User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Feb 2004, 19:54   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Stupidity

Try to beat this if you can :

We were all enjoying our sunday meal in the kitchen when the power died.
Bear in mind that 3 of us had computers/tv's etc etc running.
Mine was performing a scan of the uni network looking for shared files. Others were copying/transferring files etc etc

So we think 'bolllocks'

One of us then goes to investigate the breaker box. Shes then told to 'not touch it' by our italian/greek flatmate.

Turns out he killed the power to the entire flat because he was changing a light bulb in his bedside lamp....

:/
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 19:57   #2
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Stupidity

I post on an internet forum!
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 19:57   #3
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

blowing a circuit breaker when light bulbs go is not uncommon.

nor is it particularly 'stupid'

it happens.
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 20:00   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
lol!

Oh, and NB3, it's pretty stupid not TO TURN THE LIGHT OFF FIRST
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 20:04   #5
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
lol!

Oh, and NB3, it's pretty stupid not TO TURN THE LIGHT OFF FIRST
no-one mentioned anything about the light being left on, so your drawing daft conclusions.

edit : example of stupidity lol.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 20:07   #6
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
lol!

Explain, then, how he managed it?
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 20:09   #7
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

You mean he switched the power off to change the bulb?
If so then I would beat him.

If it was just that he tripped it accidently while doing it then pffh things happen.

Though,really,if it was the first one then CRUSH KILL DESTROY
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 20:10   #8
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
lol!

Explain, then, how he managed it?
*ahem*

If he changed the bulb while it was on, why was he not running around the flat screaming like a bitch with a burned hand.

The only alternative being he took out the old bulb , then turned on the power , and put in the new one.

Neither is a particularly clever move, but Bulb changing is the most common cause of a power switch tripping in this household, so its not unusual.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 20:11   #9
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

If however he turned off the entire power supply so he could change a lightbulb , then hes retarded and shouldnt be allowed at a university.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 20:12   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
lol!

The bulb wasn't necessarily hot duder.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 20:17   #11
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

I've often changed bulbs when the power is on (in caseswhere there are multiple switches for a single light so you cant tell if its on or not) and they certainly dont get too hot to touch in the time it takes to get it properly fitted.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 20:19   #12
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

However, thinking about it further, you mentioned it was a lamp, by this do you mean it was the type just plugged into a wall with its own switch, not the main light for the room? If it was just a little lamp I've never known one of these to blow the fuse when changing a bulb. I'd get it looked at if I were you. The only time the electric went at my parents house (as opposed o the light circuits) was when teh freezer totally died, and then it kept blowing every time we reset it till we found the issue and unplugged it. Unplugging the whole kitchen one by one was slow.
Unread 29 Feb 2004, 20:26   #13
Baron Morte
Blatantly overcooked

Baron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud ofBaron Morte has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEWSBOT3
blowing a circuit breaker when light bulbs go is not uncommon.

nor is it particularly 'stupid'

it happens.
You dont get it. He broke the circuit so he could change the bulb. Thats pretty much as stupid as it gets.
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 00:20   #14
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

first, in america, when a bulb goes out, breakers never trip. Secondly, ever heard of a think called a switch.. :-/ Secondly you cange the bulb w/o turning the power off. 75 watts dont run that hot. OFC it depends on your tolerence for pain. I can pretty much wire a house frome the ground up... know all the amp/wire classifications.. and p/s getting shocked by 110 wont do anything unless your standing in a pool of water. and its hard to get shocked by 240 because you have to touch both legs simultanious. 440 or something like that mebbe...

so no reason to turn the breaker off.

Are you sh*tting me? You mean my negrep is SOO LOW my opinion is worthless?
Qdeathstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 00:22   #15
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Morte
You dont get it. He broke the circuit so he could change the bulb. Thats pretty much as stupid as it gets.
no, you cant read for shit.

for a start, he didnt break the circuit, he tripped the circuit breaker, (he blew the fuse, in effect).
This can happen without anyone doing anything.

nowhere does it state that he did not turn off the lamp to change the bulb.
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 00:24   #16
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

In the Netherlands, getting hit by a 220 from the wall is quite dangerous and likely lethal. We have a higher amount of Ampere coming out of our outlets than in the USA. Your system is actually safer.
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 03:11   #17
Deciduous

Deciduous is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

for a start, he didnt break the circuit, he tripped the circuit breaker, (he blew the fuse, in effect).

nowhere does it state that he did not turn off the lamp to change the bulb.
"he killed the power to the entire flat" is a touch ambiguous. Given that this lad actively tried to dissuade them from checking the fuse box, I'm inclined to draw the conclusion that he did it on purpose.
Deciduous is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 04:56   #18
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of

I once blew the power to my room by hitting my lamp off the desk in a drunken attempt to turn it off.

As for stupidity, this thread is stupider than your flat mate JJ.

Don't be so god damn ambiguous that the main point of the thread you have created is about what you meant in your post. However if you are stupid enough to create such a shit thread, then you should at least hang around to sort it out.

We are waiting.

Fag.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 06:59   #19
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Qdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these partsQdeathstar is infamous around these parts

you dont have 220 comming out of one wire do you? Its 2 wires of 110 right?

Unread 1 Mar 2004, 08:28   #20
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qdeathstar
you dont have 220 comming out of one wire do you? Its 2 wires of 110 right?
My skill as an electrician is about as great as meaple's penis. All I know is that sticking objects into the electrical outlet that aren't supposed to go there, is very likely to kill you over here.
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 10:57   #21
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i have been blown across a room by a faulty wall socket before it ****ing hurt
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 12:12   #22
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:

Give it up chump, you are so wrong and beginning to look stupid.
CrashTester is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 13:56   #23
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

i herd about that leshy... i was just wonder how they wired it

Unread 1 Mar 2004, 14:03   #24
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

My houses socket supply died on friday night because someone spilt wine on a plug adapter. Noone noticed until midday on saturday...
Our light fuse trips every time a bulb blows in the house, it's annoying but only because I have to go down to the cellar to turn it back on...
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 15:04   #25
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Stupidity

IMO you should switch OFF the light / lamp before changing any bulbs. Just do it, for security etc. You may create a short-circuit or sparkling effects otherwise.
Especially as you never know what really caused the problem (bulb, the lamp itselft, too much power consumed, heat, whatever), it's a good rule to disconnect the consumer in question!

However, IF the light-switch was left on, it could have happened like this: Someone hits the light, and the bulb breaks. Confused why it doesn't work, the person starts wildly switching etc, until (s)he has no idea which was the original (off-)position anymore.
Or 1 person "breaks" the light, leaves it off, the next one tries the switch, leaves it on again...

Annoying, really. If you use a switch and don't notice any effect, always turn it back to restore its original state. Easy rule!
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 19:37   #26
Scoot951
Das Scoot

Scoot951 is an unknown quantity at this point

JJ needs to clear up the wording with his post...

If he was just changing the bulb and it somehow killed the power, I'd be surprised, because I do that with the power on all the time (with no bulb in there, I can't always tell if it's on or off. And if there's suddenly light I still have plenty of time before it gets hot...).

If he turned off the power, then changed his bulb, then he's a complete retard. Even if it was actually needed, he'd be stupid for not giving everyone else a warning first.

I don't really know what I'm doing here
Scoot951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 19:45   #27
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

sigh you are all stupid it seems

IM SURROUNDED BY STUPID PEOPLE

RIGHT IN SIMPLE STEPS :

1. ITALIAN GOES ''MAMAMIA MY LIGHT IT NO WORKY WORKY.'

2. ITALIAN WALKS TO THE CIRCUIT BREAKER BOX AND FLIPS THE MASSIVE RED ONE KILLING THE POWER TO THE ENTIRE FLAT

3. ITALIAN WALKS BACK TO ROOM AND TAKES BULB OUT AND REPLACES IT WITH ANOTHER

4. WE GOTO INVESTIGATE

5. HE TELLS US NOT TO TOUCH BECAUSE HES STILL INSTALLING HIS BULB

6. WE TELL HIM NOT TO BE A TARD

7. I COME POST HERE
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 19:47   #28
JammyJim
Godfather

just to expand :

this is why hes stupid

1. he killed power to EVERYTHING in the flat when he couldve either 'turned off' the lamp or even unplugged it

2. he thought this was a resonable thing to do

3. he didnt even consider for a moment that anything else might be on at all.

4. he killed everything to replace A SINGLE BULB.
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 19:49   #29
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

To be fair, you didn't actually SAY THAT CLEARLY IN YOUR FIRST POST.
Unread 1 Mar 2004, 19:51   #30
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Now you have cleared that up, yes, it was bloody stupid.
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 05:02   #31
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

JammyJim we got that. But that wasnt much of a discussion, or worth posting on the bords. Same thing can be said for a lot of thread on GD anyway, so instead we have changed it to something wich is a tid-bit more interesting. And the making you angerily repost what you said. Well. That was just for kicks.

Last edited by Qdeathstar; 2 Mar 2004 at 05:07.
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 05:03   #32
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
JJ we got that. But that wasnt much of a discussion, or worth posting on the bords. Same thing can be said for a lot of thread on GD anyway, so instead we have changed it to something wich is a tid-bit more interesting. And the making you angerily repost what you said. Well. That was just for kicks.

I'm not too sure if you're aware of what JJ actually is on these boards heh.
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 05:06   #33
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

:-/ I misquoted. sry.. paying half attention.

Unread 2 Mar 2004, 05:13   #34
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Now I'm
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 05:20   #35
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

me too

Unread 2 Mar 2004, 05:21   #36
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

can anyone help us

Unread 2 Mar 2004, 07:05   #37
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
I'm not too sure if you're aware of what JJ actually is on these boards heh.
He's not quite reached mer level yet, but then again that is because he's still young, there are still lots of easy slags where he lives atm and he hasn't got a dying dog.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 12:25   #38
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Haha Italians are stupid.
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 12:50   #39
CrashTester
I am an idiot

CrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant futureCrashTester has a brilliant future

Quote:

'Turns out he killed the power to the entire flat because he was changing a light bulb in his bedside lamp'

That was clear enough to me.
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 12:52   #40
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTester
'Turns out he killed the power to the entire flat because he was changing a light bulb in his bedside lamp'

That was clear enough to me.
It's clear in hindsight, but you can infer completely different levels of causation between the two statements.
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 12:55   #41
madi
a little bit broken

madi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better placemadi single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
i got it straight off

and
why else would he be saying that the flat mate is an idiot if he hadnt done something idiotic
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 12:59   #42
CrashTester
I am an idiot

Quote:
It's clear in hindsight, but you can infer completely different levels of causation between the two statements.

It was clear beforehand, hindsight just identifies the stupid people.
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 17:09   #43
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
i got it straight off
Well done. Have a custard cream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madi
why else would he be saying that the flat mate is an idiot if he hadnt done something idiotic
Idiotic isn't defined as 'Turning off the house's power when changing a light bulb'; it hasn't got exclusive rights to the word.
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 17:12   #44
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

It is, imperically, If some one defines idiotic as 'Turning off the house's power when changing a light bulb isnt it? According to what ive been reading on that :ther:: thread?

Unread 2 Mar 2004, 17:16   #45
Qdeathstar
edited for readability

Quote:
He's not quite reached mer level yet, but then again that is because he's still young, there are still lots of easy slags where he lives atm and he hasn't got a dying dog
ok

now im really confused.

Unread 2 Mar 2004, 17:18   #46
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
It is, imperically, If some one defines idiotic as 'Turning off the house's power when changing a light bulb isnt it? According to what ive been reading on that :ther:: thread?
Wow u r funny woah lol omg ZERG RUSH!
Unread 2 Mar 2004, 17:24   #47
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Stupidity

FFS!!! We've got foreigners here as well.

And idiotic could as well have meant: Playing around with metal (i.e. the bulbs socket) in the thread (the thing where you screw the bulb in), and causing a short circuit.

Coz idiots would manage to do that.