User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 1 Sep 2004, 21:18   #1
JetLinus
Friendly geek of GD :-/

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Unhappy Nooooooooooooh :-/

Quote:
www.wordreference.com

We are sorry to announce that WordReference.com has decided to drop the English-German dictionary. Collins has decided that they prefer not let WordReference offer their dictionaries online anymore, and we were unable to find a good replacement.
It was reaaaaaally really nice, as well as comfortable to use (right-click integration in IE).

Used it at least 20 times a day :-/
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 21:23   #2
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future
Re: Nooooooooooooh :-/

http://dict.leo.org/

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 21:37   #3
JetLinus

JetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud ofJetLinus has much to be proud of
Arrow Re: Nooooooooooooh :-/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
Sucks in comparison and has no right-single-click-pop-up-easy-helper-window...

Also I'll have to re-configure my quicksearch addressbar prefixes :-/
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 21:42   #4
Lupin
I play the double-bass.

Lupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant futureLupin has a brilliant future

i can understand the addressbar problem, but come on, you just have to type a single word + ENTER -> \o/

you cant say, this isnt comfortable!

ps: only problem i found that some words didnt exist.

Charlie Mingus, such nimble fingers
Droppin the bass, all over the place
Lupin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 23:27   #5
JetLinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupin
i can understand the addressbar problem, but come on, you just have to type a single word + ENTER -> \o/

you cant say, this isnt comfortable!

ps: only problem i found that some words didnt exist.
It was more comfortable to select a word on ANY webpage (like here in the forums) with a single click, then right-click on it, choose "=> German", and get a popup.

Also it was the highest quality dictionary I knew. Not having every imaginable word in it, but really good examples and explanations. I liked it.

The addressbar thingy was: I only had to enter "wrd <german word>" to get the translation, or "wre <english word>". Like "imdb <filmtitle>" or "msdn <keyword>". Geeky, I know, but saving you seconds every time.
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 23:35   #6
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

That's how I do all my searches

g <keyword> - Google
ig <keyword> - Google Image
ai <keyword> - AllTheWeb Image
w <keyword> - Wikipedia
d <keyword> - Dictionary
imdb <keyword> - IMDB

etc
Unread 1 Sep 2004, 23:40   #7
JetLinus

Nice nice... got the google toolbar for all G-related thingies though.
But I should add wikipedia etc.
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 01:12   #8
Vaio
Heh, Leeds !

Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Vaio has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Insert 'Use Opera' quote by Leshy

~Vaio~

Yes, I know he is dead !
Vaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 01:16   #9
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
That's how I do all my searches

g <keyword> - Google
ig <keyword> - Google Image
ai <keyword> - AllTheWeb Image
w <keyword> - Wikipedia
d <keyword> - Dictionary
imdb <keyword> - IMDB

etc
I had no idea about any of these other than Google, and I desperately wanted Dictionary, Wikipedia and IMDB, but had no idea how to add them

edit: no wait, is this only available in the new version? only google works for me.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 01:17   #10
Androme
☆ ♥ 

Androme can only hope to improve

You can do this in Firefox as standard - top right where it has the inbuilt Google area - add new engine - done.
R3: LegioN (came #32) || R4: BlueTuba
R5: WolfPack Order || R6: Wolfpack
R7: Fury
----------retired-------
R52-R55: Apprime
R56-R57: FaceLess
R58-60: Apprime/Ultores
Androme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 08:58   #11
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
You can do this in Firefox as standard - top right where it has the inbuilt Google area - add new engine - done.
**** off with your firefox.
Opera > *
Unread 2 Sep 2004, 09:32   #12
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHC
I had no idea about any of these other than Google, and I desperately wanted Dictionary, Wikipedia and IMDB, but had no idea how to add them
Get this little tool, which makes adding custom searches dead easy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Androme2
Of course, you need to install a semi-plugin for every custom search you want added, and have to hope a plugin exists for the custom search you want to do. And it only works with GET method searches. And doesn't allow you to edit the prefix you want to use. Or to remove the search bar as you don't need it.

Last edited by Leshy; 2 Sep 2004 at 09:42.
Leshy is offline   Reply With Quote