User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Strategic Discussions

Unread 13 Dec 2012, 11:39   #1
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice
Good old statsets!

Which set of stats have been seen as good, round 24-49?

Last edited by Plaguuu; 13 Dec 2012 at 15:08.
Plaguuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2012, 12:14   #2
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of
Re: Good old statsets!

r30!
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2012, 12:43   #3
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

See also: http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=199303
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2012, 13:35   #4
Plaguuu

Plaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nicePlaguuu is just really nice

thx mz Ill keep the discussion in this topic tho since I want to only figure from 29 and out due to 5 races/mt, so we can help staff in shedding light on which stats to tweak for r50

Only one round mentioned was from patrikc who mentioned r29/r38(r29 tweak)

Quote:
I really liked r29 stats , which we tweaked and used again in r38. r29 Xan Fi was dominant, r38 Xan Fi was nerfed too hard and we barely saw any. Both rounds though you saw most if not all fleets used in some form or manner (except Xan Fi in the latter). Cat Co won r38, though mostly due to roidracing in a stale political environment, otherwise Ter/Etd would probably have done the best.
Unread 13 Dec 2012, 13:36   #5
Plaguuu

Nice if people build up the statement of the round they choose with some info on what was so good about it, and also things that were bad about em.
Unread 13 Dec 2012, 14:26   #6
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

iirc r14 was a fun round. All had a stealship... Might not have been balanced ( dont remember anymore ) but I remember the round to be somewhat fun!

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
<JC`> i sent him a msg saying Wishmaster 0wns, so he recalled
Wishmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Dec 2012, 15:32   #7
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
iirc r14 was a fun round. All had a stealship... Might not have been balanced ( dont remember anymore ) but I remember the round to be somewhat fun!
Fun!? In PA? You're clearly in the wrong place.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 00:00   #8
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

All races having the steal option does have one "advantage". It means that all races have better opportunities for cheating.

I'm on the record as being in favour of removing stealing from the game altogether. Obviously, I'm in a minority - or a very silent majority.
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
ArcChas is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 00:04   #9
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

ArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud ofArcChas has much to be proud of

To add a more "on topic" comment - the last set of stats I remember being impressed with was the last set produced by Mz (I can't remember which round that was off the top of my head).
Knights of the Green Shield R99 | Look Out of The Window R100 | Most of All R102
Hard of Hearing (2:7:1) R103 | The Lateness of Your Application (1:6:6) R104 | Kinnison of Tellus (5:1:2) R105
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 00:11   #10
Mzyxptlk
mz.

The only stats I ever made I posted here last month.
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 02:45   #11
Hunterrrr
Blah Blah Blah

Hunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura aboutHunterrrr has a spectacular aura about

Round 44 cause even i managed to finish 4th.
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 02:50   #12
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

I also Like R29/38 stats. We'd just need to change a few ships to make some of the classes different.

The stats were quite a bit BS heavy and I would like to see that changed a bit.
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 03:56   #13
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

For R50 i'm all for MZ brand new set.
First coz he put a lot of work into it and shared it with us early.
Second coz it's a very good set.

Your idea of using an old set is ok, but for r51 onward... It should not take priority over a good original work. Though I don't understand your logic: choosing the best set to tweak it ???

Last edited by Makhil; 14 Dec 2012 at 04:02.
Makhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 07:36   #14
Plaguuu

Apocco already stated that mz set will be used in r51 and an old set tweaked in r50 so need to dwell over that
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 08:16   #15
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Where did he state that??

Tbh that is the worst thing he could do for rd 50. Unless it was something completely nostalgic like using round 1's stats there no reason to rehash a set for a landmark round.

Also given that the last few times appoco has rehashed a set or done anything more than a few eff tweaks on a set of stats we have a had shit round.

I want to play rd 50 with mz's stats. They are a good mix of freshness and harking back to the old days with the massive cost differences for each class
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 09:04   #16
Mzyxptlk
mz.

There's nothing fundamentally wrong with tweaking and reusing an old set of stats, though it does require remembering what needed tweaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makhil View Post
First coz he put a lot of work into it and shared it with us early.
I appreciate the vote of support, but this is a bad reason. Your other reasons were much better.
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 09:05   #17
ArcChas
General (Adjective Army)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
The only stats I ever made I posted here last month.
That just shows how good (bad) my memory is these days.
I was probably thinking of JGB but I'm not certain even of that.
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 09:08   #18
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Should ask him, the man has the memory of a herd of elephants.
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 09:37   #19
Makhil

Makhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to beholdMakhil is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
There's nothing fundamentally wrong with tweaking and reusing an old set of stats, though it does require remembering what needed tweaking.
Especially if the set chosen is supposed to have been the Best Ever...

Quote:
I appreciate the vote of support, but this is a bad reason. Your other reasons were much better.
Maybe not as good a reason as the second point, but showing some respect to people who care enough to contribute is a good reason in my book.
Plaguuu's crusade is badly timed and his motivations are dubious.

We have an original set ready (just need a final polish). There's no reason for starting a new process that will take more time and without any guarantee of bringing a better set in the end.
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 09:44   #20
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Well, regardless of what you want, we're nearing the point where the decision is taken from you. Signups open on the 4th, if my stats are to be used for that round, then I want to have them finished before then. I would like to have about 2 weeks for the final balancing act, and I imagine that reusing an old set of stats takes about as long. That leaves us (or you, rather, as I'm fine with the current decision) with a week to convince Appoco. Go forth.
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 10:09   #21
Makhil

Appocco is smart enough to see the light.
A new set is a message saying: there's still life in this game and people who care enough to improve it.
An old set will mean, we're done there's nothing much we can do, let's use old sets until Spinner's new game is ready.
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 10:28   #22
TheoDD
Othello Champion, Solitaire Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion

TheoDD has a spectacular aura aboutTheoDD has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Especially if the set chosen is supposed to have been the Best Ever...

Maybe not as good a reason as the second point, but showing some respect to people who care enough to contribute is a good reason in my book.
Plaguuu's crusade is badly timed and his motivations are dubious.

We have an original set ready (just need a final polish). There's no reason for starting a new process that will take more time and without any guarantee of bringing a better set in the end.

To Makhil: Can you stay on topic? Only thing you contribute with is spam tbh... Keep it in the mz stat thread instead. Same goes for every other person that wants to spam their opinions off topic.

Been using hours looking through the old stats sets, and the set that seems most reasonable to modify is the 29 and 38 set(s).
I think they made some bad changes and kept it unbalanced, when they tweaked it the first time.

Would love for opinions about other sets that could be reused with some smaller tweaks, just to balance the unbalanced. Hopefully JBG gets time and reads this thread aswell, so he can contribute with his wisdom and history.

So far no other suggestions than r29/r38 and r30 that meets the requirements. (MT/Mix)
Just thought i should add that so people know what we are looking for.
TheoDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 10:58   #23
Wishmaster
LDK

Wishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himWishmaster is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Why would it HAVE to be from r24-> ?

ETD is and always has been a stupid addition if thats your reason.
Did other game mechanics change then? I understand we cant use r1-9.5 stats...

Quote:
I would give me right testicle to be in a gal with you wishmaster!!! wonder if thatd be enough to bribe spinner with hmmmm
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 11:04   #24
TheoDD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaster View Post
Why would it HAVE to be from r24-> ?

ETD is and always has been a stupid addition if thats your reason.
Did other game mechanics change then? I understand we cant use r1-9.5 stats...
5 races & MT / Mix stats are the requirements. Could redo a ST set entirely and add targets... but then its just not reusing that rounds stats... its making an entirely new set...
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 11:50   #25
Wishmaster
LDK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoDD View Post
5 races & MT / Mix stats are the requirements. Could redo a ST set entirely and add targets... but then its just not reusing that rounds stats... its making an entirely new set...
Would be nice if that was actually stated in OP ( or somewhere else for that matter ) before you start whining at people to stay on topic...

Quote:
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 11:54   #26
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguuu View Post
I want to only figure from 29 and out due to 5 races/mt, so we can help staff in shedding light on which stats to tweak for r50
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 11:55   #27
Wishmaster
LDK

I stand corrected. My bad!

Quote:
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 12:22   #28
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

ohh c'mon r38's set was crap, ETD FR/DE were way overpowered and the only reason cath CO won was because politics enabled them. Saying CR/BS was good and used in this round is true up to the point of them not being able to land at all, and no real contender being CR/BS.

I'd personally favor r41's stats, as they enabled play for both FI/CO and CR/BS alliances.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 13:15   #29
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Round 37 was pretty good
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 13:24   #30
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Kaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud ofKaiba has much to be proud of

Everyone has personal opinions based on their own/their alliances achievements that round! Hence why we must have a new set or just let them be picked by someone impartial in the pa team
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 13:38   #31
Blue_Esper

Blue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of lightBlue_Esper is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
Everyone has personal opinions based on their own/their alliances achievements that round! Hence why we must have a new set or just let them be picked by someone impartial in the pa team
or have a poll and have people vote on which stats they want majority rules and all the democracy stuff
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 16:17   #32
Plaguuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influence View Post
ohh c'mon r38's set was crap, ETD FR/DE were way overpowered and the only reason cath CO won was because politics enabled them. Saying CR/BS was good and used in this round is true up to the point of them not being able to land at all, and no real contender being CR/BS.

I'd personally favor r41's stats, as they enabled play for both FI/CO and CR/BS alliances.
The problem with r41 was that even if you went fi / bs you still had to be terran to do good Terran totally dominated this round with 30 of the top 40 ranks. I dont know if a such terran favored set is a good starting point for tweaking.

And yeah in r38 cath co wining doesnt mean its op ofc, even if they had top 2 spots there was no other caths in top 30. And Terran bs was good, and etd frde is looking strong too, but I havent calced their emp eff. If this stats were to be used etd and terran would have to been slightly nerfed, and zik xan and perhaps cath would have to be slightly buffed.
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 16:21   #33
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Esper View Post
or have a poll and have people vote on which stats they want majority rules and all the democracy stuff
This is a terrible idea. Most people wouldn't recognize a set of stats if it hit them in the face and slept with their mother.
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 16:57   #34
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Yet again I bring up the issue with rehashing stats. Within each alliance there is ATLEAST someone who is stats savvy. By removing the errors of previous stats, alliances will just pick the best setup from past memory and its will be another boring round.

I don't remember the round number but there was one where a 40 man dlr alliance was basically unroidable when forted with terr bs + pegs. From my memory it was a good stat set so would probably be in the mix for being used, and I would hazard we would have a whole universe of terrans
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 17:35   #35
Plaguuu

Kaiba and rest plz stick to topic, I dont wanna read 5 posts about if its a good idea or not to revamp stats before a find a decent post, I'm not saying its a discussion that should'nt be made, cause it obviously is, just not here. Make a new thread for it since its obviously needed, this is a thread to shed light on good stats which can be reused, and the discussion around whats good and bad about thoose stats. And please dont respond to this post either unless you're bringing some ontopic post.
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 17:37   #36
TheoDD

Quote:
Yet again I bring up the issue with rehashing stats. Within each alliance there is ATLEAST someone who is stats savvy. By removing the errors of previous stats, alliances will just pick the best setup from past memory and its will be another boring round.

I don't remember the round number but there was one where a 40 man dlr alliance was basically unroidable when forted with terr bs + pegs. From my memory it was a good stat set so would probably be in the mix for being used, and I would hazard we would have a whole universe of terrans
Funny how most alliances go different strats every round, if everyone has ATLEAST someone who is stats savvy
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 17:42   #37
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Round 37 was pretty good
I think that was a good set yeah
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 18:09   #38
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

r36 anyone?

Made by JBG and he's probably aware on what kind of changes would have to be made.

3 podclasses per race \o/
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 20:06   #39
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Funny how most alliances go different strats every round, if everyone has ATLEAST someone who is stats savvy
Everyone has initial observations on unplayed stats and that's why you get different alliance setups. But give it 1177 ticks and there is a common consensus on what was shit and what wasn't. If the stats were played a second time then the majority would go with what turned out to be most immune to incs... IPso facto... Boring round of pa.
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 20:35   #40
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plaguuu View Post
Kaiba and rest plz stick to topic, I dont wanna read 5 posts about if its a good idea or not to revamp stats before a find a decent post, I'm not saying its a discussion that should'nt be made, cause it obviously is, just not here. Make a new thread for it since its obviously needed, this is a thread to shed light on good stats which can be reused, and the discussion around whats good and bad about thoose stats. And please dont respond to this post either unless you're bringing some ontopic post.
Ohhhhh sorry...

I choose rd 49.. My alliance were awesome then so ill also remember those stats as being great....

See this is the fundamental issue with your question. Stats have little bearing on the actual playability of a round (yes they have some ofc but mainly it the players activity that decides things)

Taking last round as the example if ultores and fang ( the two most active alliances ) had gone xan fi then terrans would not have ranked as high as they because of the early to mid round targeting of terrans with big ass banshee fleets. The round would have had the same outcome alliance ranking wise, probably the same gal win. Planet ranks again is down to activity and the same ppl would have been near the top, xan would be remembered as awesome in the records because it would have dominated the top 100 and the winners would have played it...

So as I have tried to explain to you asking what the best stats were is a moot point, it's just asking what was the round you remember most fondly in general for personal reasons that is all.

So before you criticise people for their answers maybe you should have asked the right question in the OP
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 20:51   #41
Tiamat101

Tiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the roughTiamat101 is a jewel in the rough

Wow... Kia and what little respect for you that I had left... Just gone. Stay out of this thread and crawl back into your hole.

Personally I don't care what set of stats you use just make sure you fix the imbalances in it.
Unread 14 Dec 2012, 23:56   #42
Blue_Esper

Quote:
This is a terrible idea. Most people wouldn't recognize a set of stats if it hit them in the face and slept with their mother.
the difference being?
Unread 15 Dec 2012, 00:28   #43
Kaiba
Valle is my hero

Quote:
the difference being?
He means if you have a poll then you have the uneducated voting and then there is a real chance of abuse or the moronic masses picking an awful set.
Unread 15 Dec 2012, 02:14   #44
Blue_Esper

Quote:
He means if you have a poll then you have the uneducated voting and then there is a real chance of abuse or the moronic masses picking an awful set.
if that's what the people want then whats the problem?
Unread 15 Dec 2012, 02:47   #45
TheoDD

Asking people to stay on topic is clearly pointless, and do you speak for the entire people Blue_Esper? Did everyone come tell you that's what they want?
Noone besides you have said they wanted to vote over it, and too add another point on the matter... Did anyone state it was an option? I don't mean to sound harsh or rude... but you guys are so off topic as it could get.
Unread 15 Dec 2012, 05:40   #46
Makhil

The topic itself is off topic. We had a set ready for R50. Asking people to pick another one from 20+ possible past sets is clearly badly timed (I don't now what's Plaguuu's real motives here) and should be discussed for future rounds past 50. Open a new discussion respecting that.
If we are to use an old set for r51 and later I'd prefer we use a bad set and tweak it to make it better rather than the best set to tweak it and make a mess of it.
Unread 15 Dec 2012, 05:57   #47
Influence
Finally retired

Influence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to beholdInfluence is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The topic itself is off topic. We had a set ready for R50. Asking people to pick another one from 20+ possible past sets is clearly badly timed (I don't now what's Plaguuu's real motives here) and should be discussed for future rounds past 50. Open a new discussion respecting that.
If we are to use an old set for r51 and later I'd prefer we use a bad set and tweak it to make it better rather than the best set to tweak it and make a mess of it.
I'm sorry, last rounds set cannot be salvaged.

In the absence of the good old TiT alliance, look me up in VGN
Influence is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2012, 08:11   #48
Blue_Esper

Quote:
Asking people to stay on topic is clearly pointless, and do you speak for the entire people Blue_Esper? Did everyone come tell you that's what they want?
Noone besides you have said they wanted to vote over it, and too add another point on the matter... Did anyone state it was an option? I don't mean to sound harsh or rude... but you guys are so off topic as it could get.
Not about my idea being part of vote or anything, i was suggesting that the selection be made through a poll rather than just the power people making the decisions
Unread 15 Dec 2012, 08:35   #49
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Appoco made it quite clear he wants to reuse an old set for r50. This thread is an attempt to help him pick out a good one. Pretty straightforward. I'm not sure why you keep questionining Plaguuu's "real motives". There is no conspiracy here.
Unread 16 Dec 2012, 22:03   #50
Tiamat101

[13:01] <Tia> ok then when do we get to know which old stat set your going to mid?
[13:01] <Tia> mod*
[13:02] <@Appocomaster> not yet
[13:02] <@Appocomaster> that's going to be for r51
[13:02] <Tia> so your using mz's stats?
[13:03] <@Appocomaster> yes

End Of discussion