User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 14 Oct 2004, 23:10   #1
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

CrazyConrad is on a distinguished road
Why?

A question to the PA-team please.

Earlier today one of the priv planets in my gal decided to betray us all and switch gal, not telling us anything about it. We were like wtf happend when we saw he was missing. We did abit of investigation and found out that not only did he betray his gal but also his alliance. After further investigation we found out his coords.

Well, we lost one but lets try and do the best of it so we went out looking for a payed player somewhere in the univers who had signed up randomly maybe so we could get someone to replace the traitor. A few hrs after we lost one planet we finally found the replacement and got him ready to move to our gal. First we exiled one planet and then he tried to join our gal but no, "Unable to find a matching combination of coodinates and password, please try again" is the message he gets.

Ok, that doesnt work so how the hell did the traitor manage to move into a new gal?
After speaking to A2 he confirms to us that this isnt possible so the message our "new" gal m8 got was ok but there is one thing that doesnt add up at all.

The traitor leaving our gal happend to end up in the leading gal, we asked A2 how this was possible cause surly the #1 gal had 5 payed planets already.
A2 never gave us an answer to that question so I am assuming our traitor got moved into the #1 gal.

Please give me a proper explanation to this as I really wanna believe this didnt happen.
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 23:12   #2
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold
Re: Why?

probably 4 private (paid) and 1 random (paid)

your traitor was/is the 5th private

probably

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 23:16   #3
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

Its not possible to get random planets unless you have 5 payed planets.

Well, it is now but that gal had several randoms before that option was available.
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 23:17   #4
barney
Ex-Visionary

barney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the roughbarney is a jewel in the rough

no matter you got his coords im sure you and the alliane involved can figure out some way to extract revenge as soon as he comes out of protection

he won't have much of a round with wave after wave of attacks
r11 NoS (16:9:10)
r12 VsN (22:2:1)
r13 VsN BC (10:10:10) - R.I.P.
r14 xVx Head BC (2:8:3)
barney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 23:18   #5
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

You know there wont be an answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney
no matter you got his coords im sure you and the alliane involved can figure out some way to extract revenge as soon as he comes out of protection

Oh, don't you worry
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Oct 2004, 23:19   #6
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney

True and that will happen to him but thats not the point here.
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 06:14   #7
Veil05
NE

Veil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud ofVeil05 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyConrad
True and that will happen to him but thats not the point here.
this will be shuffled under the table ignored, give up now, before u waste to much time.
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 06:39   #8
Nology

Nology is an unknown quantity at this point

I certainly hope that isn't true, if it is PA just reached a new low.
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 08:05   #9
The Real Arfy

The Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Real Arfy has a reputation beyond repute

If you have any other paid randoms, i guess it classes it as 5 paid, private players, and so u cant set a new galaxy pin.

You did set a NEW galaxy pin, yes?
The Real Arfy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 09:24   #10
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

IF you have more than 5 people then you galaxy is no longer private and ti is impossible to get someone you want in.

Off the top of my head there are a couple of ways your traiter may have done what he did, although I don;t want to comment properly until I have worked out which it coul be. Please can you contact me on irc with all of the details/

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 13:48   #11
Little Timmy
Winker

Little Timmy will become famous soon enoughLittle Timmy will become famous soon enough

So what is happening about this CC ?

I know you had to lose all your randoms and are now stuck in a 5 man privbate galaxy with no chance of getting any active ones.

Yeah so what Im an Original Pr0nstar

some of us have serious jobs
Little Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 17:08   #12
CrazyConrad
DarnocYzarc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Timmy
So what is happening about this CC ?

I know you had to lose all your randoms and are now stuck in a 5 man privbate galaxy with no chance of getting any active ones.
I spoke to Kal about it and found out several things I aint all to happy about.
Will prolly make a bigger post about it laters, cant be arsed now (to many bad words comming out heh)
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 17:15   #13
God
of War

God can only hope to improve

Very interesting......

I also want an explanation about this...

"[Zeus to Ares:] 'To me you are the most hateful of all the gods who hold Olympos. Forever quarrelling is dear to your heart, wars and battles." - Homer, Iliad 5.699
God is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 17:33   #14
Conall
There is a better answer

Conall will become famous soon enoughConall will become famous soon enough

We had the same thing happen to us. The answer I got was once you had 5 privite your galaxy was no longer able to a private gal member even if you ex-gal mate did screw you over by leaving.

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.
Sir Winston Churchill
Conall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 18:07   #15
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Basically it was legitimate for him to leave the galaxy, bu i wans't a nice thing for him to do as it screwed over his old gal. We moved the planet in question into the other galaxy becuase it only had 3 private people and had been mistakenly merged with some other gals thus destroying the private gal. In the light of the fact that we are now shuffling a merge was a bad idea, but at the time it seemed the most sensible way forward.

We apologise again for the messed up galaxy system this round. We should soon be announcing a new intiative to discuss issues like galaxy systems with the community in a bid to prevent issues like this occuring in the future.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 18:33   #16
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
We should soon be announcing a new intiative to discuss issues like galaxy systems with the community in a bid to prevent issues like this occuring in the future.
Fortunately, these are completely new and unforseeable issues that we are certain will be addressed by PATeam efficiently and quickly, which will inspire much confidence in the galaxy system for future rounds.
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 21:10   #17
MAdnRisKy
home wrecker

MAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to beholdMAdnRisKy is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
Fortunately, these are completely new and unforseeable issues that we are certain will be addressed by PATeam efficiently and quickly, which will inspire much confidence in the galaxy system for future rounds.
the horse has bolted leshy...

(and in the spirit of mixing metaphors, it's a very clever horse because it's dead and you're flogging its dust out of the stable - PA team have always sucked at PR, they're not going to change in a hurry...)

#pr0nstars - a pimp is for life, not just for christmas
MAdnRisKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2004, 21:17   #18
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I like my horse corpse with a hint of vinegar and sarcasm. Sue me
Unread 16 Oct 2004, 16:51   #19
Psi_K
Canadian to the Core

Psi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the roughPsi_K is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
Basically it was legitimate for him to leave the galaxy, bu i wans't a nice thing for him to do as it screwed over his old gal. We moved the planet in question into the other galaxy becuase it only had 3 private people and had been mistakenly merged with some other gals thus destroying the private gal. In the light of the fact that we are now shuffling a merge was a bad idea, but at the time it seemed the most sensible way forward.

We apologise again for the messed up galaxy system this round. We should soon be announcing a new intiative to discuss issues like galaxy systems with the community in a bid to prevent issues like this occuring in the future.
At the time the gal in question was #1 ... and you thought this was a sensible idea. :eek:
Typical fking pa crew
r18-19 [eXi]
<Intermission>
r31-32 [CT] - r33-35 [DLR] - r36 [VsN] - r37 [???]
r45-46 [FAnG]
Psi_K is offline   Reply With Quote