User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 27 Jan 2003, 21:51   #1
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
Arrow They closed my bank account because they thought i was a terrist

Long story short.

Card wouldn't work. Went to bank.

Due to some new act they're implementing they froze my account to stop outside funds coming into the country and going to terrorists.

I transfer quite a bit of money from my uk account to my american one when cash is short. Cash transfers of no more than 100 pounds a time.....but 100 pounds is still 100 pounds - enough to buy 6kg of C4, a decomissioned nuclear warhead, you know, big time stuff.

They brought me in, got me to give my address (which they already had, you know, the one they've sent the bank statements to for the last FIVE MONTHS) and then my account was unfrozen.

ISA CRAYZEE!
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 21:54   #2
LHC
J to the C to the A G E

LHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet societyLHC is a pillar of this Internet society
Terrorist. Money is illegal, fool.
LHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 21:55   #3
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Hurrah!

The only thing I've ever had frozen was my cash card, and that was because of a minor misunderstanding between me and my bank.

Apparently not using your card for 3 years, and not responding to any correspondence is grounds to steal your card in Tesco's carpark.

Banks, these days.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 21:55   #4
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
great isn't it? imagine if you'd been french....
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 21:55   #5
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by LHC
Terrorist.
terrist
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 21:56   #6
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Thats insane!!! Did you go crazy at the bank man!?
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 21:56   #7
Vanilla

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
great isn't it? imagine if you'd been french....
Yeah, i'd still have a frozen bank account but i'd:

1.) be hated
2.) Smell
3.) Would do my patriotic duty and surrender
4.) would be married to a bird with hairy pits.
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 21:58   #8
Vanilla

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPeach
Thats insane!!! Did you go crazy at the bank man!?
No, the manager was just as shocked as i was. Her jaw dropped when they told her the reason over the phone. No point going ape at her.

They'll pay. The infidels will pay. My time will come, i will receive a phone call and I will join allah and get me some 13 year old virgin....or was it 13 virgins.....I forget, anyway, they'll pay.

ps - no, i'm not muslim or from a muslim country.
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 22:04   #9
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
it happens on a regular basis with dads card in the states. basically if they see 2-3 largish transactions within a short space of time they lock the card.

you have to phone the uk and tell them your who you say you are etc etc. tis a pain.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 22:06   #10
Vanilla

Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
it happens on a regular basis with dads card in the states. basically if they see 2-3 largish transactions within a short space of time they lock the card.

you have to phone the uk and tell them your who you say you are etc etc. tis a pain.
For me it's an american bank, not an english one.

Yeah, it hasn't been the first time they did it to me. This is the first time it's happenned because they thought I was a terrist.

1st time: 2 weeks after opening the account. Doing lots of buying, you know, food, sheets, clothes. They said they were worried because so many purchases were being made on it.

Well thanks a lot for your cash machine eating the card and it taking you 2 weeks to send a replacement!

2nd time: Just bought a new dell PC. Froze it because it was 'a large transaction'.

In other words YOU CAN'T SPEND YOU MONEY THESE DAYS. It's like having a mother confiscating your card off you.

3rd time: original post.

SOMEONE DOESN"T WANT ME SPENDING MONEY.
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 22:11   #11
Sandsnake
Snake of the Sand

Sandsnake will become famous soon enoughSandsnake will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla
Yeah, i'd still have a frozen bank account but i'd:

1.) be hated
2.) Smell
3.) Would do my patriotic duty and surrender
4.) would be married to a bird with hairy pits.
France also provided passports and fake identities to groups like Al-Queda in return for not having things blown up. One of those "with friends like these, who needs enemies" scenarios...I think the only reason we didn't blow them up was they were NATO.

Needless to say, we don't like the french much and any french citizen fitting the "profile" is probably in for a hard time.
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 22:12   #12
Vanilla

Quote:
Originally posted by Sandsnake
France also provided passports and fake identities to groups like Al-Queda in return for not having things blown up. One of those "with friends like these, who needs enemies" scenarios...I think the only reason we didn't blow them up was they were NATO.

Needless to say, we don't like the french much and any french citizen fitting the "profile" is probably in for a hard time.
oh yeah, they're famous for that. Giving free passage to terrorists as long as they didn't target france.
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 22:18   #13
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla
oh yeah, they're famous for that. Giving free passage to terrorists as long as they didn't target france.
And lest we forget:
'Exocet'

I made a poem.
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 22:21   #14
Vanilla

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo
And lest we forget:
'Exocet'

I made a poem.
It's a missile isnt it?
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 22:22   #15
Tactitus
Klaatu barada nikto

Tactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldTactitus spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
Exclamation

Dammit; when will you terrorists learn that your protestations of innocence just enrages us!
The Ottawa Citizen and Southam News wish to apologize for our apology to Mark Steyn, published Oct. 22. In correcting the incorrect statements about Mr. Steyn published Oct. 15, we incorrectly published the incorrect correction. We accept and regret that our original regrets were unacceptable and we apologize to Mr. Steyn for any distress caused by our previous apology.
Tactitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 22:23   #16
Snurx
Dirte

Snurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus wouldSnurx spreads love and joy to the forum in the same way Jesus would
I have a red t-shirt, whit big, black letters, naming me a "terrorist".

I still have my bank account, (i think?) but i have used it but once in my life.
"Freedom, morality, and the human dignity of the individual consists precisely in this; that he makes waffles not because he is forced to do so, but because he freely conceives it, wants it, and loves it."
Snurx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 22:24   #17
Vanilla

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactitus
Dammit; when will you terrorists learn that your protestations of innocence just enrages us!
Your time will come infidel. You unbelievers will be made to pay!
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 22:32   #18
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
AIEE

VANILLAS A MUSLIM

HE'LL GET ALL PATHETIC AND WHINE ABOUT GIRLS
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 22:34   #19
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
AIEE

VANILLAS A MUSLIM

HE'LL GET ALL PATHETIC AND WHINE ABOUT GIRLS
He might have a valuable point to put forwards in a discussion.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 11:32   #20
Nusselt
share the <3

Nusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better placeNusselt single handedly makes these forums a better place
...so did you happen to mention that you were spending 'large' amounts of money training to use machine guns?
Nusselt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 12:16   #21
inf
Banned

inf is an unknown quantity at this point
Americans quite happily fund the IRA.
inf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 12:50   #22
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Sure you're not a terrist :/