User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 22 Feb 2005, 20:38   #1
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
DivX, SVCD and the lot.

All the DVD's that I backed up to DivX and the like on my PC have gone, so I only have the files left, in comination with the srt subtitles.

Now what I want is to burn SVCD's since I do not have a DVD burner, however I want to burn the subtitles into them.

How do I do this?
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 20:42   #2
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: DivX, SVCD and the lot.

you're an asset to the forum.
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 20:50   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

I did this once...
I forgot how...
Doing the SVCD thingy was as simple as dragging the divx into NERO after selecting the SVCD option.
The subs is a different story.
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 20:52   #4
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

i know, it's the subs that bother me, i know how to make svcd's
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 21:33   #5
Flayer
Wankoverable

Flayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of lightFlayer is a glorious beacon of light

www.vcdhelp.com
thread over people
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 21:47   #6
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

I still have no clue, i jsut want to input an avi file, an SRT file and it outputs another avi file or directly creates an ISO
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 22:21   #7
Another Slayer
Jungle King

Another Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant futureAnother Slayer has a brilliant future

have you considered buying yourself a divx player?.

i got one for Christmas and have been quite happy with it.

ive seen them in second hand shops for like £40 or somthing
Unread 22 Feb 2005, 22:29   #8
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

it's for a girl i am going to see coming thursday, i wanna bring some movies, but subtitles have to be included
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 09:41   #9
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

fs he's copying my DVD's.

KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 10:16   #10
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

no not yours, i have ladder 49 etc etc 'backed up' on my pc (or well on the network) and I want to burn an SVCD of it.
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 14:44   #11
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: DivX, SVCD and the lot.

My advice without further looking up:
Use AVISynth. Create an AVS-script, that loads the original avi-movie file, and by some sort of plugin renders the subtitles to the movie.
Then you can open this AVS files in Nero or TMPGenc (<-- my choice!) just as if they were avis.

So you need to get yourself AVISynth and google for an "SRT plugin" or "Avisynth SRT reader plugin" or something.
Might as well look for "SRT2AVI", what do I know? Be creative and you'll find out. Websites like vcdhelp or www.doom9.org and all the lot will defenitely help you.
or www.digital-digest.com
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 15:04   #12
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Theamion
it's for a girl i am going to see coming thursday, i wanna bring some movies, but subtitles have to be included
Theams GF is so stupid, she can't watch English movies without subs.
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 16:43   #13
Super
Sub

Super is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the roughSuper is a jewel in the rough

This is not a good idea. Lossy > Lossy = bad
Super is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Feb 2005, 17:16   #14
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: DivX, SVCD and the lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super
This is not a good idea. Lossy > Lossy = bad
Well, as long as you keep the bitrate...
Not perfect, but with high (i.e slow) enough encoding settings it shouldn't be a big problem.

Also the only way to play a movie on your DVD player, if DivX isn't supportet and you don't want to write DVDs...
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 11:35   #15
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of

Dude

DVD burners are cheap so get one i.s.o. bringing your money to the coffeeshop
Unread 24 Feb 2005, 11:48   #16
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Structural Integrity
Theams GF is so stupid, she can't watch English movies without subs.

don't diss koen's sis like that