User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 Jun 2004, 22:00   #1
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Would the American Population on these boards be so kind as to

Tell me what they thought of "Fahrenheit 9/11", and was it as good as the book (which was decent for a while and then traipsed off into self-deifying "Im Michael ****ing Moore, i make people take notice of the little guy" mode).
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 22:11   #2
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Would the American Population on these boards be so kind as to

which book? stupid white men or Dude wheres my country?

One persons opinion on the film though:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/inter...248200,00.html

He didn't seem to like it...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 22:13   #3
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Would the American Population on these boards be so kind as to

I haven't seen it but I'm sure it will be every bit as good* as everything else he's done.

*bad
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 22:25   #4
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
which book? stupid white men or Dude wheres my country?

One persons opinion on the film though:
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/inter...248200,00.html

He didn't seem to like it...
Kermode is the single worst film reviewer in the UK. He slates everything except obscure Japanese/Serbian arthouse movie, and should not be allowed in a Cinema again until he learns that the entire movie world does not shudder every time he says "That was Crap" (for the 374,843,385th time).

****ing Wanker. Ignore everything he says until he says "Im retiring".

And apparently it was based on Dude Wheres My Country, with a little bit of Stupid White Men thrown in.
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 22:31   #5
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Lakhim is on a distinguished road

Well, it was the top grossing film this week at the box office, with $21.96 million dollars in tickets sold.
Lakhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 22:35   #6
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Kermode is the single worst film reviewer in the UK. He slates everything except obscure Japanese/Serbian arthouse movie, and should not be allowed in a Cinema again until he learns that the entire movie world does not shudder every time he says "That was Crap" (for the 374,843,385th time).

****ing Wanker. Ignore everything he says until he says "Im retiring".

And apparently it was based on Dude Wheres My Country, with a little bit of Stupid White Men thrown in.
I very rarely trust film reviewers anyway, they aren't me so they don't know if I'll like it.

Quite a well rounded interview is here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/michaelmoo...055591,00.html

Dude where's my country? definately tailed off. I think it's got to the point where most people reading the book already know how bad the Bush administration is so nothing will shock us any more.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 22:36   #7
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakhim
Well, it was the top grossing film this week at the box office, with $21.96 million dollars in tickets sold.
Actually , White Chicks outdid it over the Wed-Sun period.
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 22:37   #8
Lakhim
Official Annoyance

Lakhim is on a distinguished road

week(end)
Lakhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 22:42   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I haven't seen it yet, but I feel confident in saying : Whether you enjoy it or hate it will probably depend on what level you're trying to take in the film. If you see it as a sort of stand-up comedy routine (with some stunts) then you might enjoy it. If you think it's supposed to a academic critique of the Bush presidency you'll be sorely disappointed.

For fans and enemies of Mike, can I please say :
Not everything Moore says is supposed to be taken seriously. Christ, in his book he has an entire section about not hiring white people because they're all lazy.

I enjoyed "Bowling" because it was very funny in parts.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 22:46   #10
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
I haven't seen it but I'm sure it will be every bit as good* as everything else he's done.

*bad
I pity the fool who disses bowling for columbine (only had like one bad argument which was 2 minutes long in the whole movie, the rest was quality.)

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 22:53   #11
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
I very rarely trust film reviewers anyway, they aren't me so they don't know if I'll like it.

Quite a well rounded interview is here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/michaelmoo...055591,00.html

Dude where's my country? definately tailed off. I think it's got to the point where most people reading the book already know how bad the Bush administration is so nothing will shock us any more.
Im sure ive read that interview before, and the majority of the points it makes are the same ones I thought of while reading "Dude, Wheres my Country" on a very long train journey back from Wales.

I do appreciate his mentality of "If you give me a shitload of money for being 'Anti-Bush' then im just going to fire it into more Anti-Bush stuff. Its like handing me a loaded molotov cocktail."

The irony of him being a millionaire and having a huge tax break, then using it to fund criticisms of the tax breaks, goes beyond anything Nod has ever said on these boards.
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 22:55   #12
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I haven't seen it yet, but I feel confident in saying : Whether you enjoy it or hate it will probably depend on what level you're trying to take in the film. If you see it as a sort of stand-up comedy routine (with some stunts) then you might enjoy it. If you think it's supposed to a academic critique of the Bush presidency you'll be sorely disappointed.

For fans and enemies of Mike, can I please say :
Not everything Moore says is supposed to be taken seriously. Christ, in his book he has an entire section about not hiring white people because they're all lazy.

I enjoyed "Bowling" because it was very funny in parts.
I like his books. His style is wayward and you can see him writing it page by page, sometimes tired and angry (swearing and cursing), sometimes well rested and intellectual, and sometimes trying to lighten the whole idea by dropping in some well placed sarcasm and cynicism which we can only hope the US market as a whole will get (best name EVER for a book chapter was "Why doesnt General Motors sell Crack?")
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 22:56   #13
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Still though I have to agree with mark kermode's opinions on super size me being a better documentry.

It's funny theatre's are more objectionable to that movie than to farenheit 9/11

Why?

Cause most cinema chains actually make their profits from concessions (burger king, hot dogs, popcorn anything else they've shoved in there) and the movie's rarely break even for them unless it's a blockbuster, the threatre erin works at took $250k in a holiday weekend from concessions alone.

Super Size me isn't going to exactly encourage fat assed brain dead cinema goer's to go down and buy more fries/hot dogs/popcord/overpriced soda and so is in fact more censored than any movie michael moore will make.

But yah it's an unfortunately tangent, Michael Moore seems to have this matyr thing going on in his head..... needs to come down a peg or two before the message is lost in a whole war of ego's.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 27 Jun 2004, 23:12   #14
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've not seen Super Size Me but it sounds like the most moronic concept for a documentary ever.
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 23:40   #15
Evergreen
the merciless

It got mcdonalds in australia to counteract with a defensive statement suggesting that people do not eat mcdonald meals more than 3 times a week.

Considering that it's funny.

Unread 27 Jun 2004, 23:44   #16
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
I've not seen Super Size Me but it sounds like the most moronic concept for a documentary ever.
Its actually very very good (and exceptionally difficult to find a showing of).

Basically, this guy went for a set period eating nothing much McDonalds , Burger King , Wendy's , etc , for every meal. At the end of the period, he had a full checkup and discovered, among other things, that his Kidney (or Liver, cant remember which) had swollen up to twice its normal size, his blood pressure was through the roof, hed gained nearly 4 stone, and basically his body was completely ****ed (Amusing Note : His Girlfriend is a dyed in the wool Veggie, so for the duration she was watching him eat this stuff.

At the end, hes basically went to McDonalds and said "So, this is what your shit does. Care to talk about it?" and within 7 days of its release they pulled the "Super Size" from their menu (Editors Note : They STILL do super size, they just dont advertise it, you have to ask when ordering)
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 23:48   #17
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

yeah, apparently cinema popcorn is more profitable than heroin...

true story.
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 23:49   #18
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
yeah, apparently cinema popcorn is more profitable than heroin...

true story.
Scary , but true.
Unread 27 Jun 2004, 23:56   #19
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Basically, this guy went for a set period eating nothing much McDonalds , Burger King , Wendy's , etc , for every meal.
Yeah, but that's stupid. If someone drank nothing but vodka for a month then obviously they'd die. What does that prove exactly? That too much alcohol is bad for you? What next? Doctors don't recommend repeated gun-shot wounds to the face and neck?

I've heard it was funny, so I wouldn't mind seeing it. But as a concept it's sounds, as I mentioned, really ****ing stupid.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:01   #20
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Yeah, but that's stupid. If someone drank nothing but vodka for a month then obviously they'd die.
that sounds like a challenge to me.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:02   #21
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Scary , but true.
I'm not quite too sure what this proves except for the fact that popcorn is relatively expensive in comparison to it's manufacturing price. It doesn't exactly prove that popcorn is inherently evil or addictive or will kill you. I'm sure the profit on sturgeon eggs is pretty high as well.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:03   #22
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

apparently cinema popcorn is actually the most profitable good in the world though, the heroin thing was just another way to say it.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:07   #23
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Was that just an abstract statement though, or does it have implications I'm not getting here?!??!?!
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:11   #24
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

well, it was off topic if thats what you mean :/

i just thought it was interesting. i never meant it to be evil.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:11   #25
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
that sounds like a challenge to me.
How about E every day for a month?
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:11   #26
Evergreen
the merciless

That if you can set yourself up in a good place to sell popcorn at high volume you'll do more business than someone wanting to get rich off of heroin with no risk of jailtime.

and yah the theatre my gf works at basically offers you as much popcorn as you want if your a member of staff for the sum of 10p (which goes towards paying for the paper poke and the flavourings.)

Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:12   #27
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
How about E every day for a month?
well i know that doesnt kill you, from anecdotal evidence.

the problem is, when you said nothing but vodka i kind of assumed you meant no other liquids. I dont see what you could not have that would make E dangerous and be in the same 'category'
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:13   #28
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
the problem is, when you said nothing but vodka i kind of assumed you meant no other liquids. I dont see what you could not have that would make E dangerous and be in the same 'category'
Instead of food, heh.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:14   #29
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Yeah, but that's stupid. If someone drank nothing but vodka for a month then obviously they'd die. What does that prove exactly? That too much alcohol is bad for you? What next? Doctors don't recommend repeated gun-shot wounds to the face and neck?

I've heard it was funny, so I wouldn't mind seeing it. But as a concept it's sounds, as I mentioned, really ****ing stupid.
Ok welcome to the concept of food.

Unlike Alcohol, Food is a neccessary staple of any living organism's life.

Now the fact that we are well trained into accepting that you have 3 meals a day for a regular healthy diet which should include protein, vegetables, carbo's and stuff is something that sticks in society.

McDonald advertise their food as meals, so ideally going behind the whole conception of the thing it is perfectly healthy to have 3 meals a day and hence if McDonalds meals were indeed meals they should not be toxic to the body.

They are however, as toxic as consuming vast quantities of alcohol for a long period.

The difference there is a lot of preventative measures over alcohol is taken, none is taken over fast food.

So yah your analogy blows.

Bad dante BAD!

Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:14   #30
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

well then yeah, i guess you'd die

sucks.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:14   #31
JonnyBGood
Banned

Buying popcorn in a cinema is a poor choice. It's like buying a coke in mcdonalds. Why not just go to the shop two minutes away and get it cheaper? (Apparently they make disgusting profit margins on soft drinks in fast food joints as well).
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:16   #32
JonnyBGood
Banned

Lol what if you like ate a billion carrots a day for a month? Would that be bad for you? Why are there no warnings about that? ****ING EVIL CARROT GROWERS WANT TO KILL US ALL FOR PROFITS BAD BIG BUSINESS.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:17   #33
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Buying popcorn in a cinema is a poor choice. It's like buying a coke in mcdonalds. Why not just go to the shop two minutes away and get it cheaper? (Apparently they make disgusting profit margins on soft drinks in fast food joints as well).
Yah they do, a bag of syrup costs less than a can of coke and is good for making like 10 litre's of the shit or something.

I'm actually talking to my future roommates of the townhouse we are leasing (6 people 2 of them couples, 4 bedrooms) and talking about the financial benefits of just getting a bar/fast food style coke pump for making coca cola.

Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:19   #34
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Lol what if you like ate a billion carrots a day for a month? Would that be bad for you? Why are there no warnings about that? ****ING EVIL CARROT GROWERS WANT TO KILL US ALL FOR PROFITS BAD BIG BUSINESS.
Cause Carrots are not a ****ing meal, everyone knows that and no-one in the industry disguises carrots as a balanced meal that you could eat regularly.

Education, Education, Education my dear jonny.

(I know you are just trying to discredit carrots for the benefit of the irish potato industry, where you encourage the world population to eat billions of potato's a day for a month cause it's good).

Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:20   #35
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
Ok welcome to the concept of food.
I don't define a "meal" as something giving me every nutrient required for a healthy life. If I eat two slices of toast in the morning I'm considering that my breakfast. Does that mean, by extension, I should be able to eat just that for a month with no ill-effects?

Also, why just pick on fast food? Recently in a restaurant I had a large steak, fries and a lemonade. If I eat just that for a month how healthy will I be?

Fast Food should be treated like alcohol by consumers. If you overdo on it you'll **** your health up (same with drugs and many other things). The dangers are not unknown and are not surprising. There are serious criticisms one can make regarding advertising to children etc, but if someone eats nothing but McDonalds for a month then quite frankly I'm glad their liver explodes and so forth. Perhaps it'll stop them reproducing and spreading their stupidity any further.

edit : I have never met anyone who thought McDonalds provided a balanced meal. Ever. The people who eat there a lot have the same attitude towards smoking. "Yeah, it's ****ing up my health but I like it." As with smokers, you pay your money you takes your choice.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:22   #36
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
I don't define a "meal" as something giving me every nutrient required for a healthy life. If I eat two slices of toast in the morning I'm considering that my breakfast. Does that mean, by extension, I should be able to eat just that for a month with no ill-effects?

Also, why just pick on fast food? Recently in a restaurant I had a large steak, fries and a lemonade. If I eat just that for a month how healthy will I be?

Fast Food should be treated like alcohol by consumers. If you overdo on it you'll **** your health up (same with drugs and many other things). The dangers are not unknown and are not surprising. There are serious criticisms one can make regarding advertising to children etc, but if someone eats nothing but McDonalds for a month then quite frankly I'm glad their liver explodes and so forth. Perhaps it'll stop them reproducing and spreading their stupidity any further.
Heh, tbh he brought out super size me too soon, if he hung around for McDonalds Salad + range he'd get just as ill and it'd of been more devastating imo.

(there's more sodium than reccomended in a day in one salad from mcdonalds, not to mention as much fat as your allowed in a day, from a ****ing salad I may add....)

Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:23   #37
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:

edit : I have never met anyone who thought McDonalds provided a balanced meal. Ever. The people who eat their a lot have the same attitude towards smoking. "Yeah, it's ****ing up my health but I like it." As with smokers, you pay your money you takes your choice.
McDonalds advertises at children.

Malboro and Smirnoff don't.

Point made.

Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:24   #38
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:

Point made.
Marlboro do, its just not as Direct.

Point taken apart pretty easily for once.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:25   #39
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:
Cause Carrots are not a ****ing meal, everyone knows that and no-one in the industry disguises carrots as a balanced meal that you could eat regularly.

Education, Education, Education my dear jonny.

(I know you are just trying to discredit carrots for the benefit of the irish potato industry, where you encourage the world population to eat billions of potato's a day for a month cause it's good).
Did McDonalds actually advertise everything on their menu as being a balanced meal? Or is it just part of a balanced diet? I'd accept the second one regardless because McDs sell milk and I'm fairly sure milk is part of a balanced diet. If I ate a huge ****ing steak every day for a month it'd probably affect me badly but a steak can be part of a balanced diet.

Nobody advertises carrots anyways so it hardly matters.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:25   #40
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:

Point made.
I specifically mentioned that point in my post dude. And I'd say quite a lot of cigarette advertising (in the past at least) was indirectly aimed at children. Alcohol is still advertised to children (well, under 18s) albeit they don't admit to it.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 00:27   #41
JonnyBGood
Banned

Quote:

Point made.

What are you defining as children? It's a not-so-secret fact that most alcohol companies aim their product at 12 years (puberty) and up.
Unread 28 Jun 2004, 02:09   #42
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Quote:
I like his books. His style is wayward and you can see him writing it page by page, sometimes tired and angry (swearing and cursing), sometimes well rested and intellectual, and sometimes trying to lighten the whole idea by dropping in some well placed sarcasm and cynicism which we can only hope the US market as a whole will get (best name EVER for a book chapter was "Why doesnt General Motors sell Crack?")
I read 'Dude, Where's my Country', laughed a little, until I realised that he makes his living out of taking the piss out of anyone he doesn't like.
Unread 29 Jun 2004, 15:40   #43
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough

This is an outstanding review that relates mostly what I thought of it.
http://www.prospect.org/web/page.ww?...articleId=7951

Amusingly, it's written by a far left reviewer, so I was mildly surprised.

My problem with Moore is that he's an arrogant dick. He's "trying to be funny" in about the same way as shooting someone in the ass is funny. I found him about as pleasant as a stick in the eye in real life, so I might be biased. (Only "warrior for the working class" I've ever met that was a total bastard to his fans and everyone involved in the signing. He's a complete fake. heh)

While this one was good, it was entirely too sensational, emotive, and biased for my tastes. Moore is just the Rush Limbaugh of the Left. Everything is a slant, very little was actually unbiased or truly factual and the greatest moments were despite Moore, not because of.
Unread 29 Jun 2004, 17:22   #44
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Marlboro do, its just not as Direct.

Point taken apart pretty easily for once.
The minute marlboro or Smirnoff get's children daytime tv slots for their adverts and are allowed to use popular childrends programs to promote their products THEN you have taken apart my point.

Cigarrettes have a lot of banned advertising, there are a lot of restrictments on when alcohol and how alcohol can be advertised, there are absolutely no restraints on the wall to wall advertising at all hours of the day in every place habitable done by fast food companies.

Unread 29 Jun 2004, 17:53   #45
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I pity the fool who disses bowling for columbine (only had like one bad argument which was 2 minutes long in the whole movie, the rest was quality.)
How the hell do you define 'bad argument'? Like most things you say, this just reads like a bad troll.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 23:13   #46
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by idimmu
im definatly not voting for him next time
Is that because you're not American?

Farenheit 9/11 is definitely Moore's worst documentary. It started off well with some interesting facts and supported theories, then digressed into the typical self serving irrelevancies that Michael Moore is so fond of.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jul 2004, 23:21   #47
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
Is that because you're not American?

Farenheit 9/11 is definitely Moore's worst documentary. It started off well with some interesting facts and supported theories, then digressed into the typical self serving irrelevancies that Michael Moore is so fond of.
Welcome
To
Hollywood
Unread 6 Jul 2004, 11:59   #48
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
apparently cinema popcorn is actually the most profitable good in the world though, the heroin thing was just another way to say it.
I thought peas were. or have they been usurped now?

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote