User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 14:00   #1
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Have you read the UN Resolutions?

Just out of interest, how many people here have actually read resolutions 661, 678, 687 and 1441? I have come across a startling number of people who go on about these documents, who have never actually laid eyes on them.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 14:09   #2
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Re: Have you read the UN Resolutions?

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
Just out of interest, how many people here have actually read resolutions 661, 678, 687 and 1441? I have come across a startling number of people who go on about these documents, who have never actually laid eyes on them.
678 and 1441 yes, no to the others. Oh, and 660 but you failed to mention that one.
spitzensparken. Ist nicht fur gewerken by das dummkopfen. Das
rubbernecken sightseeren keepen hands in das pockets. Relaxen und vatch
das blinkenlights!!!
Gayle29uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 14:25   #3
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
I have never had the pleasure
Where could I get a copy? And are they 10 million pages each?
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 14:30   #4
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
google, and they are pretty short. I suggest reading them in chronological order though. the way the very existance of 1441 shows a clear violation of 678 and 687 is rather nice though.

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 14:30   #5
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Gayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really niceGayle29uk is just really nice
Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
http://www.un.org/documents/scres.htm

Most are not very long.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 14:34   #6
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
google, and they are pretty short. I suggest reading them in chronological order though. the way the very existance of 1441 shows a clear violation of 678 and 687 is rather nice though.
Iraq is not in breach of resolution 678 in any way and I challenge you to demonstrate otherwise.
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 14:41   #7
Radical Edward

Quote:
Originally posted by Gayle29uk
Iraq is not in breach of resolution 678 in any way and I challenge you to demonstrate otherwise.
1441 acknowledges right at the beginning of the document:

Quote:
Recalling that its resolution 678 (1990) authorized Member States to use all necessary means to uphold and implement its resolution 660 (1990) of 2 August 1990 and all relevant resolutions subsequent to resolution 660 (1990) and to restore international peace and security in the area,

Further recalling that its resolution 687 (1991) imposed obligations on Iraq as a necessary step for achievement of its stated objective of restoring international peace and security in the area,

Deploring the fact that Iraq has not provided an accurate, full, final, and complete disclosure, as required by resolution 687 (1991), of all aspects of its programmes to develop weapons of mass destruction and ballistic missiles with a range greater than one hundred and fifty kilometres, and of all holdings of such weapons, their components and production facilities and locations, as well as all other nuclear programmes, including any which it claims are for purposes not related to nuclear-weapons-usable material,

Deploring further that Iraq repeatedly obstructed immediate, unconditional, and unrestricted access to sites designated by the United Nations Special Commission (UNSCOM) and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), failed to cooperate fully and unconditionally with UNSCOM and IAEA weapons inspectors, as required by resolution 687 (1991), and ultimately ceased all cooperation with UNSCOM and the IAEA in 1998,

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 14:43   #8
Radical Edward

oops, sorry yeap, 678... I keep getting lost because of the numbers looking so similar :P

breach of 687 though, is what I meant.

Unread 20 Mar 2003, 14:47   #9
Gayle29uk
Bitch

Quote:
Recalling, and reaffirming its resolutions 660 (1990) of 2 August (1990), 661 (1990) of 6 August 1990, 662 (1990) of 9 August 1990, 664 (1990) of 18 August 1990, 665 (1990) of 25 August 1990, 666 (1990) of 13 September 1990, 667 (1990) of 16 September 1990, 669 (1990) of 24 September 1990, 670 (1990) of 25 September 1990, 674 (1990) of of 29 October 1990 and 677 (1990) of 28 November 1990.

Noting that, despite all efforts by the United Nations, Iraq refuses to comply with its obligation to implement resolution 660 (1990) and the above-mentioned subsequent relevant resolutions, in flagrant contempt of the Security Council,
678 applies only to 660, 661, and 662. Iraq being in breach on 687 has no bearing on 678.

[edit]Ok, I can understand how you'd mix 678 and 687 up I think I've made my point though, the only UN resolution authorising force to be used against Iraq is fully complied with.[/edit]
das blinkenlights!!!
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 14:54   #10
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...ndlesslove.mov
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 15:10   #11
Anaximander

Anaximander is an unknown quantity at this point
I read 1441 and 678. Parts of others.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 15:57   #12
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

"Decides to remain seized of the matter" is my personal favorite UNSC phrase.

You can almost imagine it means something.
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 16:17   #13
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
No, I haven't read it as I don't care what they say.

Doing so what probably presume I care about bourgeois international law. If I have to write a paper on them then maybe, but otherwise...
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 16:24   #14
Judge
Doh!

Judge is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
No, I haven't read it as I don't care what they say.

Doing so what probably presume I care about bourgeois international law. If I have to write a paper on them then maybe, but otherwise...
Without reading them, it is difficult, if not impossible to comment on the legitimacy or otherwise of the action being taken by the US lead coalition.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 16:38   #15
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Judge
Without reading them, it is difficult, if not impossible to comment on the legitimacy or otherwise of the action being taken by the US lead coalition.
The UN (in my eyes) is not a legitimate body. The US and UK states are not legitimate. The paperwork these bodies may or may not produce justifying their actions is of no real interest tp me on the issue on whether they are actly justly or not.

So that kinda takes care of that one, hmmm?
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 17:02   #16
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of
aye, ive read it, my dad got a copy from a friend and is always banging on about the fact that if you read it you will realise that war is justified, whereas i suggest that since so many countries in the world are in breach of un resolutions does that mean we have to go to war with each and every one of them? the contents of 1441 arent of any particular relevance IMO.
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 21:52   #17
Kumnaa
Unreregistered User

Kumnaa is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally posted by Dante Hicks
The UN (in my eyes) is not a legitimate body. The US and UK states are not legitimate. The paperwork these bodies may or may not produce justifying their actions is of no real interest tp me on the issue on whether they are actly justly or not.

So that kinda takes care of that one, hmmm?
you are crazy
Unread 20 Mar 2003, 22:03   #18
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumnaa
you are crazy
How so? Do you believe the state is legitimate? The UN?

p.s. You have a "Blame-the-Frence" link in your sig. I'm sure it's hilariously irreverent but I wouldn't be throwing around the term "crazy" if I were you.