User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 24 Jan 2006, 19:19   #1
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
My Job

I got a letter in my pigeonhole about two weeks ago, informing me that there was going to be an advertisement coming up in a week in the TES.

The advertisement is going to be for my job.

At the moment I teach ICT and Business Studies for 60% of the weekly timetable. For 40% of the time I cover lessons of teachers that are sick, or on courses, or whatever.

In September the position becomes fulltime (100% of the timetable).

I just assumed that they'd automatically offer it to me.

Apparently not.

The TES is the main teachers newspaper (The Times Educational Supplement) so lots of teachers are likely to see it.

I was given prior warning in the form of a letter which I suppose is positive, but I have to reapply for my job.

This involves filling out an application form, doing a covering letter, etc.

It just seems really silly - especially as my references are going to be the people who decide whether I get the job.

It all seems a little bit like a kick in the face, and has been a little depressing for me actually.

* Firstly, I might not get the job when I reapply. I might not even get through to the interview. That'd be so crushing.
* Secondly, I thought I'd just be offered the job and be in control of what happened.
* Thirdly, I'm not sure if I want to remain at this school. I enjoy it most days, but some days are just utter crap and exhausting (I suppose it's the same for most jobs though). The commute is shit too - 1.5 hours each way each day.

The deadline is tomorrow, and I have my application form completely done. My covering letter was done, but then I got my English teacher friend to look at it and she "revamped" (she gave me an F+ for it!) it for me, so I need to redo it.

I'm going to reapply for the job, give it my best shot, and if I don't get it I'll feel shit and worthless until August, when I have to get a new job. Hooray!
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 19:27   #2
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: My Job

They almost certainly will interview you, even if they don't offer you the job. They generally do for internal candidates, just out of politeness. Also, you could just be deliberately shit for however long you're left there.

Good luck anyway.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 19:29   #3
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

good luck, you will find though that as you are local govt. they have to be seen to be advertising jobs - just giving it to an internal candidate can go horribly horribly wrong if they are found out, if you are liked in the school in which you teach you shouldn't have much to fear really.
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 19:40   #4
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

1.5 hours? A lot? I'm so used to commute for 2 hours that I didn't know 1.5 hours is a lot.

I hope they give you an interview and the job.

All I could say now is good luck.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 20:21   #5
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
1.5 hours? A lot? I'm so used to commute for 2 hours that I didn't know 1.5 hours is a lot.
London commuting is messed up. Although at the moment it only takes me 55 minutes, but that's because I'm against the flow of traffic (I go from Zone 2 to Zone 5).

It shouldn't really take longer than 30 minutes to get to work, if you want to remain sane, imo.
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 20:35   #6
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Don't you work in a school in south London?
Those schools are usually shit anyway, apply for a decent school not run by thugs.
_Kila_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 20:39   #7
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
good luck, you will find though that as you are local govt. they have to be seen to be advertising jobs - just giving it to an internal candidate can go horribly horribly wrong if they are found out, if you are liked in the school in which you teach you shouldn't have much to fear really.
Correct.

A lot of companies, and government positions, have a policy that makes them advertise externally for all positions. It's not a snub, it's general policy so that companies cannot be accused of internal favouritism.

I think it's all a load of bollocks, but I think it's a part of this 'openess' stuff that seems to be flying around for teh last twenty years.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 20:50   #8
berzerker
Professional AlcoFrolic

berzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura aboutberzerker has a spectacular aura about

Good luck

When I worked at Norwich Union they decided to 'streamline' the department I worked in. This basically involved advertising every job and hoping that they could get someone more productive into the role from outside the company.
I breezed through it (technical sorta job that you had to have very specific experience to be able do) but some of my colleagues in administrative roles were replaced.

Smile, there's always a MacDonalds if the worst comes to the worst :eek:
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 20:54   #9
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

About 10 years ago my mum missed out on a high profile promotion because she had been a the company for 10 years. Even though she was doing the job which she was applying for they gave it to someone else, fresh blood etc. Anyway he ****ed it up and they offered her the job after the 6 months. In general though your new to the school anyway, young, and if they get the same coming in for the interview you will stand out more purely because they know you. Also kids dont like new teaches coming in and out, i prefered familiarity at my school makes it alot easier, maybe stress the point.
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 20:58   #10
Marv
Jazz Man

Marv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the roughMarv is a jewel in the rough

The have to offer the job out to the public by law.

Ex ROCK HC & PA Team Head of Support.
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jan 2006, 22:33   #11
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
I think it's all a load of bollocks, but I think it's a part of this 'openess' stuff that seems to be flying around for teh last twenty years.
You make it sound as if 20 years isn't very much.

lol!
Unread 25 Jan 2006, 00:15   #12
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

There is no way I would commute 1.5 hours to work. NO WAY.
30 mins I would be ok with but 1 hour max (in bad traffic or something)

I currently live 15 mins away from work.

If you'd taken the room in my flat you'd be about 30 mins away from Purley station (if that is where you work...)

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2006, 00:25   #13
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

i commute about 55 minsto uni everyday, but on way back can take 1 and half hours -2 hours its just a killer

Last edited by Alki; 25 Jan 2006 at 11:58.
Alki is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2006, 00:31   #14
pig
1up on you

pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pig has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

well thats just stupid isnt it alki, i commute a 5 minute walk to the centre of campus everyday, plus i dont kill the environment, nor waste money on transport!

Unread 25 Jan 2006, 00:34   #15
Tomkat

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste
If you'd taken the room in my flat you'd be about 30 mins away from Purley station (if that is where you work...)
Yeah but Ste... you live in Croydon
Unread 25 Jan 2006, 00:38   #16
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I commute 1 1/2 hours to guildford every day.

And if there's one thing that is true, it tires teh living **** out of you.
Unread 25 Jan 2006, 00:44   #17
Ste
Bored

Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Ste has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Yeah but Ste... you live in Croydon
it's not that bad...
You can have a decent night out in Croydon.
Lots of pubs and shops etc.
15 mins from central London...

If you lived in another part of it then yeh, it's shit. But this part isn't bad at all.

yeh so Plastic Brilliance is now known as FOXYSTOAT - Come on by and check it out!
Ste is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 25 Jan 2006, 11:58   #18
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
well thats just stupid isnt it alki, i commute a 5 minute walk to the centre of campus everyday, plus i dont kill the environment, nor waste money on transport!

no but you waste money on accomodation and food which i dont
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 13:53   #19
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
London commuting is messed up. Although at the moment it only takes me 55 minutes, but that's because I'm against the flow of traffic (I go from Zone 2 to Zone 5).

It shouldn't really take longer than 30 minutes to get to work, if you want to remain sane, imo.
That is true. But what should take me 10 mins (by taxi) to go to work takes me 30-45mins simply because of the current traffic combined with roadworks and the infrequency of buses, delays/cancellations of trains, etc.

Even today, I left my house at 10am and I expected to be at uni by 11:30 the most and what happens? I stroll in to my university at 12:15 missing yet another lecture thanks to cancellations on South Eastern Trains.
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 14:06   #20
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i could walk to work in an hour and a half

\o/ for the north east
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 14:23   #21
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I found luton is one of the worst places to get too. The M1 clogs up all the way around it. Leaving a mere 10/15minutes late could lead to an extra hour sitting in heavy traffic at 7/8am
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 14:25   #22
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blastoderm
That is true. But what should take me 10 mins (by taxi) to go to work takes me 30-45mins simply because of the current traffic combined with roadworks and the infrequency of buses, delays/cancellations of trains, etc.
Will the proposed extension of transport in Hackney / East London help you at all?
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 14:29   #23
pig
1up on you

In Birmingham its a 15 minute bus ride for me to the centre of the city from my dads house and a 30 min train from my mums house, both have services running every 15 minutes and pretty much always work. I know Birmingham is smaller than London, but still it works in Birmingham (although sometimes my bus gets stuck in traffic right in the city centre by the big sorting office thingy) other than that shit runs fine. If im feeling flush ill catch a cab for about £4 and be in the centre in 5 minutes through the back roads. GOD I LOVE BIRMINGHAM!
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 14:55   #24
Tomkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pig
In Birmingham its a 15 minute bus ride for me to the centre of the city from my dads house and a 30 min train from my mums house, both have services running every 15 minutes and pretty much always work.
Birmingham is smaller, of course it'll take less time to travel from the outside into the middle .

My buses run every 10 minutes, it's just I'm effectively going from the "centre" of London (Zone 2) to right on the outskirts (Zone 6). Similar to Dante.

Birmingham is nowhere near as exciting, diverse or interesting as London - accept it and move here when you graduate!
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 14:57   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

It takes me nearly 10 minutes to walk into town.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 15:01   #26
Blastoderm
________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Will the proposed extension of transport in Hackney / East London help you at all?
It will help considerably (the closest station to my house will be the new Hoxton station and that's 5 mins away). At least I'll be able to get to New Cross without having to walk to the bus stop (10 mins) and wait for a bus (depends on the time of the day).

The only problem with the East London Line Extention is that they keep delaying it (won't be done until 2010/11 apparently). Also it won't take me to Central London (Central line is the one).
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 15:05   #27
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
i could walk to work in an hour and a half

\o/ for the north east
It takes me two hours and fifty minutes to walk home from the pub. Longer when I'm not drunk for some bizzare reason.
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 15:25   #28
pig
1up on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
Birmingham is smaller, of course it'll take less time to travel from the outside into the middle .

My buses run every 10 minutes, it's just I'm effectively going from the "centre" of London (Zone 2) to right on the outskirts (Zone 6). Similar to Dante.

Birmingham is nowhere near as exciting, diverse or interesting as London - accept it and move here when you graduate!
lies birmingham>london but knowing me i might end down in london ;/
Unread 26 Jan 2006, 18:26   #29
Boogster
I dunno...

Boogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud ofBoogster has much to be proud of

Hope everything turns out all right, TK.
Boogster is offline   Reply With Quote