User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Non Planetarion Discussions > General Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 10 Feb 2003, 00:36   #1
nickhall
Naked & Profane

nickhall is an unknown quantity at this point
Question ISP wanted- Help please

Ok problem is atm i am on Freeserve dial-up, but as i am moving out and going to Uni in september i am looking for an ISP which i would be able to take with me (like AOL as it has an 0800 number) i want it to be a pay monthly one with anytime access, i would prefer it not to be AOL that is y i am asking for your help.

Also i dont think there is, but is there anyway that i could get a broardband conection i could take with me (as ofc this would be much better)??

Help plz.

edit: also i dont want anything that is limited to amount of hours per month (BT), or that cuts u off after 2hours (freeserve) oh and cannot require a BT line as at Uni i wont have one
nickhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 00:37   #2
Ap0k
Spritely:

Ap0k is an unknown quantity at this point
most uni's have their own network these days so if ur living on-campus u could prolly hook up to that.

otherwise fork out for broadband/cable which you should be able to sort once u get there. i think ntl do a 9month contract especially for students but im not 100% sure.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 00:43   #3
nickhall
Naked & Profane

Quote:
Originally posted by Ap0k
most uni's have their own network these days so if ur living on-campus u could prolly hook up to that.
No unfortunatly not, it must be the only one that doesnt tho!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ap0k
otherwise fork out for broadband/cable which you should be able to sort once u get there. i think ntl do a 9month contract especially for students but im not 100% sure.
ohh, thanks will look into that
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 00:45   #4
MrL_JaKiri
The Twilight of the Gods

MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.MrL_JaKiri has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
I haven't encountered a university without a JANET connection
MrL_JaKiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 00:50   #5
pablissimo
Henry Kelly

pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.pablissimo has ascended to a higher existance and no longer needs rep points to prove the size of his e-penis.
Edinburgh is like not having a connection.

When in fact it does.

What uni then?
pablissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 00:51   #6
poshphil
Little Bitch

poshphil is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 00:52   #7
nickhall
Naked & Profane

Quote:
Originally posted by MrL_JaKiri
Sheffield Hallam - i thought all had at least some rooms where there were ponits to conect to there network but no just typical where i'm going doesn't.
Unread 10 Feb 2003, 15:00   #8
MrMighty
Chimping

MrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the roughMrMighty is a jewel in the rough
Sign up to Jubblynet's Student Deal, because that way you'll have the advantage of unlimited surfing combined with superb customer service.

Or, you could do like a lot of students, ween yourself away from the computer screen, use the campus computers when necessary to communicate and use floppy disks/cds to facilitate file transfers between your computer and the uni printers.

Problem sorted, job done.
MrMighty is offline   Reply With Quote