User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 12 Jun 2003, 23:09   #1
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Multiplayer Mayhem

Finally got round to networking all the computers here and upgrading to a 1mbit line so am looking for suggestions for good multiplayer games to play between 3 or 4 of us.

One of the comps is a crappy spec so nothing too resource heavy will be any good.

So far got red alert 2, worms armageddon, unreal tournament and cm4.

Anyone got any recommendations?
Are the best i've ever had
Ragnarak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 23:13   #2
Ragnarak

Ragnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to beholdRagnarak is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by Flavius
planetarion ?
no

:rolleyes:
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 23:16   #3
Deffeh
Angry Young Man

Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Deffeh has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
<3 Populous : The Beginning <3

Believe in me, cause i don't believe in anything
And i wanna be someone, to believe, to believe in
Deffeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 23:16   #4
Dave
Infallible

Dave is an unknown quantity at this point
Battlefield 1942
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 23:16   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Dave
Battlefield 1942
Too few people.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 23:17   #6
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Comedy 'Risk: the Classic Game of World Domination' option.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 23:17   #7
Dr Wakka

Dr Wakka is an unknown quantity at this point
In fear of being lynched:

Risk 2.
Delta Force... just about any after no. 3.

Not kidding. I actually like these games, and they aren't very resource heavy, so your m8 (or whoever) can survive without lagging to death all the time. Can you tell us the details on the lousy comp? It would help!

Edit: Darn. I just admitted to being a comedy option.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 23:18   #8
ChubbyChecker
King of The Fat Boys

ChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriendChubbyChecker needs a job and a girlfriend
Half Life Deathmatch is very good if there's only 3 or 4 of you.

If you're into strategy games then Age of Empires II and Warcraft 3 (too resource heavy?) are good choices.
ChubbyChecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 23:19   #9
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr Wakka
Edit: Darn. I just admitted to being a comedy option.
Alas true. And by merest seconds.
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 23:21   #10
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr Wakka
Can you tell us the details on the lousy comp?
think it's a 266mhz cpu, 16mb vid card, not sure on ram. and bout 1-2gb free space
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 23:44   #11
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
think it's a 266mhz cpu, 16mb vid card, not sure on ram. and bout 1-2gb free space
DEUS EX

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 23:49   #12
Ragnarak

Quote:
Originally posted by Mirai
DEUS EX
i've never really liked deus ex
Unread 12 Jun 2003, 23:50   #13
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

This is irrelevant.
I love Mr Scruff so much I'm going to buy an album or two.
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 00:17   #14
Embroglio
a new low in getting high

Embroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himEmbroglio is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him
Quake 3!
I want you by my side.

We’re hitting a new low.
Embroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 00:31   #15
Mirai
Child Eating Zombie Clown

Mirai is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Ragnarak
i've never really liked deus ex
blashemer!

Die You Bitch Minister of Insanity - "Timete Nostrum Piscem Furoris"

My fellow Americans, I'm pleased to tell you today that I've signed legislation that will outlaw Russia forever, we begin bombing in 5 minutes - President Ronald Reagan, in a radio check where he did not realize the microphone was on and the station broadcasting
Mirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 03:10   #16
Tomkat
:alpha:

Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Tomkat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Habbo Hotel.
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 08:21   #17
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
screw the guy with the lame connection. if he lags, it'S his fault for being sh*t

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 10:38   #18
Hostile
The Milky Bar Kid

Hostile is an unknown quantity at this point
starcraft
Hostile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 11:31   #19
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little
Homeworld.
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 11:48   #20
Deathjam
Banned

Deathjam is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by ChubbyChecker
Half Life Deathmatch is very good if there's only 3 or 4 of you.

rocket crowbar is more fun tho
Deathjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 12:18   #21
Elfhelm
Polar Bear

Elfhelm is an unknown quantity at this point
Microsoft Hearts.
Elfhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 12:54   #22
XeeThot
Manga Kitten is back!

XeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to beholdXeeThot is a splendid one to behold
Neverwinter Nights

Knocking on your door for leftovers starting on Dec 21st
XeeThot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 12:56   #23
djbass
mmm.. pills

djbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond reputedjbass has a reputation beyond repute
Freelancer

=[DJ Bass]=
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 13:03   #24
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Dungeon Keeper 2

or the original if it won't run
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 14:06   #25
seventh
Lai

seventh is an unknown quantity at this point
www.the-underdogs.org

download a game called soldat,
similar to worms only BETTER
[18:02]<DJ_Bass>When i was just a knee basher i ran outside with a coat hanger above my head thinking it would repel lightning

[18:03]<Ashknight>If it hit you, now that would explain a LOT
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Follow the guy in front
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
<[7th]Seventh> liseh?
<Bloomers> hmmm
<Bloomers> he's okay
<Bloomers> you are fitter tho
seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 14:16   #26
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

****ING-SLIP-****ING-STREAM-BASTARD-5000!

On underdogs.

****ing yeerrrs.
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 14:19   #27
[GAP]Obiwan

[GAP]Obiwan is an unknown quantity at this point
Heroes of might and magic 3
[ICE]DC
[Deus]
[Tok'ra]
[Ostraka]
www.tit.aresexy.com
[GAP]Obiwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 18:21   #28
SepH
no

SepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to beholdSepH is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally posted by [GAP]Obiwan
Heroes of might and magic 3
exactley
and if you "dig" those kind of games
Diablo II (with expansion)
SepH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 18:25   #29
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
1942 with bots.

You 4 against 20+ computer players.
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 18:43   #30
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla
1942 with bots.

You 4 against 20+ computer players.
I didn't think you could have bots in lan games?

Though more troubling is trying to get it to run on a 266 =(
Unread 13 Jun 2003, 18:54   #31
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Heroes 3!!!!!!

\o\\o//o/