User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion

Unread 29 Mar 2005, 21:19   #1
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
A "quick and easy" DivX/XVid -> DVD program

I have a mate who's not exactly up to the minute with the workings of computers, but he has a fair few DivXs he wants to convert to DVD. The only program I knew of (admittedly I'm hardly the expert) was Adobe Encore DVD but it complained about them not being the correct resolution or something.

There must be a program out there that will do the necessary conversion (loss of some quality is acceptable) and then burn them to DVD - or at the very least create an ISO/folder structure ready to be burnt to DVD... right?

Any suggestions welcome.
Unread 29 Mar 2005, 22:16   #2
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts
Re: A "quick and easy" DivX/XVid -> DVD program

google says: http://www.videohelp.com/forum/userguides/220351.php for a quick guide
and for the actaul program http://www.dvd2dvd.org/

btw, first time I ever checked DVD to DivX/XviD or the other way around really

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Mar 2005, 23:28   #3
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ta, my google skills seem to have gone rusty... clearly I wasn't searching for the right thing.
Unread 30 Mar 2005, 00:55   #4
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: A "quick and easy" DivX/XVid -> DVD program

TMPGenc! Automatic wizard etc, best quality. Everything nice. Creates DVD-PAL-MPEG2 files from anything really, that you can then burn on DVD usin Nero or whatever.....

Working version here.

Although I haven't really tried the whole process from start to end, I'm pretty sure it'll work, also is TMPGenc a really nice tool (always using it for DivX->SVCD, then Nero)
Unread 30 Mar 2005, 13:59   #5
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute

I've done the conversion plenty of times. Use TMPGEnc to convert it to a MPEG2 file (can use wizard, but I just use the templates that come with it). TMPGEnc doesn't like MP3 audio, which a lot of DivX's use, so you'll need to extract it as a wav using another program. I've found Winamp with the diskwriter plugin to work quite well for this purpose, rip the wav to a stereo 48bit format as that's what DVD's use.

Next you need a program to create the VOBs etc, I've found DVDLab to work well for this purpose, you can import the video / audio files and even create a custom menu if you like then the program will multiplex (combine the audio / video back together) and create the necessary files for burning automatically.