User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Dec 2004, 05:39   #1
Jurgen
The Ğragon

Jurgen can only hope to improve
Heya

Noticed I still had my account here etc.

Anyways..
How is planetarion doing would it be worth returning?
pl4n3t14 is getting a bit boring now that whinestry is gone.. weren't they be supposed to play here?
Can't find them in alliancetagging (pilkara) what happened to them?

Also thx to you top 3 gals I know who u r and u make me proud.
Sum1 hook me up..
The Forsakenlands - The Ğragon
Together we stand divided we fall.
--
Used to be a Wolf - When you once see a Wolf you are already surrounded.
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 05:42   #2
Jurgen
The Ğragon

Jurgen can only hope to improve
Re: Heya

hum... just wanted to make clear no decision of returning is done yet just planns in my very own lil head.

Would like to know what is the best tickbased game to play.
The Forsakenlands - The Ğragon
Together we stand divided we fall.
--
Used to be a Wolf - When you once see a Wolf you are already surrounded.
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 05:43   #3
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

It's vastly more interesting than PIA, at least for now. It's been refined enough since r10 that it's enjoyable (fleet tactics were silly, heh) despite the stats team dropping the ball this round *cough*.

Alliance-wise, it's been fairly interesting this round and last, with everyone "playing solo", for the most part.

Whinestry will apparently be playing next round, which is probably why you can't find them on pilkara.

(Dragons are still dirty btw!)

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 09:20   #4
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

PA > P&a

You will hear some tell you the contrary, complaining about anything that comes to their minds, but ask them and youll know the most still play PA, why if P&a is so much better??
New and revamped game, new system that gives a different feeling from old PA, some good old faces, some good new faces, noobs leave the planets but better exile/delecting system. You dont stay awake for 2 days doidn res/con to have the rns reseted, better and friendly ingame skin, forums is not full of cr@p and flaming, strong community, etc.
I believe is worth a try. And i believe you should. After all, yours is the best oppinion you can get.

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 11:40   #5
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

PA is definately better than pia these days. Some of the changes made for PaX is pretty crap, but alot of them are also very good, and some of them has potentional to be good. The community and admins over here is alot better, the politics are going quite nice these days and if they make the stats work next round, I'm sure it will be even better.

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 11:48   #6
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

just to say a few things that may be useful to everyone - current players shoudl know abotu the all new gal system for next round - this has been tested lots now and appears to work very well - ofc there will be tests in betas as well. We ahev also revamped the alliance system in a few ways, most notably it will be possible for alliances to send and receive pa mails which is something they have been asking for. There are lots of other things left for us to do, but we are allready starting to think about the future beyond round 13 and things are looking good in the long term.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 11:57   #7
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

The last round I played before this one was round 9.5. I quit because it was one of the most trite, tedious piles of shite I ever had the misfortune of playing (plus some other drama).

This round is the first round of PAX I've played and I have to say I quite enjoy it. Almost every change has been for the better, and those that haven't are mostly good because the change is refreshing. That said, there are still a bunch of stupid bugs and 'features'. But it wouldn't really be PA without them, would it?

As for the alliance situation, things are looking up at the moment.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 12:37   #8
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

PA is better then it has been since round 4 imo, minus a few thousand planets ofcourse.
Honestly.
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 13:16   #9
Legator
Pr0nstar

Legator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to beholdLegator is a splendid one to behold

pa is indeed very enjoyable - just more planets are needed.
Honoured to have been [1up] Member

VfL Bochum >*
Legator is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 14:08   #10
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

I think a good deal of the 'number of planets' problem has been fixed by making roids easier to cap and combat only last 1 tick.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 14:28   #11
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

PA >>>>>>> PIA

Always has, always will.
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 15:02   #12
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

PA is far better. Your first round will be great, but after a bit you will find that most people who you attack are your friends, and always ask you to recall. No ingame ofc, they will know its you and PM you on irc. With the dwindled memberbase, PAX style play doesn't get the props it deserves.

Yes, I know you played before. Your first round PAX style with tiny planetbase is what i am reffering to. *edited to add this troll blocker.* Thanks
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 18:57   #13
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

I think he finished top 10 in r10 iirc
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 19:28   #14
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen

Also thx to you top 3 gals I know who u r and u make me proud.
I like the way it says 'Dragonlands W..O..N' reading down from cluster rankings, and 'Dragonloands O..W..N' reading down from gal rank.
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 20:00   #15
genosse27
Hamburger

genosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the roughgenosse27 is a jewel in the rough

the opinion about pa are a bit biased here tho. Of course peps who post here will think pa is better than pia.
But u can see in pia that it is slowly growing up, in some rounds it will prolly look the same like pa, ingame alliance, proper stats and no pds.

Anyway if u will bring Dragons lame "we block whole universe"-tactics here, plz stay away!! tho i doubt any alliance will do so.
Else you are welcome
Unread 7 Dec 2004, 23:24   #16
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Bashing Dragons was always funny.
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 02:58   #17
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurgen
Would like to know what is the best tickbased game to play.
PA is and have always been the best tickbased game.

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Dec 2004, 03:00   #18
Chef!
Domestic Diva

Chef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to beholdChef! is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
couldnt agree more... ive tried a few others and they just dont have the same... something... its got to be the community... or something

<rext> chef recall your fleet m8 they going to fc u
<Chef> recall my fleet?
<Chef> ive not logged in for two days

Its Only Nasty, When Its Not True.
Chef! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Dec 2004, 23:38   #19
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

tbh, as a player of both p|a and pa, i have to say pa is far more enjoyable, maybe because it was the first tick based game i played, but i have to say p|a was enjoyable for the sheer fact that activity was far more needed in it, than pa, but now with alot of players moving from p|a to pa things can only get better. shud be a good un
Unread 10 Dec 2004, 00:06   #20
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

bring back Dragons!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2004, 20:01   #21
OlaTa
Friends and Foes

OlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to beholdOlaTa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzureWrath
bring back Dragons!

i actually agree with that.
So Jurgen, bring it back
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 02:38   #22
Stals
Retired

Stals is an unknown quantity at this point

yeh, I agree too
R5 Legion member
R6 Legion BC
R7 Legion BC
WC2 TiG's Terriffic Tribe (winner galaxy!)
R8 Plush member
R9 ToT/LCH BC
R9.5 LDK Scanner
R10 Ğragons BC
R10.5 Didn't play
R11 1uP (winner galaxy!)
R12 1uP MO (winner galaxy!)
R13 Not playing
Stals is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 02:41   #23
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

ill call that as well. with dragons AND ministry there would be a lot of quality players back and also some good pia players maybe taking pa up
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 09:24   #24
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

yeh id have to agree even though ive fought against u every round in p|a, but wud be very 1337 to have to fight u in pa aswell. spice things up
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 10:49   #25
Zo0f
Sir peon to you

Zo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of lightZo0f is a glorious beacon of light

Never, then i would be tempted to play PA again. Which would suck! So, in the interest of my reallife, please dont Jurgen

}{ Ğ

"The only easy day was yesterday."
Zo0f is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 11:28   #26
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

you owe me an account Zo0f
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 13:10   #27
Henck
Howling Rain

Henck is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zo0f
Never, then i would be tempted to play PA again. Which would suck! So, in the interest of my reallife, please dont Jurgen

}{ Ğ
who says you can leave us
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 14:41   #28
Jonas
Most unimportant guy...

Jonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond reputeJonas has a reputation beyond repute

A Dragon met a wolf on the road to nowhere. The wolf tried to eat the dragon as it was very hungry. The dragon fried the wolf and had a nice meal.

(I love HR btw)

Retired
Jonas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 16:37   #29
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point

you on acid jonas?
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2004, 16:52   #30
Tesla
Custom User Title

Tesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to allTesla is a name known to all

First of all.. Lets ask which game is best on planetarion forums now shall we ? Cuz obviously the people here aren't biased !

Having said that.. Ministry will be here next round Jurgen...
Oh and stop stalking me you big Finnish fag :xmas:
Unread 16 Dec 2004, 11:22   #31
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonas
seconded...

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Dec 2004, 16:42   #32
zmeu
Diablo

zmeu has a little shameless behaviour in the past