User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Suggestions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 11 Apr 2007, 12:44   #1
Allfather
The PropaGhandi

Allfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these partsAllfather is infamous around these parts
Lets nuder JGP & fix prelaunches

Just to start it off, jumpgateprobe is a stupid thing and should be removed.
Though, its doubtful this will happen, they should at least "fix" it.

JGP should NOT, and i mean NOT, show ships in prelaunch.
It turns pa into a kiddy game.

And prelaunches, they should also be fixed asap.
100000000 gazillion ships are heading for your planet, and what do you do?
You set your ships is prelaunch mode +10h and they stay there, but wont get hit.......

These things make pa awfully boring

<Deffeh> I just told my parents im a homosexual, now they kicked me out
Allfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2007, 13:34   #2
Ultimate Newbie
Commodore

Ultimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himUltimate Newbie is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Re: Lets nuder JGP & fix prelaunches

What makes it boring for you, makes it playable for others. Prelaunched fleets being detected on JGP scans was considered the trade off for being able to launch and leave; players didnt have to be around and their ships could launch, but at the cost of having their fleet detected early and countered.

However, if you argued that ships which were manually launched (ie, in "that tick" without and +x next to the LT) should not show up on a JGP scan, then that would be a different story, and i might agree there. It migh help make launch-recalling less effective.

As for prelaunched ships not engaging in battle, the only difference between having prelaunch and just using a normal fleetslot and launching ships is that you have an instant recall (and your target doesnt receive any incs/def) - and that really shouldnt get you quite so worked up.

So, if you permit me to be postmodernist for a moment, what's really getting you all worked up mate?
Ultimate Newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11 Apr 2007, 14:58   #3
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Lets nuder JGP & fix prelaunches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate Newbie
What makes it boring for you, makes it playable for others. Prelaunched fleets being detected on JGP scans was considered the trade off for being able to launch and leave; players didnt have to be around and their ships could launch, but at the cost of having their fleet detected early and countered.
Except you can't do shit about countering a prelaunched fleet, because you don't know when it's going to appear.
If you can't beat them, join them. I usually prelaunch +4 or more hoping this guy i am hitting will see prelaunched incs at 2gmt and has to wait 4 hours checking every tick if my fleet appears on his news or not. Sometimes i even mail them :P