User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 31 Mar 2003, 09:47   #51
Sirad
Have D|ck Done Travell

Sirad is an unknown quantity at this point
we are all wasteing our time with this game anyway :P
axis and allies much lsee time to waste,
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 17:51   #52
Urkki

Urkki is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by hAl
There seems to be a lack of quality as the game totally revolves around quantity at the moment. Since there is so much amphasis on massive attacks why would you see a lot of skilled play. There is noone you need to outsmart.

hAl
You are looking at this from the losing side perspective I think. For you, there indeed wasn't much room for skill, you were so clearly outnumbered. But there's definitely skill involved inside the leading block. That skill determines which's #1 galaxy, and who's #1 planet. Wether that skill is in fence sitting, or getting retals, or cheating and not getting caught, or just plain dedication to their galaxy (and ability to use an alarm clock), it's still skill.

Alliance wars and politics determine who have the potential to win, but in the end the ones that outsmart the others in their own winning alliance/block win the round.

So don't write off personal game skill just because you weren't in a position to use yours... And atm you actually should be in a position where you have quite a lot of room to maneuver in many levels...
Unread 31 Mar 2003, 21:16   #53
mens
Sheep

mens is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually, Play, I don't agree that the skills have gone down.
I agree with Sergio.

PS: who cares about wp r3/4 anyways?
I don't.
I don't give a flying battleship what people think about the current wp. We're the real wp, been that for several rounds. WP aint a bunch of nostalgic old farts who thinks they're all that.
mens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Apr 2003, 00:54   #54
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by mens
WP aint a bunch of nostalgic old farts who thinks they're all that.
yes you're a bunch of boring farts who have failed to achieve anything at all in the game _ever_ with the exception of a few.

(note I am talking in general here, not specifically aimed)
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote