User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 28 Aug 2009, 08:39   #1
Stuhlman

Stuhlman will become famous soon enoughStuhlman will become famous soon enough
Cool Stats round 33 Best and worst

Ok having looked at the stats this round and spent much time doing my normal calcs I have reached these conclusions:

First off best to worst races
- Cathaar best
- Xan Second best
- Zik there in the middle
- ETD playable
- Ter worst

I like Cathaar FR/DE much room for solo or teamups, great race will be able to self defend against all races with great efficiency.

Xan what can I say cloaked with 3 pod types, what more can you ask for, pick xan and build those distorters fast as you can, and you will be on your way to easy top 100, if active easy top 10.

Zik if you are lucky enough to steal early on you will be on your way to best fr/de fleet in the universe. Pick stealers wisely.

ETD is playable as usual but is left with a lot of weakness against xan fr and cathaar co. will need much help to survive with this race.

Terran hmm :/ I never seen the terran race in a worse stats than these. Only pick if you are planning to play all defense all round. All fleets have major weaknesses.

I hope those of you who made it to top 10 appreciate this last minute input and good luck to all.

Last edited by Stuhlman; 28 Aug 2009 at 08:46. Reason: spelling
Stuhlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 08:47   #2
snaga

snaga can only hope to improve
Re: Stats round 33 Best and worst

I canīt agree on cath but xan is easy top 100 and top 10 if played active!

I mean come on, cloaked? Noone can see what you send so rack em distorters up and you win.

By the time you have 150 constructions you should have 3 factories, 1 of each and 147 distorters which will make you IMPOSSIBlE to scan.

And then profit!

Agreed on Ter being the worse, loose everything everywhere everytime. They canīt even def with thoose initīs.

Shoot last = death. Xan will freeroid terrans all round.

Nice analysis of the stats!
snaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 09:01   #3
aif
old spy

aif has a spectacular aura aboutaif has a spectacular aura about

have you sen the stats on terrans and done some clacs at all ? there FR is very good still they ended up on topp last round as there FR fortress WILL work just as good this round
aif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 09:09   #4
Stuhlman

Stuhlman will become famous soon enoughStuhlman will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by aif View Post
have you sen the stats on terrans and done some clacs at all ? there FR is very good still they ended up on topp last round as there FR fortress WILL work just as good this round
M8 when you take all the other races stats this round terran FR does not stand a chance. You can't compare apples to apples, when every other race has changed even terran.
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 09:18   #5
T-rex

T-rex is an unknown quantity at this point

Its nice that someone finally posted stat analysis.. Now i finally know which race to go, Thx man!
T-rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 09:31   #6
snaga

How good is a fortress if you canīt get food enough to substain yourself?

Aif you fail. Look at stats again and come back with some contructive things instead of just acting like a noob.

Unread 28 Aug 2009, 09:49   #7
aif
old spy

aif has a spectacular aura aboutaif has a spectacular aura about

so tell me why did the terrans last round get so high ? FR team ups WILL be hard to def agianst when thye target all and can take a blow with out much loses. allso the terrans can fake there BS with FRīs/nix.

i still think terrans is a good race to go ;-) PPL never solo anymore from the looks of it. and why should terrans do anyhthing else ! when they crush xan when they can fire ofc ! but still i think terrans will do good even this round ! they allways do.
aif is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 10:12   #8
snaga

FAIL FAIL FAIL.

ALl you against ter teamups is teamup and you still ****ing loose.

FAIL FAIL FAIL, poor alliance with you in it. Oh wait, noone let you in? GO ahead as terran Iīll come eat you with my xan forces
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 10:22   #9
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

your fail for thinking that terran will only teamup with terran...
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 10:51   #10
snaga

WHy teamup with terrans when there are SOOOOOOOO much better teamsups like a cath or something?
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 12:13   #11
snaga

last round was last round and different stats to other races?
so tell me why did the terrans last round get so high ?

Answer that AIF and suck on the candy a long time before syaing something stupid again.

ANd if you want another candy, pm me and Iīll give you a real jawbreaker. And throthfiller.
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 12:20   #12
Munkee
Dictator

Munkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to beholdMunkee is a splendid one to behold

snaga get off the drugs plz
Munkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 12:25   #13
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

This is certainly one of the more surreal threads we've seen on the forums recently.
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 12:44   #14
Fuzzy
White Van Man Champion, Squirrel Soccer Champion, Spider Jump Champion

Fuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to beholdFuzzy is a splendid one to behold

snaga is obviously around 13
#1 gal r29 - 1:10 ftw \o/
son of BENNEH, brother of bread| (former son of eksero )

"You cant say an alliance lost, when they finished 2nd" - Light, 2009
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 12:49   #15
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

You got me worried, I feel I've not seen the same stats as you...
GL for a Xan landing his soooo leet FR fleet on a ETD...
http://game.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=bsnokoogaswxzsl
you call that a weakness ?

Last edited by Makhil; 28 Aug 2009 at 13:17.
Makhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 12:52   #16
[JungleMuffin]
Apple Hunt Champion, Super Hacky Sack Champion

[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about[JungleMuffin] has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood View Post
This is certainly one of the more surreal threads we've seen on the forums recently.
Looooooool. I dont know if its cos ive been drinking piss all day or not, but that post was certainly ****ing hilarious

Btw, FYI: Ter was shit last round. Only reason they ranked so well was cos of the App/Asc players playing it. Needless to say, the same players could make turd fleets look sexy.

Edit: PS, u ****s look at one fleet, and immediately see counter fleets. Sadly, PA doesnt always work like that
^^^^ Can you blv that sh*t?
[JungleMuffin] is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 12:55   #17
ricoshay
Save energy: Be apathetic

ricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to beholdricoshay is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaga View Post

Answer that AIF and suck on the candy a long time before syaing something stupid again.

ANd if you want another candy, pm me and Iīll give you a real jawbreaker. And throthfiller.
Still trying to read that, I'll come up with an intelligent reply as soon as I manage to understand it.
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 13:09   #18
MiX
Who cares?

MiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura aboutMiX has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuhlman View Post
- ETD playable

ETD is playable as usual but is left with a lot of weakness against xan fr and cathaar co. will need much help to survive with this race.

What the fk? I didnt even bother reading the rest after this.

I know youre a good player Stuhl, so why are you posting this crap? Also snaga is a troll account or something? Aif knows what hes talking about, you might disagree with him. If so give some proper reason for it.

Etd is more than playable, their Bs fleet is the strongest. How can they lose to xan Fr when they got 3 ships firing with better init? Assassin demolishes xand Fr. As for Etd against xan Co; Im sure every Etd will have some avengers, you dont need much alliance defence after that. So why would that make them specifically weak against cath CO?

Its not funny to paste wack anaylsis to try and fool the less experienced. I hope you just made some miscalcs.
MiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 13:28   #19
M0RPH3US
idle

M0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really niceM0RPH3US is just really nice

**** i picked terran

"Itīs not about how hard u hit, its about how hard u can get hit and still keep moving forward! How much u can take and still move forward!"
M0RPH3US is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 13:40   #20
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
You got me worried, I feel I've not seen the same stats as you...
GL for a Xan landing his soooo leet FR fleet on a ETD...
http://game.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=bsnokoogaswxzsl
you call that a weakness ?
Why would an Xan attack with only Ghosts? You always need flak when you're hitting something which fires first..

http://game.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=tbd0vgzf0zttfc8
Is the proper calc with even values, ETD is given abit less value as they will need to divert resources to anti Fi/Co as well.
but yeah, its hardly a weekness
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 13:46   #21
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

I just jizzed in my pants

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 14:41   #22
snaga

Ehh ok, so who brought the brainwashingmachine around here? All I can see is people who doesnīt know the game and think stats are just rock paper scissor.

Sthul is right, all of you who donīt think so think again and try hard this time to break that mental barrier of intelligence you have and you will understand.

And for your information iīm not 13 iīm 16 and Iīm good I never loose roids.
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 14:45   #23
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

its easy

1)ter is fruity
2)cath pwns with every fleet (dunno much about de tho)
3)xan cr rocks tho u need to do ghosts as 1 def ship that dont benefit the ally.. xan fr might b fun
4)zik sucks in everything.. might b able to get something out of their cr
5)etd pwns with fi and bs (best fleets this round).. dont know about their fr/de as its not intresting for me
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 18:46   #24
LukeyLove
ND Ninja!
Trampoline Tricks 2 Champion

LukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to beholdLukeyLove is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Why would an Xan attack with only Ghosts? You always need flak when you're hitting something which fires first..

http://game.planetarion.com/bcalc.pl?id=tbd0vgzf0zttfc8
Is the proper calc with even values, ETD is given abit less value as they will need to divert resources to anti Fi/Co as well.
but yeah, its hardly a weekness
Faking their CR fleet, its exactly what i'd do as a xan.. need the ghosts for anti-fico and cant use them for def so it should be pretty standard to see xan ghosts running alone..

RAWR!

~Love Luke, Love Life~
LukeyLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 19:26   #25
Light
You've Seen The Light
Speed Cards Champion

Light has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond reputeLight has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeyLove View Post
Faking their CR fleet, its exactly what i'd do as a xan.. need the ghosts for anti-fico and cant use them for def so it should be pretty standard to see xan ghosts running alone..
not if the calc looks like that they wont
First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Aug 2009, 20:45   #26
Juice
The liquid crusader

Juice is on a distinguished road

Quote:
.... Iīm good I never loose roids.
Have you spent all your time in a C200 gal then?
Unread 29 Aug 2009, 11:00   #27
Darkness
NoS forever

Darkness is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnybgood View Post
this is certainly one of the more surreal threads we've seen on the forums recently.
qft

[NoS] forever
Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2009, 15:17   #28
LordNieminen
Finn.. who's drunk.

LordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of lightLordNieminen is a glorious beacon of light

Your either playing etd BS with avengers in your bpack/ally or u aren't playing this round seriously.

Pretty simple, anything else is just pure newbness.. "balanced stats" once again.

Reason: Check efficiencys and targetting order, and initiaves if you didn't figure it out already.
r9.5: Top60(small playerbase=easy)
Few won R's in PIA, r26 top15 First/Last Pax round.
[OLMIT] / [TreKronor]
10 lines max for signature I heard.. so
LordNieminen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Aug 2009, 21:54   #29
Zaejii
This Space for Rent
Speedy Thief Champion, Turbo Turtle Champion, Cop-For-This Champion

Zaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud ofZaejii has much to be proud of

with as much etd bs / xan cr thats going to be around, i'd like to see how well the few cathaar that will pick the de fleet do. /shrug
Unread 3 Sep 2009, 12:42   #30
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Why would an Xan attack with only Ghosts?
Bc the rest of the xan fr suck balls. Hairy ones at that.