User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 24 Jan 2003, 21:58   #151
Teh_Necro
Daddy.

Teh_Necro has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Well although WTF would of still been a formitable block and possible winners of r5, i honestly doubt they'd of had it easy.

Although this all never happend and is never going too so i wont bother wasting time speculating.

-Necro
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 04:57   #152
Jorinn
Toyboy

Jorinn has a spectacular aura aboutJorinn has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by ParraCida
Community is a bad excuse for being ****e, besides FAnG already used up that excuse.

Any good alliance should be able to combine the both to ensure success, people want to have fun and also have a good planet.
The one contributes to the other, and you will see that 'all' top alliances have found a way to have both community and military coexisting in their ranks, its the only way to win.
You wouldn't happen to hold a grudge or anything against FAnG, would you Parra?

You are slightly too mature for that aren't you?

I could completely pick apart your post on the definition of good alliance etc. i.e what makes one, one that achieves it's aims with the hand it's dealt orone that wins using any and all means available to it. However I'm a bit tired so I'll just leave it at that.
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 08:53   #153
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quote:
Originally posted by Patrician
Tuba would have disbanded regardless - And it disbanded quite a while before people started backstabbing each other.

As you have no knowledge whatsoever of the reasons behind the alliance folding, the above comment is bull****.

I find it amusing that people such as yourself believe an alliance which was on the 'wrong' side for most of its existance would baulk at a minute chance of being backstabbed (again you know nothing of the internal politics between Tuba and its allies)

If so - you are thinking of the wrong alliance.
No disrespect but wasn't a main reason for Tuba's disbandment being that it couldn't achieve anything? Any war looked doubtful - noone was wanting/willing to break up. I personally think a WTF war would have kept Tuba in the game, since it would have been something to do and achieve for its members.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 08:59   #154
-=Zyth=-
Paranoid Android

-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about-=Zyth=- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
No disrespect but wasn't a main reason for Tuba's disbandment being that it couldn't achieve anything? Any war looked doubtful - noone was wanting/willing to break up. I personally think a WTF war would have kept Tuba in the game, since it would have been something to do and achieve for its members.
But fury did what they did best...i.e. Sid and Biggdogg kept together and raped the rest.

[SiN]
Safety in Numbers

NEVER AGAIN! Retired
-=Zyth=- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 09:34   #155
Patrician
Sultan of Swing

Patrician is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Zh|l
Main reason was it was a nightmare to run, and the command staff were exausted / tired of the daily struggle. Disolving the alliance had been on the table for a long time, but we resolved to finish the NoCeX 'war'.

It was time to wind it down, and so we did. A WTF v VE war was the least likely of any scenario, and even if there had been one - Tuba would not have stayed in the game, for the above reasons.

As for the 'couldn't achieve anything', it was the first time the alliance had been on the winning side since round 1 (although I would have greatly preferred keeping the WTF block without VE) - And we had rebuilt from the wreck of round 2 into a fairly powerful, certainly effective alliance - against all the odds (both internally and externally) - If it was going to end, it may as well have been at the 'height' of our achievement (overshadowed though it was by the pathetic sham that was round 5)

NB: If I took Torz's comment out of context, my apologies)

BlueTuba

Last edited by Patrician; 26 Jan 2003 at 09:51.
Patrician is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 12:45   #156
Scouse
[F.E.A.R.]

Scouse is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Jorinn
I could completely pick apart your post on the definition of good alliance etc. i.e what makes one, one that achieves it's aims with the hand it's dealt orone that wins using any and all means available to it. However I'm a bit tired so I'll just leave it at that.
That sounds like decent discussion. Why not go the whole hog and make a new thread about it? I'd love to see you compare FAnG to Titans/Fury/Legion.
"And when people tell me what is ok and what is not it should not be an unexpected scene seeing I extend my middle right hand digit and say: 'Eyy, would you like lemon or lime with that piece of advice, mister?'"

Funny Film Reviews :: SWOS
Scouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 15:02   #157
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Main reason was it was a nightmare to run, and the command staff were exausted / tired of the daily struggle. Disolving the alliance had been on the table for a long time, but we resolved to finish the NoCeX 'war'.

It was time to wind it down, and so we did. A WTF v VE war was the least likely of any scenario, and even if there had been one - Tuba would not have stayed in the game, for the above reasons.

As for the 'couldn't achieve anything', it was the first time the alliance had been on the winning side since round 1 (although I would have greatly preferred keeping the WTF block without VE) - And we had rebuilt from the wreck of round 2 into a fairly powerful, certainly effective alliance - against all the odds (both internally and externally) - If it was going to end, it may as well have been at the 'height' of our achievement (overshadowed though it was by the pathetic sham that was round 5)

Oh yes, that reminds me.
I never got to thank you or Lokken for getting me in BT exactly 2 days before you dissolved the alliance.

THANKS PAT!!

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Jan 2003, 15:26   #158
Torz
Up yours

Torz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud ofTorz has much to be proud of
Quote:

I think you must have as I was quite bewildered when I saw your flame reply
Torz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 16:33   #159
mcnally
Tzu-Rider

mcnally is an unknown quantity at this point
TZU members = 8 (unless you wanna join us Jester?)
and our junior alliance = 2 (your still with us cbk and chandler?)

first alliance who tells their membercount eh!

Last edited by mcnally; 29 Jan 2003 at 16:46.
mcnally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 16:37   #160
mcnally
Tzu-Rider

Quote:
Originally posted by Radium-^
I think i am.

MadCows aka Flak alliance of their block ?
MadCows aka The North American TFD (loosely based :P)

no offense amigo im not a canadian.
Im a noob yes, but a PROUD noob, so m00 to you sire!

(i dont wanna be called canadian sorry sirad..just had to post an answer to this leet guy)

Last edited by mcnally; 29 Jan 2003 at 16:46.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 23:19   #161
Jester
Pedantic hypocrite

Jester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond reputeJester has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by mcnally
TZU members = 8 (unless you wanna join us Jester?)
and our junior alliance = 2 (your still with us cbk and chandler?)

first alliance who tells their membercount eh!
#TZU unable to join channel (invite only)

Jester
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 12:54   #162
Fifth_teletubbie
Commander etc

Fifth_teletubbie is an unknown quantity at this point
omg has the venerable Sly-Tzu risen from his ashes again ??

Ostraka: It's a Social Club with guns (and K-Y)
Fifth_teletubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 17:44   #163
mcnally
Tzu-Rider

naa our Sensei is gone.... heard a rumour the evil LESION took him on their side! (but then again..aint they taking them all?)
Unread 7 Feb 2003, 19:15   #164
LORD-NIKO
Horny *******

LORD-NIKO is an unknown quantity at this point
t000t

Stress§
long time no c...

round 10 i vote for a round 4 gal clone dont ya think?

*fluffels Fyrsten and Storebo*
Round 2: 77:18 (SL/LOST)
Round 3: 30:4 (TC)
Round 4: 170:17 (Knights)
Round 5: 35:23:12 (DTA)
Round 6: 8:17:3 (Silver/Ely/VtS)
Round 7: 29:21:3 (RaH Founder)
Round 8: 43:8:4 (RaH HC)
Round 9: 1:4:8 (RaH HC)
Round9.5: 26:5:9 (RaH HC)
----------------------------------------------
LORD-NIKO is offline   Reply With Quote