User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 7 Feb 2008, 00:43   #101
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of
Re: You're Ruining It For Everyone!

So CT/ND targetted ascendancy and you targetted them back and thats it? Nothing like them landing blindly on you because of dists, or you owning them some other way? Just normal pa-warfare?
newt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 00:53   #102
Achilles
Poblacht na hÉireann

Achilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldAchilles spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would

Newt, the word you are looking for is whimsical. It is ironic you didn't know that as it's a word that characterises you quite well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt
real life is bound to be insane, but the one here would be that said blonde girl turned out to be a slut? or had a cruel side which wasn't secretly hidden away. Both would cause me to be disappointed.
Since we've completed derailed the thread at this point anyway please allow me to ask you why exactly you expect your value judgements to matter to anyone but yourself? For example, why should our hypothetical blonde, or anyone else in the whole wide world, give a flying **** what Newt thinks about their sex life?

Also, consider what disappointment is. It is the feeling one gets when someone or something fails to live up to their expectations. Thus, in order to experience disappointment one must first have an expectation. I would argue that is it not the conduct of a well adjusted person to be going around the internet with clearly preposterous expectations of other people's behaviour and actually being as self centred as to believe that you are somehow qualified to admonish them for not living up to some arbitrary standard of conduct.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 01:17   #103
newt
Banned

newt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud ofnewt has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Since we've completed derailed the thread at this point anyway please allow me to ask you why exactly you expect your value judgements to matter to anyone but yourself? For example, why should our hypothetical blonde, or anyone else in the whole wide world, give a flying **** what Newt thinks about their sex life? + the rest
Ask the non-ascendancy reading this thread what they think about your posts in reference to people not grasping your first comment being a joke. The word twat would appear strongly. I think you're getting your knickers (or boxers? hard to tell) in a colossal twist over my exact wording. When I said "Sad that achi..." I didn't say "I'm sat at my pc crying my heart out like a little baby that achi...". I more made a statement along the lines of "achi is being a twat, didn't think he was one ". Should you care? no (but you keep replying about it, thus you do care!! God, I should be in ascendancy with immaculate logical thinking like that).

Quote:
Also, consider what disappointment is. It is the feeling one gets when someone or something fails to live up to their expectations. Thus, in order to experience disappointment one must first have an expectation. I would argue that is it not the conduct of a well adjusted person to be going around the internet with clearly preposterous expectations of other people's behaviour and actually being as self centred as to believe that you are somehow qualified to admonish them for not living up to some arbitrary standard of conduct.
I could never have spoken to you ever before in my life, and I'd still enter this thread and be "disappointed" by your conduct. Like if I saw said blonde girl being a bitch to someone, I'd be justified in expressing my opinion on it. She doesn't have to listen, no one has to listen, I still have that right...
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 01:26   #104
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I know the thread wasn't great but jesus ****ing christ newt.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 01:58   #105
newt
Banned

Why not a jesus ****ing christ achilles? I made a comment, which he claims to not care about, then he made a terrible post - and its proceeded from there. At least I made a minor attempt to get it back on the topic (topic being making jokes about pa and ridiculing people? at least its still half on track).

People might not hate ascendancy so much if you weren't all so obviously biassed towards each other, forums especially. And especiallyx2 the mods.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 02:43   #106
[ND]Kar

[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice[ND]Kar is just really nice

lol
For me
And I'm Feeling Good
[ND]Kar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 03:04   #107
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

The question is who ruined who's round.

We can say that your cov-oping / sk'ing our scanners made us have a bad start who will continue to hold us back all round due to lack of scans on big dists targets.

Then again we removed the dists who was a problem - ofcourse again ruining the round of the dists whore.

Action causing action.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 03:18   #108
newt
Banned

I guess the typical ascendancy reply to that will be, give or take a few words:

"Yes spritfire, but you see asc only plays for fun, we don't care about winning - so what if we have less dists now? doesn't affect our round at all. We on the other hand have stopped you from winning, something your members do care a lot about"

Basically something aimed at trying to make everyone in ascendancy look uber duberly e-cool.

I can't be bothered waiting around till late morning for an ascendite to reply with that though, and then probably another 10hrs for ND to make further comment, so ... reply to this <3
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 04:07   #109
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

We are playing for fun to? And who said they ruined our round?

( From the count of ppl whining / bitching to us about killing their dists )
I would say they do care
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 06:09   #110
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritfire

Then again we removed the dists who was a problem - ofcourse again ruining the round of the dists whore.
Id more call it collectively suiciding than dist removing.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 06:11   #111
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"Yes spritfire, but you see asc only plays for fun, we don't care about winning - so what if we have less dists now?
Im not sure if you have paid any attention to what have been said by numerous people in asc in this thread but several members of asc have spoken of how they play to 'win'(some in their own way) and like most people they dont like to loose.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 10:00   #112
Banned
Banned

Banned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so littleBanned contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:

"Yes spritfire, but you see asc only plays for fun, we don't care about winning - so what if we have less dists now? doesn't affect our round at all. We on the other hand have stopped you from winning, something your members do care a lot about"
Occasionally I read posts like this and cringe

But really, the people who post them often don't give a shit. The people who do care don't really whinge that much on the forums (though I hear they're pretty active around on IRC).

Edit: by turning this thread into another meta-Ascendancy care/not care discussion we've probably killed it. At least it's terminally uninteresting now.
Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 10:22   #113
Game^

Game^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to beholdGame^ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Like so many others Newt you miss understand how Ascendancy 'plays' (im presuming its still the same). Ascendancy does care about winning, and would very much like to be the alliance ranked #1. However they dont wish to achieve it by licking the arses of every other alliance around, or by imposing 'rules' on how their members should play. As Jester has always said, they only rule is "Don't be shit".

Quote:
Basically something aimed at trying to make everyone in ascendancy look uber duberly e-cool.

I can't be bothered waiting around till late morning for an ascendite to reply with that though, and then probably another 10hrs for ND to make further comment, so ... reply to this <3
It's not about being 'e-cool'. Generally it's about their own amusement, and to prompt a reaction to cause amusement.
Game^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 12:12   #114
Desse
Pr0nstar

Desse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud ofDesse has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banned
Speak for yourself. Winning is more fun than losing, just ask anyone who was in 1up in round 16.
I don't even remember r16. :crymeariver:

Ascendancy - While you were trying, we were sleeping

(@Karmulian) i deffo got roided looking at my planets
Desse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 12:13   #115
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Some people care, some people don't. The people that post on here saying "I don't care", well, they're generally the ones that don't. The people that don't post on here and instead kill you ingame, they're the ones that do care. There is no global Ascendancy care-statement that everyone playing or not playing agrees with.

It's not exactly rocket science
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 12:21   #116
CBA
Mind-boggling

CBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these partsCBA is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Ask the non-ascendancy reading this thread what they think about your posts in reference to people not grasping your first comment being a joke. The word twat would appear strongly. I think you're getting your knickers (or boxers? hard to tell) in a colossal twist over my exact wording. When I said "Sad that achi..." I didn't say "I'm sat at my pc crying my heart out like a little baby that achi...". I more made a statement along the lines of "achi is being a twat, didn't think he was one ". Should you care? no (but you keep replying about it, thus you do care!! God, I should be in ascendancy with immaculate logical thinking like that).

I could never have spoken to you ever before in my life, and I'd still enter this thread and be "disappointed" by your conduct. Like if I saw said blonde girl being a bitch to someone, I'd be justified in expressing my opinion on it. She doesn't have to listen, no one has to listen, I still have that right...

[10:36:53] <CBA> !quote CBA
[10:36:54] <Munin> <JugJug> 2 people are about to crash <CBA> shit. <CBA> rUl3r did u call lockhead? <JugJug> oh <JugJug> its only newt and someone else <CBA> ahh screw newt (1 more quotes match this search)

R21-Randy Dandys Winners R21
1:9:5 -SoClose- -YetSoFar-

You have pending friend requests from Newt.
CBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 14:31   #117
sloth

sloth is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Ask the non-ascendancy reading this thread what they think about your posts in reference to people not grasping your first comment being a joke. The word twat would appear strongly.
Yeh thats what popped into my head...i felt compelled to finally sign up to the forums just to verify that..

If it was originally a joke...why the hell do you feel the need to argue this crap out...and the use of big words is impressing no-one btw
sloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 14:59   #118
newt
Banned

I swear to God I don't know who sloth is, and he isn't a second account I just created but he obviously rocks hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jester
Edit: by turning this thread into another meta-Ascendancy care/not care discussion we've probably killed it. At least it's terminally uninteresting now.
before I entered the thread, it was the following:

ascendancy people: "lol we have ruined nd/ct's rounds (forgetting the fact they have also ruined your's, because that doesnt matter, cos you're all so cool)"

non-asc: "omg shut up"

type stuff.... not at any point was there any particularly interesting pa conversation going on in here.

It'd be fun, you know, just to spice things up if the ascendancy-forums block splits up. Only on the planetarion forums before you all panick about your green blobs on GD. Stagnation is a bad thing, you guys should have learnt that in r5 or so. Or at least pull your heads out of each others' arses to make for interesting pa threads.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 15:14   #119
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Thankfully for us all we were saved from such a terrible outcome by the entry of newt into the fray. Can we try and add something to the thread please? Anyone?

Okay, I'll go first!

I think this round is okay, not great because the universe is pretty small these days and double-bookings ****ing suck, thanks to a combination of ascendancy, CT and ND. Ascendancy for doing what we do well, perhaps the only thing we do well, and aggravating people to the point where they launched en masse on us and CT and ND for deciding that ascendancy were a genuine threat and needed to be dealt with. This at least has created some action, although I fear it probably won't continue for much longer because hey, these things usually don't. Contrary to what people seem to think about ascendancy or CT or ND "ruining the game" by sking people and covert-ops etc I believe that, essentially, by pissing enough people off the game has been improved. Mainly due to the fact that pissed off people launch more fleets and are more active in an attempt to get even. Revenge is a dish best served not cold, but frequently, and activity is, in itself, good for the game as a whole.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 15:44   #120
Mzyxptlk
mz.
Alien Invasion Champion, Submarine Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Barts Watersports Adventure Champion

Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Mzyxptlk has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

**** you JBG.
The outraged poets threw sticks and rocks over the side of the bridge. They were all missing Mary and he felt a contented smug feeling wash over him. He would have given them a coy little wave if the roof hadn't collapsed just then. Mary then found himself in the middle of an understandably shocked family's kitchen table. So he gave them the coy little wave and realized it probably would have been more effective if he hadn't been lying on their turkey.
Mzyxptlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 20:22   #121
newt
Banned

well to keep inline with mz's fine posting:

Yeah ascendancy deserve a lot of credit for making this round fun, so far*! I wasn't heavily involved... hmm no, I wasn't even remotely involved at all in anything that went on, but the pms with wishmaster crying like a baby about it certainly lit up my pretty dark round.

* Think this is the first time I've used the * protocol! but anyway, question is if asc will be creditted with anything come the end of the round.
Unread 7 Feb 2008, 21:24   #122
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
It's probably just Heartless who is sat up on a pretty ****ing high horse who has said things like that in this thread. I hope he was trying to troll when he started going on about how CT and ND ruined their rounds by doing this, because his first post in the thread makes it look like much less of a sarcastic joke than it really is and much more like a genuine whine.

As JBG has outlined above, this "SK war" is positive as it seems to have injected a little life into the game and alliances are actually fighting instead of just doing galraids as has happened waaay too many times over the past ~7 rounds.
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 09:14   #123
Heartless
CRASHING BEATS 'N FANTASY

Heartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHeartless is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kila_
It's probably just Heartless who is sat up on a pretty ****ing high horse who has said things like that in this thread. I hope he was trying to troll when he started going on about how CT and ND ruined their rounds by doing this, because his first post in the thread makes it look like much less of a sarcastic joke than it really is and much more like a genuine whine.

As JBG has outlined above, this "SK war" is positive as it seems to have injected a little life into the game and alliances are actually fighting instead of just doing galraids as has happened waaay too many times over the past ~7 rounds.
Cynism and sarcasm seem to be ****ing high horses while most of you are dwarves, it seems.
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 13:14   #124
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

I hope my brothers in al qaeda end all of your lives
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 21:06   #125
Foxman

Foxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really niceFoxman is just really nice

your gf's hot alki
Foxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 8 Feb 2008, 21:49   #126
_Kila_
break it down!

_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society_Kila_ is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartless
Cynism and sarcasm seem to be ****ing high horses while most of you are dwarves, it seems.
I'm sure that most people who read the post interpreted it as "o man ND and CT hit us instead of urwins shit man they suxx", it looks like a typical post by someone whining about their alliance being hit and doesn't come across as very sarcastic...
Unread 15 Feb 2008, 18:19   #127
robban1

robban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these partsrobban1 is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxman
your gf's hot alki
his gf is named john

robban1 is offline   Reply With Quote