User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 13 Mar 2007, 13:52   #51
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society
Re: so Conspiracy theory care to comment

A good General only fights battles he already knows he can win. When that hostility is iminent, you have to put your members in the best possible position you can. I'm sure each alliance had that in mind in making their moves.

As I said in another thread, we're not here, nor do we feel responsible to "entertain" others
Unread 13 Mar 2007, 14:11   #52
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Planet targetting only works if one allliance is decently better than the other.
The sole object of planet targetting an alliance is to crack them in as few nights as possible (2-3 nights usually) to get them off your back and resume growth, because this kind of warfare is not beneficial to the winning alliance.
I don't think VGN, Destiny or CT are in that position.
Unread 13 Mar 2007, 14:11   #53
jt25man
Victim of Marriage

jt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud ofjt25man has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
As I said in another thread, we're not here, nor do we feel responsible to "entertain" others
But you do it so well, even if unintentionally.
Unread 13 Mar 2007, 14:19   #54
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Gio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond reputeGio2k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by qebab
Bottom line is, Willzzz, that if your alliance expects (or more importantly, wants) recognition as a great, or good alliance, they need to play in a way the community finds fitting for such an alliance. If your alliance don't want or expect this, then stop acting as if you are surprised by the reaction in the community to the round.
The first round 1up played the community accused them of having poached all the quality members from the rest of the alliances.
The first round eX played the community accused them of reintroducing block wars and cheating.
The round Ascendancy won the community flamed them for exploiting the stats and the XP formula, they never fought a war.

In the end, a win is a win. Whether the community wants to acknowledge it or not is irrelevant.
Unread 13 Mar 2007, 14:29   #55
qebab
The Original Carebear

qebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himqebab is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio2k
In the end, a win is a win. Whether the community wants to acknowledge it or not is irrelevant.
Thanks, that was exactly my point. I am not saying it will not be a win, I am saying people from the top 3 alliances should stop acting as if they expect any recognition for playing in a way the community clearly don't appreciate.

Oh crap, I might be back. I should take my own advice.
qebab is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2007, 14:48   #56
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

aNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet societyaNgRyDuCk is a pillar of this Internet society

Quote:
Thanks, that was exactly my point. I am not saying it will not be a win, I am saying people from the top 3 alliances should stop acting as if they expect any recognition for playing in a way the community clearly don't appreciate.
I can't speak for Destiny or VGN, but I know in CT we don't ask for, or require recognition, if we do pull this round out, we are a round winner, just like any other alliance who has taken home a win. The same goes for Destiny and VGN ofcourse.

We would have earned our place among other round winners (as would VGN if they pull it out). Sometimes you have high scoring games with a lot of fireworks, sometimes there isn't a lot of scoring, and it's a more down in the dirt type of game, either way at the end...someone wins. It really doesn't matter how they got there, they got there.

Really no point in exploring this further imo until the ticks stop and someone has earned the trophy. They will have earned it, as they have outscored the opposition.

edit: spelling

Once that happens, I'm sure everyone can debate it till they are tired of doing so and move on to another topic.
Unread 13 Mar 2007, 14:58   #57
Gio2k
Bolivian Alpaca

Quote:
My point, on the other hand, is that the community never gave recognition to any alliance, not even to 1up or eX until they had won at least 2 rounds. So why are you making such a fuss about this win having the "recognition" of the community.
Unread 13 Mar 2007, 15:06   #58
furball
Registered Awesome Person

furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.furball has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

A win is a win, assuming it occurs without mass recruiting (let's think back to Round 10 here) or some other kind of tomfoolery. However, if you want recognition as a good or great alliance, you have to win by a distance, as opposed to grinding out a win by a few million score.

I think it'll take until Round 21 or 22 to see if such an alliance has emerged from the ashes of the 1up/eXilition era. There's certainly no evidence of one so far, especially when considering the lack of political play all round.
Unread 13 Mar 2007, 15:09   #59
aNgRyDuCk
Hired Thug

I'd agree that a great alliance should have to win multiple times, or consistantly

one win is just that... 1 win...no one (from CT atleast) is asking them to clear out a wing in the PA hall of fame
Unread 13 Mar 2007, 15:40   #60
Wandows
[Vision]

Wandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond reputeWandows has a reputation beyond repute

Its not just the amount of wins, but also the way that has been won. This round doesnt even come close to a interesting (let alone spectacular) one in terms of fighting between the top, and that is what makes ppl remember a alliance. I doubt more wins like the current round would mean ppl will view you as a great alliance, they probably will be more inclined to quit due to the boring political climate created by these "top" alliances.

Whether you like it or not (at least you do not care), the fights between the top alliances are always the main source for speculation and discussion in the community. Without these fights the whole PA "feeling" will simple die (if there is any left at this point that is).
Unread 13 Mar 2007, 16:12   #61
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
If Sjor is actually trying to say that VGN can't win now, I'm going to seriously consider disavowing all knowledge of ever having been a part of them.

Honestly. You guys should have a lot of stockpiled resources, let's see how things look once you've spent them.

furb its a close run
if round would last 1 week longer vgn would win even if we face at elast 3 alliances now
but the fact taht we held 11 of top 20 roid positions and that a single ETD land on one of those planets gives the attacker a lot of XP makes it a bit hard to keep up with the score

i jsut stole 7k co and payed for it 70 roids. could have stole all but the noob system makes stealing of last pods very expensive

the target that lost 270k value gained a bit score so thats just fun

Prod to not have been in many alliances
Sjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2007, 16:16   #62
Sjor

Sjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to beholdSjor is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by furball
A win is a win, assuming it occurs without mass recruiting (let's think back to Round 10 here) or some other kind of tomfoolery. However, if you want recognition as a good or great alliance, you have to win by a distance, as opposed to grinding out a win by a few million score.

I think it'll take until Round 21 or 22 to see if such an alliance has emerged from the ashes of the 1up/eXilition era. There's certainly no evidence of one so far, especially when considering the lack of political play all round.
mass recruiting is just another way to win
any top 5 ally would have won the round if it had 10 good xp planets as they would have low value and could have been added in the end
makes at least 20M score they bring with them.

2 rounds ago u wasnt even allowed to have scanners out of tag
it all changes and becomes legal

and the later u tag the more chances u have to win
so fu** the allainces and the community this game has

Unread 13 Mar 2007, 16:17   #63
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe you have the biggest value planets because you didnt adapt to this round and see that xp is the way to go. If value had been more of a way to go, im sure you wouldnt have 11\20 top roids.
Unread 13 Mar 2007, 16:20   #64
Alki
Drink is Good

Alki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better placeAlki single handedly makes these forums a better place

the top 10 begs to differ
Unread 13 Mar 2007, 16:25   #65
isildurx

isildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond reputeisildurx has a reputation beyond repute

Ally wise its smarter to look at the top 100
Unread 13 Mar 2007, 16:38   #66
Sjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by isildurx
Maybe you have the biggest value planets because you didnt adapt to this round and see that xp is the way to go. If value had been more of a way to go, im sure you wouldnt have 11\20 top roids.
yeah time for me to go
on friday im definately stopping to play

has been nice playing with u all

Unread 13 Mar 2007, 16:41   #67
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

my only complaint is that there no longer is any real top-tier alliance left in planetarion, and i can't see any of the current ones progressing to be one either. with regards to duck's earlier comment;
Quote:
Originally Posted by aNgRyDuCk
I'd agree that a great alliance should have to win multiple times, or consistantly
Xanadu, Eclipse - they didn't win multiple rounds or consistently yet seen as top-tier/great alliances. why? because they played like it, this is what i mean by my only complaint aforementioned. ah well round too far from ending at last, at least.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2007, 16:41   #68
lokken
BlueTuba

lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.lokken has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

last round was a value round, this wasn't I'm not sure what the problem with value is. The winner will be a value player most likely.
Unread 13 Mar 2007, 16:44   #69
jerome

jerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so littlejerome contributes so much and asks for so little

the problem is that the round is too short, simple as that, for value to pay off in the end. in addition to that, there isn't one single huge alliance as there usually is with exi/1up with a ton of roids on their planets which would occupy most of the top rankings and earn more than what xp based players would - though vgn partially achieve this, but fall off since it's only a few they have and the rest are far less impressive.
jerome is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2007, 17:03   #70
Sjor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerome
the problem is that the round is too short, simple as that, for value to pay off in the end. in addition to that, there isn't one single huge alliance as there usually is with exi/1up with a ton of roids on their planets which would occupy most of the top rankings and earn more than what xp based players would - though vgn partially achieve this, but fall off since it's only a few they have and the rest are far less impressive.

the problem is having to many problems and trying to satisfy ppl on several levels what aint working

Unread 13 Mar 2007, 18:57   #71
Amycus
Flame me...

Amycus will become famous soon enoughAmycus will become famous soon enough

Maybe we should just go back to r2 stats and just be done with it.
r4: [Tuba]HC
r11: [SiN]
r12: [SiN]HC
r13: [eX]
r19: [TGV]
r20: Destiny
r21: What? Are you kidding?

Ooooomph! Come back Noah02!
Amycus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 13 Mar 2007, 20:07   #72
Rinoa
Reject False Icons

Rinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to beholdRinoa is a splendid one to behold

Or a 65 man a side game of the playground classic 'British bulldogs'?
Wolfpack - Dc
xVx - DC
Apprime -_-
Rinoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Mar 2007, 16:36   #73
Furbie_Fanatic
Dinosaur

Furbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the roughFurbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the roughFurbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the roughFurbie_Fanatic is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amycus
Maybe we should just go back to r2 stats and just be done with it.
That would be a sound idea. And get rid of prelaunching so I have someone to talk to all night. Maybe add some nostalgia with a nightly server-burp too.
If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him. Pretend to be weak, that he may grow arrogant. If he is taking his ease, give him no rest. If his forces are united, separate them. If sovereign and subject are in accord, put division between them. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where you are not expected.

Dont Trust Anyone!
Furbie_Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote