User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 13 Feb 2007, 12:27   #151
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: OK GD people, which book are you reading now?

Microsoft Visual C# 2005 Step by Step. I'm on page 297 out of 530 pages and I started the Sunday before last. I'm reading a whole series of these (6 books in all). This is the last time I ever buy a learn by example book. Next time it's going to be straight concept - although I do learn from example, it just takes me longer and it's not as in depth as I would like it.
Unread 13 Feb 2007, 14:05   #152
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold

I just finished Notes from a big country by Bill Bryson. Now I am reading A short history of nearly everything by the same author. They are both diverting and quite a good read!

Simultaneously I am also reading Dantes Comedia. Since four years now! But I am almost done!

[23:33] <@Divine> hmm I think I may have a new GF aswell
[23:33] <@Divine> but dunno yet if I want a new GF so early in the round
laputa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2007, 14:26   #153
s|k
Caveat Lector

s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.s|k has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laputa
Simultaneously I am also reading Dantes Comedia. Since four years now! But I am almost done!
I've been reading Anna Karenina for over a year now, and it's my second attempt. I will reread I think, I'm actually almost done, but I put it down when school got intense last year.
Unread 13 Feb 2007, 15:41   #154
laputa
Xanadu

laputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to beholdlaputa is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
I've been reading Anna Karenina for over a year now, and it's my second attempt. I will reread I think, I'm actually almost done, but I put it down when school got intense last year.
Lucky me the Comedia is not very long. It'd probably take me decades to read Anna Karenina

Unread 13 Feb 2007, 15:44   #155
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

A Good Live, by Simon Blackburn, some philosopher talking about ethics, intresting enough to read it, and advised for uni...
Unread 13 Feb 2007, 20:01   #156
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebdomad
Okay then, which Discworld book shall I read next? I've just read The Truth, which has probably been my favourite so far, and I was thinking of going onto the next in the series but I though I'd ask your esteemed opinions on the matter instead. Basically I like all the books that have plenty of Vetinari and guild politics in them.

once you have finished night watch, guards guards is when vetinari became a *proper* character on the disc.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Feb 2007, 20:05   #157
Mistwraith
Bad Girl

Mistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud ofMistwraith has much to be proud of

now reading :
Not your fathers horseman - Valarie Grimswold-Ford

written by a chat buddy of my daughters, sci-fi/fantasy/thriller.
For a mixed genre book, actually quite compelling, will be part of a series. Shes still writing and angsting the 2nd.
R11 -> NOW HR HC
(a round history not condusive to suceeding in exams, having a life or much sleep )
I'm not misunderstood ... I'm EVIL
Mistwraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2007, 00:11   #158
JonnyBGood
Banned

JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.JonnyBGood has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
what are you studying at uni?
The morality of the utilisation of slavery in clog manufacture.
Unread 14 Feb 2007, 00:15   #159
s|k
Caveat Lector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Is there something special about clogs?
Unread 14 Feb 2007, 00:25   #160
Proteus
Lord Denning

Proteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriendProteus needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by s|k
Is there something special about clogs?
Presumably their manufacture involves an abnormally high level of slavery.

Those crazy Dutch, you can't even trust them to make shoes without breaching the UDHR.
He was crowned in York Cathedral as 'Expert in the West' by Pope Urban III in 1186.
Proteus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Feb 2007, 00:59   #161
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by horn
what are you studying at uni?
business sciences, although I probably would've done two studies at a different uni if I could do it all over again, philosophy is one of my favourites though, and history
Unread 14 Feb 2007, 09:40   #162
laputa
Xanadu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGood
Could be a planet name of some TFD...