User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 27 Nov 2002, 20:56   #1
Androme

Fast Cars (quote)

Quote:
Toyota supra. 1995.
Specs
BHP 650
0-60 in 4.2 secs.
1/4 Mile in 11 secs
100 BHP shot of NOS

Body Kit:

Stillen wide-mouth front valence. Stillen sideskirts. Rod Millen rear wing. Lexus headlights under supra cowls.

ICE:Clarion VRX8271 in dash, TV/CD changer controller. Clarion VMA6481. 6in wide-screen TV moniter in in passenger dash. Clarion VMA9181 5.5in 3rd TV in boot. Clarion components. Image dynamics 6in components. 2x Image Dynamics 12in subs. 2x Phaze audio TD475 amp. Playstaion
how much would an estimated price be of all these mods? (guess which car it is heh)
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:19   #2
Structural Integrity
Rawr rawr

Structural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriendStructural Integrity needs a job and a girlfriend
DIY price, or done by a professional team?

I mean, you can come a long way with a grinder, screwdriver and a load of wood.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:22   #3
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
james bond
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 21:23   #4
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
That the supra from F&F?
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 23:00   #5
ZyrKx
sexier than you

ZyrKx is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Fast Cars (quote)

Quote:
Originally posted by Androme

how much would an estimated price be of all these mods? (guess which car it is heh)
$150,000

http://formen.ign.com/news/36045.html

HTH HAND
Without a tear I draw my parting groan
ZyrKx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 23:22   #6
Dace

After watching The Fast and The Furious i tried to "make" that Supra on Gran Turismo II.

With all the possible modifications i couldn't make it a "10 second car".

Infact i think there is only 1 or (possibly 2) cars in that entire game which are "10 second car(s)".

This made me think that The Fast and The Furious might be talking ****.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 23:25   #7
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
where in fact computer games are rl.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 23:28   #8
Rids
The Bad Guy

Rids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet societyRids is a pillar of this Internet society
Quote:
Originally posted by Dace
After watching The Fast and The Furious i tried to "make" that Supra on Gran Turismo II.

With all the possible modifications i couldn't make it a "10 second car".

Infact i think there is only 1 or (possibly 2) cars in that entire game which are "10 second car(s)".

This made me think that The Fast and The Furious might be talking ****.
All the race scenes in the film lasted more than 10 seconds, its quite obvious that the film was talking sh1t.
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 23:28   #9
Dace

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPeach
where in fact computer games are rl.

When they base specifications of a car in a game on those of a car in "real life" i would expect parallel "performance".
Unread 27 Nov 2002, 23:35   #10
MrPeach

MrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud ofMrPeach has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally posted by Dace

When they base specifications of a car in a game on those of a car in "real life" i would expect parallel "performance".
i wouldnt, simular perhaps.
MrPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 00:31   #11
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
Re: Fast Cars (quote)

Bodykit cost, installation and spray = around £2500
Lexus Headlights and install = £50
NOS with 100BHP jets = £650 - £750 inc install.
ICE: around £6000 inc install

To get 650bhp that car must have many other engine mods, not just NOS.
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 08:40   #12
xtrasyn
Lonely analytic

xtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud ofxtrasyn has much to be proud of
Re: Re: Fast Cars (quote)

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanilla
To get 650bhp that car must have many other engine mods, not just NOS.
seconded
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 11:32   #13
[Cymru]
Lord of the Sheep

[Cymru] is an unknown quantity at this point
With regard to your views on the 10 second thing. You seem to underestimate the car. It is indeed a car that has the promise of a 10 second car. If you need the proof of this then just check out some top japanese tuning firms such as Top Secret, HKS etc.

They Have done a few supras with powers anything up to 1,000bhp. One such firm took their 3.2 litre 1,000bhp supra to salt lake city to show those eight and ten litre yank cars what tuning rather than "size" can do. Such as 240-250 mph.

Oh and btw, the car was RESTRICTED to around 300 bhp when imported to the UK, japanese versions were quite highly tuned as standard, with turbo's coming as standard ofc.

Plus for a game to encompass ALL tuning possiblities for the engine you'd spend 10* more time looking for parts than racing.
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 12:31   #14
Dead_Meat
Old Man O Deh *****s

Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dead_Meat has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Toyota Supra?

You might as well hang a big sign around your neck with 'I HAVE A SMALL PENIS' written on it when you buy one.

You dont need to keep beating a dog to get it to stop shitting on the carpet
Dead_Meat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 12:44   #15
Matrim
fascinated by bridges!

Matrim is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Dead_Meat
Toyota Supra?

You might as well hang a big sign around your neck with 'I HAVE A SMALL PENIS' written on it when you buy one.

Hey. I've got that sign.

Not the car though.

Matirm
Unread 28 Nov 2002, 19:28   #16
Vanilla

Vanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura aboutVanilla has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by [Cymru]
If you need the proof of this then just check out some top japanese tuning firms such as Top Secret, HKS etc.

They're both girly tuning companies.

Blitz is the daddy

Oh, and i'd go fer a skyline over a supra