User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk

Unread 3 Nov 2006, 11:10   #1
Thex
Average Thex

Thex will become famous soon enoughThex will become famous soon enough
Didn't get 100XP for defending

I'm probably missing something really obvious.

I was attacked and no one else defended at my planet (aww poor me, etc etc). I left all my ships at home as they were not targetted (some in base fleet, some in fleet 3 - fleets 1 and 2 are out).

Before the attack I had 9,890 XP, after the attack 9,989, so I only gained 99 XP.

Note that I am not bothered about losing 1XP as such - just the fact that the formulae/combat engine might need looking at because XP does go towards score of course.

My alliance is [BIG]ger than yours

[ex LOST], [ex IF], [ex G-II]
Thex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 3 Nov 2006, 11:39   #2
Dr_Zaius

Dr_Zaius has a spectacular aura aboutDr_Zaius has a spectacular aura about
Re: Didn't get 100XP for defending

1 XP was lost I suspect due to being assigned per fleet, as the ratios between the fleets didn't equate to an integer, and as PA rounds all numbers down, 1 XP is "lost"

Dr_Zaius - Planetarion Support Team Member
Dr_Zaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 14:56   #3
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

But fleets 1 and 2 were out, only the base fleet and fleet 3 were defending. So that should be 50 xp to each fleet.

It's a mystery!
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 15:01   #4
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute

This is all because PAteam can not count
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 15:01   #5
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

/me sends 4 Interceptors out on a universal search for Thex's 1 Lost XP.

I am glad.
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 17:48   #6
Travler
Bona Fide Jesus Freak

Travler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to allTravler is a name known to all

I had one ship home in base and all other fleets out and nothing for def XP.
You're not the voice of Christianity di**head.

CT R22-20, [1up] R18-16, TGV R15,
The Illuminati - [NoS] - R14-13
Travler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Nov 2006, 21:59   #7
notsure
[TGV] Wots It

notsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to beholdnotsure is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyChecker
But fleets 1 and 2 were out, only the base fleet and fleet 3 were defending. So that should be 50 xp to each fleet.

It's a mystery!
Except afaik, xp is divided on fleet values, not on the number of fleets - so each fleet wouldn't get 50 xp unless they were of equal value. I.E. 1 fleet might get 50.38% and the other 49.62% -- and since both round down -- that would be 50% & 49% -- or 99% total.