User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Jun 2004, 02:32   #1
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Newspaper Comics

So I was wondering if you have any cool comics in your local magazines and newspapers, and I thought it might be cool if everyone posted a few in a single thread, so we might all amuse ourselves with some great Intarweb Comic Culture Exchange, or whatever. I've got two comics which I personally find quite amusing, so I shall shortly describe them, and add a few translated examples.
  • Fokke & Sukke
    Originally started as a comic strip for student newspapers, but became very successful and went national. The comic now appears in both student magazines, as well as the country's upper-class type newspaper, NRC Handelsblad. Fokke & Sukke are two student-like, bird-like friends who don't wear pants and will shag anything that moves. Including each other. The comics tend to be oriented towards current events, often politics, business and sports. The following examples are a random selection of in my opinion amusing ones from the past few weeks:

http://members.chello.nl/igroeneveld...ic/foksuk1.png
    http://members.chello.nl/igroeneveld...ic/foksuk2.png
    http://members.chello.nl/igroeneveld...ic/foksuk3.png

• Dirkjan
    Dirkjan is a comic strip that has been going for a while, and appears in several magazines, including our TV guide. It features Dirkjan, a big ugly single guy and some of his friends. Aliens and gnomes (well, the dutch equivalent - kabouters) make frequent guest appearances. The comics usually make an unexpected turn, or have a play on words. The past few weeks have been gladiator-themed for example, and in one Dirkjan is informed of having to face an intimidating gladiator who, according to his friend Bert, has never lost. He subsequently decimates Dirkjan... at a game of poker. Quite amusing if you like the simple, yet subtle humour. These examples were taken from a "Count Dirkula" series of comics.

http://members.chello.nl/igroeneveld...c/dirkjan1.png
    http://members.chello.nl/igroeneveld...c/dirkjan2.png
    http://members.chello.nl/igroeneveld...c/dirkjan3.png
Go on and share your cool comics with the world!
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 02:44   #2
1-X
overtired

1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.1-X has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Newspaper Comics

(I have no comics to add but) I'd like to commend you on possibly the tidiest post ever

oh, and while they were all funny, #2 and #6 were most
1-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 02:51   #3
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i fell in love with calvin and hobbes after my gf purchased me the 'complete calvin and hobbes' giant book thing because id never heard of it before.

now i can safely say they are pure genious
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 03:08   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've never been a big fan of comic strips in newspapers - most comics work better in a book form where the humour can develop over time. I'd tend to agree with Bill Watterson that the panel format is pretty restrictive. Note : I'm not as energetic as Leshy so these are all simply Googled images. I'm not including web comics, as this was supposed to be Newspaper comics.

Hmmm. Rather worryingly none of those are British comics. The most famous English one is probably "Andy Capp" but I never really found that funny. That's pretty much it I think, although perhaps Garfield as well when I was much younger.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 04:57   #5
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Newspaper Comics

Calvin & Hobbes, Dilbert, Doonesbury (before he got so preachy), Bloom County (before he got so weird) and of course, The Far Side.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 05:04   #6
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
i fell in love with calvin and hobbes after my gf purchased me the 'complete calvin and hobbes' giant book thing because id never heard of it before.

now i can safely say they are pure genious
I remember reading that when I Was 11 to a Dyslexic kid in my class, I then always thought you know I Could say anything here but I never did.

Anyway Calvin and Hobbes is most aces but I haven't seen anything new from them since I was 12 or something and I had read most of the stupendously large comic books they came in.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 09:23   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
I haven't seen anything new from them since I was 12 or something
That's because Bill Watterson's been hiding from the world in Hudson, Ohio.

Re: Dilbert, it used to be in the Express, now it's in New Scientist (I don't know if it's anywhere else).

Nemi is really really really bad.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 09:32   #8
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Nemi is really really really bad.
Bloody Norwegians. I'd still do her though.
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 09:42   #9
SilverSmoke
Guy next door

SilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so littleSilverSmoke contributes so much and asks for so little

Sigmund
SilverSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 09:56   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Bloody Norwegians. I'd still do her though.
She's not 15 dude.
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 09:57   #11
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
She's not 15 dude.
Shut up.
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 11:54   #12
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

leshy already mentioned my fav 2 comics.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 12:19   #13
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Andy Capp > you
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 12:40   #14
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

fokke and sukke \o/\o/
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 12:52   #15
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Calvin & Hobbes is the greatest ever. No debate. Hehe.

I have every Bill Watterson book and I have spread them around like a hideously funny virus. Everyone I know love 'em, how many other comic strips/comedy pieces do you know that everyone likes.

Dilbert is unfunny. He doesn't even write most of the storylines himself, he just has people send in things to his website and his home. Bah!

The comic strips I enjoy are not published in newspapers, mainly cause of their content as opposed to their greateness.
  • Goats Goats.com
    An irreverent strip that has really evolved and come a long long way over the past 4 years or so. Really been spiced up of late by the arrival of a new character, Oliver, a little psychotic yellow cute chick that is the grand-nephew of Satan. Believe me its quite an interesting storyline. His 'father' is Diablo, the nephew of Satan (or so he believes). Once of the best storylines involves Diablo brining long standing main character Jon to meet Satan at his weekly poker game.
    Im at work so I cant even connect to the site to link to it.
  • Penny Arcade Penny-Arcade.com
    Most people know this already so I will just point that out the occassional genius and regular brilliance of this strip.
  • Achewood Achewood.com
    This strip has been a constant joy due to its imaginative storylines over the past year or two. HArd to explain, its a strip involving animals in the place or humans, with entirely human like actions etc. basically this makes it all the more readable. Chris Onstad really comes up with some whacked out stuff. Entertainment all round.
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 12:54   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncubusGod
Dilbert is unfunny. He doesn't even write most of the storylines himself, he just has people send in things to his website and his home. Bah!
"My invention can detect human stupidity. It has a very simple interface. All I do is point it at people."
"Then what does it do?"
"Why would it need to do anything else?"
-- Dogbert, Dilbert, Dogbert
Unread 30 Jun 2004, 13:00   #17
IncubusGod
WANNASEEMYNEWCHAINSAW

IncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldIncubusGod spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Meh...I have Dilbert books. All are mediocre with little actually funny jokes. Some witty remarks, mostly bland.