User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Administration > Planetarion Help Desk

Unread 1 Oct 2006, 09:09   #1
Sajuuk

Sajuuk is an unknown quantity at this point
My proxy at work

I read that the use of proxies was evidence of cheating. I will be checking my account often from work which has a proxy. How can i do this with out breaking the EUAL?

thank you.
Sajuuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 10:10   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: My proxy at work

I'm not exactly sure of the policy that Multihunters use regarding the use of proxies. I'll go poke some and get them to post here.

Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 10:19   #3
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Well, im not a MH anymore, but i think it would be sufficient for you to join IRC and join the channel #multihunters. You can do this via downloading mirc, or using the com unit option ingame (within PA) There youll find people opped or voiced. Pm one of them your details, user ids, coords etc and they will log it for you.

As long as you let them know it will be fine.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 10:32   #4
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

I think by proxy he means in essence that everyone logging on form where he works will appear to to come from the same IP that will probabaly point to something.companyname.com - I'd have the same issue if it wasn;t for the fact pa is blocked where i work.

a number of isp do similar things e.g. AOL - as long as yourcompany is well known it wouldn;t be a problem - its not like we close everyone who uses AOL But for your own safety if you tell the mh team, it removes any chance that a mistake is made as Assassin says.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 2006, 16:22   #5
Fiery
PA Team

Fiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud ofFiery has much to be proud of

Sajuuk,
If you use a proxy a majority of the time it can look like cheating and we monitor for that. There are other things we look at, too, such as the login times and what your planet does on proxy logins to see if someone else is perhaps logging into your account to check your planet or to launch ships.
Fiery is offline   Reply With Quote