User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions

Unread 5 Dec 2003, 23:29   #1
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Dilly_D is infamous around these partsDilly_D is infamous around these parts
anyone know if this exists?

a program that would enable me to play ps2 disks on my pc?
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 23:34   #2
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: anyone know if this exists?

http://www.emulator-zone.com/doc.php/ps2/pcsx2.html is the closest you'll get, though most emu's of that type won't run commerical games.
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 23:38   #3
Plastic-Wrap
Guilty of being White

Plastic-Wrap is an unknown quantity at this point

why would you want to do such a thing anyways
<ckx> and they get all bitchy
<ckx> "I"M ONLY 13, I'M ONLY 13!!!"
Plastic-Wrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Dec 2003, 23:39   #4
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Doing it with modern consoles is just an alternative way of saying 'I'm going to DL iso's of games for a console I don't own'.

Doing it with old machines which you can't get any more rocks.

LO MR SNES
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:00   #5
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Bunga has a little shameless behaviour in the past

As far as I know (which is far on this topic) there is currently no emulator for PS2 games in existance. It sucks, I know, but there you go.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:19   #6
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablissimo
Doing it with modern consoles is just an alternative way of saying 'I'm going to DL iso's of games for a console I don't own'.

Doing it with old machines which you can't get any more rocks.

LO MR SNES
yes, I've just re-discovered the fantastic world of snes roms....zelda 3 rocks, as does super mario world
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:28   #7
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I've got a REAL SNES with REAL GAMES such as this Zelda III (A link to the past), Super Mario World and... and. Secret of Mana with the map and booklet and box.

Worship me as your god.

I could also lap everyone on 150cc in Mario Kart.
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:30   #8
the_dastardley_chihuahua
Damn Dog

the_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud ofthe_dastardley_chihuahua has much to be proud of

i bought a snes off ebay for £8 about a year ago.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:37   #9
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrL_JaKiri
I've got a REAL SNES with REAL GAMES such as this Zelda III (A link to the past), Super Mario World and... and. Secret of Mana with the map and booklet and box.

Worship me as your god.

I could also lap everyone on 150cc in Mario Kart.
you don't happen to have super mario rpg, do ya? if so, is it any good?
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:42   #10
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Fraid not.

I have Super Probotector though, and that should be enough for any man.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 01:56   #11
Dilly_D
Oh Canada!

Quote:

Super Probotector
eh?
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 02:02   #12
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

A rather fine Konami side scrolling shooter.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 03:11   #13
NEWSBOT3
NEWSBOT

NEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriendNEWSBOT3 needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly_D
you don't happen to have super mario rpg, do ya? if so, is it any good?
i had it, and it was fking awful
[20:27:47] <nodrog-aawy> **** i think my housemate just caught me masturbating
[11:25:32] <idimmu> you are a little piggy arent you
[13:17:00] <KaneED> i'm so closet i'm like narnia
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 03:15   #14
Knight Theamion
Miles Teg

Knight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himKnight Theamion is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

paging koen to thread 172821
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 03:22   #15
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

mrl, i'd lap you 1,2,3 times, on 50cc, 100cc, 150cc, all tracks, all carts. (mariokart on the SNES i'm talking about then).
i'm playing this game for 10 years now. all holidays i played for hours and hours and hours. no way you can beat me.
i dare to bet everything on that.

no, i'm serious.
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 12:14   #16
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

What I liked about SMK is, at a certain level, you became invulnerable because you could just jump over things like shells and banana skins.

And whilst you may beat me on Mario Kart, which I haven't played to any great degree for several years, I'd probably kick your ass at Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Lylat Wars, Super Smash Brothers, MKII, SF2:T, F-Zero and all the other applicable games.

There were two of us at school who were the best at everything on Nintendo consoles, although he couldn't match me on PC games (Warcraft, Starcraft, TA, Quake, Unreal, C&C, Tribes, etc)
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:04   #17
Dante Hicks
Clerk

Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Dante Hicks has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

I doubt you'd beat me at Street Fighter.

We have the arcade machine version of it, twice! (although one of them is in bits). But the SNES will always remain my fave version.

Is it just me or was the SNES the best console ever which pissed over any competetion (past and present)?
Dante Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:10   #18
Hostile
The Milky Bar Kid

Hostile is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
A rather fine Konami side scrolling shooter.
respect to MrL, twas amazing except for that top down level 2.

also i am a god at goldeneye, i could be jaws, you could be oddjob, and I could only use the slap/chop attack and I would still win!
Hostile is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:20   #19
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I doubt that.

Anyway, oddjob was rubbish. People who couldn't aim properly still got headshots.

The Arctic trooper who was the same colour as most of the walls was the way to go.

(Siberian Special Forces, if memory serves)

Remember you're talking to someone who is used (in console FPS's) to shooting at the aliens in perfect dark with small heads.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:22   #20
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome
Treasure Diver Champion, Alien Commander Champion, Magic Ball Champion

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
Is it just me or was the SNES the best console ever which pissed over any competetion (past and present)?
It's not just you.

The SNES is the 'Transformers' of games systems, making the Master System the 'Go-Bots'.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:23   #21
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Hicks
I doubt you'd beat me at Street Fighter.

We have the arcade machine version of it, twice! (although one of them is in bits). But the SNES will always remain my fave version.

The SNES was the best console ever.

Ryu++ btw.

Oh, and once again it's not a question of me being better at a specific game; it's a matter of being better at all the rest.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:25   #22
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos
It's not just you.

The SNES is the 'Transformers' of games systems, making the Master System the 'Go-Bots'.
The mega drive and, to a lesser degree, the saturn were the the SNES equivs.

Master Systems I and II were NES styleee.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:26   #23
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Of course, I'd kick your ass at Lylat Wars and Super Smash Borthers, MrL.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:33   #24
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

Apothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so littleApothos contributes so much and asks for so little

Quote:
The mega drive and, to a lesser degree, the saturn were the the SNES equivs.

Master Systems I and II were NES styleee.
I realise this, but i own(ed) a MegaDrive and think it is atleast deserving of a 'Thundercats' or a 'He-Man' rating, which are more difficult to draw comparison between themselves and Transformers (original). Which is why i generalised with the term "games systems".
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:35   #25
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunga
Of course, I'd kick your ass at Lylat Wars and Super Smash Borthers, MrL.
You'd like to think that.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:36   #26
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apothos
I realise this, but i own(ed) a MegaDrive and think it is atleast deserving of a 'Thundercats' or a 'He-Man' rating, which are more difficult to draw comparison between themselves and Transformers (original). Which is why i generalised with the term "games systems".
I'd say the Mega CD would be the 'Go Bots'
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:39   #27
Apothos
Not Dark or Handsome

Would that make the Master System 'She-Ra' then?
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:41   #28
deerbarn
Anal Crumb

deerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to beholddeerbarn is a splendid one to behold

you all seem to have forgotten about supermario three . Not to mention the best ever turtles game (the nes one)
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:42   #29
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Quote:
You'd like to think that.
Especially SSB. I am just the best at that game.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:44   #30
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Super Mario 3 was only included on the SNES in Mario All Stars (which I have, along with the origional NES version). It is quite clearly the best platformer ever.

I also have 4 copies of the TMHT game on the NES.

The Master System was more of an 'Attack of the Killer Tomatos' in my opinion.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:46   #31
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Especially SSB. I am just the best at that game.
Pika pika! is all I have to say to you.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:48   #32
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Jiggily! Since I figured out his super attack I haven't lost a single game. Which was a while ago.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:50   #33
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

The trouble with that is if the opponent just stays on the ground you're screwed, because they can just dodge it.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:54   #34
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Its not like I use it to the exclusion of all else, I can swallow people and jump of cliffs too. Then spit them out and fly back up. And Jiggly's Chun-li type kick thing is just to good to be true.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 14:57   #35
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

The swallowing doesn't work very well; as for the kick, a dodge and throw deals with that rather nicely.

Jigglypuff isn't very good, really. There aren't enough moves causing either high damage or long distance, or both.

Of course, I had the benefit of playing against someone of about the same level; you get much better that way than just winning all the time.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 15:01   #36
Bunga
I'm not a poet

I know he isn't that good really, thats why I use him. I prefer Samus and Link, but I still win with Jiggly all the time.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 15:03   #37
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Link?

Ahahahahha.

He's incredibly slow.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 15:07   #38
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Yes. All characters have advantages and disadvantages. Or had you not noticed that yet?

I mean, its not like this is SSB:M and any n00bish dork can play as Marth and still present a threat to experienced players.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 15:09   #39
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

The characters have different levels of 'goodness', if you will.

Against someone who actually knows how to play the game, using a swift character, link is dead in the water. The increased power/distance of the attacks doesn't matter if you don't connect.

Melee wise, I prefer Roy to Marth, unless it's a 4 player. But I prefer Sheik to both.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 15:13   #40
Nodrog

Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Nodrog has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Ness is the best character by far once you know how to use him, but kirby is a bit overpowered and its good he was nerffed for :Melee.
Nodrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 15:16   #41
Bunga
I'm not a poet

The probem with Roy is that his sword is strongest at close range, while Marth is stronger the further from the opponent you are. And Marth has a longer sword. So n00bs just stand around and use the C button to smash as soon as you get close. I played a lot against a fag who loved Marth and was actually pretty good, so it wasimpossible to get close to him. Then he would smash me... god he was annoying. He beat me about 4 times in 5 when he played as Marth.

I usually play as Samus or MewTwo in Melee. I've tried picking up a few other characters, like Jiggly (who got some serious boosting in melee), kirby (for the upward throw, only thing I use with kirby ) and Peach. Sure, Zelda can be good with a person who can play her, but I think she's a boring character. Mr. Game and Watch is nice though... he has a few seriously powerfull smashes.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 15:16   #42
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

I prefer Pika to Ness, although he has the best defensive moves (with the yoyo) which can stop, for instance, Jigglypuff doing ANYTHING.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 15:18   #43
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Hey

Both buttons now say quote (by posts)
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 15:19   #44
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Only in a 1 v 1. If there are ther players things get to chaotic for Ness to be able to stand around and just defend. Of course, if you play with set lives he still can (or has to, rather). But who does that?
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 15:20   #45
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Marth doesn't work so well if you have items on, or are against a character with a decent ranged attack. He's best, for instance, against Donkey Kong with weapons off.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 15:21   #46
Bunga
I'm not a poet

They do! I have 1 'edit' button on my posts, and two 'quote' buttons! One blue and one brown.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 15:24   #47
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Quote:
Only in a 1 v 1. If there are ther players things get to chaotic for Ness to be able to stand around and just defend. Of course, if you play with set lives he still can (or has to, rather). But who does that?
Stock is much better than timed, because some characters can't do enough damage to compete with the more deadly characters in timed, whilst in stock they can cause damage but not take it.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 15:24   #48
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Remember that he can pick up weapons, too. If he gets a laser gun or a light sabre he's pretty much invincable.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 15:26   #49
Bunga
I'm not a poet

Quote:
Stock is much better than timed, because some characters can't do enough damage to compete with the more deadly characters in timed, whilst in stock they can cause damage but not take it.
Just play for five or ten minutes. Thats plenty of time for any "weaker" characters to place a few finished blows, and most of the weakers characters can take a pounding or avoid taking a pounding. Sure, they do less damage and kill less, but they don't die as often as say Captain Falcon or Pikachu.
Unread 6 Dec 2003, 15:28   #50
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

Why do you say that for the laser sword? It's got a reasonably long range, and it's very good to throw, but that's still a one off item.

I find with the gun that if you throw an item in their direction they either have to get hit by it, opening them up for a close attack, or dodge it, again letting you get in close if you time it correctly.

I still prefer no items.