User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 12 Sep 2008, 03:44   #51
Villeh
Ubi concordia, ibi victor

Villeh is on a distinguished road
Re: Lets Get This Round Started - Fence Sitting Over

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nestorn View Post
Since ur so elegantly slagging us off, mind telling the peons of ND which allys that have been getting in touch with us, try to work out a war against ascendancy? And i mean, i trully wanna know, sir. So pls do elaborate
Conspiracy Theory Sir.

* We do not exist *
Villeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 04:33   #52
smith-

smith- is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Since ur so elegantly slagging us off, mind telling the peons of ND which allys that have been getting in touch with us, try to work out a war against ascendancy? And i mean, i trully wanna know, sir. So pls do elaborate
First of all you're a peon in an alliance. Don't be so ****ing stupid to think every time somebody speaks to somebody in charge over there, YOU get told about it. If your own HCs dont want to tell you, why the **** should I?
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 05:08   #53
Nestorn
-||-

Nestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith- View Post
First of all you're a peon in an alliance. Don't be so ****ing stupid to think every time somebody speaks to somebody in charge over there, YOU get told about it. If your own HCs dont want to tell you, why the **** should I?
Talk about having a nice attitude or what? :P As for commenting on the help CT would be, well i wont cause my mom told me "if u aint got anything nice to say, dont say anything at all"
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 06:48   #54
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

to be honest i agree with Smith to a certain extent. Very immature languageskills on that dude though but the point about HCs not talking to their members is tbh quite valid.
Noone really expects their HCs to tell them everything do they? So its yet another thread where someone else then those who actually sit on the facts starts to argue
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 06:54   #55
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Give me one good reason why ND HCs wouldnt tell their members if/when they turned down an offer from CT to cooperate against Ascendancy.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 06:58   #56
HaNzI
Apprime Troll HC

HaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura aboutHaNzI has a spectacular aura about

choose between common sence and "its just how its done"
HaNzI is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 08:46   #57
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villeh View Post
Conspiracy Theory Sir.
You mean CT actually contacted someone to try to get something sorted?
When CB approached CT the answer we got was "you setup a channel, talk to people and get them interested, and we might join."
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 09:13   #58
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaNzI View Post
"its just how its done"
That is a retarded argument. No offense.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 09:22   #59
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Conspiracy Theory Sir.
Not even with their VGN and VSN buddies they ever really hit us. So that shows the amount of willingness Conspiracy Theory have when it comes to waging a war.

From my point of view CT just cooperates with alliances to reduce incoming on their own planets and maybe to share targets in order to avoid double booking. But never ever have I seen Conspiracy Theory going to war.

On the other hand, in an alliance where players like elviz are considered as valuable asset, I would not be surprised if there is a decent lack of self respect.
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 09:39   #60
Mzyxptlk
mz.

CT is the galraid alliance avant la lettre.
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 09:59   #61
Tietäjä
Good Son

Tietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better placeTietäjä single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk View Post
CT is the galraid alliance avant la lettre.
Who actually has done anything distinctly different from galraiding since round 20 or so?
Tietäjä is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 10:40   #62
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Hardly anyone.
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 11:26   #63
wakey
Hamster

wakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himwakey is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaVeRiXX View Post
And Wakey, plz do get some Balls m8 and try to do something fun and suprisingly this round before this game is dead (checked playersbase each round?)...
You mean the same kind of balls that ND have, you know the ones where they are refusing to even try and get CT and VGN to join in while guilt tripping the rest of PA to join in despite it not being their battle.

When the 3 alliances who have a possibility of actually gaining from this cant be arsed to do something proper and would rather sit on the forums and go for PR wins then why should anyone else be expected to help out. Does it really matter to me if Asc wins, or if ND or CT or VgN win. Hell no, none of them are my alliance, we don't have any ties to those alliances or a particularly strong rivalry to make us care either way.

There's more than 1 battle going on, every alliance is fighting their own personal one to come out ontop of their own 'mini league' and the utter contempt that ND have shown here towards every other alliance by trying to guilt trip them into helping is disgusting and downright dirty. For most alliances putting their own battles on the back burner doesn't help them and by doing so its doing ND a favour. If ND want favours then rather than using dirty tactics maybe they should have shown the alliances some respect and asked them to get involved rather than guilt tripping them into involvement.

Ofc they didnt do that as lets be honest here, they dont want to win the round. If they did they would be trying their uttermost to get CT/VGN working with them rather than totally dismissing it with "[21:34] <[ND]SteInMetz> Im not working with CT/VGN". What ND want is the PR win over every other alliance by being seen to being proactive (when its really reactive) and then being able to turn around and accusing alliances of fencesitting in battles that most have no place being involved in so cant be fencesitting.

So basically ND and CT/VGN if you want to try and beat Asc stop throwing your toys out of the pram and actually work together. If you cant do that stop pulling this shit and just admit you aren't interested in beating them. And if you need additional help treat the other alliances with some bloody respect and actually talk to them about help rather than guilt tripping them into helping via public forums
The Farnborough Crew
Cos anything else is just an alliance
Join our public channel at #f-crew
wakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 11:42   #64
Hosie
Look its a useless rank.
Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion

Hosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to all

f-crew wont be joining in then so you may aswell give up ND.

(sorry I cant help but be a low content posting troll, its just who I am mmmk')
Hosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 11:48   #65
Nestorn
-||-

Nestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura aboutNestorn has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakey View Post
You mean the same kind of balls that ND have, you know the ones where they are refusing to even try and get CT and VGN to join in while guilt tripping the rest of PA to join in despite it not being their battle.

When the 3 alliances who have a possibility of actually gaining from this cant be arsed to do something proper and would rather sit on the forums and go for PR wins then why should anyone else be expected to help out. Does it really matter to me if Asc wins, or if ND or CT or VgN win. Hell no, none of them are my alliance, we don't have any ties to those alliances or a particularly strong rivalry to make us care either way.

There's more than 1 battle going on, every alliance is fighting their own personal one to come out ontop of their own 'mini league' and the utter contempt that ND have shown here towards every other alliance by trying to guilt trip them into helping is disgusting and downright dirty. For most alliances putting their own battles on the back burner doesn't help them and by doing so its doing ND a favour. If ND want favours then rather than using dirty tactics maybe they should have shown the alliances some respect and asked them to get involved rather than guilt tripping them into involvement.

Ofc they didnt do that as lets be honest here, they dont want to win the round. If they did they would be trying their uttermost to get CT/VGN working with them rather than totally dismissing it with "[21:34] <[ND]SteInMetz> Im not working with CT/VGN". What ND want is the PR win over every other alliance by being seen to being proactive (when its really reactive) and then being able to turn around and accusing alliances of fencesitting in battles that most have no place being involved in so cant be fencesitting.

So basically ND and CT/VGN if you want to try and beat Asc stop throwing your toys out of the pram and actually work together. If you cant do that stop pulling this shit and just admit you aren't interested in beating them. And if you need additional help treat the other alliances with some bloody respect and actually talk to them about help rather than guilt tripping them into helping via public forums
Ye, getting the chance to roid ascendancy for once is surely a bad thing, when you could stick to roiding orbit or one of those alliances right?
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 12:25   #66
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
Does it really matter to me if Asc wins, or if ND or CT or VgN win. Hell no, none of them are my alliance, we don't have any ties to those alliances or a particularly strong rivalry to make us care either way.
That hurts man. I thought we'd bonded this round.

Quote:
Ye, getting the chance to roid ascendancy for once is surely a bad thing, when you could stick to roiding orbit or one of those alliances right?
And maybe if you were actually trying to maximise those chances to roid us, rather than attempting (and failing) cheap forum pot shots, people might be more willing to join in.

SteInMetz said something about "fence sitting". By this, surely, he only referred to ND's behaviour, because so far, you have been utterly invisible to us. We've not even seen you in our top 5 hostile alliances list; despicable for a top3 alliance. The CT block has at least hit our planets, and CT is easily the most hostile alliance to us, so your newbie bashing allegations are utterly unfounded. In fact, I'm pretty sure I can turn your insult around, by pointing out you must have been hitting somewhere. Since you didn't hit us, you must have been hitting further down the food chain. All hail the saviors of round 28!

And while we're at it, your refusal to search out partners is a hopelessly bad political move. By failing to proactively improve your chances, you have weakened your military power, something you cannot afford when you're the underdog in a conflict. Furthermore, in this topic (and if Wakey's quote is any indication, on IRC as well) both your members and HCs display a remarkable disdain for the alliances you need on your side, as well as the efforts they've put in while you were pissing about on the side lines. You've practically ensured they'll either refrain from picking a side, and possibly even pushed them to join the other side.

It's pretty obvious that this topic was an attempt at propaganda, an attempt to make you look good by "calling for an end to fencing". This makes it seem like you're calling other alliances to do this, while really, they've been hitting us for at least a week now. In that light, this topic is more an announcement than a call for action: "From now on, we'll stop fencing!"
By the way, it's not propaganda in general that I object to, AD needs more life after all. I applaud the effort, though I'm sorry to say your attempt failed miserably.

Actions speak louder than words. Beat us, then we can talk.
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 12:50   #67
damo8
NewDawn HC

damo8 has a spectacular aura aboutdamo8 has a spectacular aura aboutdamo8 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by smith- View Post
I think it's incredibly presumptive to think you know what's going on inside the heads of HCs of alliances you're not in.

I also think NewDawn have been approached on several occasions with the view to working together by a variety of alliances, and each time come up dry. This 'Call to Arms' is a slap in the face to everybody that's spoken to them about working together; only to be ignored.

It's a propegandic post that instead of rallying support from the people who's attention you need to grab (alliance HCs/BCs) - it's insulting and not likely to get a positive response at all.

I tell you what NewDawn - go for it. If you think you can do it alone, please by all means. If you want to come on here and act like the knights in shining armour, at least make sure you're in a position to make such a challenge.

Your activity is worse than Ascendancy's, and your value is much much lower. Trying to take them on alone is a fool's errand, so if you want to fail miserably (which you will) by going it alone, THIS is the exact post you needed to make. Really takes the pressure off if you don't actually stand a chance of succeeding anyway, right?

Who the hell are you?
NewDawn - Scanner - Round 31
NewDawn - HC/Peon - Round 32
VisioN - Peon - Round 33
NewDawn - Peon - Round 33/34
NewDawn - HC - Round 35
damo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 12:58   #68
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

I think that Ascendancy is by far one of the best alliances that have graced the PAX PA. If I were to rank the top 3 alliances in PAX era eXil, 1up and Ascendancy would be my three choices. Now, I've hated ascendancy, I've loathed ascendancy, and I've basically wanted to do anything to screw Ascendancy over, however, having spendt the better part of two rounds in Ascendancy myself, I think that there is no other alliance that can pull off a round like this.

I have no qualms to say that TGV has changed opinions about Ascendancy. And I think its only fit and proper that Ascendancy wins this round, which they will, there is no doubt in my mind about it.

The bickering between the alliances wanting to bring down Ascendancy will simply just continue, no agreement will be properly made, and eventually it will all fizzle out. I expect ND to be back at galraiding this weekend, and not making a proper test towards Ascendancy. Why? Because, there simply isnt enough quality left in the alliances outside Ascendancy to actually pull anything off, let alone a full prolonged targeting of Ascendancy. It simply wont happen.

And before people start saying I'm an Ascendancy lover, I can most certainly say that if I am, it's been a rocky way getting there.
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 12:59   #69
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Man, you're such an Ascendancy lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by damo8 View Post
Who the hell are you?
Does it matter? Are his arguments any less valid just because you don't know who he is?

Last edited by Mzyxptlk; 12 Sep 2008 at 13:12.
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 13:13   #70
damo8
NewDawn HC

damo8 has a spectacular aura aboutdamo8 has a spectacular aura aboutdamo8 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Well he claims to know information about who ND have approached and been approached, i'd like him to tell me more.

As i know exactly what ND has been doing, and we ain't been talking to no dude called smith.
NewDawn - Scanner - Round 31
NewDawn - HC/Peon - Round 32
VisioN - Peon - Round 33
NewDawn - Peon - Round 33/34
NewDawn - HC - Round 35
damo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 13:17   #71
Mzyxptlk
mz.

He has never said you approached him personally, so I'm not sure why you just pulled that out of your hat. What I'm interested in is the truth of his allegations. So far you've ignored them completely. Was ND approached by CT in the past?
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 13:29   #72
Nadar
I see you!

Nadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriendNadar needs a job and a girlfriend

Kargool turning emotional in this thread.

Sticky?
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 13:57   #73
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

gimme an alliance with ppl that wanna attack and i will war 24/7 from tick 200 without being afraid of anyone :P

its so sad that ppl come and post to the forums that they are gettin excited for the first time of the round and its PT600 (something).. its a war game and should have plenty of action throughout all the ticks of the round!! so do this crap earlier next round pls!!

PS: i like the fact that ND had the balls to do it at last!
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 14:14   #74
Nestorn
-||-

Well, the deal is, ND wanted to have a round away from war. Belive it or not, i mean last 2 rounds have been 2 intense was rounds against denial.

Shame on us for not roiding asc continusly from the start, but then again, asc have recruited hard for this round. And i mean that with all the props for asc they can get, respect to get 75+ active ppl. In addition they seem to have cut some deals with TGV at a early stage, meaning they could get even more efficient roiding.

Round wasnt that boring at start, but eventually when u get orders for not attacking asc gals as that might provoke a war, it gets a bit boring

Is that answer enough to your question about why we havent touched you guys before?

And kargool, stick with the hate man, thats so much more you :P

Edit: As for ND politics, i dont know much. But i do know that in war , not many wants to participate. Cause that means they get targeted aswell. Whether we have approached smaller alliancer or not i do not know, but by looking at wakeys reply, i feel confident that he wouldnt dare to help us with more than a gal with 1-2 asc ppl in it. And this is not meant as cocky at all, im just judging this out from this responce
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 14:23   #75
Hosie
Look its a useless rank.
Stuart's Xtreme Skateboarding Champion

Hosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to allHosie is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz View Post
LETS NOT ALL BE GHEY AND SIT ON THE FENCE FOR ONCE.
Quote:

Round wasnt that boring at start, but eventually when u get orders for not attacking asc gals as that might provoke a war, it gets a bit boring
I think steinmetz just came out of the closet!
Hosie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 14:38   #76
neroon

neroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of lightneroon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by neroon View Post
so do this crap earlier next round pls!!
BTW: i meant all alliances not just ND
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 14:53   #77
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
That is hilarious.
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 15:51   #78
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
That is hilarious.
What was more hilarious was ND agreeing to that, CT not targetting us for those 2 days and targetting ND instead. I doubt I could have hoped for a much better result
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 16:05   #79
Linkie
fanboy

Linkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to beholdLinkie is a splendid one to behold

ND, the demolition man is coming for you!

FOUNDER OF THE OFFICIAL ASCENDANCY LADY GAGA FAN CLUB

ASCENDANCY DEMOLITION MAN
Linkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 16:10   #80
Villeh

Quote:
He has never said you approached him personally, so I'm not sure why you just pulled that out of your hat. What I'm interested in is the truth of his allegations. So far you've ignored them completely. Was ND approached by CT in the past?
Several times. And every time the same answer was given: "No. We're doing our own thing" etc etc

* We do not exist *
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 16:12   #81
Villeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kargool View Post
blablabla
You're a puppet and you smell of wee :/

* We do not exist *
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 16:12   #82
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkie View Post
ND, the demolition man is coming for you!
NewDawn will never fall apart over incommings.

And that I am pretty sure you know Linkie.
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 16:23   #83
Vladel
Retired

Vladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really niceVladel is just really nice

It's a game. It isn't as if my life will be ruined by faliure if we don't beat asc.
In all fairness if they do win then good for them.

We intend to make em work for it.

Rnd 26-32 Jenova Denial (BC) Newdawn (HC)

Rnd 33 Retired
Vladel is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 16:34   #84
Villeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless View Post
Not even with their VGN and VSN buddies they ever really hit us. So that shows the amount of willingness Conspiracy Theory have when it comes to waging a war.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzyxptlk
SteInMetz said something about "fence sitting". By this, surely, he only referred to ND's behaviour, because so far, you have been utterly invisible to us. We've not even seen you in our top 5 hostile alliances list; despicable for a top3 alliance. The CT block has at least hit our planets, and CT is easily the most hostile alliance to us, so your newbie bashing allegations are utterly unfounded. In fact, I'm pretty sure I can turn your insult around, by pointing out you must have been hitting somewhere. Since you didn't hit us, you must have been hitting further down the food chain. All hail the saviors of round 28!
CT/VgN/VsN "never really hit you", but CT is "easily the most hostile alliance to Asc".
Man did you guys really have that little incoming so far this round? No wonder you are winning. You have 75 of the 150 active players left in PA, and probably 75% of the "talented" ones, you couldn't loose this round even if you tried (read: challenge!! )

CT is absolutely not 'up to par' this round, and did do some pre-round recruiting that not all members might be too happy about, but even with all the Elviz, and mediocre activity, CT has tried (more than most) to stagnate Asc race ftw (by regularly targeting them and constantly trying to invite other to join) as Asc for the last 600 ticks has been the only #1 runner.
ND has been nothing but fence sitting, newbie bashing wannabees. Shame.
TGV offered themselves as the Asc puppets early on, for reasons only to be speculated on. Shame.

Congrats Ascendancy, you deserve the win, but I bet you yourself would have enjoyed it a lot more if you had had even just a little bit of opposition

* We do not exist *
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 16:40   #85
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Kargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet societyKargool is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
TGV offered themselves as the Asc puppets early on, for reasons only to be speculated on. Shame.
Please elaborate on this as you are talking out of your ass. The amount of times I've had Asc representatives pming me telling me how pissed off they were that we were attacking galaxies with Asc in it is numerous.

I wont deny that in the end we started working with Ascendancy, but only to achieve common goals. (I.E. Twatting one of the biggest cheaters known to PA)

If you are so unhappy about what TGV did this round, why weren't anyone from your alliance approaching TGV? After all, one can only work with someone if they actually contact you
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 16:44   #86
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
CT/VgN/VsN "never really hit you", but CT is "easily the most hostile alliance to Asc".
Man did you guys really have that little incoming so far this round?
Around 3500 incoming fleets so far this round. We expected alot more /o\

What mz meant by 'never really hit' I'd imagine was that they never went all out for us, only hit the galaxies that had several Asc in them, never specifically targeted the Asc only in any way.
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 16:54   #87
Villeh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^ View Post

What mz meant by 'never really hit' I'd imagine was that they never went all out for us, only hit the galaxies that had several Asc in them, never specifically targeted the Asc only in any way.
I believe You were the one saying that

But yeah, I think I understand what you're getting at, and please dear God forgive me for agreeing with game^... but yes ascendancy seem to have been the only alliance actually playing PA this round, everyone else seem to have fallen into the cycle of 'galaxy raids, deliberate fencing and mediocre activity'... almost as one could start missing the Block wars, at least they were wars...

* We do not exist *
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 16:56   #88
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Not to flame or anything.

But Game^ .. 145 calls a night ? since prot ended ?

Lets see some proofs
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 16:59   #89
Villeh

Quote:
If you are so unhappy about what TGV did this round, why weren't anyone from your alliance approaching TGV? After all, one can only work with someone if they actually contact you
I wasn't aware that they hadn't. Which clearly they should have!
Then again, you didn't exactly "run down the doors" here either, no one did :/

* We do not exist *
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 17:01   #90
Kargool
Up The Hatters!

Quote:
I wasn't aware that they hadn't. Which clearly they should have!
Then again, you didn't exactly "run down the doors" here either, no one did :/
I was not really planning on having a highly evolved political round this round. And why was it my job to approach your alliance to help them win the round?
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 17:19   #91
Villeh

Quote:
I was not really planning on having a highly evolved political round this round. And why was it my job to approach your alliance to help them win the round?
One of the fundamental flaws in today's PA, just like CareBears and ND you set out on this round with a goal of "we're just going to play, not to win or anything, just to do our own thing and exist in the universe". This is one of the many reasons PA is dead/dying etc, it's a game about war, and about winning, and half the players don't even try for starters...

And no, it isn't your job to approach anyone as long as you play with the goal you obviously set yourself. I commented on the fact that 'no one' did, as in it feels like CT along with Asc was the only alliances from start that even wanted to win the game.

* We do not exist *
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 17:33   #92
eksero
What-A-Shot Champion

eksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud ofeksero has much to be proud of

Quote:
One of the fundamental flaws in today's PA, just like CareBears and ND you set out on this round with a goal of "we're just going to play, not to win or anything, just to do our own thing and exist in the universe". This is one of the many reasons PA is dead/dying etc, it's a game about war, and about winning, and half the players don't even try for starters...

And no, it isn't your job to approach anyone as long as you play with the goal you obviously set yourself. I commented on the fact that 'no one' did, as in it feels like CT along with Asc was the only alliances from start that even wanted to win the game.
I dunno if you read my earlier post, but CB did approach CT, and the answer we got was "you set up a channel, talk to others and get them interested - and we might join".

Didn't seem like you were interested in winning this round to me.
eksero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 17:47   #93
Game^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire View Post
Not to flame or anything.

But Game^ .. 145 calls a night ? since prot ended ?

Lets see some proofs
Incoming fleets
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 17:57   #94
VenoX

VenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant futureVenoX has a brilliant future

Quote:

In any round of PA there will only be 2-4 allies that are actually capable of winning the round (Asc, CT and ND this round), due to the lower number of active players and capable HC's/officer teams left playing PA. The alliances that just "exist" as you put it (VGN, VSN, CB, TGV, Rock etc), serve their purpose, they are the alliances that you as #1 contenders should be approaching to help you achieve your goals when another #1 contender is in front of you. The failure on the part of CT and ND was to not talk to these allies and organise something properly (yes this includes co-ordinated attacks!!!). Yes if you want to win, YOU are going to have to be proactive and get something done, it wont be done for you by the allies that can't even win.

Really though, you can't comment on alliances that sit around and do nothing and dont want to get involved when this is the exact plan CT employed last round and it very nearly paid off for you, only Asc/Denial/ND etc at the time WERE proactive and organised something against you and your nicely splintered asses.
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 17:59   #95
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

For anyone who cares:

[18:00] <Achi> !surprisesex asc
[18:00] <Munin> Top attackers on alliance Ascendancy are (total: 3388) Conspiracy - 754 | Newdawn - 650 | Vengeance - 446 | TGV - 240 | Carebears - 186

That's reported fleets only, the actual number is no doubt quite a bit higher. Also, bear in mind that a wave can have multiple fleets.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 18:49   #96
Mzyxptlk
mz.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure we had more incomings than any alliance ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game^ View Post
!surprisesex is broken, so I wouldn't trust those numbers. According to Munin I've had 47 hostile incomings so far, but I'd only had about 30.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles View Post
That's reported fleets only, the actual number is no doubt quite a bit higher.
I don't buy that a significant percentage of incomings goes unreported.
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 19:10   #97
Zotnam
Over the moon
Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Ollie Skates Champion, Sperm Wars Champion

Zotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant futureZotnam has a brilliant future

I've been counting every morning, about 100 fleets per night has been the average. The surprisesex command counts every time its being reported so if its been reported twice its counted twice..

According to fleet history my tiny planet has had 138 fleets incoming so far, I'm interested to hear from people who've had more.

Planets.
Zik: 3rd(r30), 4th(r52), 7th(r27), 9th(r26), 31st(r51)
Ter: 3rd(r50), 4th(r53), 4th(r37), 5th(r31) 7th (r58)
Xan: 3rd(r36), 40th(r57) 54th(r33), 104th(r29)
Cat: 8th (r54), 9th(r48), 12th (r55), 20th(r32), 77th(r23), 103rd(r38), 150th(r34), 152nd(r24),
Etd: 14th(r28)

Those damn emp races..
Zotnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Sep 2008, 19:59   #98
smith-

smith- is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone actually laugh at puns referring to fence sitting anymore? No, really - I mean I don't think they're funny, and have to wonder whether there's anything left to acheive in trying to sound clever about what is otherwise a metaphoric plank of wood. I just wondered what anybody else's thoughts were.

Back on topic, CT were told days ago that they were Asc's top hostile alliance. That was info CT already had. They've been hitting asc now for the better part of 10 days and while they've been completely useless and relatively ineffective, they didn't feel the need to try and win brownie points by announcing what they were doing.

THAT is why, NewDawn, you earned yourself a lot of resentment from CT by making this post. It's almost like you were trying to steal "rep" points that frankly, didn't belong to you. Once you've overtaken CT as Asc's top hostile, then you can moan about nobody helping you. Until then, **** off.
Unread 13 Sep 2008, 00:15   #99
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotnam View Post
According to fleet history my tiny planet has had 138 fleets incoming so far, I'm interested to hear from people who've had more.

Might aswell just look inside the galaxy for that, seeing as we are clearly the best targets in Ascendancy
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Sep 2008, 00:51   #100
MotoX
Stolen

MotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these partsMotoX is infamous around these parts

Quote:

We are a training alliance so we don't have to contribute to nothing...........well for once grow some balls and do something with your member base.....

Why not, for a change show you trainees the ”face of war” ....might teach them something!?

I'm tired of you coming here hiding behind the “training, we don't have to do nothing mentality – but still criticize everyone”

(yet you been stating things like this since back in Round 3 so why change)