User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 May 2004, 20:17   #1
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Why am I not content?

I'm lying on my bed.

I have three computers surrounding me, with 3mb internet connection and Dolby surround sound.

I have an xBox.

I have Sky Digital with EVERY channel (bar those £10 per month ones like NASN and Playboy).

I have a 28" inch widescreen TV.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

I've nothing I need to do this evening so the night is my own.

I'm lying on my bed and quite comfortable, with wireless desktop and sky/stereo/tv remotes.

I have a bottle of Pepsi and some ice cream.

I should be content and happy, yet something is missing.

What is it?
skiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 20:18   #2
skiddy
wild one

skiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so littleskiddy contributes so much and asks for so little
Re: Why am I not ocntent?

PS - yes I'm lonely and want some companionship, but it's not that either.

Nor is it you Mr Manson.
Unread 14 May 2004, 20:19   #3
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Going with the obvious one here but "someone to share all that stuff with"?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 20:20   #4
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Why am I not content?

A cause.
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 20:21   #5
skiddy
wild one

I guess you're both right on that.

I need to find someone to share things with.
Unread 14 May 2004, 20:21   #6
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I know how you feel.
Well not quite as many things but add a car outside!!
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 20:24   #7
skiddy
wild one

Well, in response to that one, I also have a two litre turbo diesel Vauxhall Vectra outside.
Unread 14 May 2004, 20:25   #8
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

everyone gets that feeling sometimes.

sounds like the midweek blues to me but i guess not.

just do something to occupy your mind... start playing GO! \o/
Unread 14 May 2004, 20:26   #9
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

When I saw Deepflow had posted in this thread, I was almost certain he had posted "You need drugs" or similar.

I hate being wrong.
Unread 14 May 2004, 20:26   #10
skiddy
wild one

See Deepflow, I know what you mean there, but I've been having this one feeling for years.

I've got everything I want but ultimately I have nothing

It's like a whole chunk of me is missing and I'm searching for it, but I know I'll never find it here. I just don't know where I should look.
Unread 14 May 2004, 20:34   #11
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddy
I've been having this one feeling for months.

I've got everything (within reason) I want but ultimately I have nothing

It's like a whole chunk of me is missing and I'm searching for it, but I know I'll never find it here. I just don't know where I should look.
Unread 14 May 2004, 20:35   #12
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
1. Biology?
Speculatively, you could say that human's are happier when they are searching for something. You wouldn't be "depressed" per se if you were hungry. You'd be hungry, and the thought of getting food acts as something to look forward to. After you've eaten, you've not got that.

Once you scale that up, and realise you have "everything" that you need (shelter, food, etc) life becomes a bit discomforting. You can lose yourself in mindless consumerism (Oh, I need to have 10gb of RAM!), but that's rarely satisfying in the long term.

We're a richer society than we've ever been, yet people are still killing themselves (in quite high numbers, apparently). Why? Which leads onto...

2. Alienation from Society
You're alienated from other human beings. I don't just mean you need a "relationship" in which to lose/forget you worries. I'm talking a rich interconnecting web of links with humans on every level. Modern society has destroyed traditional living patterns (for better & worse) to the point where a lot of people are lonely, afraid and ultimately insecure. We can surround ourselves with electrical appliances, but it doesn't necessarily help.

3. Alienation from your Species-Character
You, as a human being, are a creator, an artist, a seeker, a poet, a philosopher. If you're not using your species-character (your facility for creation) life can become worthless. I don't mean start writing pretentious goth poetry, but perhaps a cause of some kind (as I mentioned) in which to apply yourself. Could be social, political or personal. Something which expresses you as a person.

There's three possibilities. Pick what you want. There's plenty more out there.
Unread 14 May 2004, 20:36   #13
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Stew
stuff

You still have me.

*Hugs*

Or commiserations depending on how you look at it
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 20:40   #14
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
You still have me.
*Hugs*
Unread 14 May 2004, 20:40   #15
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deepflow has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

i prefer anomie to alienation. marx sucks
Unread 14 May 2004, 20:42   #16
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
i prefer anomie to alienation.
It's the same sort of thing dude. I've no problem with anomie.
Quote:
marx sucks
He could beat you up in a fight.
Unread 14 May 2004, 20:46   #17
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Something which expresses you as a person.
But I have no idea what would express me as a person.

I can't write stories very well. I can't paint or draw. I'm in no way musically talented.

The only thing I'm good at is computers and roleplaying (as in the Dungeons and Dragons style, not dressing up as a nurse.)

Neither of which I'm at all interested in.
Unread 14 May 2004, 20:49   #18
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Who cares if you're good?
Unread 14 May 2004, 20:50   #19
skiddy
wild one

Other people will see it and think its a reflection of me.

Not literally.
Unread 14 May 2004, 21:03   #20
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation Re: Why am I not content?

You just need a couple of children:

You won't be able to lay on your bed because your daughter will have converted it into a classroom for her entire stuffed animal collection.

Your son will be camped on your best computer, consuming 99.44% of your internet bandwidth. The second computer will have a busted optical drive, probably caused by a toy--but nobody's talking.

The xBox will be broken. Again. Your children will deny any knowledge/responsibility.

Forget about the TV and channels--your daughter, having tired of Stuffed Animal Classroom, will be watching All Dogs Go to Heaven 2.

The Pepsi and ice cream will all be gone.

The Missus is off to her Tae Kwan Doh class so you will have nothing to do except feed the kids. Be warned, however, that they will eat nothing that you prefer to eat nor will they eat the same thing. You can choose not feed them, of course; but then they will turn on each other and--eventually--you.

Ah, the wild hedonism of a Friday night!
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 21:05   #21
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Heh, that made me chuckle some. I was unaware you were the funny type =(
Unread 14 May 2004, 21:05   #22
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

what have you achieved or produced in the last 2 months? Have you improved yourself over the last year? Are you more intelligent than you were at the time 12 months ago? Are you moving forwards or stagnating?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 21:05   #23
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
It's the same sort of thing dude. I've no problem with anomie. He could beat you up in a fight.
sort of thing yeah...

thats why it was such a weird thing to say...

and marx punches like a girl
Unread 14 May 2004, 21:30   #24
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Get NASN, i've been meaning to once i have a job, it looks great.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 21:32   #25
Stew
Made of Twigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Embroglio
Get NASN, i've been meaning to once i have a job, it looks great.
North American Sports Network?
Unread 14 May 2004, 21:39   #26
Kurashima
Has Soup On His Head

Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Kurashima has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarak
Going with the obvious one here but "someone to share all that stuff with"?
In his zeal to discover the Snark
Kurashima is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 22:05   #27
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactitus
stuff

ok no kids for me.

i feel the same kinda. i'm at uni but i don't feel i have a place. i've got a millions of things so my materialism is satisfied but i don't seem to have any definitive goals except a bunch of wayward dreams that most likely will be be realised because i don't think they can be and so don't strive and motivate myself towards seeking them.

oh the woes ://
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 22:07   #28
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

cant you just stop worrying about the future and concentrate on enjoying life?
Unread 14 May 2004, 22:09   #29
Stew
Made of Twigs

is anyone on GD content?! and do u have a partner? I bet there's a rather positive correlation!
Unread 14 May 2004, 22:14   #30
KaneED
Motherfracker

KaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond reputeKaneED has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepflow
cant you just stop worrying about the future and concentrate on enjoying life?

well, i do enjoy life in the sense that i'm no depressed or unhappy with my circumstances, but i think we all have the need to devote ourselves to some greater ambition in the eventual hope that we'll be fulfilled in some sense.

you've got your drugs, your dream is to be permanently stoned like ozzy osbourne, so you seem to be doing quite well to that end, but not everyone has that kind of success
KaneED is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 22:36   #31
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

dont assume to know me.

to be honest, if i have a philosophy, its to enjoy life as much as possible. I see drugs as a good way of doing this. But other things as well y'know.
Unread 14 May 2004, 23:02   #32
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodrog
what have you achieved or produced in the last 2 months? Have you improved yourself over the last year? Are you more intelligent than you were at the time 12 months ago? Are you moving forwards or stagnating?
I've acheived very little that I am actually proud of in the past two months. To be honest, I've acheived little that deserves anything close to recognition for the past twelve months, although yes I believe I am more intelligent than I was this time a year ago. However, that's all in the realms of computers.

Admittedly I'm a hell of a better shot now than I was twelve months ago, but that's hardly useful in everyday life.

I'd say that in some area's I'm moving forwards and in some area's I'm staying perfectly still despite the mental effort I'm putting into these area's.

The area's moving forwards - promotion in the TA and my alcohol tolerance level.
The area's staying still - social interaction, career, esentially everything else.

On one note, I do have a much better (near perfect, but settling at great) relationship with my parents whom I moved back with about nine month ago.

I still long for companionship though and something else bigger which I can't put my finger on.
Unread 14 May 2004, 23:19   #33
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I think your soul is yearning for me.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 23:21   #34
Evergreen
the merciless

Evergreen is infamous around these partsEvergreen is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew
is anyone on GD content?! and do u have a partner? I bet there's a rather positive correlation!
I'm content and yes I have a partner.

<Jassy> aryn, how can u let ppl spread shit in this chan? ur not doing ur job properly if u let ppl spread shit
<Jassy> in real life sunday would be in court
<Jassy> i can get him glined
<Jassy> #feds are here to stamp out abuse

<mist|zZz> we don't do channel politics, /ignore is your friend
Evergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 23:25   #35
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I'm content and I have beer, ice cream, and an Alan Bullock paperback.

I think your problem, Stu, is that you have too much. You can't appreciate anything.
Unread 14 May 2004, 23:27   #36
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

There are no reasons behind your feelings, they just are. If only all those poets had understood this simple fact we could have saved a lot of time.
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 23:28   #37
skiddy
wild one

So if they are without reason then they are without resolve.

How do I make them go away
Unread 14 May 2004, 23:45   #38
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Just get drunk, and go to bed.* You won't even remember this in the morning, and you'll have an energetic and enjoyable Saturday. And if you do start feeling like this again, then you'll always have drugs.

*(With me.)
Unread 14 May 2004, 23:48   #39
queball
Ball

queball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so littlequeball contributes so much and asks for so little

Yeah, seriously - you say you want "companionship" and "something else bigger" you "can't put your finger on", you're feeling empty, want fullness, you need a nice big cock. (I'm a doctor btw)
queball is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 May 2004, 23:55   #40
skiddy
wild one

Quote:
Originally Posted by queball
Yeah, seriously - you say you want "companionship" and "something else bigger" you "can't put your finger on", you're feeling empty, want fullness, you need a nice big cock. (I'm a doctor btw)

Unhelpful.

I am not sleeping with Andrew. Period.
Unread 14 May 2004, 23:58   #41
Marilyn Manson
Gone

I am willing to take part in your 'treatment', if Dr queball decrees that it will be helpful.
Unread 15 May 2004, 00:06   #42
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
What is it?

You're not fiddling enough kiddies?!
Unread 15 May 2004, 00:06   #43
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Seriously, though, I don't think any of us can solve your problem, because we don't know enough about your personal feelings and emotional predicament to comment.
Unread 15 May 2004, 00:21   #44
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Manson
Seriously, though, I don't think any of us can solve your problem, because we don't know enough about your personal feelings and emotional predicament to comment.
That's never stopped us before!
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 00:26   #45
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Well, I feel that this is fundamentally a problem of feeling which can't really be logically assesed by another person.
Unread 15 May 2004, 00:44   #46
Blastoderm
________

Blastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldBlastoderm spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Skiddy, maybe your clinically depressed. Apparantly guys don't admit that sort of stuff. So I suggest a change in lifestyle.
finding strength to call and ask her
Roller coaster favorite ride,
let me kiss you one last time.
Blastoderm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 00:55   #47
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

I think Dante is right on this one, for once. (Bloody commies are almost never right, and it pains my black hearth to admit it )

Find a hobby! And you don't need to be good at a thing to do it. You get good after a while. Sure, there are morons, idiots and lucky bastards that can pick up a brush and make a masterpiece, but for the most part, it's just hard work. I've had feelings that's kinda alike to the ones you are describing, and I picked up some things that were right for me, but those things I sucked at. I've trained, and trained, and trained some more, and I've become quite good at those things. Try different things, to see what you like! If youre one of those creative adrenalin-junkies, streetart or graffiti might be the thing for you. Do you have a great rage against society? No problem, get a black hoodie and go to the next black block demo! Maybe the local sewing club is something for you, or golf? Aquire some different painting things, and paint/draw whatever you like. Get a guitar and start jamming. Maybe try to get some new friends (Without dumping the old ones, of course. New friends and people can be a great motivatio!)? If youre a bad cook, go to a lesson. And so on, if you just use your "life force" (Karma, hippy lol) for something that you enjoy, life jumps a great deal up.

Of course, I blame society for much of todays "depressive" wave among youngsters. But, if that's the thing with you, I have no qualification to say, beacause I don't know about your life or lifestyle, and I'm not really a doctor or anything like Q.

But hey, I'm constantly depressed* and still manage to have fun!

*I hate life, not beacause of life but beacause of this world
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 May 2004, 01:11   #48
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Go out and meet people.
The one thing noticeably lacking from your first post is any mention of friends or colleagues or any other people on your life at all, and you've admitted later on that maybe you do want someone to share your snazzy consumer goods with (damn you for having the money, damn you...!).

If there's one thing i've learnt at uni it's never ever turn anyone down for anything. So hey, you might not particularly want to go to a pub/bar/club/cinema/american-pool-hall/bowling with the person concerened but so long as they're bringing some mates along you get to meet them and what the hell, you never know.
I met one of my closest friends here that way. For gods sake, i'm on a computer science course and it was a course social - on the face of it, hows THAT for an evening no-one in their right mind would go to?
It turned out ok though, the seriously geeky lot stayed home (bar?! alcohol?! socialise?!), I talked to this random girl about how stereotypical it was that out of the 15 or so CS people who'd dared show up at the bar none of them seemed to be able to work out what to do about having a female near them (she's like 1 of 4 girls on a course with 100 people), and she's now a great friend.
I've met plenty of other mates the same way, so get out and introduce yourself damnit!

Unread 15 May 2004, 03:39   #49
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I feel like that on Wednesdays and Sundays.
Unread 15 May 2004, 05:35   #50
Deepflow
Next goal wins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
I feel like that on Wednesdays and Sundays.
me too actually. weird that innit?