User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 30 Jan 2004, 23:47   #1
Piketa

Piketa is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Who can update me?

Hey everyone,

My name is Piketa, and I'm just some old veteran PA player. I kind of lost interest in the game, when it was completely changed, went down for no reason and was then sold, to make us wait for ages till we could play again.
Anyway, after quite some time, almost a year now, I think, I'm back. Well, back in the community, that is. And thinking about starting to play again next round.

However, what has immidiatly come to my attention, apart from the extremely crappy portal layout, is the extreme change this game AND community has gone through. My first visit on IRC has made me wonder: are there still any old players from "my time" playing this game? And what has changed? I noticed, when opening a channellist, that most of the old alliances have disapaired.

So, what I'm really asking: is there anyone who's willing to update me? What has changed? What alliances are dominating nowadays? Are the old vets still around? And most important, is PA still a game, as it used to be, worthy of spending money and (nightly) time for?

Hope someone can supply me with some answers.

Piketa.
Piketa is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 00:22   #2
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Re: Who can update me?

http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=173327

I'd retype it all, but I'm too lazy. You'll find answers to most of your questions in there
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 00:51   #3
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

/me waves

There are speedrounds coming up.. brings back memories?
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 03:02   #4
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

Hey Piketa, welcome back (:

Certainly much of the community as you knew it, are long gone.
But I have now been "tricked" back into action, and steps are being taken to bring us a bit upwards again. The speedgame series starting Feb 7th are the first small steps, and more is coming shortly, that I do know.
The game is quite changed too, in pretty much every major aspect (and I think most people in here would say to the worse, allthough I am inclined to disagree on many points), but harsh steps had to be taken to try to stop the downward spiral.
But stick around, you might see some promising changes
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 05:57   #5
Ice-Lady
Pandoras Box of filth

Ice-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura aboutIce-Lady has a spectacular aura about

There are some old PA players left within the community, like me :P
Ice-Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 09:57   #6
Piketa

Hey dabult! Good to see at least one femiliar face here!

Leshy, thanks for the big story in the other topic. I knew everything that happend till r8, but it's good to bring up old memories. It's a sad story, though.

And Spinner, good to see you're still around. PA wouldn't be PA without you. Hope the changes will be as promising as you say they will. I've read parts of the manual, and I must say, things changed big time! Doesn't look very bad, though. Just... different.

Can you tell me, how long till the current round ends? I'm wondering wether it's still worth playing it for a while to get to know the game again.

Last edited by Piketa; 31 Jan 2004 at 10:12.
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 10:15   #7
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

just depends how you rate old players
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 10:21   #8
Piketa

Old players are those that played in "my time", in the days PA was fun and addicting. Round 3 to 7, mainly.
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 10:33   #9
cypher
U've been Moderated

cypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant futurecypher has a brilliant future

guess i am then:P 3 till 9.5
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 10:36   #10
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piketa
Hey dabult! Good to see at least one femiliar face here!

Leshy, thanks for the big story in the other topic. I knew everything that happend till r8, but it's good to bring up old memories. It's a sad story, though.

And Spinner, good to see you're still around. PA wouldn't be PA without you. Hope the changes will be as promising as you say they will. I've read parts of the manual, and I must say, things changed big time! Doesn't look very bad, though. Just... different.

Can you tell me, how long till the current round ends? I'm wondering wether it's still worth playing it for a while to get to know the game again.

There is no round running now.. last round stopped before christmas and went to havoc for ages, we are getting 3 speedrounds during february followed by a final in march, after that r11 will hopefully be up soonish.
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 11:25   #11
Piketa

So, if I wanna get to know the new PA, I'd have to play speedround, right? Well... as I saw it has private galaxies, anyone got some space left for an old PA addict, for the speedgame of 14th and 15th February?
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 13:04   #12
cypher
U've been Moderated

lol pm thunder:P you can have my place at valentine's day:P
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 13:22   #13
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Your nick sounds familiar, got no clue from what alliance or what irc room though
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 14:22   #14
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.Leshy has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.

Quote:
So, if I wanna get to know the new PA, I'd have to play speedround, right?
The speedround would be a great place for you to see what PaX was all about (Planetarion R10). For Round 11, the current PA Team is working to combine the best features of the 'new' game with several features of the 'old' game that were missed.

So even if you don't like the speedgames because the game is a bit different from the old-style Planetarion that you know, don't be scared off, as Round 11 will more than likely reintroduce a bunch of features that you liked about Planetarion while you were playing it
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 16:14   #15
Spinner
Founder of Planetarion

Spinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant futureSpinner has a brilliant future

Quote:
So, if I wanna get to know the new PA, I'd have to play speedround, right? Well... as I saw it has private galaxies, anyone got some space left for an old PA addict, for the speedgame of 14th and 15th February?
Hehe, I doubt many galaxies have been planned to the point where they are full already, as we just opened signups for the first one.I suggest you ask around here, maybe after the 8th.

Good luck though (:
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 18:40   #16
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Piketa..i remember that nick, i just cant place it
you remember me?

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 20:51   #17
Piketa

General1, seeing in your sig you were Silver in r6, you probably know me from there. I was Elysium during that round.

And Nitros, your nick sounds femiliar aswell... can't place it either, though. But something tells me you're Dutch, dunno why I think that. If you are, we might have played together in round6, I don't remember how the battlegroup was called, TCC or something.
Unread 31 Jan 2004, 21:33   #18
Assassin
PA Ancient

Assassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant futureAssassin has a brilliant future

Welcome back to the game Piketa, when you start playing you just cant stop, ive learned that as i have unfortunatly played every round so far. Shame for me really but this may be my last finally.

Ever been attacked by a p3nguin? You get left a bit black and white!

p3nguin Founder
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 02:02   #19
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

yes im dutch
i dont think we played together but i think we met in a cluster alliance or something..

Unread 1 Feb 2004, 02:03   #20
Nitros
Internal Error

heh...i know now
you were a 4D member back in r7

Unread 1 Feb 2004, 12:19   #21
Intruder
Jolt took my jap girl :(

Intruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant futureIntruder has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leshy
http://pirate.planetarion.com/showthread.php?t=173327

I'd retype it all, but I'm too lazy. You'll find answers to most of your questions in there
enforcing

|| Absolute || eXilition || FAnG || Insomnia || Seraphim || Silver || Vengeance ||

Channels:

#brasil #Counter-Strike #ChillSpot #cro #dawnofthedead #dragonslair #elurstaheht #Exilition #fang #fnp #g33k #HoneyBunny #insomnia #kon #Mirage #nebula #OuZo #planetarion #pta #rpg #Silver #the_witches #vgn

Intruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 13:06   #22
Leshy
Mr. Blobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruder
enforcing
?
Unread 1 Feb 2004, 15:59   #23
General1
Rah's def wh0re

General1 will become famous soon enoughGeneral1 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
General1, seeing in your sig you were Silver in r6, you probably know me from there. I was Elysium during that round.

And Nitros, your nick sounds femiliar aswell... can't place it either, though. But something tells me you're Dutch, dunno why I think that. If you are, we might have played together in round6, I don't remember how the battlegroup was called, TCC or something.
Now I remember it, I was offered an account in rd5, in the gal you were in or your sistergals #tcc channel, with Staman, Zoanoid Aqualord and others.
The first 2 were cheating bastards, having 1 priv galaxy just to farm.
Rd4 ---> 246 24 10 Silverwolf of Limburg [TFD] [Cell] [NFU]
Rd5 ---> 34 11 19 The great Returning of me [Cell] [NFU]
Rd6----> 6 25 10 Chappa'ai of NOX Homeland (Whitebull) [Silver BC]
Rd7----> 18 18 1 Klaj Demon of Gateway from Hell [RAH]
Rd8----> 36 5 6 1 More TIME of Free Traders Inc [RAH]
Rd9----> 16 2 10 Clan McIntosh of Stardust Guardian [RAH]
Rd9.5 ---> 15 9 9 Nightshade of Sherwood forest [RAH]
Rd10 ----> [RAH]
General1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2004, 15:23   #24
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

Piketa. Nice to see you around again. How're things going?
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2004, 17:49   #25
therealmig

therealmig is an unknown quantity at this point

kloopy wasnt piketa something to do with ah?
Unread 5 Feb 2004, 21:32   #26
Kloopy
-Back Again-

Kloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud ofKloopy has much to be proud of

He was in Epical with me as HCs (Along with others ofc), and yes, he helped a load on AH too. Oh how I miss those days.
Kloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Feb 2004, 21:36   #27
therealmig

therealmig is an unknown quantity at this point

ah ha thought i knew the name from somewhere