User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 Mar 2003, 20:25   #51
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
Actually you stated that titan planets not enganging in the war and in friendly galaxies would not be hit. We intended to get psi's gal a shot at #1 because you didnt want that gal as #1
But psi_k did engage in the war. Admittedly not much, but he did. Therefore he was a combatent and we should have been given a normal retal on him.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 20:41   #52
Urkki

Urkki is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by kyrealean
Will be kinda hard to just sit back and allow people to come roid half your gal mates wont it?
Well, ideally mixed gals would have sorted this out before the round, since this situation was clearly inevitable.

For example:

If you have a half-serious galaxy, then you have your galmates phone number. So you call/sms when needed and tell your galmate(s) to get their ass online so he can get def from his alliance. If contacting any of those galmates fails, you go and contact their alliance directly (and secretly) and tell them your galmate has incoming.

If their alliance doesn't care (for example because you have been fence sitting and are not very popular...), then it might be time to change alliance. If that alliance can't cover all your galmates even though they try their best... Well, tough luck, roids lost. This *is* a war game after all, and people lose roids.

Alternatively:

You created a mixed gal because you want to win, and want to do that by fence sitting. So you avoid anything that will get you under attack. Everybody will think you are covards, but hey, if you are going to be top10 gal or something, being called fence sitters is small price to pay... Right? And hey, since you're aiming at the top at any cost, you could also use a few farms while you're at it, it should makes things so much easier...

Alternative 2:

You didn't think when creating your galaxy. And now you can go and complain about how unfair this is, and be bitter to your HCs for going to war against your friends alliance, and to all of us nasty enemies and neutrals at the forums who wanted WEETNAR to stop killing the round before it's too late...
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 00:58   #53
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
People are too loyal to gal mates. Thats a problem.

Bring back random!
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 01:03   #54
Axis_WLF

Axis_WLF is an unknown quantity at this point
good point, there should be a line of loyalty but I believe loyalty to the alliance should come first.
r2 9:23:1 Axis_WLF of Kadan : Blluetuba/Legion
r3 6:24:1 Axis_WLF of kadan : Legion/WolfPack
r4 201:15:1 Octavian of Ostia : Wolfpack
r5 13:6:2 Sun Tzu of Art of War : Legion Command
r6 33:13:?? : Legion Command
r7 15:19:12 Unknown soldier run over by a wagon : Legion Command
R8: 28:8:9 Niccolo Machiavelli of Revera Legatus : TITAN COMMAND BC
R12 ??:??:?? 1up Military Officer
Axis_WLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 01:28   #55
§pa¢e¢ook¦e
Teh Legion. Urwinism

§pa¢e¢ook¦e can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally posted by BetrayerOfHope
all who say its impossible to play on in a mixed galaxy should be ashamed in fact the only difference to before is that we do no longer galaxy raids.

and comeing to vomm pure 1 block galaxys were the reason u got bashed this round but seems u should have suffered a bit more to learn it.
what are you gonna do when your galaxy m8 is under attack by your alliance you gonna watch how they roid your galaxy ?

besides your comment bout 'pure' 1 block is why we are bashed so bad and still havent learned etc is a BIT shortsited imo, and ill give you an answer to that it told 'us' the gamestyle hasnt changed a bit on politics and that you should go for the most dominant block around so that you can bash your enemy and later on your allies
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 01:35   #56
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by §pa¢e¢ook¦e
what are you gonna do when your galaxy m8 is under attack by your alliance you gonna watch how they roid your galaxy ?

yes?

I know you're in Legion and loyaty to ones alliance isn't the highest there but surely you can get the point?
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 01:41   #57
Morden
The Face Of Evil

Morden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to beholdMorden is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by §pa¢e¢ook¦e
making a galaxy with alliances that are almost definetly not going to stay together for the round is a certain way to ensure trouble.

as for Autherised retals tbh i think the way they have become is bull****, fair enough if you want to hit someone do so, but i see no reason why there galaxy shouldnt defend.

the only reason they bother doing autherized retals is because members allow them to, think of it this way:

if a galaxy has 3 members in it, and 1 of there galaxy mates get an authorized retal granted on him/her and they defend the planet, they would likely get in a lot of trouble and it wouldnt make much difference to the alliance,
BUT no alliance is stupid enough to do it if the majority of the memberbase wont stand for them simply because it would shatter any alliance if they lost large chunks of members.

most alliance HC should fear this simply because loyalty to an alliance is a lot less than it used to be, and thus if they pissed off enough people doing it then large chunks of there memberbase would leave.

I for one wouldnt allow an alliance to retal a gal m8, unless he acted like a moron like the one in my current galaxy(damn shame about no ingal attacks)
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 05:01   #58
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute
Retals are indeed ugly things. But just saying wtf, everyone can do what they want isnt really a cleaner or better option. If my alliance members felt that little regard for the well being of thier alliance that the would defend people in their gals who were responsible for huting thier alliance, then I would resign as HC because I would have failed in my job miserably.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 06:35   #59
LeviUK
Galley Slave

LeviUK is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Morden
as for Autherised retals tbh i think the way they have become is bull****, fair enough if you want to hit someone do so, but i see no reason why there galaxy shouldnt defend.
Quite.. many people arranging galaxies with friends who choose to join different alliances.. trouble in the making ofc but I for one will def my galmates no matter what the consequences may be.. if anyone, no matter who, launches at my galmates and expects me to sacrifice my friends (and principles), they can kiss my lily-white ass. I'd expect I'd be retalled as a result of course but if that's the price of friendship, so be it. Rather that than being a cold backstabbing tosser :-)

Planetarion Amateur since round 4.
LeviUK is offline   Reply With Quote