User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Unread 29 Dec 2009, 19:23   #1
Abort
Dumb Yankee

Abort has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Fort Gals

I'm not much of a forum poster, but I do often read them. I've been playing the game for years and have seen many phases of PA come and go.

Lets face it, fort gals have been around forever, but their size and severity have certainly increased the past few rounds.

Now I've read tons of people asking to somehow combat the growing trend of fort gals, but I've also read people saying that they aren't the problem and they should be left alone.

So to all you guys for it: Why are you for it? How does it help the game?

IMO, Fort gals are hurting the game in a number of ways. I will list a few:

1. It makes it much harder for new players to get rolling. I've had many newbie gal members join the game, then almost a week later leave it realizing they were at GREAT disadvantage on top of being new to the game.

2. The meta game has turned into attack recall, attack recall... this is so ****ing boring it nearly makes my nose bleed thinking about it. I know other factors contribute to this dilemma, but this is certainly one of them.

3. More fleets. The past few rounds i've seen fort gals have 3 to 5 more planets than most galaxies. Considering that most fort gals are extremely active... 9 to 15 more fleets is an incredible advantage over say the 10 planet quasi-fort gal. Late joins shouldn't be allowed IMO, it only makes overpowered gals, even more overpowered.

This is all I can really think of at the moment and my pizza is about done. Don't come in here saying "this is dumb, delete thread plox." Discuss the topic, show me why fort gals shouldn't be prevented.

Sorry if this topic is already a beaten dead horse, but I think it's noteworthy and an issue worth discussion.