User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 29 Jan 2003, 17:12   #1
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Fat Dub Music

Can someone advise me on artists/tracks?

I have some Linton Kwesie Johnson and Eek-A-Mouse but I want more.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 17:17   #2
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
what, like phat bassline styleeee?
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 17:19   #3
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla
what, like phat bassline styleeee?
Well

Like mixed out minimalistic reggea music
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 17:19   #4
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Question

Fat Dub What?
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 17:20   #5
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
go smoke some pot dude

Chillin' wit da herb.

REGGAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 17:21   #6
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
Fat Dub What?
I'm not surprised you wouldn't have the faintest clue.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 17:22   #7
Marilyn Manson
Gone

Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Marilyn Manson has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by xtrasyn
I'm not surprised you wouldn't have the faintest clue.
It sounds like a load of bollocks, so no, I probably wouldn't.
Marilyn Manson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 17:26   #8
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally posted by Marilyn Manson
It sounds like a load of bollocks, so no, I probably wouldn't.
The sounding like a load of bollocks part does seem to apply here indeed.
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 21:56   #9
Furbie_Fanatic
Dinosaur

Furbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the roughFurbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the roughFurbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the roughFurbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the rough
If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

Dont Trust Anyone!
Furbie_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 22:05   #10
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
off the top of my head, "Children of the Bong"
CjC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 29 Jan 2003, 23:36   #11
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
This might be the thread to ask in... need a dub style track

Its starts of 'I like it, do you like it, tell me you like it tooooo' and then in the middle it gos 'Itsss the wwwwwaaaaay, that we bring this sound, itsss the waaaaaay that we give this sound to you'

What the fk is it called?
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 04:01   #12
Nofutcha
Airvatar

Nofutcha will become famous soon enoughNofutcha will become famous soon enough
If there is one thing you do in your quest for dub is downlaod the following suggestions

Salmonella Dub - any song (some are bad etc cause they are old)
Rhombus - Clav Dub

Best dub ever, pisses on anything to come out of the UK.

just pm me on here to thank me

#phnx
Nofutcha is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 07:14   #13
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Quote:
Originally posted by Nofutcha
If there is one thing you do in your quest for dub is downlaod the following suggestions

Salmonella Dub - any song (some are bad etc cause they are old)
Rhombus - Clav Dub

Best dub ever, pisses on anything to come out of the UK.

just pm me on here to thank me
Not until I've heard it

I've also been pointed to Makka-B. (Apart from the music, the names and people in this genre are quite rediculous...)
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 08:40   #14
len!n
laurkhi

len!n is an unknown quantity at this point
King Tubby, Lee "scratch" Perry, Keith Hudson, Mad Professor, Dub Syndicate.

Many roots reggae bands have done complete dub versions of their albums too, for example Black Uhuru: Brutal Dub and Burning Spear: Living Dub.
len!n is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 09:14   #15
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

Oh yeah. Mad Professor.
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 09:22   #16
Monkeypimp
Banned

Monkeypimp is an unknown quantity at this point
Im still trying to figgure out which hill they finish up on at the end of the clav dub video. I want to know if its up on the hills where i live or way over the other side of the harbour.
Monkeypimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jan 2003, 18:12   #17
CjC
Throwing Shapes

CjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant futureCjC has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally posted by len!n
Mad Professor, Dub Syndicate.

Many roots reggae bands have done complete dub versions of their albums too, for example Black Uhuru: Brutal Dub and Burning Spear: Living Dub.
Totally forgot about those, Mad Pro should have been my first choice

Mad Pro's Dub album of Massive Attacks Protection is well worth listening to.
CjC is offline   Reply With Quote