User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Jun 2004, 23:14   #51
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: [Football] Strikers for Chelsea

Fowler was another next big thing that didnt come to fruition.

You reckon theres any definitive lists for Old england tournament squads? I'd be interested to see..

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 23:14   #52
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

mcnanananananananananaman
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 23:17   #53
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

nodrog has been drinking

Unread 20 Jun 2004, 23:18   #54
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

i liked vassell better than both rooney and owen tbh.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 23:20   #55
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Vassell is quite good for England, not for Villa though.
I'd start with Rooney and Vassell 2moro.

Fowler had great natural talent but wasted it
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Jun 2004, 23:22   #56
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Vassell is quite good for England, not for Villa though.
I'd start with Rooney and Vassell 2moro.

Fowler had great natural talent but wasted it
No

Start with Owen and Rooney. Owen has the pace to frighten people, but only for short periods, and sub him at halftime for Vassell, even if youre winning, just to keep the opposition on the backfoot.
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 08:20   #57
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
The fact Deco didnt start against Greece in favour of a "lesser known" talent such as Simao says a lot for how good he really is.
You have to bear in mind the fact that Big Players, like Figo for example, have been commenting publically on how Deco is a traitor to his nation, and shouldn't be playing for Portugal. The general opinion is that it was this reason that he wasn't picked at first, and then only came on to replace Rui Costa when it was revealed he was terrible. (Deco is more of a central player, Simao is a wider player, who played with Deco in the 2nd game, and was replaced by Ronaldo.)
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 09:55   #58
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

i dont know but expect Rooney the english striker were all disappointing.

why not give Defoe a chance (at least bring him in 2nd half).

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 10:01   #59
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
i dont know but expect Rooney the english striker were all disappointing.
Can you clarify the english? I'm not sure what I should be replying with.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 10:08   #60
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think he meant "except" Rooney the other strikers (presumably Owen and Vassell) were poor.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 10:10   #61
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I think he meant "except" Rooney the other strikers (presumably Owen and Vassell) were poor.
Vassell was pretty good. Owen was crap, Heskey was crap. Defoe's too similar to what we already have though, imo. Someone like Smith would have added variety (or Stead! **** you blackburn)
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 10:46   #62
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

yeah but as defoe is like 18 or 20, he is probably more "hot".

Unread 21 Jun 2004, 10:57   #63
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
yeah but as defoe is like 18 or 20, he is probably more "hot".
In what sense? Younger = Better isn't really the norm on the international stage, especially at a big competition.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 11:00   #64
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

i thought more about being young you often want to prove yourself or impress someone. (ie your friends/enemys/family) however being like 23 or something you are mature enuff not to act like this.

Unread 21 Jun 2004, 11:33   #65
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurashima
Owen has the pace to frighten people, but only for short periods, and sub him at halftime for Vassell
I think it would be a pretty close race between Owen and Vassell, so Sven would have to have more reasons than just pace to play Owen.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 13:29   #66
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
why not give Defoe a chance (at least bring him in 2nd half).
Because he's not in the squad?
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 13:47   #67
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
Because he's not in the squad?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 14:11   #68
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

how many players are now 'definately' going to chelsea?
Robben (left winger)
Cuch (gk)
those porto players (more midfielders?)

Whats going to happen to Duff? Cudicini? Parker? Cole? etc?
Everyone said how stupid it was for Parker to go to Chelsea. If/when those players are signed I can't see him playing a single game all season.

Where and for how much do you think they will go for?

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 14:21   #69
PureviL
robdash!

PureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to beholdPureviL is a splendid one to behold

Robben can play on the right wing too
It is ridiculous to claim that video games influence children. For instance, if PacMan affected kids born in the 80s, we should by now have a bunch of teenagers who run around in darkened rooms eating pills while listening to monotonous electronic music.
PureviL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 14:22   #70
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Deco is also going to chelsea.

Unread 21 Jun 2004, 14:28   #71
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

As long as Chelsea keep their grubby mits off of Ibrahimovic.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 14:32   #72
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
Whats going to happen to Duff?
The best left winger in the world plas when fit, simple as that.

I've been thinking about Chelsea's possible team next year including the players they have been linked with and i've realised that Abromovich is trying to buy the England team :eek:.

Code:
                     Cech

Johnson       Woodgate?      Terry          Bridge

Beckham?       Gerrard?      Lampard        Duff 
(or Parker)                               (or Cole)

Rooney?       Crespo
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 14:44   #73
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

it does look that way doesn't it.
But seriously, what players have they got in the squad now and who are they actually getting?
Formidable lineup but where are all the 'pretty good' players going to go?

Oh and Man Utd have been linked to Rooney haven't they? So a forward line of Rooney, RVN, Smith, Saha, Solsjkaer. at least one or two must be a little annoyed and want to move for first team chances.

Looks like the fair-to-middling teams in the premiership will get nice boosts to their squad...

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 14:58   #74
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
The best left winger in the world plas when fit, simple as that.

Is that Duff or Robben though?

If Robben plays and plays well i can see them leaving Duff out. Same if Duff starts and plays well. Don't think either is a definite starter, it'll be more a case of see who's on form and stick with them.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 14:58   #75
JC
lolly roffle

Mourinho has said he wants to drastically reduce the size of his squad so i would imagine a fair few people will join Melchiot and Gronjkaer out of the door. Carlton Cole, Veron and Forsell are definately out on loan again next year, so they are effectively not Chelsea players. I wouldnt be surprised if Joe Cole goes out on loan as well, or gets sold, he desperately needs first team football if he ever wants to do anything with his career. Geremi was pretty useless last year, i would sell him, especially if Mourinho is getting 2 Porto midfielders (Deco and Costinha). Desailly is getting on a bitm i'ld sell him on as well. Cudicini will stay so that they dont get into the situation they had last year having to play their 4th choice keeper. No idea whats going to happen in terms of the strikers.

Personally if i was the Chelsea manager i would buy either a quality right back or a centre back. Cant think of any right backs off the top of my head so i'ld buy a centre back (Ayala) and move Gallas to right back. Jonson can then be brought into the team every so often to give him experience and he should eventually become their first choice right back.

They need a fighting midfielder to play along side Lampard instead of Makalel/Geremi/Veron. I'ld either stick with Parker, or go out and buy Gerrard or Gatuso. Then they need a right winger instead of playing a central midfielder like Parker out wide. It seems Beckham is happy to stay in Spain, so the next best option is to either play Robben there (no idea if he can do that and Duff is a waste on the right) or go and buy someone. Joaquin maybe?

Upfront i would pay Everton whatever they want to get Rooney. He can play with anyone, so i'ld give him a go with Crespo and not mess them around with squad rotation as it prevents them developing a good understanding.

I cant see Man U getting Rooney tbh, Chelsea will just out bid them whatever the price.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 14:59   #76
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
If Robben plays and plays well i can see them leaving Duff out. Same if Duff starts and plays well. Don't think either is a definite starter, it'll be more a case of see who's on form and stick with them.
I'm still hoping they decide to loan him back to us .
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 15:02   #77
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Personally if i was the Chelsea manager i would buy either a quality right back or a centre back. Cant think of any right backs off the top of my head so i'ld buy a centre back (Ayala) and move Gallas to right back. Jonson can then be brought into the team every so often to give him experience and he should eventually become their first choice right back.

Didn't they just spend 13 million on Ferreira?

Also i think Makelele/Lampard might be what Jose goes with at first. Leaving Parker a bit screwed but Cole totally out of there, especially if Deco comes in.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 15:04   #78
Ste
Bored

sounds about right... suppose we'll have to wait and see just how many players he actually brings with him.

Anyway, i'm happy so far as forest haven't sold anyone yet. Gareth Williams is the only one reported to be leaving, and going to Leicester of all places. ah well.
Reid and Dawson may go but depends on a decent bid and what the new managers of Liverpool and Tottenham reckon.

Unread 21 Jun 2004, 15:05   #79
JC
lolly roffle

You misread my post. I said quality right back .
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 15:07   #80
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
You misread my post. I said quality right back .
Are you judging him on 1 game or on being in the Uefa Cup/CL winning team?
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 15:13   #81
JC
lolly roffle

I think when you have 4 billion squillion quid at your disposal there are better players you could go out and buy. Porto got pretty lucky on their way to winning the Champs League* so i dont think you** can claim that he was one of the main reasons they won it. He has been very poor for Portugal, admittedly thats not many games i've seen him in but i doubt anyone could argue that he is a better defender to go out and buy than the likes of Ayala, Nesta, Samuel (gone to Real but never mind).

*I'm ignoring the UEFA cup because when we are talking about world class players it counts for nothing

**i know you arent, i meant 'you' generally
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 16:39   #82
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
Mourinho has said he wants to drastically reduce the size of his squad
Yeah, he said that, but it doesn't really mean anything unless you include all the players out on loan, all the youth players who had a sniff of the first team and Dear Old Winston.

He said he wanted a 'trim' squad of 21 outfield players, and you know how many senior outfield players played for chelsea last season? 20, 21 if Stanic played (I can't remember)

[edit]

Does Mourinho like playing with Wingers? I thought he preferred a narrow team, with a good defensive base and 2 free players behind the strikers, so there's room for Duff and Robben in the same team.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 17:05   #83
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

ok From the top

Goalkeeping...

Ambrosio, Sullivan and Macho all on their way out for appropriate prices/loan deals though I think the latter two are gone for good.

Defending....

Melchiot's gone, Desailly is going, Bogarde is gone(contract expired), Huth will be loaned out, Babayaro also to go/loan

(btw Paulo Ferriera is right back with gallas in centre back given glen johnson a rest)

Midfielders

Petit, Veron and Gronjkaer are gone, Geremi and Stanic are bound to leave, Zenden will stay out on loan till a good price or cole/Duff crock emselves proper...,Felipe olivera may go out on loan or may actually see some first team time under mourinho, Alexis Nicolas will prolly be loan material for sure, Smertin out on loan possibly again.

Attackers

Cole and Forsell out on season long loans, Crespo has to go if they can find someone willing, If they sign two big name strikers I can see him not making the european squad, Hasselbaink is great and I hope he stays under mourinhno, Mutu needs some time in the first team.

Ok so that leaves us with (For a small mourinho sized squad...)

Goalkeepers

Petr Cech
Carlo Cudicini
Yves Makalamby (or a possible replacement)

Defenders

Wayne Bridge
John Terry
William Gallas
Paulo Ferreira
Glen Johnson
Celestine Babayaro (possibly otherwise new left back)
Robert Huth (prolly out on loan so new centre back)
New Centre back here

Midfielders

Frank Lampard
Scott Parker (should be in that england squad...)
Arjen Robben (though could be playing upfront as well...)
Damien Duff
Joe Cole
Claude Makelele
Deco
Gerrard?
Right Winger here please

Attackers

Eidur Gudjohnsson
Hasselbaink(hopefully)
Adrian Mutu
Crespo(Hopefully not)
New Striker

So that's your new streamlined Chelsea squad, it badly needs a recognised striker and some definate potential striker.

Badly needs an outstanding right winger imo(lo beckham) and an attacking midfielder in the shape of scholes.

Defence that needs someone preferrably left footed in central defence like samuel or mexes but both are gone already, perhaps also someone to keep wayne bridge on his toes, perhaps someone less attacking minded as well as to play in different formations.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 17:18   #84
Stew
Made of Twigs

I agree fully with what you say on JFH, he really does deserve to stay.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 17:30   #85
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

imo they have to become a team.

Unread 21 Jun 2004, 17:45   #86
JC
lolly roffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
Does Mourinho like playing with Wingers?
No idea what his preferred style is but he'd be better off playing wingers imo.

Quote:
Crespo has to go if they can find someone willing
Why?

His goal scoring record was actually quite good last year considering he didnt start that many games. He was never really given a proper run the team and time to adapt to the Premiership and build an understanding with his strike partner. To sell one of the best strikers in Europe over the last 10 years because of 1 supposedly poor season would be stupid imo.

Edit:

Btw i think Pompey have Smertin on loan for another season.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 17:47   #87
Stew
Made of Twigs

Well, he needs to be sold or given a proper chance, not like last year.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 17:55   #88
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

i so hate clubs like this.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 17:57   #89
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC
No idea what his preferred style is but he'd be better off playing wingers imo.

Why?

His goal scoring record was actually quite good last year considering he didnt start that many games. He was never really given a proper run the team and time to adapt to the Premiership and build an understanding with his strike partner. To sell one of the best strikers in Europe over the last 10 years because of 1 supposedly poor season would be stupid imo.

Edit:

Btw i think Pompey have Smertin on loan for another season.
Cause Crespo is irresponsible imo.... He played himself out of a lot of matches by playing when injured.

You don't need a rogue cannon no matter how good his scoring record is, cause when he ends up on a downturn it'll be a massive downturn.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit

Unread 21 Jun 2004, 17:59   #90
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen
You don't need a rogue cannon no matter how good his scoring record is
And you support Hasselbaink? Nice consistent opinions there.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 18:09   #91
Evergreen
the merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
And you support Hasselbaink? Nice consistent opinions there.
Hasselbaink scores consistently when played and I think the english media overplay his discontent. He's a striker a good striker with a good scoring record who should be starting every game.

Crespo is an injured nicoompoop who wasted so many matches and blew so many chances, hasselbaink isn't a chance waster...

There has definately been idiotic friction between crespo and starting first team, much more than hasselbaink ever done, just everyone wants to bully jimmy out of the UK cause he's black and successful innit(and not english).

Unread 21 Jun 2004, 18:13   #92
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Right.
Unread 21 Jun 2004, 22:15   #93
Nondescript Human
nondescript human

Nondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant futureNondescript Human has a brilliant future

Quote:
when he ends up on a downturn it'll be a massive downturn.
One word - Mutu.
Nondescript Human is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 01:57   #94
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Public newsflash:

Dear old winston's contract at chelsea has finally run out. I'd like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to my idol in life and probably one of the greatest footballers to have ever lived. We will never again see a man paid 40 thousand pounds a week to sit on his ass and laugh at chelsea*

*Bar joe cole, geremi, crespo, makalele..............errrr never mind.
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 01:58   #95
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Public newsflash:

We will never again see a man paid 40 thousand pounds a week to sit on his ass and laugh at chelsea*

Arsene Wenger

Unread 22 Jun 2004, 02:13   #96
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think it's actually a shame what happened to Bogarde.

He could have been our national left-back, had he kept on playing at top level
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 02:16   #97
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Bogarde is up there with Edmundo, the only man in the world bailed out of prison to play football. I'm fairly sure when he killed someone it was only a fifty quid fine.
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 02:25   #98
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Why? For holding Chelsea to the agreement they made with him?
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 02:26   #99
JonnyBGood
Banned

What are you talking about? I think he's a ****ing god. Seriously.
Unread 22 Jun 2004, 14:56   #100
Ste
Bored

Quote:
Robert Huth (prolly out on loan so new centre back)
He is such an AWFUL player - why the hell would chelsea want to hang onto him?