User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 2 Dec 2008, 06:59   #1
WallBiter
The Holy Fool

WallBiter has a spectacular aura aboutWallBiter has a spectacular aura aboutWallBiter has a spectacular aura about
Galaxy Scanner(s)

I've been serching through the old threads and I was wondering what happened to the idea that one (or more) designated galaxy scanners should have access the the galaxy fund for scans?

The idea is similar to the ally scanner designations. It would help out those that are scanners for their gal, yet above the galaxy average.

If already covered, just point me in the right direction : )
WallBiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2008, 07:04   #2
Kenny

Re: Galaxy Scanner(s)

It'd be rare to find a scanner above galaxy average, but that's besides the point - the biggest problem is making sure that the MoD (or GC) is on at the exact moment scans are needed to donate.

This is actually a good idea.

Also: Galaxy tax, same as alliance tax - same concept. If you dont want to pay galaxy tax - turn this off in your preferences.

See - THIS is the kind of simple idea that should be implemented.

New ideas should not be about making existing features take longer and more effort (see: Agents/Guards), but giving the user NEW options, and USEFUL features.

Thanks for bringing this up, WallBiter - hope you dont mind that I expanded a bit.
Unread 2 Dec 2008, 07:54   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There is no need for a scanner for every galaxy. Most people look to their alliance for scans. The scanner problem itself can be solved much more efficiently.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2008, 14:07   #4
Kenny

mz, true there's no need for one in every galaxy - but surely this helps for when a scanner does land ingal? That's not to say one in every gal has to be a scanner, but it's hardly detrimental in ANY WAY WHATSOEVER.

And if PATeam refuse to implement one idea, why is it a bad thing to suggest alternatives?
Unread 2 Dec 2008, 14:44   #5
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

No, this does not help anyone at all. Scanners are in alliances. Alliances have a fund to scan from. It is detrimental in that it's something useless which will take up coding time from useful things, LIKE THE SUGGESTIONS IN THAT OTHER THREAD.

I haven't seen Appoco refuse to implement this, he just hasn't yet.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Dec 2008, 16:25   #6
Kenny

Bah humbug.
Unread 2 Dec 2008, 18:06   #7
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

mz is quite right. this will take up time coding something that is utterly useless.
Also, the galfund can donate millions to a scanner who lands ingal so i dont see the problem with funding the scans. Every time ive been a scanner i have given my galaxy the option to pay me to JGP the gal every night, and it has worked very well.
Before i started #scans though. Now i do them for free
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote