User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 20 Jul 2004, 17:21   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Bugger

I'm currently playing in a poker tournament ($1 buy in).

261 people entered.

I am largest (by quite a way) of the 17 left.

This sounds good.

Unfortunately i have to go to work in 20 mins :(
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 17:35   #2
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts
Re: Bugger

If you stand to make more by winning than you would taking your shift then call in a sickie.

THE ULTIMATE GAMBLE.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 17:36   #3
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

oddly enough i jusyt deposited 17 quid for the first time in ages.

im up 6 bucks so far.
only been playing for about 5minutes tho.

to think i make just a little mor than that for an hour at work.

sigh
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 17:53   #4
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Why do you always choose to play on the journey to work?
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 17:55   #5
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

because hes a pillock

ive doubled my cash now

up 21 bucks
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 22:24   #6
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

OK update.

I was the largest person with 10 left (197k to 2nd place's 64k).

This was 2 minutes before i had to leave for work.

I'd started going all in.

I made it 15 all ins before i busted out.

I was quite pleased that i'd managed to knock a further 5 people out before i lost.

As such i finished 5th and "banked" $15.67 (woo hoo).
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 22:39   #7
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Just out of interest, if you'd won, how much would you have won?
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 22:50   #8
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Dark-Strider is on a distinguished road

idd i would like to know that.

u needed ure cheerleaders with u
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 22:57   #9
JammyJim
Godfather

dacey poos
i made 55 quid and left 15 dollars in my account

ive forgotten how lucrative this can be heh
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 23:13   #10
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

I should eneter, I used to be ok at Poker. But I dont trust Online gambling sites :/
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 23:45   #11
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

i dunno how to play poker.

anyone can enlighten me? just the basics?

i understand that online poker is easy because you don't need to read the expressions when you do that where yout ry to psyche someone else out.

if you get what i mean
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 23:49   #12
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Same as KaneED,

I need something to pass the time, low stakes gambling could be the way to do it.

Educate me oh gods of Poker.
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 23:49   #13
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

l33t siggy Kaned
Unread 20 Jul 2004, 23:59   #14
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There's absolutely no way to teach someone how to play poker without actually playing the game. As I say this I'm up sixty dollars so trust me I'm right. Sit down and play on either the penny tables or for play money. As a general guideline any pair is decent, tens or better nearly always deserves a raise, ace with a ten or better is a good hand, king queen/jack is playable. A flush draw has a 38% chance of hitting off the flop and a open ended straight draw is a one in three shot. Aces are over-rated, a set won't always hold up and if you hit a full house for god's sake don't bet it.
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 00:22   #15
Dark-Strider
Reservoir Dog

Go Jonny, He's our man.
If he can't flsuh em, no one can!

Jonny can be replaced with Dace for whoever is winning
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 00:29   #16
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JammyJim
dacey poos
i made 55 quid and left 15 dollars in my account

ive forgotten how lucrative this can be heh
That's cause you cheat though and play at tables where you already have friends at and discuss your hands on msn before betting rite?

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 21 Jul 2004, 00:31   #17
Rids
The Bad Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
There's absolutely no way to teach someone how to play poker without actually playing the game. As I say this I'm up sixty dollars so trust me I'm right. Sit down and play on either the penny tables or for play money. As a general guideline any pair is decent, tens or better nearly always deserves a raise, ace with a ten or better is a good hand, king queen/jack is playable. A flush draw has a 38% chance of hitting off the flop and a open ended straight draw is a one in three shot. Aces are over-rated, a set won't always hold up and if you hit a full house for god's sake don't bet it.
I appreicate you're trying to help.

Unfortunately what you just said, confused the absolute ****ing bollocks off of me. Is there are 'Dummies guide to Poker' or similar availible on this hear internet?
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 00:35   #18
Evergreen
the merciless

I still think if dace stood to win more by finisihing 1st/2nd than turning up an hour or two late or taking a sickie he should of done the sickie and stayed and won instead of turning up for a shift.

Unread 21 Jul 2004, 00:38   #19
Rids
The Bad Guy

Well spotted there Captain Obvious.
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 00:40   #20
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rids
Well spotted there Captain Obvious.
Now you are just going from thread to thread trolling me.... WHAT will you achieve?

Unread 21 Jul 2004, 00:42   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

Unfortunately what you just said, confused the absolute ****ing bollocks off of me. Is there are 'Dummies guide to Poker' or similar availible on this hear internet?
Someone told me this was decent. Assuming you know the value of the hands just sit down and see what wins more often than not, what hands when they do win make truckloads of money and what hands can lose big.
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 00:42   #22
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:

www.pokertips.org
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 00:48   #23
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Someone told me this was decent. Assuming you know the value of the hands just sit down and see what wins more often than not, what hands when they do win make truckloads of money and what hands can lose big.
Quote:
If you are dealt a hand that has potential, such as A8 suited, then you should pay the money to stay in the hand until the flop is shown. If the flop cards are weak, then you can always fold the hold. However, if the flop comes A - 9 - 10, then you have a very strong hand.
Surely nonsense?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 00:48   #24
JonnyBGood
Banned

Oh and if you play online poker please get a connection that's faster than a lobotomised snail. I have wasted half an hour of my life on his one ****er who must be running back and forth to his ISP carrying each individual byte.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
Surely nonsense?
Man but I should read these websites before I recommend them

That actually makes little to no sense. All I can think he means is that if the 9,10 are of your suited you have a strong hand. Anything else is gibberish as a,k,j would be better there than a,9,10.
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 01:00   #25
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

i'm joining pokerroom.com to have a fiddle with free games to see how it works!
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 01:18   #26
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Just out of interest, if you'd won, how much would you have won?

$77 was first place money.

As to the "surely it was worth throwing a sickie" angle.

It wouldnt have been worth it as i need to call in sick before work starts (i wouldn't have been able to as i was on the internet) and whats the point in getting a disciplinary action (talking to or whatever ... maybe something stronger) if i can make money at poker at a later date (which i'm sure i can ... i'm using this time more as practise which could have the bonus of a little money rather than a money making period etc).
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 01:34   #27
KaneED
Motherfracker

what sites do you guys use btw?
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 01:42   #28
Dace
so f*cking zen

ladbrokes
Unread 21 Jul 2004, 01:43   #29
JammyJim
Godfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
That's cause you cheat though and play at tables where you already have friends at and discuss your hands on msn before betting rite?

nope.
i played 2 or 3 games where i had friends on table and i watchd a few mates play together but today was just me

and my pc

i went up 50 bucks. then lost it all. then came back and won 110 ish
hurrah!

all from a 15 dollar initial investment.