User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Nov 2004, 01:42   #1
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about
monitors

i need a new one can't decide between crt or a flat panel lcd/tft thingy

its gonna be used for mostly gaming, i've being told that any lcd with a high response time( like 20-25ms) is bad, oh and is they any differance between normal connection and dvi.

ie is it worth the extra cash

i'm looking for at least a 17in and roughly £200-£300

help me

and i know its the wrong forum but i would like a answer b4 i'm as old as dead_meat

One load of gollums is enough for anyone.Ta
DM.

Last edited by Kurashima; 10 Nov 2004 at 01:48.
Deathjam|wee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 02:14   #2
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

Deathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura aboutDeathjam|wee has a spectacular aura about
Re: monitors

kura what did u edit

DM.
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 02:15   #3
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

for £200-300 you seem to be looking at a 16ms response time

and there's little difference really, dvi is 'better' but i've never noticed the difference

-mist
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 02:32   #4
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road

http://www.viewsoniceurope.com/UK/Pr...rof/VP171b.htm

That is my monitor, just a smidge out of your price range, but it is goddamn fantastic
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 02:57   #5
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/produ...duct_uid=63513

i just seen that is it any good
ta

DM.
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 03:02   #6
Starbucks
It was a Stupid Dream

Starbucks is on a distinguished road

looks great man
Starbucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 03:33   #7
mist
Jolt's best friend

mist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to allmist is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by product description
Viewing Angle : 160/140 (H/V)
Response Time : 12 msM
Display Colors : 16.2M
Quote:
Originally Posted by key features
Response Time 16 ms
you might wanna look in to that...
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 09:23   #8
meglamaniac
Born Sinful

meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.meglamaniac has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

By all accounts this one is good value for money, and supports both analog and digital inputs.
Also, Sharp has a very competeive dead pixel policy - basicly, as this is a Class II monitor, if you have 2 or more pixels stuck on, or 2 or more pixels stuck off, they will replace it. When you couple that with a 3 year warrenty, if any defects show up a couple of years after purchase then you can still get ti replaced.

Link to shop.
Note that the response time quoted by the shop is too high. It says 20ms. It's 16ms - check Sharp's website.
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 10:57   #9
roadrunner_0
cynic

roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.roadrunner_0 has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbucks
http://www.viewsoniceurope.com/UK/Pr...rof/VP171b.htm

That is my monitor, just a smidge out of your price range, but it is goddamn fantastic

how much though, that site doesnt have a price on and i cant be bothered to google it cos im lazy
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 13:47   #10
Stew
Made of Twigs

Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Stew has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunner_0
how much though, that site doesnt have a price on and i cant be bothered to google it cos im lazy
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 17:34   #11
Deathjam|wee
Weeeeee

http://www.viewsoniceurope.com/UK/Pr...LCDX/VX715.htm

i went for that one

thx for the help

was £220 for random ppl who like to know stuff like that, save cash for a x800 pro next

DM.
Unread 10 Nov 2004, 17:51   #12
nick
modest sagacity

nick has a spectacular aura aboutnick has a spectacular aura aboutnick has a spectacular aura about

The biggest and most expensive monitor available.
nick is offline   Reply With Quote