User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 5 Aug 2007, 00:21   #1
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society
Round Report 5 august 2007

Well, I said i would write one more post on the current situation and so, here it is.

First to summarize on the few events that have happened outside the alliance ranks.

First, with one week to go, it seems quite clear that the win will go to a value planet this round.

If Elviz manages to pull off yet another steal to cause the win remains to be seen, he does have the advantage, and he seems to have a bigger stack than his closest competitors, but with the production to hide resources strategy you can never be fully secure on who has the most resources stacked.

In the galaxy race it seems more likely that the race is already settled, 4:3 seems to have a good lead on 2:4 and others trailing strongly. I would expect nothing else but a full victory for the guys in 4:3.

In the race of becoming the best XP whore we seem to have a quite clear winner already in 13 6 4 , although everything can happen still at this stage, and with one week left we're bound to see lots of xp whores trying to fight themselves upwards in the ranking.

So back to the alliance race.

The thriller finish doesn't seem to end in regards to alliances. There are still 5 alliances with a good chance to win, allthough two seem to have lost slightly in pace, and seem to be to far away, but its still anyones game.

CT have been under heavy fire from VGN/JEN/TGV and the Triad seem to have gained the upper hand against CT. However CT is still a dark horse who can easily recover and this could actually go down to be all about the spending of resources on the last day.

ND seems to be trying to fight their way into top 5 but seems to be having problems passing ROCK whom seem to have fallen slightly off into inactivity.

Subh have picked up the pace slightly and seem to be trying to get back at ND, but so far, their scoregainage has not been fully up with the ND gains.

Behind Subh again each alliance follow like a lone little island of score behind each other and it seems pretty set for rank from 7 to 21st.

For those who like to sodomize themselves while reading about alliances nobody else would care about:

The interesting fights we see here is that TiT and StrongHold are battling it off in a close battle for 21st. While ZikUnion had an enourmous roid/shiploss at about 2mill scores worth today and its unlikely they will recover from such a horror.

Of other rumors that the grapevine is putting up is the return of several alliances next round.

After Insomnia waking up and deciding to wanting to play again others have followed suit.
Ministry have declared that they are playing, and there are strong rumors that both Destiny and eXilition are gonna play round 23.

Will this cause another huge collapse of the alliances who currently hold the top spots and what alliances will dissolve seems all pretty unclear. Time will tell, and the only thing for certain now is that the round will end next friday. (I think)
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 00:29   #2
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend
Re: Round Report 5 august 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool
In the race of becoming the best XP whore we seem to have a quite clear winner already in 13 6 4 , although everything can happen still at this stage, and with one week left we're bound to see lots of xp whores trying to fight themselves upwards in the ranking.
Hadn't I become lazy and stopped attacking for 2-3 days I'd still be #1. I'm only 9k behind #1 now though and it should only take me two landings to fly past him (given that he doesn't land). I'll try my best to make your prediction fail anyway

Nice writeup.
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 14:02   #3
AdmV0rl0n

AdmV0rl0n is an unknown quantity at this point

Kargool,

We will both recover and reach our aim for this round.

ZU out.
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 14:53   #4
Luckyiam.PSC

Luckyiam.PSC is infamous around these parts

Never underestimate the power of finance centers kargool
Luckyiam.PSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 18:09   #5
NitinA
Laziness pays off NOW!

NitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant futureNitinA has a brilliant future

Are we supposed to ignore the embedded propaganda, seeing how this was written by a TGV HC, about Conspiracy needing the pressure to be kept on them because they have good odds of bouncing back? TGV now have a 2mil score lead, and 1 less player in tag than any of the other competitors. A 2 million lead is actually the biggest lead for #1 I've seen in a few weeks. Coupled with a roid lead aswell, it could prove key to victory. I wonder if Vgn are content with staying #2.
[Silver] High Council - Military
[WolfPack] High Council - Military
[Ascendancy] Member
[eXilition] High Council - Defence
7-Round Official Planetarion #Support Team Member
Retired Since Round 21
NitinA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2007, 21:11   #6
[Smurf]Pies
TeamPies

[Smurf]Pies can only hope to improve

so what are u saying? Ministry are winning? ;-)

<Pies> your gonna make me get pm's
<Pies> saying ive got a ego
<Pies> larger then a house again
<[TeamPies]MrPink> you“re the biggest ego i have ever seen

Round2 - Round 10
[Ministry]
Heresy

R4
114,[WTF]Smurf Village[TGS][NFU] (30:14)
97,The PieCastle (30:14:7)

R5
37,[Ag][WPO] Gauls [Fury] (21:04)

R6
1,Šragons[WP][OWAGE!][Tapper] (5:24)
81, ur friends (5:24:22)
[Smurf]Pies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 13:53   #7
AdmV0rl0n

Quote:
The interesting fights we see here is that TiT and StrongHold are battling it off in a close battle for 21st. While ZikUnion had an enourmous roid/shiploss at about 2mill scores worth today and its unlikely they will recover from such a horror.
We're 200k in score behind trans now. So much for the 'unlikely to recover' blurb Kargool.
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 17:06   #8
Satyr

Satyr has a spectacular aura aboutSatyr has a spectacular aura aboutSatyr has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
If Elviz manages to pull off yet another steal to cause the win remains to be seen, he does have the advantage, and he seems to have a bigger stack than his closest competitors, but with the production to hide resources strategy you can never be fully secure on who has the most resources stacked.
Not even close on this one Kargool, a few scans (and just looking at their size) should give you a completely different view :/
Satyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Aug 2007, 18:00   #9
Veedeejem!
Hibernating

Veedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond reputeVeedeejem! has a reputation beyond repute

62 InSomnia 389 1 758,886 758,886

we will be victorious!!!!!

[ToF] - [eXilition] - [Rock] - [Denial] - [DLR] - [eVolution] - [ODDR] - [HR] - [Ultores] - [Apprime] - [Ironborn]
Veedeejem! is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 17:28   #10
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

with the dramatic roid losses jenova suffered today you might be better doing a daily report until ticks stop

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it."
-Rommel
gzambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 17:48   #11
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

With only TGV and Conspiracy realistically left to challenge Vengeance for the #1 spot, the current political alliances (Vengeance/TGV/Jenova vs CT & pals) surely won't last much longer. There's certainly nothing left in it for TGV anymore, they really should be angling for #1 from here onwards.
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 18:47   #12
Willzzz
Legion Idle Master

Willzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud ofWillzzz has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzambo
with the dramatic roid losses jenova suffered today you might be better doing a daily report until ticks stop
Funny you should bring this up. Correct we had major lossess today, due to of course Rock, VSN ND and a bit of orbit launching on us. I have to admit guys it was quite well organised. Problem was, a lot of you seem to not understand though not to land if it means killing all of your ships (ie we had a lot of suiciders) You can probably tell becuase we lost a huge -16% on roids but only -0.05% on score. Like to add this was also due to quite a rather big planet leaving in tag. (i hate those players)

So i will give credit where credit is due. You did an excellent job on roiding us, however, you didnt do to well with suiciding.

Played: Round 1-13. PA Team: Round 13-17. The Return: Round 18-19. PA Team: Round 20. Return.. Again: Round 21-37 Retired: Round 38 Returned: Round 39-45 Retired: Round 45 Returned: Round: 56

p3nguin Founder
Willzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 21:27   #13
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
With only TGV and Conspiracy realistically left to challenge Vengeance for the #1 spot, the current political alliances (Vengeance/TGV/Jenova vs CT & pals) surely won't last much longer. There's certainly nothing left in it for TGV anymore, they really should be angling for #1 from here onwards.

I dont see why we should decide to turn and backstab VGN just because they are winning. The Triad won the round, and whomever ends on top of VGN and TGV has the other to thank for it, so no, we wont break our nap with them. Winning isnt everything.
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 21:56   #14
Talin
Mildly Amused

Talin will become famous soon enoughTalin will become famous soon enough

Except this is not round five, blocks don't win anymore, "The Triad" was merely a coop to get rid of one of the contenders, and VGN will (as it stands) win alone?
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 22:09   #15
hylands
The beertender

hylands is on a distinguished road

talin ct wasn't the only contender halfway of the round there were 6 contenders still 3 allied to eachother the other 3 also. and well the tgv/jen/vgn "BLOCK" won the match with all 3 in top 4 and if lucky places 1 and 2
r14 Veneratio later vengeance
r15-r20Vengeance HC(r19-20)
r21 finally piece and quiet(round off)
r22 rehired at Vengeance as BC
r23 EXI scorp whore
r24 to 27 XVX
r27 to 31 Vengeance HC
r32 till now Tides of Vengeance spirit
hylands is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 22:17   #16
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talin
Except this is not round five, blocks don't win anymore, "The Triad" was merely a coop to get rid of one of the contenders, and VGN will (as it stands) win alone?
oh im sorry mister oldschool moron, i didnt know that pre pax rounds had copyrights on the blockwars.

If you had any knowledge of what had been going on this round you would have known that this was a classic blockwar round.
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 22:22   #17
Talin
Mildly Amused

Quote:
oh im sorry mister oldschool moron, i didnt know that pre pax rounds had copyrights on the blockwars.
Funny, I would've thought that forced tag limits, tag score, and relevant alliance rankings (all of which you seem to support) made it pretty obvious that in the current setup, #1 ranked alliance wins, and other alliances lose?
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 22:23   #18
hylands
The beertender

hylands is on a distinguished road

the top spot has been changing till yesterday
r14 Veneratio later vengeance
r15-r20Vengeance HC(r19-20)
r21 finally piece and quiet(round off)
r22 rehired at Vengeance as BC
r23 EXI scorp whore
r24 to 27 XVX
r27 to 31 Vengeance HC
r32 till now Tides of Vengeance spirit
hylands is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 22:29   #19
Talin
Mildly Amused

And it can keep changing until the very last tick, but I still don't see how can you fit two or three alliances into it. Only one will eventually win.

Wheter the alliances involved choose to make it happen by luck/stockpiles, or by actually trying to claim the win for themselves. The choice is up to you, as are the consequences.
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 23:07   #20
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

gzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant futuregzambo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willzzz
Funny you should bring this up. Correct we had major lossess today, due to of course Rock, VSN ND and a bit of orbit launching on us. I have to admit guys it was quite well organised. Problem was, a lot of you seem to not understand though not to land if it means killing all of your ships (ie we had a lot of suiciders) You can probably tell becuase we lost a huge -16% on roids but only -0.05% on score. Like to add this was also due to quite a rather big planet leaving in tag. (i hate those players)

So i will give credit where credit is due. You did an excellent job on roiding us, however, you didnt do to well with suiciding.
dunno bout the others but i dont think we suffered too much by suiciding (as you call it ) on jen planets
and funnily enough all those alliances that you mention show score gains not losses according to sandmans
claiming your low score gain was attributed to losing a player yet you still have 70 in tag , is this finally an admission by jenova hc that you have abused the support planet rule

-Rommel
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 23:11   #21
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
dunno bout the others but i dont think we suffered too much by suiciding (as you call it ) on jen planets
and funnily enough all those alliances that you mention show score gains not losses according to sandmans
claiming your low score gain was attributed to losing a player yet you still have 70 in tag , is this finally an admission by jenova hc that you have abused the support planet rule
Apperantly VGN has a support alliance where one of the members have had 45% of all his deffleets being sendt to VGN!
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 23:13   #22
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

Quote:
Apperantly VGN has a support alliance where one of the members have had 45% of all his deffleets being sendt to VGN!
wtf has that got to do with jenova's losses today

or was this a very bad attempt at humour by you

-Rommel
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 23:38   #23
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
wtf has that got to do with jenova's losses today

or was this a very bad attempt at humour by you
well, your attempt at framing jenova for having supportplanets based on what you just said was pretty pretty shite, so i thought you needed company down there.
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 23:40   #24
furball

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
I dont see why we should decide to turn and backstab VGN just because they are winning. The Triad won the round, and whomever ends on top of VGN and TGV has the other to thank for it, so no, we wont break our nap with them. Winning isnt everything.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Talin

Welcome to the effect of alliance rankings, Kargool. When people look back on Round 22, they won't see TGV's involvement. They won't respect whatever TGV for 'The Triad', they'll just see Vengeance occupying the #1 spot and think no more of it.

So don't delude yourself. Yes, before we had alliance rankings then blocks could be credited with the win. That's not the case anymore, all anyone will do is look at 1st place and the name of the alliance occupying that rank.

It makes no sense at all not to go for the win at this point in time, none whatsoever.
Unread 8 Aug 2007, 23:51   #25
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

Quote:
well, your attempt at framing jenova for having supportplanets based on what you just said was pretty pretty shite, so i thought you needed company down there.
maybe your one of the few people this round who didnt hear that jenova had listed over 70 players as jenova members on their own arbiter , said arbiter that very many people access due to the username and password of cisco (jenova hc ) being public until he had the sense to change it

so you can be assured that there was no humour in my post its a know fact (i suggest you look that word up as you dont seemto be able to grasp its meaning) that jenova have played all round with more than 70 members

ps as furball said , no-one remembers 2nd and they dont give bonus points or fanfare's for being in a block these days

-Rommel
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 00:04   #26
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Welcome to the effect of alliance rankings, Kargool. When people look back on Round 22, they won't see TGV's involvement. They won't respect whatever TGV for 'The Triad', they'll just see Vengeance occupying the #1 spot and think no more of it.

So don't delude yourself. Yes, before we had alliance rankings then blocks could be credited with the win. That's not the case anymore, all anyone will do is look at 1st place and the name of the alliance occupying that rank.

It makes no sense at all not to go for the win at this point in time, none whatsoever.
That is a somewhat lame statement, there will be a lot of people who will remember what has happend during previous rounds, but I guess you who maybe feel somewhat out of touch with the community wont understand this.

However, winning by backstabbing has never been a preferred hobby of mine, and the politics of this round will maybe be brought into next round too, who knows.

You cant really say that we are not willing to go for first just because we're not willing to attack an alliance that we have napped. Your reasoning is based on the fact that winning is the only thing that matters, maybe it is that for you, but its not they way TGV plays, and never will be.
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 00:07   #27
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
maybe your one of the few people this round who didnt hear that jenova had listed over 70 players as jenova members on their own arbiter , said arbiter that very many people access due to the username and password of cisco (jenova hc ) being public until he had the sense to change it

so you can be assured that there was no humour in my post its a know fact (i suggest you look that word up as you dont seemto be able to grasp its meaning) that jenova have played all round with more than 70 members

ps as furball said , no-one remembers 2nd and they dont give bonus points or fanfare's for being in a block these days

Well, we still finish above you, does that mean you suck even worse?

GO play with your legos for gods sake before you make a fool out of yourself. Oh. nevermind, too late for that.

What you claim is Jenova having supportplanets have been reviewed by the multihunters and we just have to put our faith in that they are actually doing their job, not that it really matters as Jenova isnt winning either.

You are the one who urgently needs to tell the world that they have supportplanets, wasnt there something you said about nobody remembering anyone who didnt finish first? Who cares what Jenova have done then.

Semantics from a useless moron is always fun.
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 00:16   #28
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

Quote:
Well, we still finish above you, does that mean you suck even worse?

GO play with your legos for gods sake before you make a fool out of yourself. Oh. nevermind, too late for that.

What you claim is Jenova having supportplanets have been reviewed by the multihunters and we just have to put our faith in that they are actually doing their job, not that it really matters as Jenova isnt winning either.

You are the one who urgently needs to tell the world that they have supportplanets, wasnt there something you said about nobody remembering anyone who didnt finish first? Who cares what Jenova have done then.

Semantics from a useless moron is always fun.
your the one thats blabbering on about the triad winning this rd so dont insult my intelligence with your stupidity
your attempt to be the triads cheerleading squad has failed miserably
be content that tgv will be remembered this round but not as a member of the triad but as fence-sitters who napped the whole universe

-Rommel
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 00:30   #29
furball

Quote:
That is a somewhat lame statement, there will be a lot of people who will remember what has happend during previous rounds, but I guess you who maybe feel somewhat out of touch with the community wont understand this.
A nice dig at my retirement, well played but I really couldn't give a shit. It's fairly obvious that nothing has really changed - anyway, riddle me this, who won Round 10.5, FAnG or FPM?

Quote:
However, winning by backstabbing has never been a preferred hobby of mine, and the politics of this round will maybe be brought into next round too, who knows.
Winning is winning, it's simply a question of fortitude. You can win this round, there's nothing stopping you aside from having the guts to do so.

If Vengeance were in the position you're in, they'd go for you no questions asked. You wouldn't even be able to complain about their decision to break the NAP, since it'd hardly be unexpected.

Do you really think that Vengeance haven't considered that you might attack them? Perhaps they're considering attacking you on one of the last nights to make sure that you don't overtake them - after all, the best defence is a good offence.

Quote:
You cant really say that we are not willing to go for first just because we're not willing to attack an alliance that we have napped. Your reasoning is based on the fact that winning is the only thing that matters, maybe it is that for you, but its not they way TGV plays, and never will be.
Did Reunion ever get any credit for their Round 14 alliance with 1up? No. Did NewDawn get credit for taking the lead in Round 15 and trying to war against eXilition before they succumbed to the inevitable? Yes. But for the Ascendancy victory, would NewDawn have been given a lot of credit for putting up a strong fight against 1up? Undoubtedly. Were Omen given credit for the effort they put in in Round 17? Certainly. Were all Round 19 alliances that weren't eXilition laughed at for not doing anything about them until it was too late? Yes they were...actually I'm still lolling now.

Perhaps my point might get through to you, perhaps not. However, I've attempted to produce evidence to show that where alliances have a chance of going for #1 and not taking them, they never look good in retrospect.
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 00:35   #30
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:

Did Reunion ever get any credit for their Round 14 alliance with 1up? No. Did NewDawn get credit for taking the lead in Round 15 and trying to war against eXilition before they succumbed to the inevitable? Yes. But for the Ascendancy victory, would NewDawn have been given a lot of credit for putting up a strong fight against 1up? Undoubtedly. Were Omen given credit for the effort they put in in Round 17? Certainly. Were all Round 19 alliances that weren't eXilition laughed at for not doing anything about them until it was too late? Yes they were...actually I'm still lolling now.
Werent you the one that said people who finish second doesnt get rememberd, and here you are, telling about lots of alliances that finished second. You bore me with your arguments really.
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 00:36   #31
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
your the one thats blabbering on about the triad winning this rd so dont insult my intelligence with your stupidity
your attempt to be the triads cheerleading squad has failed miserably
be content that tgv will be remembered this round but not as a member of the triad but as fence-sitters who napped the whole universe
And as you know all about whats going on in the universe mr I know Jack shit, im sure everyone falls in line to follow the great Gzambo into nothingness.
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 00:43   #32
furball

Quote:
Werent you the one that said people who finish second doesnt get rememberd, and here you are, telling about lots of alliances that finished second. You bore me with your arguments really.
In history the name of the round winner will always come first. I never pretended otherwise. Coming second is never as great an achievement as coming first.

When people look closer at the history of a round, they also remember how the #1 alliance got there - the battles they fought (or didn't fight), and the political motivations behind those battles. That was why I gave examples of when alliances had proudly finished second and when alliances had finished second in name only. Round 17 Omen are the former, Round 19 NewDawn are the latter.

Don't do a NewDawn.
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 01:02   #33
gzambo
Fightin-irish for life

Quote:
And as you know all about whats going on in the universe mr I know Jack shit, im sure everyone falls in line to follow the great Gzambo into nothingness.
you know its easy to see wen the person your arguing with knows your right , they resort to personal insults

congrats on napping your way into the top 5

-Rommel
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 01:18   #34
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
After Insomnia waking up and deciding to wanting to play again others have followed suit.
Ministry have declared that they are playing, and there are strong rumors that both Destiny and eXilition are gonna play round 23.
I thought Insomnia and Destiny were the same...
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 01:22   #35
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The only winner will be the alliance at the top of the rankings... this 'triad' excuse is laughable, and your insults won't make it any more serious.
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 05:48   #36
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil
The only winner will be the alliance at the top of the rankings... this 'triad' excuse is laughable, and your insults won't make it any more serious.
Well, its not an excuse the way I see it, its the defintion of what we did this round. The credit of someone winning a round should go where the credit is due.
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 06:53   #37
Gerbie2
Alive and kicking

Gerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to allGerbie2 is a name known to all

The 'triad' has been losing roids lately due to the many alliances targetting them. And CT is close on TGVs tail. I doubt CT would offer TGV the rounds victory on a silver platter in case of a backstab. So I doubt TGV can win if they decided to face CT + its many allies alone and backstab VGN.
Gerbie2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 08:57   #38
Mek
InSomniac

Mek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to beholdMek is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I thought Insomnia and Destiny were the same...
nope. When inSomnia anounced they were not playing (start of r18) the core split in several directions. Most stayed together and went to Escape or eXilition.

Then round 19 i took a small core to play for ToF as a Battlegroup

Round 20 Destiny was formed with about 25 or so ex InSomnia players in the ranks. Destiny command, iirc, contained only 1 ex InSomnia command in antigone, rest were officers.

Destiny, as im sure, wouldnt like to be labled as 'inSomnia v2.0'

and tbh it isnt inSomnia without Jonas, a player who never played the round with Destiny

Runner up in the InSomnia 'Drunkest HC' competition - Currently on the wagon

Elysium | HR | eXilition | OuZo | ND | InSomnia | DLR

db battlegroup founder and spiritual leader

Sexytime HC of Belgians (#s3xytime)

Not so retired anymore....
Mek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 09:37   #39
Makhil

Quote:
The credit of someone winning a round should go where the credit is due.
I agree, but there is only 1 winner... the one at the top. Could be TGV, could be VGN, can't be both.
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 11:26   #40
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
I agree, but there is only 1 winner... the one at the top. Could be TGV, could be VGN, can't be both.

Technically it could be a draw
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 12:01   #41
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Well, its not an excuse the way I see it, its the defintion of what we did this round. The credit of someone winning a round should go where the credit is due.
That's really just utter crap. During the last few rounds we've heard enough of that "true winner"/"real winner" -rant. Really, the real winner is the one on the top of the table, the others didn't win. If you're using "definition of what you did" this round as a reason why you should be the winner, you should really look at what you did wrong, and why you aren't the winner. If you're not the winner, there's a reason to it - if it's the fact that you're being hit by a block, then it's your loss, and your failure to prevent it.

Quote:
When people look closer at the history of a round, they also remember how the #1 alliance got there - the battles they fought (or didn't fight), and the political motivations behind those battles.
Yeah. Evidently, the winner picked the correct fights to fight, and didn't fight the fights they shouldn't have fought - after all, they did end up winning.

fixed.

Last edited by Tietäjä; 9 Aug 2007 at 13:28.
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 12:38   #42
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
That's really just utter crap. During the last few rounds we've heard enough of that "true winner"/"real winner" -rant. Really, the real winner is the one on the top of the table, the others didn't win. If you're using "definition of what you did" this round as a reason why you should be the winner, you should really look at what you did wrong, and why you aren't the winner. If you're not the winner, there's a reason to it - if it's the fact that you're being hit by a block, then it's your loss, and your failure to prevent it.
Why ofc, the one of the three alliances that co-operated and ended first will win the round, and the two others wont, I was just pointing out that most likely wouldnt either TGV nor VGN end where they did if they hadnt co-operated. I was not saying TGV deserved the win more than VGN or vice versa.
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 12:58   #43
Cooling
Tilting at windmills

Cooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himCooling is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Lets be honest guys. The only serious battle this round is the Total Roids Lost race. At this point I think Jester has it all but tied up.
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 13:19   #44
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Technically it could be a draw
Now that would be an event.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 13:25   #45
furball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tietäjä
Quote:
When people look closer at the history of a round, they also remember how the #1 alliance got there - the battles they fought (or didn't fight), and the political motivations behind those battles.
Yeah. Evidently, the winner picked the correct fights to fight, and didn't fight the fights they shouldn't have fought - after all, they did end up winning.
Er, I said that not Kargool

Quote:
Why ofc, the one of the three alliances that co-operated and ended first will win the round, and the two others wont, I was just pointing out that most likely wouldnt either TGV nor VGN end where they did if they hadnt co-operated. I was not saying TGV deserved the win more than VGN or vice versa.
So why not put yourself in a situation where you deserve the win? You are within touching distance of the #1 spot and with appropriate political manouvering can make sure that you hold it to the end of the round.

DON'T YOU WANT TO WIN OR SOMETHING????
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 13:36   #46
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Er, I said that not Kargool

So why not put yourself in a situation where you deserve the win? You are within touching distance of the #1 spot and with appropriate political manouvering can make sure that you hold it to the end of the round.

DON'T YOU WANT TO WIN OR SOMETHING????
I sure hope you never get to HC an alliance ever again. I would hate to have dealings with an alliance with you as HC whom could turn on your partners whenever you saw it fit.
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 13:36   #47
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooling
Lets be honest guys. The only serious battle this round is the Total Roids Lost race. At this point I think Jester has it all but tied up.
Hmm, do i smell a new rule coming up? No longer allowed to initiate roids in the thousands to win the lost roids race?

Unread 9 Aug 2007, 14:01   #48
furball

Quote:
I sure hope you never get to HC an alliance ever again. I would hate to have dealings with an alliance with you as HC whom could turn on your partners whenever you saw it fit.
That sounds like fighting talk to me. Didn't think you had it in you.

As I said already, Vengeance would be fools to have not considered the possibility that you and/or Jenova might choose to break the alliance. I'm not sure on what basis you negotiated the alliance initally, but if you agreed for it to be a permanent alliance with a mutual defence agreement (so that if Alliance C attacks Alliance B, Alliance A will defend Alliance B) then I'd say that that's nothing but foolish politics.

Would you be condemned for breaking the alliance if you chose to do so at this point, in an attempt to go for the win? I don't think so.
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 14:11   #49
AdmV0rl0n

Quote:
That sounds like fighting talk to me. Didn't think you had it in you.

As I said already, Vengeance would be fools to have not considered the possibility that you and/or Jenova might choose to break the alliance. I'm not sure on what basis you negotiated the alliance initally, but if you agreed for it to be a permanent alliance with a mutual defence agreement (so that if Alliance C attacks Alliance B, Alliance A will defend Alliance B) then I'd say that that's nothing but foolish politics.

Would you be condemned for breaking the alliance if you chose to do so at this point, in an attempt to go for the win? I don't think so.
Whats the point in having alliances limited to 70 if people simply sideline it by large scale political agreements?

If you have mutual defensive pacts, then thats just support planets on mass driving trucks through any premise of 70 player limits or anything else.

Course, many of you are going to post denying this. So don't bother. You don't need to say it, its already understood.

Ad
Unread 9 Aug 2007, 14:11   #50
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Its hardly turning on partners though. These partnership agreements arent supposed to be things set in stone, they are supposed to be fluid so that once the aim of the partnership is achieved (which I would say you had achieved) then all bets should have been off and it should have been a fight to the finish
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote