User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Apr 2004, 22:51   #101
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice
Re: ND: Any attack ships left?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider2k
Truthfully barrow, I'd simply say to get more creative. In the next few days it would delight me to see ND just get creative with some tactics. I'm not even a BC but there are a few ideas even I could think of, that would likely piss off the FPM victims, give ND something to have fun with (other then defending) and would honestly make me shutup about this whole bit. Last round, or maybe round before last, when NoS was like 11th or 12th we still didn't give up. The BC's DC's got creative, and within a week we jumped 1 place and began moving up. Now sure, we weren't going to win the round, but we weren't just gonna sit there either attacking nobodies. Yes, atm I'm on the winning side, but I don't just want the losing side to roll over and die, lets have fun fs.
we gained 8k roids in the last week
this while we have been bashed over and over again by your alliance & co weeks ago.
It's u who are cowards for not opening up the game with still a lot of weeks to come, not us for defending. Djeez , u really have a weird thing going on inside your head.
Or ur just a spoiled brat?
Either way you brought it on yourself that u can't find any decent targets to roid. We may not be big but we know this game
That seems to frustrate u. Well.. the more the better.
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 22:51   #102
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

didn't say it was *more* important then def, just said it was an integral part of play. To be honest, yes, I wish someones command would get a lusting for action but I don't think it'll happen :/
Recluse is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 22:56   #103
Riddim
NewDawn Dinosaur

Riddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really niceRiddim is just really nice

I'm going out now to grab a few beers. I'd watch the overview well, u never know we suddenly decide to build attackships overnight ..
[18:00] *** Myrdhin has quit IRC (u can't understand women if u never wore a bra !!)
Riddim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 23:04   #104
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrow|Pony
Well - pardon me if I'm not overcome by pity for your boredom. I believe, regardless of which 'winning' alliance you may be a part of, your command does not share the same appetite for action which you seem to lust for.

That said, I'd refer you to Zhil - who was on the receiving end of 27(i think) hours of attack/recalls from Ferret. I believe Achilles has a similar streak, ending up with a fairly well-balanced wtfpwnage of his target. Dedication is abundant, and while we have our collective backs to the collective walls, fleet catching and other fun and exciting tactics may not be on the menu for each and every night.

Again, I'm surprised that you'd rank 'being creative' as more important for the well-being of the alliance than defending. I guess this is where we agree to disagree. We do our fair share of killing on the defensive side, while maintaing our structural intergrity, which has effectively ended a few of your members rounds. Just ask Mr. Flibbles.
It was indeed 27 hours.

FAnG are just proving themselves in being bad winners by allowing this peon to moan about getting defended against. I don't think Strider even knows the first thing about how to fight a war.

Simple fact is ND probably have difficulty taking on a block that is considerably larger than them, hell the FPM block was three times bigger than the entire of Wolfpack at the start of the war. The mechanics of the game seem to favour defence rather than attack - thus a bigger block has a vast defence pool and for ND to attack would be pointless.

The only attacks that will work are clever ones, that utilize as many anti-fpm alliances as possible. Although to be honest, I think FPM may already be too far ahead now to be affected too greatly. ND and other alliances like it need to focus on defending its members and supplying attacks, the defence being a primary concern since noone likes to get roided or lose ships.

ND so far have only impressed me this round for their stance, whilst Mistu in sharp contrast have only disappointed (even though they are in the winning block). FAnG are appearing way too arrogant for their own good, but their politics are understandable (since they are desperate to actually finish a round on top for once).

I have to say that this round is definately the worst in my experience - the two rounds people try to mention before don't even live up to this one. Both r5 and r9 had wars that happened within the block that weren't straight cut affairs (r5 Legion vs WPO/Ni/ViruS/etc looked fairly equal with Legion having some trouble the first few nights, whilst r9 had the WEET vs NAR then ET vs WE)

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 23:11   #105
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

TehVader is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread cracks me up

I second everything Barrow said, won't bother to comment myself as he does it so much better than I could ever hope
Unread 30 Apr 2004, 23:50   #106
Recluse

Recluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to allRecluse is a name known to all

As info:

I've not run out of targets, as a matter of fact I've had 2 landings in last 2 days.

I'm not Fang

I know howto fight a war Zhil, and building 2/3 def ships ain't the way
Unread 1 May 2004, 00:08   #107
LB|away

LB|away is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
As info:

I've not run out of targets, as a matter of fact I've had 2 landings in last 2 days.

I'm not Fang

dont listen to zhil
he is mentally disabled
LB|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 00:14   #108
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aria
So what if ND is defending, good for them! They are still attacking, this I know. But good job if they can stop people from landing on their members! ND is a good bunch of guys and girls and am proud knowing them!

Kal, as for your personal attack on tyger...this was the wrong place to do that. You being a support team member should know better. If you have something against her, you should have done it in private, not publicly.

I don't normally post on threads like this, but I couldn't just walk away from this one, as the personal attack is just wrong in public.
I know, and i apologised, seems no one read that post though :/

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 00:16   #109
LB|away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I know, and i apologised, seems no one read that post though :/

haha
all lies
Unread 1 May 2004, 00:17   #110
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achilles
Only one thing worth commenting on in this thread.

This is a lie. IRC excerpt:

[18:33:20] <[ND]Achilles> All my fleets are named the same
[18:33:28] <[ND]Achilles> Surely this is, well, wrong
[18:33:32] <Kal> and? so are mine
[18:33:37] <Kal> don;t tell and admin

You are a liar and a hypocrite. The fact that you are even allowed in the support channel, much less as a helper, typifies what is wrong with PATeams attitude towards rules enforcement.

As for you using these forums to launch a personal attack on the character of other players...

Well that's just sad. Grow up.
a) irc logs are against forum rules
b) i did not lie intentionally, i had forgotten that - but i can probably guess that as he was tlaking to me there was no one else in #support, and as I have been stupidly busy with revision, I don;t allways have time/remember every conversation. I'd completely forgotten about that until u pasted the log

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 1 May 2004, 00:26   #111
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

Quote:
As info:

I'm not Fang

Show us the way to do it then.
Unread 1 May 2004, 01:39   #112
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

a) small, relevent irc logs are not against the rules
b) so you admit being a cheat?

And what Vader said, Barrow should be an English teacher or something, because his words rock.
Unread 1 May 2004, 01:41   #113
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by LB|away
dont listen to zhil
he is mentally disabled
Indeed, I must be if I disagree with the allmighty FAnG and their cronies.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 1 May 2004, 01:43   #114
LB|away

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zh|l
Indeed, I must be if I disagree with the allmighty FAnG and their cronies.

wise words
you'll get there
Unread 1 May 2004, 02:06   #115
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
a) irc logs are against forum rules
b) i did not lie intentionally, i had forgotten that - but i can probably guess that as he was tlaking to me there was no one else in #support, and as I have been stupidly busy with revision, I don;t allways have time/remember every conversation. I'd completely forgotten about that until u pasted the log
Not to nitpick - but if CBK read this, he'd be furious.

The rules of the game say "Fleet names may not be identical." Clearly stated in the rules. You openly knew you had identicaly fleet names, you did not report the 'bug' to the PA team.

There is a five page thread on Planetarion Discussions as to why your planet should or should not be closed.

Thats 110% lame.
Unread 1 May 2004, 02:29   #116
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomkat
You should have included some unit scans in your posts (editting out the coords, obviously) to back up your claims. As it is, you just sound like someone who is begrudging being defended against.
Everybody knows everybodies coords theese days, whats the point of it.
Go waste your res
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 02:35   #117
SteInMetz
NewDawn
Sofa Longjump Champion

SteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to beholdSteInMetz is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Truthfully barrow, I'd simply say to get more creative. In the next few days it would delight me to see ND just get creative with some tactics. I'm not even a BC but there are a few ideas even I could think of, that would likely piss off the FPM victims, give ND something to have fun with (other then defending) and would honestly make me shutup about this whole bit. Last round, or maybe round before last, when NoS was like 11th or 12th we still didn't give up. The BC's DC's got creative, and within a week we jumped 1 place and began moving up. Now sure, we weren't going to win the round, but we weren't just gonna sit there either attacking nobodies. Yes, atm I'm on the winning side, but I don't just want the losing side to roll over and die, lets have fun fs.
And to your information, ND has lots of different tactics.
And if you are so much better than us, why dont you share your thoughts?a
Its clearly that its a failure in PA to defend members of the alliance, and at the same time run attacks.

And Kal, your a member of PAteam, what about keeping your posts a bit more objective for the future?
SteInMetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 02:39   #118
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Barrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond reputeBarrow|Pony has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteInMetz
And Kal, your a member of PAteam, what about keeping your posts a bit more objective for the future?
I would settle for him not knowingly disregarding the rules of the game.
Unread 1 May 2004, 02:49   #119
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

he is fang, this means it doesnt matter
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 02:54   #120
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
he is fang, this means it doesnt matter
I could say the same about eclipse, infact I will

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 02:56   #121
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

he was never eclipse sorry.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 02:59   #122
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Focht: germany ... clue: Jamaica

not what I meant

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 05:31   #123
Chika
Black Power MotherF*ckas!

Chika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to beholdChika is a splendid one to behold

this thread seems to have lost its track.
Unread 1 May 2004, 06:14   #124
Neferti
part time ghost

Neferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to beholdNeferti is a splendid one to behold

was funny though. strider2k seems to assume that all wars are the same, for one thing...

sure you need to attack in wars

WE DO

get over it that we also defend...
Unread 1 May 2004, 09:59   #125
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
then you shouldn't have disbanded...

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 1 May 2004, 10:04   #126
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Not to nitpick - but if CBK read this, he'd be furious.

The rules of the game say "Fleet names may not be identical." Clearly stated in the rules. You openly knew you had identicaly fleet names, you did not report the 'bug' to the PA team.

There is a five page thread on Planetarion Discussions as to why your planet should or should not be closed.

Thats 110% lame.
there is a difference:

. Bug Abuse: Abusing a bug in the game to gain benefit over others,
while not reporting it to the Game Administrators
Procedure
Once an account has been found guilty of cheating the account
will be closed(1).

I was not gaining over others in the same way that one of my fleet names is now "is" does not help me gain over others. Also my fleet names were not offensive or anything either. And as previously stated, I did report it as soon as I remembered when people were online (by that i mean karmulian etc). I am currently doing the hardest exmas of my life, so excuse me if I forget about a few minor things in a game from time to time.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 1 May 2004, 10:10   #127
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

"Dont tell and admin"

Does that not clearly show that you were knowingly at that time violating rules of Planetarion? CBK was in hot water for knowing the rules, and finding a way around them.

You knew the rules, and found a way around them. You are both a top 100 planet and a member of the PA team - and despie how you may not believe this directly benefited you - by launching those fleets, it made FA scans irrelevant, forcing your targets to drain defence on you that would have been spared if you followed the rules.

You knowingly abused the bug of the game - hence should be reprimanded. No big deal.
Unread 1 May 2004, 10:17   #128
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
"Dont tell and admin"

Does that not clearly show that you were knowingly at that time violating rules of Planetarion? CBK was in hot water for knowing the rules, and finding a way around them.

You knew the rules, and found a way around them. You are both a top 100 planet and a member of the PA team - and despie how you may not believe this directly benefited you - by launching those fleets, it made FA scans irrelevant, forcing your targets to drain defence on you that would have been spared if you followed the rules.

You knowingly abused the bug of the game - hence should be reprimanded. No big deal.
I was reprimanded - phil made me change my fleet names.

anyway i probably wans;t top 100 at the time... as it was after the defence on touri when i lost a lot of ships. And yes I agree, had I ever had more than 1 fleet at a time out attacking then yes I would ahve gained an advantage (only if the fleet had the same number of ships), but in that the onyl times I have attacked with 2 fleets were a long time ago, anf that I have only even done like 5 single fleet attacks in the last few weeks - I simply haven;t had the time/energy to abuse my fleet names due to myy exams and things. So even if I had wanted to abuse it, which I didnt (as stated earlier, and in numerous irc logs, I just liked all my fleet names being the same) I did not.

For instance load sof people knew that you coudl get round the gal fund limit and did not report it - were they punnished, no. They did not abuse the limit - thoose who did abuse ti were punnished, there is a difference. Also remember I was the one who when I actually remembered actually reported it. For all I know Archilles was abusing it all that time (i cna;t rememebr when that conversation was)

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Last edited by Kal; 1 May 2004 at 10:45.
Unread 1 May 2004, 10:41   #129
Barrow|Pony
snadwich fetcher

Not punishing somebody and not admitting that they should be punished are two distinctly different stances.

Unfortunately, PA crew has done little of either in the past days.
Unread 1 May 2004, 11:36   #130
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
then you shouldn't have disbanded...
Eclipse didn't really need to carry on or prove anything, we've actually finished a round as winners.

See? I can play this game too

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 1 May 2004, 11:36   #131
The_Fish
ND

The_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to allThe_Fish is a name known to all

Kal, seriously, read what you're writing. You did BREAK THE RULES. Not that you'll ever be punished double standards and that.
Unread 1 May 2004, 12:26   #132
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Fish
Kal, seriously, read what you're writing. You did BREAK THE RULES. Not that you'll ever be punished double standards and that.
I have freely admitted I broke the rules - I have also said why - to investigate how it was done. The issue is that I did not abuse the bug and therefore shoudl not be closed. When asked by an admin I canged my fleet names (this is equal treatment with everyone else - I have reported numerous fleet name violations (for being offensive) they were nto closed, but their fleet names were changed and they were warned. When I changed my fleet names pa team asked that I tell anyone else I know that is doing it to stop doing it. People will not be closed for a first offence in this instance, the same as with offensive pa mails and the like. They will be warned, but repeat offenders will be punnished. Now pa team knows exaclty what I have and have not done, and to my knowledge they believe me when I say he reasons for my actions and that it will not happen again.

Also for reference here is the full log with Achilles

[18:34] <[ND]Achilles> All my fleets are named the same
[18:34] <[ND]Achilles> Surely this is, well, wrong
[18:34] <Kal> and? so are mine
[18:34] <Kal> don;t tell and admin
[18:35] <Kal> i ahve actually been meaning to tell em - just been busy with exams
[18:35] <[ND]Achilles> *sigh*
[18:35] <[ND]Achilles> nm then

hmm actually checking my logs I was wrong about when I reproted it - it was nto after tyger spoke to me abotu after Achilles spoke to me - as then the following day:

[09:27] <tyger|away> why hasnt it been fixed then?
[09:28] <tyger|away> ppl exploit the game right and left and pa team stands by?
[11:52] <Kal> it was only reported yesterday
[11:52] <Kal> although imo i think identical fleet names should be allowed
[11:53] <tyger|away> maybe so but going around the rules when it says it cant be done shouldnt be
[11:54] <Kal> of course
[11:54] <tyger|away> this round its not hard to dc with similarly named fleets
[11:55] <tyger|away> only bc ships dont target 2-3 other ships
[11:55] <Kal> my fleet names are identical btw - it was me who reported it - but i'm not exploiting it - i just like em having the same name
[11:56] <tyger|away>

I then spoke to phil again on that day and he asked me to change them so I did. Although i amde a small mistake in that i thoguht I had ahcnged them but I had not

I typed in the new fleet names - Phil^ is mean and pressed the butotn and assumed it was done - but of course it wasn;t as is is to short. So the following day I corrected that - and checked with karmulian that " is" would not be counted as a bug exploit.

From checking my own logs I started the investigation into fleet names on the 20th and finally remembered to report them on the 27th. The 27th was the day of my first exam, so I hope you can all understand that I have been rather busy with revising etc.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 1 May 2004, 12:36   #133
tygercub
apathetic

tygercub can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
I am currently doing the hardest exmas of my life, so excuse me if I forget about a few minor things in a game from time to time.

I sincerely wish you luck, really.

However, if you're so busy, how have you possibly found the time and energy to waste on flaming yours truly? Just a thought... I'd imagine the hardest exams of your life are a little more important than airing your views on a girl living on the other side of an ocean. But wait, you did apologize, I remember seeing that somewhere. Apology accepted.

On a different note, you told me, point blank, your fleet names were the same and you saw nothing wrong with that. I said "well clearly you had to circumvent some rules by adding spaces and whatnot to get them that way" and you didn't deny it... just simply said that there is nothing wrong with it.

When I spoke to a member of the support team, he assured me the bug had been documented and support members were playing with their fleets that way in order to test the bug. To allay any fears I might have had, he made it a point to say "well I am not even 1600 in rank, i am hardly a threat." I agreed, but retorted with "well that doesn't explain Kal, he's nowhere near 1600." Shortly thereafter, I got a pm from you questioning why I "turned you in." I didn't turn you in, I made the fair point that a support member in the #1 alliance was supposedly testing a bug and he could use it to his advantage under the guise of being a #support helper. There wasn't anything malicious about what I did, I simply made it clear that someone in the top 100 testing something v. someone in the top 1600 created an awful big disparity in the fairness of gameplay.

In my opinion, it is a circumvention of the rules when you have to mix and match characters to name your fleets the same, when you avoid the message saying "Fleet-names may not be identical" and find a way to do it anyway.

You're a smart guy, Kal... just don't happen to be the brightest crayon in the box... in this case.
tygercub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 12:42   #134
Kal
Inactive peon

yes i messed up

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 1 May 2004, 12:50   #135
tygercub
apathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
yes i messed up
i don't know what you are referring to when you say that but...

if you sincerely mean that with respect to the fleet-naming issue, i have to say i am impressed that you are man enough to admit to your mistake... that's not the Kal i knew. maybe we both grew up a little since NoS... at least that's a thought to consider.

if you meant that you admit to messing up by flaming me with unsubstantiated accusations, it's water under the bridge.
Unread 1 May 2004, 12:53   #136
shibaMac
huzo0r

shibaMac has a spectacular aura aboutshibaMac has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
didn't say it was *more* important then def, just said it was an integral part of play. To be honest, yes, I wish someones command would get a lusting for action but I don't think it'll happen :/
This is exemplary of the problem with FPM. You want to play a different, more exciting game. But you want to win more.

FPM are going to win this round. That's so pathetic and sad, because Fang, Phraktos OR Mistu should win, but not all three.

That's not a win guys. That's a draw.
shibaMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 13:00   #137
tygercub
apathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibaMac
This is exemplary of the problem with FPM. You want to play a different, more exciting game. But you want to win more.

FPM are going to win this round. That's so pathetic and sad, because Fang, Phraktos OR Mistu should win, but not all three.

One of the best responses to this thread. I couldn't agree more. Amen.
Unread 1 May 2004, 13:05   #138
god113
Ex-Player

god113 has a spectacular aura aboutgod113 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

*nods*
god113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 13:11   #139
Spritfire

Spritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really niceSpritfire is just really nice

Strider2k you sure you are not fang ? or would that be the other planet ?
Spritfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 13:22   #140
Shaithess

Shaithess is an unknown quantity at this point

/me applauds shiba

Whatever makes them feel leet I suppose

Oh, and btw, about ND not attacking. I seem to remember going to FAnG last round to ask for ships to assist in ND attacks on top 10 planets (2 of which got through def and roided them, with FAnG, and also Dragon, help we would probably have knocked Don_Juan and Walken both clear out of the top 10...). The replies I got from both Ibis and, I think, WebAngel (the officers awake at the time) were both claiming FAnG were completely unable to spare any ships due to the constant attacks. All I wanted were a few hundred-few thousand frigates.

The mere fact that FAnG wouldn't spare a comparitively tiny force to attack as 'every available ship' was defending is atleast some form of proof (to me atleast) that ND aren't the ONLY alliance that like to defend their forces whilst under attack by vastly superior forces. And also it's a moot point anyway, seeming as ND have been attacking too (I know I've been launching 1-2 fleets every night, and many other members who I talk to have been doing hte same. As has been said, we don't get 8k roids a week by initiating ).

Enough from me, I get the feeling I'm not making much sense

Last edited by Shaithess; 1 May 2004 at 13:39.
Shaithess is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 13:46   #141
tygercub
apathetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaithess
The replies I got from both Ibis and, I think, WebAngel (the officers awake at the time) were both claiming FAnG were completely unable to spare any ships due to the constant attacks.
Gate, babe, you sure it was Ibis and not Irvine?
Unread 1 May 2004, 14:23   #142
Kal
Inactive peon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygercub
i don't know what you are referring to when you say that but...

if you sincerely mean that with respect to the fleet-naming issue, i have to say i am impressed that you are man enough to admit to your mistake... that's not the Kal i knew. maybe we both grew up a little since NoS... at least that's a thought to consider.

if you meant that you admit to messing up by flaming me with unsubstantiated accusations, it's water under the bridge.
both really - this week has been pretyt much an example of me messing everything up :/

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 1 May 2004, 15:10   #143
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Go go gadget ND defence ship \o/
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 May 2004, 17:08   #144
Shaithess

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygercub
Gate, babe, you sure it was Ibis and not Irvine?

Dunno, they all just complained about too many incoming ships!

I'm pretty sure it was Ibis (re: 99% sure), I remember having to explain my tactics, I seem to remember he was a little confused at why I wanted a few frigates rather than sending everything people had
Unread 2 May 2004, 10:00   #145
Recluse

I thank some peeps for the non-inflamatory posts towards me. I still hold true to my opinion, but it is only mine, and altho many may say I'm mis-informed or down-right wrong, thats their opinion as well.

Quote:

This post most of all stuck out amung the rest. It's so very true that I, as well as some others, want the excitement back. It is also true that we're outnumbered by those who simply wanna win. Yes, I wanna win, cuase it's nice to win, but thats not my main goal (as I mentioned before) I've spent 7-8 rounds on the losing side, but there isn't 1 round I can say was not fun. I enjoyed them all. I've enjoyed this round as well, and if I were to quit and delete right now, I could honestly say it was a round well played. But there are still roids out there, and theres still some action left to have, if those in charge chose to.

Spritfire: yes, I am quite sure I'm not Fang. I was in there last round tho, up until the nice little end-of-round excitement we all know about.
Unread 2 May 2004, 12:20   #146
Anihilat0r
Supreme ETY Pe0n

Anihilat0r is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't really be bothered to read every single reply to this thread, but I will comment anyway.
Knowing ND's Defence crew and (particularly) the person in charge of that area; it does not surprise me in the slightest that NewDawn defence is pretty damned good.

Keep it up NewDawn.

You make an old ally proud.

[ND] - The Little Engine that STILL CAN

'Just a bunch of harmless n00bs'
Anihilat0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 2 May 2004, 12:45   #147
Shaithess

Korenchkin... I want you back
Unread 2 May 2004, 15:13   #148
TehVader
NewDawn pe0n

We all love Kore
Unread 2 May 2004, 16:41   #149
The_Fish
ND

as for the original point of us not attacking, we waved some planets in 14:8 all through yesterday (mainly co-ordinated by Desse and Prestel) with ships also coming from a couple of WP planets, and look how totally pwned they are. ND landed 2 waves on Sk8az, the second one being a joint one with VsN, we sent the cr, they sent fi. we also waved #10 for several ticks, and today Kid Z (after stealing roids from Sk8az) is set to cap roids from #8 in the gal today. so much for not attacking, heh.
Unread 2 May 2004, 16:43   #150
Colt
Mercenary

Colt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to allColt is a name known to all

Hmm, weren't Nd part of the 14:8 attack, dunno as i havent checked, though they still attack, atleast Gate like to attack

although attacking an getting roids is nice, deffing is still part of the game, and if thats what they like to do, thne i dont see a problem
Ultores
Colt is offline   Reply With Quote