completely removed the Creative directory and made sure no more Creative lies in the Add/Rem Progs list. I'm also missing a Multimedia Audio Controller because it's not on my hardware list under controllers for sound and video etc. normally I have one that turns out to be C-Media97 Codec which is there but this other one isn't :|
----------retired-------
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 11:56   #5
Luckeh!!!!
-=Murderous Plush Toy=-

Luckeh!!!! will become famous soon enoughLuckeh!!!! will become famous soon enough

try download the latest drivers from Creative, but i know creative are retarded and don't supply full retail drivers online, only the bare drivers to get the thing working.
Luckeh!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Oct 2005, 12:17   #6
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Cheers dude I'll try that later on tonight. I rang Creative and the only other thing they suggested to me was to format my drive... wooo....

Also, my system's found this missing Multimedia Audio Controller and keeps cropping up with a new hardware found everytime I start Windows but it can't find the driver for it despite my vigorous attempts trying to go through the 2 CD's with drivers on given to me by Evesham... This always happens with dodgy installations of Windows that happen with me but this is the first time it's happened since the install which has been fine until now.

Btw, when I last installed the Creative Card, the Creative X-Fi controller under sound and thing had a yellow blip thing on the icon... something's wrong heh... will let you know if the driver updates work... M.
----------retired-------
Unread 22 Oct 2005, 12:05   #7
Androme
☆ ♥