User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Programming and Discussion > Hardware and Tech Support
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Jul 2003, 03:00   #1
Anarchy
sexeh bitch

Anarchy is an unknown quantity at this point
mouse, keyboard dont work

last ngiht some punk exploited a bug in XP on my system (how nice of microsoft to release the patch *TODAY*)...anyway
since then, my keyboard and mouse have been on and off..sometimes they work, sometimes they dont..even after a reboot
sometimes theyll work for the first 5 mins, then give out on me

im using a serial mouse which is a bit more reliable but also gives out on me as well

it appears that the computer isnt even noticing either the PS2 mouse or the keyboard because neither show up in the Device Manager when they arent working (ofc they do show up when they are working)

any idea what is wrong and how to fix it (other than a full system restore - i tried using MS file restore but that didnt work)...ive tried reinstalling the drivers as well but it has had no effect
[11:27] <Anarchy> opers!!! opers!!!
[11:27] <Anarchy> im being abused!!
[11:27] <+mist> ?
[11:27] <+mist> in what way?
[11:27] <Anarchy> analy

<@Grebe> rape meh like a pony!! \o/ \o/\o/

<scirDSL> I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals.

<@Viper> im wanking all over my face now
<@Smesh|Away> with 2 fingers up ur arse?
<@Viper> three
Anarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 10:13   #2
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
You quote Grebe in your sig... implies you hang around with the likes of him and Snake etc. So it's no suprise you've been exploited!

I have no idea what they have done. No info on the MS site? Surely if they've released a patch, they have some info?

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 10:27   #3
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Reinstall?
Use win2k?

Alternatively, find out where that punk lives and beat the crap out of him...

You could also check the CPU usage (ctrl-shift-esc under win2k, prolly the same under XP, then processes tab) and see if any app is eating so much resources your board and mouse are blocking.

Instead of a reinstall you could do a system repair
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 13:54   #4
Anarchy
sexeh bitch

re

Mong: me and grebe have been m8s for years, but he is a n00b and knows nothing about hacking ~ i have no idea who snake is

i ran a netstat while the dude was connected and got his IP..he uses my ISP so i suspect he was trying to hack the IP block

SI: The problem isnt serious enough to reinstall (my keyboard seems to be working fine again)
um...System Idle Process is using about 95% of my cpu, which is more than i have ever seen it using (my computer is 2ghz, 512mb ram..), but i dont wanna kill it unless i know what the results will be
I tried system repair, and i tried reinstalling the system drivers back to default; system repair didnt work, and the drivers i need for the mouse did not show up in the latter

i suspect it may have soemthing to do with the IRQ, but what do i know :\

furthermroe i ran a virus check (norton anti-virus 2002) but nothing showed up on that, so it wasnt a trojan or anything (i would hope the guy didnt write his own :\ )

<scirDSL> I hated going to weddings. All the grandmas would poke me saying "You're next". They stopped that when I started doing it to them at funerals.

<@Viper> three
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 14:19   #5
Mong
Forever Delayed

Mong is on a distinguished road
Re: re

Quote:
Originally posted by Anarchy
Mong: me and grebe have been m8s for years, but he is a n00b and knows nothing about hacking ~ i have no idea who snake is
Okay, whatever

M.

O2 Rip-off campaign

<vampy> plus i hate people ... i despise humanity as a whole

pablissimo "I'm still geting over the fact you just posted a pic of your own vomit"
Mong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 18:08   #6
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Er - the system idle process is the process that runs when nothing else on the computer needs doing.
So the more of the processor that process is using, the less processor is in actual use.

Inverse logic innit.

Unread 10 Jul 2003, 18:32   #7
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
Quote:
Originally posted by meglamaniac
Er - the system idle process is the process that runs when nothing else on the computer needs doing.
So the more of the processor that process is using, the less processor is in actual use.

Inverse logic innit.

So basically the "system iddle process" indicates how much of the system processor is iddle.

Technical people and explaining stuff is a bad combination
Structural Integrity is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Jul 2003, 19:13   #8
Anarchy
sexeh bitch

re

heh i just read up on that..but never has it registered as using so much CPU before..and i have more programs running right now than i usually do

anyway, as for the suggestion about it being IRQ, any ideas?

<@Viper> three