User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 17 Mar 2006, 00:21   #1
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
[Work] Good news ... Bad news ... Bad news

Good News

I applied for an EO (Executive Officer ... line manger by any other name) job back in November (November the 9th was the deadline).

I had my interview on the 28th of February.

I found out this afternoon that i got the job.*

Bad News

The EO job is just part time (20 hours a week) so im gonna drop from 16k to 10k.

My hours however drop from 40 to 20 so it's OK (i might get another part time job).

I was aware of all this before i applied but accepted it as i need to move up the grade scale etc.

Bad News

Four people applied for the job.

Two people were selected for interview.

I found out tonight that we both got the job.

It turns out that they ARE going ahead with the expansion of the evening shift and creating another team.

After a recent recruitment campaign for more examiners during which:
- 20 people were selected for interview
- 9 people turned up
- 6 people passed the board
- 3 people accepted the job
There's not really enough people to make another team (we've either lost or gonna lose 5 examiners this pay year) but they say they're gonna do it anyways.

Anyways the point i was gonna make is that the other EO job is not a cert so it may end up that i dont actually get the job.

Whatever happens they're not giving out the job which is available at the mo cause i get the impression they don't want to have to choose between me and the other candidate.

Which is pretty ****ing retarded as the section in question is about to disintegrate due to there being a (MAJOR) "clash of personalities" and the EO in charge at the moment only being temp so she's got **** all inclination to do anything "official" to alieviate the situation (she's not had the necessary management training anyways but that's by the by).

[/emo]

*the Civil Service works REAL fast :rolleyes:
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 00:36   #2
Flavius

Flavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet societyFlavius is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: [Work] Good news ... Bad news ... Bad news

I made 7427,46 euros in 43 days.
Flavius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 00:46   #3
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Is that good?

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 00:47   #4
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
Good News

I applied for an EO (Executive Officer ... line manger by any other name) job back in November (November the 9th was the deadline).

I had my interview on the 28th of February.

I found out this afternoon that i got the job.*

Bad News

The EO job is just part time (20 hours a week) so im gonna drop from 16k to 10k.

My hours however drop from 40 to 20 so it's OK (i might get another part time job).

I was aware of all this before i applied but accepted it as i need to move up the grade scale etc.

Bad News

Four people applied for the job.

Two people were selected for interview.

I found out tonight that we both got the job.

It turns out that they ARE going ahead with the expansion of the evening shift and creating another team.

After a recent recruitment campaign for more examiners during which:
- 20 people were selected for interview
- 9 people turned up
- 6 people passed the board
- 3 people accepted the job
There's not really enough people to make another team (we've either lost or gonna lose 5 examiners this pay year) but they say they're gonna do it anyways.

Anyways the point i was gonna make is that the other EO job is not a cert so it may end up that i dont actually get the job.

Whatever happens they're not giving out the job which is available at the mo cause i get the impression they don't want to have to choose between me and the other candidate.

Which is pretty ****ing retarded as the section in question is about to disintegrate due to there being a (MAJOR) "clash of personalities" and the EO in charge at the moment only being temp so she's got **** all inclination to do anything "official" to alieviate the situation (she's not had the necessary management training anyways but that's by the by).

[/emo]
So you got a confirmation that you got the job but you might not get the job?

EH?

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 00:49   #5
Dace
so f*cking zen

Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dace has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
So you got a confirmation that you got the job but you might not get the job?

EH?

It took them 3 and a half months to sift 4 applicants for 2 jobs.

It then took them another 2 and a half weeks for them to decide who to give the job to.

Their decision was "let's give the job to both of them by making another team".

Funds are always carefully watched so im not sure if they've been given the official go ahead for the extra team or if it's just wishful thinking on the production managers part.

Can i be blamed for not being SUPER CONFIDENT in their ability to not **** up my promotion?!
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 00:58   #6
Yahwe
I am.

Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Yahwe has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead_Meat
Is that good?
it's about 3 grotes
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 01:21   #7
dda
USS Oklahoma

dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.dda has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Three goats?
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 01:41   #8
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by dda
Three goats?

and to think Torz hasnt been seen on these forums for years

[/old skool]
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 01:58   #9
G.K Zhukov
Evil inside

G.K Zhukov is an unknown quantity at this point

dda reveals himself as Torz SHOCKER!!!!!!!
G.K Zhukov is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 10:48   #10
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

welcome to working for the government
Unread 17 Mar 2006, 21:50   #11
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

im still a scale 1/2... BEAT THAT MOTHER****ERS
Unread 13 Apr 2006, 17:52   #12
Dace
so f*cking zen

Just a quick bump.

I forgot to say that i start officially as an EO on Tuesday.

Now i've got to go and look for another job. On the bright side i've actually already gone on the job centre website and phone up about a job (direct banking adviser ... i know, i know ... but i've you're taking the cock i don't suppose it matters much how hard the ramming is). This is a VAST improvement on how i handled the job search last time (i was unemployed for 3 months before i applied for my first job). I'll still be getting full time equivalent wages for the next two months so i've got plenty of time.

Anyways, does anybody have any other (serious) job suggestions i could look into?
Unread 13 Apr 2006, 17:57   #13
Dace
so f*cking zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toccata & Fugue
I am still an AO :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
im still a scale 1/2... BEAT THAT MOTHER****ERS

What are those grades?

In my office;

PO1 = Admin Assistant (does filing etc)
PO3 = Examiner (deals with the work)
EO = Team Manager
HEO = In charge of a "command" (ie several teams)

I think AA is the same as the PO1 which would make AO the same as a PO3 but i'm not sure.

I dont know anything about local authority grades :(
Unread 13 Apr 2006, 18:39   #14
roadrunner_0
cynic

right, see that PO1 yeah? well my boss' boss' BOSS is on that, thats how far down the hill i am

(obviously your scales are nothing like ours though, as in my work a PO1 is about 25k a year i think)
Unread 13 Apr 2006, 19:08   #15
Dace
so f*cking zen

£25k a year for FILING? Surely you jest. (please)
Unread 13 Apr 2006, 19:14   #16
Dace
so f*cking zen

Actually saying that looking at admin jobs in Glasgow and the local authority type folks are paying about £15k which beats the £11k i was on for doing the same thing in the passport office (as a manager i'm now on £11k for doing a 20 hour week \o/) but still £25k seems a bit steep.
Unread 14 Apr 2006, 19:35   #17
Ebany
Cute Kitten

Ebany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of lightEbany is a glorious beacon of light

If you have any interest in recruitment I can see if Reed have anything going up that way. I don't know how keen they would be on part time though. Otherwise (and I was always advertising this before I worked for the company) reed.co.uk are very very good for jobs, as they let anyone advertise there.
Ebany is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Apr 2006, 20:57   #18
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dace
£25k a year for FILING? Surely you jest. (please)
It seems slightly high, but dont you realise how low Scottish wages are compared to the rest of the UK?
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Apr 2006, 09:13   #19
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebany
If you have any interest in recruitment I can see if Reed have anything going up that way. I don't know how keen they would be on part time though. Otherwise (and I was always advertising this before I worked for the company) reed.co.uk are very very good for jobs, as they let anyone advertise there.
The reed site is wonderful for jobs, in some ways, in others it makes me want to go on a gun totting rampage through a nearby shopping mall screaming 'die you capitilist pigs' while shooting, lots, with guns.

Reed website has two problems, they do let anybody advertise there, which means you get the 'WORK FRM HOME , £4500000000 - £90000000000000 per day, for working 3 hours, and taking a 2 hour 45 minute lunch break' - The amount of bullshit jobs, and recruitment companys listing false vacancys on reed so they can get you on their books will make you want to cry.

Secondly, it seems nobody ever checks the ****ing emails. I used to use the 'apply online' link, forward my CV, type up a covering letter, and not hear a ****ing thing about any ****ing vacancy, ever. This wasnt always through 3rd partys either, this was official 'reed jobs' where the reed guys really never bothered to get off their ass and call me / mail me. Now I do everything by phone, its so much more productive.
Unread 15 Apr 2006, 14:57   #20
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

£90 trillion/hour. What's that after tax?
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote