User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Jan 2003, 20:42   #1
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Direct Connect

how can i get DC to work through my unis proxy?

i have searched in vain on google. :-(

http://www.neomodus.com

provided no answers either.
It's not personal, it's just business.
JammyJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 20:44   #2
Kiss

Wrong forum bozo.
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 20:46   #3
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
put it on passive mode, that worked for me, it's not as good though.

oh Kiss: JJ is God... he can do what he likes with this forum.

ok 3..... 2..... 1.. let's jam
Radical Edward is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 20:52   #4
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Radical Edward
put it on passive mode, that worked for me, it's not as good though.

oh Kiss: JJ is God... he can do what he likes with this forum.
ooo it has a passive mode? where's that option?

I'm sorta interested in this too because DC wont seem to work with my satellite internet. It brings up servers, but searches go nowhere and do nothing.
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 21:02   #5
Radical Edward

Radical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriendRadical Edward needs a job and a girlfriend
it's in the conection settings

settings -> connection and it is a radio button near the bottom.

I use DC 1.0 by the way.

Unread 27 Jan 2003, 21:09   #6
JammyJim
Godfather

JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JammyJim has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
doesnt work and i needed a quick answer
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 21:14   #7
Radical Edward

it was a quick answer. your uni probably has the ports you need closed. my old uni's policy was actaully to allow almost all the bandwidth for web browsing, and a tiny tiny little scrap of nothing for everything else.

Unread 27 Jan 2003, 21:53   #8
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
doesnt work and i needed a quick answer
speak to aeronic (aero) in tpe if you can find him.

he went through exactly the same thing. In the end i think he found a way, it involved typing the server name in manually. No idea if it worked in the end.
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 21:57   #9
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
JJ does KazaaLite or similar work at all?

I ask only because in Ed we can actually run fk all across the proxy, so one thing not working might be indicative of something else biting the dust.

Note:
Edinburgh University network policy is gay.
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 21:59   #10
Vanilla

Quote:
Originally posted by pablissimo

Edinburgh University is gay.
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 22:01   #11
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla
Edinburgh is gay
Why stop there?
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 22:02   #12
Vanilla

Quote:

Edinburgh gay.
That's you that is.
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 22:03   #13
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

I love how concise that fake quote makes me sound.
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 22:57   #14
Haer
Aquafresh

Haer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura aboutHaer has a spectacular aura about
DC always uses Port 411 afaik, if thats blocked then your probably screwed. Although, if I start Edonkey first, DC goes to port 412.
Haer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Jan 2003, 23:36   #15
JammyJim
Godfather

Quote:
JJ does KazaaLite or similar work at all?

I ask only because in Ed we can actually run fk all across the proxy, so one thing not working might be indicative of something else biting the dust.

Note:
Edinburgh University network policy is gay.
grokster/kazaa/winmx etc all work.

dc does not.
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 00:11   #16
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

Quote:
Originally posted by JammyJim
grokster/kazaa/winmx etc all work.

dc does not.
httptunnel style madness?
Unread 28 Jan 2003, 00:29   #17
Radical Edward

try getting hold of DC++ - it might have more features. I know it does multi-hub support.

Unread 28 Jan 2003, 00:31   #18
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

http://www.neo-modus.com/?page=Help

Comes up with

Q: I have a NATing router and would like to set Direct Connect up for active mode. What ports does it use?
A: By default, Direct Connect Uses port 412 for TCP and UDP data. This can be changed in the Direct Connect settings. To make Direct Connect work properly with your NATing router, you must enter your routers WAN IP address in Direct Connect's "Force Direct Connect to report this IP address" text box, and check associated check box.

Don't know if it helps. Probably not.