User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > Roleplaying

Unread 31 Jul 2003, 21:38   #1
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

Gryffin is an unknown quantity at this point
The Idler's Return

*There is a street. A normal street, as one might find in a normal Irish town. And on the street, is a pub, as one would expect. With a name; The Idler's Return. Inside is what you would expect...a bar, stools at the bar, tables around the edge, with small wooden dividers between them. There is even a pool table and a darts board, marking this place as something a little better than a meer hole for getting drunk in. There is an owner, leaning against the bar, wondering yet again if he had blown all his money on setting up an Irish pub in the middle of this place was worth it. There is even a small sticker on the inside of the door stating that those under 18 may not purchase alcohol on the premise. Gryffin walks forward to the inner door, and unlocks it, before going out and wedging the outer door open. A small smile played across his face, before turning back inside.*

[ooc] Welcome to my pub If you want a job, ask for it, and I may give it to you. Acidk has, predictably, already asked for and got bartender, so fight over/make up the rest yourselves. Also, there is a special on Guiness and Harp, obviously [ooc]

<mintos> I got to stop talking
Gryffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 21:50   #2
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

AcidK has a spectacular aura aboutAcidK has a spectacular aura about
*AcidK blinks into the bar, the bar outlook itself changing a little so it could contain at least one bottle of his own experiment drinks, Myst Breakers and other such drinks not usually found in a normal pub. AcidK looked around, made sure the bar was stocked full of drinks and made absolutely sure that pepsi was not being served. Satisfied, AcidK pulls out an already lit cigar and waits for the first order.*
Demand to see life's manager.
Make life rue the day it thought it could give me lemons.
Do you know who I am?
I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down!
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
AcidK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 23:12   #3
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road
*Kama mutters something about more competition as he steps in
"I'd like to apply for cheif sabatour, if the positions available..."
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 23:36   #4
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
*DD wanders in and looks around. After a good look DD slaps a newspaper on the bar and looks at Gryffin*

"I'm here about the job in the paper. the one that says 'experianced drinker needed to get drunk in local pub and cause trouble. Must be good at smashing things.' Well, here i am"
We shall remember them.
Demon Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jul 2003, 23:43   #5
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK appears next to Demon Dave.*

Good, you can start by drinking two Besilon Twists... if you can stand up, the smashing can be done in the other room, the one with the pool table and annoying kids.

*AcidK appears next to Kama.*

Well, sir, if you'd care to take a drink or two first.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 00:18   #6
J-Kama-Ka-C
Held Back

J-Kama-Ka-C is on a distinguished road
"Hmm, well I might as well start right away... several of your best value beverages, preferably something you sell at a considerable loss... how about water, do you do free water?"
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 00:24   #7
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
*Crazy runs in through the doorway, knocking the wedge out of the way and slamming the door shut, before running and hiding under the pool table, clutching a pool cue and mummbling to himself about how 'they' wouldn't look for him in such an obvious place as this*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Ghetto Master Ellis says:
Heil Crazy!
Crazyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 00:37   #8
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK stares at kama, his starfeild eyes twinkling, yet unchanging.*

Water... yes we sell free water, to which is paid for by the selling of virtually every other drink in the bar, especially my creations. Might I suggest that sabotaging this establishment might get you to pay for each and every act. Starting at the price of Myst Breaker.

*AcidK hands Kama a half pint of water.*

But, it's not my establishemnt so I wont enforce such rules
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 18:10   #9
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road
Heiro wanders in, staggers up to the bar, and looks around.

Pulling up a barstool, Heiro winks, and looks at the rest of the room. Waiting until Acid is free, Heiro patiently asks for a bloody bartender.

"I don't drink this irish stuff, never got the taste for it..."
Unread 1 Aug 2003, 20:32   #10
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

*Gryffin wags a finger at Heiro, and laughs.*

"You should try it. Tis good stuff, though Guiness is an aquired taste I suppose. I'll pull you a pint free, sa'in' as it's me first day open."

*Gryffin takes a pint glass from the shelf, spins it in his hand, and pulls a pint for Heiro. He then walks down the bar to where Acidk is talking with Kama and DD.*

"DD, you're hired, and Kama, you don't sabotage here, and I won't sabotage Kifune, yeah? Then everyone's happy."

*Gryffin grins, and this only slightly slips when he spots Crazy under the pool table.*

Unread 2 Aug 2003, 12:58   #11
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK appears looming over Heiro.*

I hardly serve irish stuff, anything else whilst you wait, Mr. Heiro?
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 2 Aug 2003, 22:08   #12
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

Demon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriendDemon Dave needs a job and a girlfriend
*DD begins his drinking binge, checking off each pint he drinks on a checklist. Seeing everyone look at him DD looks at his list*

"what?"
We shall remember them.
Unread 2 Aug 2003, 22:54   #13
Heiro
'Mael'

Heiro is on a distinguished road
"Yes. Bartender, Slit your wrists, and mix it with this Guiness. That should make an interesting Drink"

Waiting, Heiro smiles, and takes a sip from the guiness.
Unread 3 Aug 2003, 11:42   #14
vampire_lestat
Mathamagician

vampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet societyvampire_lestat is a pillar of this Internet society
*lestat opens the pub door, and walks in, seeming more than a little like an Englishman in a pub for the Irish. He walks to the bar, thows some poor idiot out of the way who is trying to use some fake ID and slams a £5 note on the bartop, with a considerable thud*

"hay you! bartender! take this"

*lestat slides the note across the surface*

"and gimme a fecking pint o' good English ale! Not stout, had enough of that, ale!"

at which point lestat notices he is making a scene and eyes some skin-headed irish blokes standing in a corner looking like they are going to pound 10 pounds of crap out of him if he doesn't shut up, he then mumbles something incoherantly, the only words that can be picked up are "should've stayed in england" and "bloody skinheads". he then sits more upright and says

"sorry about that barkeep, i'll have a pint of guinness as well, for the sake of apperances"

*lestat slides a few odd coins across the surface, downs the, picks up the guinness and walks over to dave. Eying the list in daves hand hepoints to a couple of different drinks that have not yet been ticked and states rather bluntly

"they're just like making love in a canoe, them"

he than pulls up a stool, downs his guinness and mumbles something about the guinness being bloody warm, and how warm stout tastes like crap.

"barkeep,"

*lestat looks at daves list again, noting which things he has not yet drunk are good and which aren't*

"i'll have two of theese"

*lestat points to a fine beer on daves list, making it visable to the bartender*

*lestat then pushes more money towards the bartender, and again thows a glance ant the skinheads, almost falling off his stool as he does so*
Unread 3 Aug 2003, 20:20   #15
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

[ooc] Hey! No slagging off my drinks, if you please. And I doubt anyone would care if you bought guiness or not, but I just happen to like it [ooc]

*Gryffin looks around, looking for those who seem to be threatening one of his customers, even if he is and idiot. And English, but that was a side point, since they were in the North. Still politics were not allowed in his pub, he was not about to allow a riot, and he had Acidk has backup if he needed to dispose of anyone. A couple of bald guys wander up to the bar, and settle into a chat with him about the upcoming world cup, and the strange one who seemed to be paraniod kept looking at the strangely. Gryffin motions Acidk over, and talks to him quietly so no-one else can hear.*

"See the new guy at the end? Make sure he's okay, yeah? He looks a little unsteady, and could be ill."

Unread 4 Aug 2003, 01:06   #16
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK looks stone-cold into Lestat, his eye twitching at points. He could hear Lestat and what he was saying, confused somewhat as the guiness he gave Lestat was a perfect pint of Guiness Extra Cold, poured with exactly 3/4 inch of head and only half an inch of settling underneath, the way it should be like when served. then AcidK looks at the beer, pulls it out and looks at the label.*

'Aass Bayer'... a fine choice in drink, Mr. Lestat.

*AcidK gives Heiro his beer and looks away carefully as the M-Virus enters into Heiro's blood stream. AcidK refraims from looking and instead leans over to Gryffin's ear and talks with a volume lower than a whisper.*

If there's trouble, then DD can come in handy
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 04:20   #17
Verric
Idiot

Verric is an unknown quantity at this point
Verric skips in and up to the bar.
"I'd like some apple cider, sir!" he says brightly.
Verric is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 19:33   #18
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Dry, Sweet or Strong, Mr. Verric?
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 22:06   #19
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

*Gryffin nods slowly.*

Sure, but try to keep it to a minimum; the door is there for a reason.

*Gryffin slips out from behind the bar, and walks over to the quivering Crazy under the pool table.*

"Hey. You alright under there? Don't want me to get you a drink or anything?"

Unread 5 Aug 2003, 22:14   #20
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

Crazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to beholdCrazyboy is a splendid one to behold
*As Crazy watches someone approach him, he gets quite nervous and rather angry. As that person comes into range, Crazy lashes out with the cue, seconds before he realises that the man is the owner of the establishment. Quickly discarding the cue, and looking innocent and as if nothing had happened, Crazy nods and asks for some random and rather inconprehensable drink and walks up to the bar*

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 5 Aug 2003, 22:57   #21
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

*Gryffin watches Crazy walk over to the bar, and then replaces the cue on the table. He wonders if every nutter is going to single out here because they have been thrown out of everywhere else already.*

Unread 6 Aug 2003, 02:16   #22
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK hands Crazy his drink wordlessly.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 11:16   #23
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

*Crazy takes a sip of his drink, swills it around his mouth, while frowning then spits it out*

"Hey! This aint the drink I asked for! I asked for [insert some complete random mummblings that cannot be made out]"

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 16:27   #24
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

Actually, sir, that IS the drink you ordered and that IS [insert mumbling exact to pitch and tone of what Crazy said]. If you do not feel it is the same drink, then that means that you have been drinking something that is not the same.

*AcidK looks sternly at Crazy, his hand ready on a 'Sanity' dart.*

And I beleive that the more trouble you may try and cause, the more tempted I will become to lash out.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 20:10   #25
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

*Gryffin goes back behind the bar, and leans on it beside Acidk.*

"Leave lashing out as a last resort, yeah? I seem to remember last time you did, most of the building dissappeared. Admitted, you were lashing out at an army at the time, but still...."

*Gryffin wonders if Crazy is quick enough to pick up the hint.*

Unread 6 Aug 2003, 20:18   #26
Crazyboy
'Insanity Prevails'

"No. This ISN'T the drink I asked for. I asked for [incoherant mummbling]. Notice the sense stress on the 3rd, 5th, 9th and 14th syllables. But the drink you gave me is [incoherant mummblings], with sense stresses on the 2nd, 8th, 9th and 12th syllables."

Quote:
Zen Master Ellis says:
I admit defeat...

Heil Crazy!
Unread 6 Aug 2003, 21:12   #27
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK leans down onto the bar so his eyes were a looming over Crazy's.*

Then why was it you stressed on those syllibles the first time you asked for the drink... I suppose your nervousness is getting the better of you.

*AcidK, under the counter, loads the dart into his arm-built tranquilizer.*

If you desire a different drink then I shall arrange it, but in terms of my bar NO-ONE spits out what I serve... otherwise they will find out what I can really do with drinks.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 04:11   #28
Verric
Idiot

"I like sweet," says Verric, after some deliberation. He has noticed nothing happening. "Sweet is good."
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 10:19   #29
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK looks around and stares at a small row of sweet ciders. He randomy picks one out and pours Verric a pint. AcidK pours himself a Cripple Cọck, a Strong, Dry cider he has not had for a long time.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 7 Aug 2003, 22:30   #30
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

*Gryffin looks along the racks of cider, unaware that he had had so many in stock, but reasons that one of the benifits of having Acidk as barman was the bounty he brought with him. Pouring himself a small glass of the one Verric had taken, he goes back to serving the other patrons, while Acidk looms over Crazy.*

Unread 7 Aug 2003, 23:45   #31
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

*DD tears off a copy of his checklist and hands it to AcidK*

"Whatever you've got that's on that list i'll have it. and if you haven't got some of them just suppliment it with some of your more 'exotic' drinks"
We shall remember them.
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 02:05   #32
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*Acidk looks down at the list and begins moving with speed, the pints, shots and bottles were quickly produced onto the bar with umbrellas, salt, lemon or any other extras that may be used for the drinking specifications. He finishes by producing an Emotion Blast, an added extra not on the list.*

There you go, Mr. Demon Dave... all the drinks on your list plus a drink on the house for buying so many. I'll place it on the tab, per as usual.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 04:01   #33
Verric
Idiot

Verric inspects his cider, drinks half, and then fills the rest with coca cola. He happily sculls the mixture.
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 19:37   #34
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

*Gryffin watches DD's row of drinks with some amusement, wondering how he will manage to drink all of them without being sick, or possibly exploding.*

Unread 8 Aug 2003, 22:08   #35
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

*DD begins drinking the copious amount of booze (chucking the glass over his shoulder after he has finished with it) and, after drinking half of the pile, passes out for a week*

/ooc/ going away tomorrow for a week, be back next Saturday (16th) /ooc/
We shall remember them.
Unread 8 Aug 2003, 23:28   #36
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK looks at Gryffin, accidentally reading his last thought.*

With anything I serve, we'd be lucky if the bar didn't blow up, let alone him. Anyway, we'd better not nudge him, or there'd be one mad, tired and rather brutish drunk on our hands... at least now he is dormant.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 9 Aug 2003, 16:01   #37
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

*Gryffin nods agreement, and then frowns.*

"Do you think we could risk moving him to lie on one of the couches at the back? His present position doesn't look too stable..." *Gryffin nods at DD balancing asleep on his bar stool.* "...but throwing him out would probably consitute a public safety hazard."

Unread 10 Aug 2003, 12:09   #38
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

I do not know, imagine what he would be thinking as he wakes up... I, for one, do not want to see that.

*AcidK gives DD a questioning look.*
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 10 Aug 2003, 20:13   #39
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

"We should find out if he is thinking when he wakes up. Everything else is small fry compared to that."

Unread 12 Aug 2003, 04:19   #40
Verric
Idiot

Verric builds a sandcastle under a bar stool, humming happily to himself.
Unread 12 Aug 2003, 20:01   #41
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

*Gryffin watches Verric's project with interest, vaguely wondering where he got the sand from.*

Unread 12 Aug 2003, 23:24   #42
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK scratches the back of the neck and leans to Gryffin.*

Is it me or does that sand look like the stuff we use outside as a large ashtray?
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 03:01   #43
Verric
Idiot

Verric sticks sea shells in the sides, as window shutters. At the top, he pokes a twig into the sand, and drages sea weed around it.
Unread 15 Aug 2003, 22:15   #44
Gryffin
Squiqchef Hextrodinaire

*Gryffin watches Verric a little more, and then suddenly turns around to stare at Acidk with a small frown on his face.*

"We have a large ashtray outside? But there's nothing there but the street."

Unread 16 Aug 2003, 11:34   #45
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK's eyes widened.*

So where the hel did that drum of sand come from...?
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 16 Aug 2003, 13:24   #46
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

*DD wakes up from his week long alcohol induced coma after eventually falling off the back of his stool*

"oooooh my head... i hate hangovers. i need some more booze"

*DD then begins drinking again from were he left off*
We shall remember them.
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 01:59   #47
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

How about some Hangover Bluuugh, Mr. DD? Perfect hangover cure.
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 09:50   #48
Demon Dave
Insanity Prawn Boy!

"Perfect hangover cure eh? is it alcoholic?"
We shall remember them.
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 10:49   #49
flapjack
crashed computer

flapjack is infamous around these parts
*flapjack comes falling into the bar, door first, then flapjack's head, then the rest of his body*

*flapjack looks at the damage he did to the barstool he hit, and to the guy underneath it with a large pile of sand*

*flapjack then wonders why doors must always be so picky, immediatly followed by the sudden sensation everyone is apparently looking at him and the door, he thus picks the door up again and, after swinging it dangerously close to the bar, several nearby people and a barstool, throws it back in the gaping hole where it used to be*

'oops, should remember not to push to hard of the door handle next time, and not to shoulder bash the door if it won't open'

<Gryffin> ungrateful wretches
<Gryffin> they should be here!
<Gryffin> so I can grace them with my presence
flapjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 17 Aug 2003, 12:04   #50
AcidK
Assassin For Hire

*AcidK looks at DD with a smile.*

Would I serve you anything that wasn't?

*AcidK looks at flapjack.*

What may I get you, mate? Dragon-Drunk? Acid Volcano Bomb?
Do you know who I am?
With the lemons.