User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 4 Jun 2005, 00:49   #1
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend
Converting wma to wav/mp3

Do you know of any free tools to do this in either windows or linux?
I know iTunes converts wma to acc, but I don't want it in acc format.
Cheer, Weeks.
Weeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 03:52   #2
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Re: Converting wma to wav/mp3

dbpoweramp (windows)

I cant remember if it does it 'natively' or if you need the wma plugin for it ( also free )
Unread 4 Jun 2005, 10:56   #3
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Converting wma to wav/mp3

I'd have said "dbPowerAmp Music Converter" as well.

Or, you could try the Winamp Disk-Writer-Plugin (preferences, plugins, output). As Winamp can load WMA (input plugin), that should do the trick.
Both plugins are usually installed with winamp already...
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 00:22   #4
Thermodynamics
Powering your life...

Thermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to beholdThermodynamics is a splendid one to behold

Creative MediaSource. Available for free off the creative website, if you can't find it, PM me and i'll emaail you an .exe of it. Can set format, bit rate etc. very good for that. any problems finding music etc, PM me.
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 18:07   #5
Weeks
Banned

Weeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriendWeeks needs a job and a girlfriend

Cheers Thermo, but that dbpoweramp is doing the job really well.
Unread 5 Jun 2005, 18:33   #6
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

mplayer -ao pcm:file=moo.wav moo.wma
lame moo.wav moo.mp3

Though I guess dbpoweramp fills in id3 and whatnot .
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 19:56   #7
Weeks
Banned

dbpoweramp is not free by the way

I need to get slackware linux installed to use mplayer.
(i'm not sure you can do command line goodness in windows)
It seems to support wma and aac files as well.
imusicbrains can probably sort me out with the id3 tags.

Thankyou queball
Unread 11 Jun 2005, 20:25   #8
Phil^
Insomniac

Phil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldPhil^ spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

it was when i got it :eek:
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/dmc.htm for the actual converter
http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central.htm for the addons for it

"100% Free (mp3 encoder on trial license), No nags, popups, hidden spyware or bundleware."

Though ive never seen anything from the mp3 encoder which says its a trial or anything - it 'just works'
though there are other mp3 codecs on the codec part of the site if the new version does.
Unread 14 Jun 2005, 12:34   #9
Weeks
Banned

It worked fine for a while.

Then one day when I opened it, it asked me to register (for a fee). Eventually I managed to get into the application to tell it what I wanted to convert. It started doing that, but mid-convertion, it poped up with a 'register' window. When I said I wasn't going to register, it stopped the conversion. This could have been due to the file formats I was using, I don't know.

Anyway mplayer and slackware fit the bill now. Linux may even rip my DVDs for me without the hassel i've encountered in windows.
Unread 14 Jun 2005, 15:34   #10
Phil^
Insomniac

dvdshrink in windows ftw