User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 14 Feb 2016, 12:52   #101
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold
Re: R65 Ship Stats proposals

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
Really?
Is this directed at my post? To explain a little more; some stats sets are offensive and other are defensive and ofc some people like one and some the other. If going for just one set over a long period it would need to be a set that almost everyone likes and has a lot of different playing options, such a set may exist but I dont really remember one which was almost uniformly liked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcChas View Post
Certainly, it would be extremely difficult to guess what each ship does (or even was) from one round to the next without a careful study of the stats.
This is due to the stats creators not considering what they name their ships rather than anything else. I would be very easy to have a name for what a ship of a certain type is and stick to it from round to round; a Wyvern for example should be a downward firing Terran battleship. Some rounds where Ter does not have a downward firing battleship there would be no Wyvern.

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 21 Feb 2016, 16:50   #102
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

That approach would certainly address the issue I raised.

(Stats-makers please take note).
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2016, 10:33   #103
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Thirded.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 22 Feb 2016, 13:01   #104
Krypton
KK

Krypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the roughKrypton is a jewel in the rough

Booji (or Boogie as my autocorrect states), does speak a lot of sense. Generally missing from these forums...myself included!
Krypton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2016, 18:27   #105
Jintao
The evil stats guy

Jintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of lightJintao is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher View Post
Oh, i dont hate em, i just dont like them from a subjective view. Ive said lets see how they play out before judging how succsefull they were
So the round is nearing it's final hours. Think it's a good time to reflect on this past round.

Were the stats that bad? Maybe you enjoyed them afteral?
What went well with them? What could go better in the next round?

Or any other comments you have on them. Curious about it and looking forward to some constructive feedback.

PS it's a general question, not just a question at BB
Jintao is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 26 Feb 2016, 18:40   #106
booji
a bucket

booji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to beholdbooji is a splendid one to behold

I did not like the set they were based upon so I am somewhat biased. And to be honest I still did not like this set, as I said initially about it it is rather rock paper scissors. judging by targets and aus a lot of people have developed very unbalanced fleets perhaps because of this. In my own case my fleet is basically phantoms and ghosts. However I think these have certainly been more successful than the set it was based on was - de is not overpowered as it was so there have been multiple good fleet options open.

The top 100 is pretty even; 24 ter, 23 zik, 21 etd, 19 xan, and 14 cats. This would seem to imply zik is a bit strong given it also has the least players. Cat might be a bit weak - but that may also be down to lots of cat players being scanners. It is perhaps notable that the top xan is below T20, but that might equally be down to the failure of alliances that included xan as a major component of their strategy (like p3n).

Otterly an Otter.
booji is offline   Reply With Quote