User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Alliance Discussions

Unread 14 Dec 2003, 04:05   #1
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of
Recruits

Continued from this thread to avoid derailing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
thats wrong, considering the current universe displays the ranking of the already 2 "broken ticks"
Therefore the current universe is 2 ticks after the game was last accessable.
By your logic it would already display the new joiners since it ticked twice while noone was able to be added anymore.
^^ Thats just a technical clearification
The game went down soon after the 6am tick, most fangs were free to join then. However, how many of them would have been online? Correct, most were added after jpaweb01 was restarted but while ticks were still stopped. Thats just a technical clearification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt
I just came back and read this with quite amusement. You don't see any difference between these two situations at all? Allow me to point them out to you....
Eclipse took in members from what had been a friendly alliance.
Elysium took in members from what had been a hostile alliance. (some of whom even made it a habit of slagging off Ely in AD)
The fact that they were hostile makes it all the more deserved. Dragons could have kicked their closed/inactive planets and made more than enough room to take on plenty of fangs to reach #1. The fact that these fangs would rather join Elysium and give victory to an alliance they were recently at war with shows the positive impression we've made on them (come to think of it, why didn't they talk to Ecl HC to join there?... Being #1 allliance already, etc.)
And I don't see what the AD comment has to do with shit. Ely/Ecl slagged each other off while at war in r9, does that mean we weren't allowed to co-operate in r9.5? Propaganda, nothing more.

Quote:
Eclipse took in members midway through the round meaning they've contributed to the success of the alliance for 1000ish ticks on both offense/defense.
Elysium took in members near the very end of the round meaning they've contributed nothing to Ely's success but their score to hopefully bump Ely up to number 1 in the rankings.
The high average score of Elysium planets (probably the best from any alliance with over 40 members) is the contributing factor here. Were it not for that we wouldn't have the room or the ranking for these recruits, and that is what's reflected in our new ranking. Being able to take on less than 10 planets, and still take #1 spot over an alliance with an extra 30 (20%) members shows what our average member has done for Ely this round. Their reward.

Quote:
Eclipse took in zero top 100 members when they allowed members from Virus to join.
Elysium probably took in only top 100-200 members when they allowed the ex-fangers to join.
The quality of the recruits has nothing to do with it. Would eclipse have turned down top 100 recruits? Would Ely have turned down none top100 ones? Both sides took what was available at that time, I'm sorry but you're just jealous that we were luckier here.

Quote:
Eclipse took in members that had to endure 72 hours of no eta 7 defense in the midst of a very hostile universe (one where fang/dragons/vision was doing quite well).
Elysium took in members that were protected from the only real powerful alliances left (minus Dragons ofc who has enough trouble keeping up against EET with no Fang around to help and a very weak Vision).
This shows how little you know of the situation here. At no point in the round were virus a major target for either 'block'. Not only does this reduce their overall incoming, but reduces the amount of time spent mapping their co-ords in order to give them incoming. I bet when Virus disbanded most alliances wouldn't know where hit half their members, and thats disregarding the fact that the planets weren't exactly big, fat targets. Unprotected Virus planets were more of a bonus than a target for two sides interested in hitting each others more strategic planets/gals.
Fang on the other hand was a very public implosion. The primary target in a block war, containing players who've collected enough grudges from opposing members to warrant police protection, and were on average very roidable planets without alliance protection (lo 750 roids with one ticks cap). You don't have the first clue of the amount of work that went into scanning for prelaunches, finding pre-def, contacting supposedly allied planets that had broken the nap to recall, and finally trying to grab as much ingal def as possible to cover multiple wave attacks. You made the easy assumption that our allies cared about protecting these recruits. The truth is they wanted the roids as much as we did.

Quote:
You reward those that jumped ship who had been against EET all round while cheapening the victory for your true members that worked so hard all round.
Refer to my point earlier on. Our quality and acheivement is already reflected in our score and low quantity. It does not cheapen our members to bring them to the top spot they deserve.

Quote:
Your desire for the number one ranking is obviously more important to you than maintaining the integrity of your membership.
Don't give me that bullshit. If that was true Walken and Krush would still be added ingame for score, rather than being removed for cheating. Can eclipse say the same about their closed planets? And more to the point, ask yourself honestly - "would focht really have turned down this offer if Eclipse were asked first?". Before you answer, consider the 3 Fangs they already accepted. All the fangs that were available for them to have...

Quote:
i only wish to point out that if really only 10 fang planets joined elysium in the end elysium hc are a band of cowards protecting 42 hostile planets for 3 days before the ticks stopped.
We passed on the list we were given. There were planets there who thought they would go along with free Ely protection until they joined Dragons or similar, so lied to their peers. There are some who decided to just quit rather than give an easier victory to the opposing side. There are some who are yet to join. How you can call us cowards for wanting to protect some quality recruits is beyond me.

-----------------------------

Can I ask Eclipse why it is more 'fair' to take easy, undefended roids from a now demoralised alliance (one that caused its own demise, rather than crumbling to constant pressure from our side), than it is to show enough of a positive public image and level of quality that convinces said hostiles to defect?

Last edited by xtothez; 14 Dec 2003 at 04:30.
xtothez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 04:16   #2
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Recruits

are you bored Xto? nice read..the parts that i didnt skip anyway.

Round 10.5 Elysium vs Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 04:18   #3
Stifler

Stifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond reputeStifler has a reputation beyond repute

nah i think he just wants to set the record straight

Former [1up]

Current [Spore]

Returned under the IRC nick BenSwansea
Stifler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 04:22   #4
Darky

Darky is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtothez

And I don't see what the AD comment has to do with shit. Ely/Ecl slagged each other off while at war in r9, does that mean we weren't allowed to co-operate in r9.5? Propaganda, nothing more.
at least you finally admit that you cooperated in r9.5 already while every big alliance agreed to fight this round without allies. shows how much you can trust a word from Elysium and Eclipse
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 04:25   #5
Stress
Resurected

Stress can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darky
at least you finally admit that you cooperated in r9.5 already while every big alliance agreed to fight this round without allies. shows how much you can trust a word from Elysium and Eclipse
3 rounds and r 9
is all im gonna say.
Stress is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 04:30   #6
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Hypocrite.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 04:34   #7
Stress
Resurected

yes that to
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 05:21   #8
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Since im also bored ill give you a reply to each point, eventho cheerios asked before to settle it in the joint-room.

Quote:
The game went down soon after the 6am tick, most fangs were free to join then. However, how many of them would have been online? Correct, most were added after jpaweb01 was restarted but while ticks were still stopped. Thats just a technical clearification
fair and square tho if there would be a rollback like in the example they wouldnt be added

Quote:
The fact that they were hostile makes it all the more deserved. Dragons could have kicked their closed/inactive planets and made more than enough room to take on plenty of fangs to reach #1. The fact that these fangs would rather join Elysium and give victory to an alliance they were recently at war with shows the positive impression we've made on them (come to think of it, why didn't they talk to Ecl HC to join there?... Being #1 allliance already, etc.)
Dragons will prolly take the rest, nevertheless this equals not out why in gods name you protected 42 planets (of which 14 were closed during your protection which shows how much you cared in the first place). About the question why they wanted to join you, i pasted logs of Fang to Elysium-command where this is explained in detail. That you were used as a tool there makes it not deserved either.

Quote:
The high average score of Elysium planets (probably the best from any alliance with over 40 members) is the contributing factor here. Were it not for that we wouldn't have the room or the ranking for these recruits, and that is what's reflected in our new ranking. Being able to take on less than 10 planets, and still take #1 spot over an alliance with an extra 30 (20%) members shows what our average member has done for Ely this round. Their reward.
This is a clear cut indeed, tho we both know "average" statistics are easy to cut if you kick the smallest 30 planets and coop planets which basically "belong" to the alliance yet dont need the eta 7 advantage like players who dedicated themself purely to scanning.

Quote:
The quality of the recruits has nothing to do with it. Would eclipse have turned down top 100 recruits? Would Ely have turned down none top100 ones? Both sides took what was available at that time, I'm sorry but you're just jealous that we were luckier here.
Infact yes we did not only on this case but on several.
Note our decrease from 8 -> 2 after reviewing their applications.

Quote:
This shows how little you know of the situation here. At no point in the round were virus a major target for either 'block'. Not only does this reduce their overall incoming, but reduces the amount of time spent mapping their co-ords in order to give them incoming. I bet when Virus disbanded most alliances wouldn't know where hit half their members, and thats disregarding the fact that the planets weren't exactly big, fat targets. Unprotected Virus planets were more of a bonus than a target for two sides interested in hitting each others more strategic planets/gals.
This shows how little you know i would say, certain "big" alliances like the one with D targetted them and more or less "legally" farmed them as they had no chance of defence.

Quote:
Fang on the other hand was a very public implosion. The primary target in a block war, containing players who've collected enough grudges from opposing members to warrant police protection, and were on average very roidable planets without alliance protection (lo 750 roids with one ticks cap). You don't have the first clue of the amount of work that went into scanning for prelaunches, finding pre-def, contacting supposedly allied planets that had broken the nap to recall, and finally trying to grab as much ingal def as possible to cover multiple wave attacks. You made the easy assumption that our allies cared about protecting these recruits. The truth is they wanted the roids as much as we did.
Ofc everyone wanted those roids of the dead fang body since we were in war with them and Elysiums list of 42 was nowhere near logical or even realistic as the result shows. Tho from eclipse all attacks were recalled on those planets, even on our special friend with H.

Quote:
Refer to my point earlier on. Our quality and acheivement is already reflected in our score and low quantity. It does not cheapen our members to bring them to the top spot they deserve.
No we already figured out earlier that it only reflects upon cleaning out the small planets to increase the average.

Quote:
Don't give me that bullshit. If that was true Walken and Krush would still be added ingame for score, rather than being removed for cheating. Can eclipse say the same about their closed planets? And more to the point, ask yourself honestly - "would focht really have turned down this offer if Eclipse were asked first?". Before you answer, consider the 3 Fangs they already accepted. All the fangs that were available for them to have...
We removed cheaters from the ingame alliance, tho we had only 1 case where a 1.2k roid planet was caught and dealt with.
About the 2nd part you can keep guessing, our policy was clear at start we would only add ppl who have friends in eclipse who vouch for them (as its standard procedure which was only excluded on 2 occasions for 2 members each) Those 2 fangs which already joined us had all the needed vouchers 2-3 depending if a command member is vouching / ingal.
That we rejected the rest doesnt seem to appear possible to you, neither that there were more planets maybe fleeting the sinking fang ship, i remind you alone about the leigon offer which both you and us rejected, so if we were as eager as you discribe or better try to describe us, we wouldnt have or ?

Quote:
We passed on the list we were given. There were planets there who thought they would go along with free Ely protection until they joined Dragons or similar, so lied to their peers. There are some who decided to just quit rather than give an easier victory to the opposing side. There are some who are yet to join. How you can call us cowards for wanting to protect some quality recruits is beyond me.
If some equals to the majority of the actively hostile alliance remaining from fang and including known traitors (who did damage to our whole block) and closed planets (irvine?) and some very dubious ppl you and elysium critizised before (lo kaifux / ldk group) and you still ask me what i find amuseing or cowardish about it i guess i cant help you and im sure noone can.

Quote:
Can I ask Eclipse why it is more 'fair' to take easy, undefended roids from a now demoralised alliance (one that caused its own demise, rather than crumbling to constant pressure from our side), than it is to show enough of a positive public image and level of quality that convinces said hostiles to defect?
They lose roids because they lost the war and if you would spend maybe abit more time surfing dumps im sure you would find that fangs demise was not a self selected end but very much one inflicted by internal AND external pressure and a constant loss of roids and cheating incidents alongside of the high burnoutfactor their bc's and hc's suffered from. And last but not least the webangel scandal which leaded to the final decision to call it a day for alot of fang.

Yet im tired of replying over and over to the same questions so i will sum it up for you like i did in the joint channel already about 4 times now:
You can take those recruits and win the round by it, thats your fair call and we wont do anything to stop you because we signed an agreement with you from the start. Yet i will also tell you like i told the rest of your command that we dont respect the way you did it and the carelessness of how you treated our alliance-relationship by takeing in known traitors and cheaters just because they were part of the deal.
If you feel thats decent and allright i cant change your view but please dont exspect us to pat you on the back for it and to give you a nod of admiration for it.

Tho im happy that in the end the military campaign worked out between all 3 of us finally had its effect and showed that over all differences and animosities which came up during the round and ended the domination of fang/dragons/allies and ensured an EET alliance to win the round (most likely as of now).
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet

Last edited by Razorback; 14 Dec 2003 at 07:07.
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 05:29   #9
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

P.S. i dont wish any other eclipse to reply here since we have just given the official statement to the whole situation and will keep our alliance with elysiums to the letter.
Any internal questions from eclipse members can be directed towards me and noone of us will reply here further to prevent any further escalation of this unthankfull incident which has caused already so much tension.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 05:35   #10
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Correction for the sake of elysiums reputation:
They didnt cooperate more with us in r9.5 than wp did in the final assualt on LDK, where basically all alliances were included. To some extend even rah was supporting this which should tell you about the impact of that cooperation.
To speak it out again for you: There was before this final assault no cooperation with Elysium at any point given.

Elysium so far cooperated like good allies for 2,x rounds with us (how much you wish to measure the end of r9.5 is your call) and through all different ways of playstyle and different positions which occure in the cooperation of humans from different national background adding to a competition between allies aswell there was never be a point to break our agreements deliberately or without the needed honor.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet

Last edited by Razorback; 14 Dec 2003 at 07:10.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 06:24   #11
Doorsdown
Aria's TeddyBear :p

Doorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really niceDoorsdown is just really nice

Quote:
P.S. i dont wish any other eclipse to reply here since we have just given the official statement to the whole situation and will keep our alliance with elysiums to the letter.
Any internal questions from eclipse members can be directed towards me and noone of us will reply here further to prevent any further escalation of this unthankfull incident which has caused already so much tension.
should have this rule already in place for ur members, to keep them from hurting the name of Eclipses or any alliance for that matter. As much as this is a free speach area, it makes it hard when people that don't have the whole picture or arn't in the command role adn respond for there alliance in a way that may not be liked be there commanders.

/me pats Razorback on the back for reminding his members

R3 [Acid] peon
R4 - R7 [Fyre] HC
R7 - R8 [ND] HC
R8 - R13 [NoS] MC
R14 - R16 [1up] MO
R17 Retired
Doorsdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 06:27   #12
mjrTorspo
mr. c0ffee

mjrTorspo is an unknown quantity at this point

Ill post something fast before x->z has a chance to say he doesnt trust his stupid pe0ns to reply anything in here either
From: Phil (1:1:7) Subject: you know Sent: Thu Apr 29 15:46:54 2004
this is verging on farming, you know perfectly well i have to run fleets. attack again and i`ll give serious thought to investigating you to see who else you farm, and possible close :P
Phil^

mjrTorspo - cheating ely scum
mjrTorspo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 08:05   #13
AzureWrath
Evil has returned

AzureWrath is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, i must say that I dont like this 'deal' either. Even had to recall an attack on a former fang who was suddenly friendly. I made my displeasure known on the ely server however and I'll spare those of you who don't want to read my crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyButcher
LCH is too far away, now they are the same roid amout as 1up
AzureWrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 12:47   #14
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

I can't understand that an alliances recruits members they have been at war with for 2000 ticks. Especially because we all know the round wouldn't last much longer. As far as I see it it's only a cheap trick to gain a ton of score and roids just before the round ends. If an alliance (partly) disbands where 'my' alliance was at war with, I'd certainly not recruit them. I'd roid them dry as soon as possible.....

Call it naive for not grabbing the chance for a bunch of fresh active members, but those players have fought your members for 12 weeks. And now you want them in for the last week the round lasts? If they wanted to join I'd say that they had to wait till the end of the round. Don't your members feel ANY grudge against planets that have distroyed many Ely fleets and capped Ely roids?
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 13:54   #15
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Xto, eventhough you now took in our top planets etc, everyone knows that FAnG earns the credits of their big score, FAnG earns the credits to have the #1 player and FAnG seems to partly help Elysium with this victory. Not the way I hoped it would turn out but hey, what can I do about it

Enjoy our forced, take care of them. Dumb Irvine

rgds Kj

FAnG Founder | CEO/HC | Ex Gaming Community Senate
Furious Angels Gaming community

FA Gaming community

No need for a disclaimer ...
Kjeldoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 14:32   #16
JC
lolly roffle

JC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himJC is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Quote:
All the posts related to this have been removed because they did derail the thread. Nice to see the drivel has continued here though .

At least i dont have to clean this shit up on here.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 16:13   #17
Eventh
Retired?

Eventh is an unknown quantity at this point

I dont think its interesting to discuss is elysium or eclipse is the winner, fang won round 10...
Eventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 16:56   #18
Nitros
Internal Error

Nitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to beholdNitros is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjeldoran
Xto, eventhough you now took in our top planets etc, everyone knows that FAnG earns the credits of their big score, FAnG earns the credits to have the #1 player and FAnG seems to partly help Elysium with this victory. Not the way I hoped it would turn out but hey, what can I do about it

rgds Kj
half true, you earned it thanks to cheating - #1 is closed and alot other biggies are aswell(sorry to start this all over again)
but yes, i too have to admit you you are this rounds winners i guess :snowman:

[]LCH[] ..lets change history
Nitros is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 17:36   #19
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Kjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond reputeKjeldoran has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitros
half true, you earned it thanks to cheating - #1 is closed and alot other biggies are aswell(sorry to start this all over again)
but yes, i too have to admit you you are this rounds winners i guess :snowman:
Bleen has been re-opened. I do believe he's clean and I regret he left us. I'm not saying Ely doesn't deserve to have these guys, they just have to realize and accept that those guys have been FAnG for the entire round and it was FAnG who was at the top, defending them each night and keeping them alive.
Ely cannot claim anything about those players, aside from recruiting them a week before the round is over ...

I know this sounds harsh and biassed, but EET didn't throw FAnG from #1 (eventhough Eclipse was damn close at overtaking and would probably succeeded in that). It was me and my HC that screwed over FAnG, not EET or Elysium.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 14 Dec 2003, 17:36   #20
Stress
Resurected

Quote:

rgds Kj
untrue. EET saw that the curretn events would happen. thus we let them gain roids of mostly WP targets. so that we did not have to defend them
Actually they where placed in fang . and where going to jump sides from the beginning.

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 14 Dec 2003 at 22:02.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 17:39   #21
Kjeldoran
Angels for life !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stress
untrue. EET saw that the curretn events would happen. thus we let them gain roids of mostly WP targets. so that we did not have to defend them
Actually they where placed in fang . and where going to jump sides from the beginning.

same logic aplied... have a troll cookie
get real Stress, everyone here knows those would NEVER have left FAnG this round if I and my HC didn't screw up.

rgds Kj

FA Gaming community

Unread 14 Dec 2003, 17:43   #22
Stress
Resurected

lies
i have logs to proove it

Last edited by JonnyBGood; 14 Dec 2003 at 22:00.
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 19:57   #23
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

Elysium in recruiting people theyve been at war with for the entire round shocker.

Yes, Im sure you can go fap all around the campfire and reward your members in a "victory" by this recruitment.

Laughable.

Yet also amusing.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Inquisitorial Lord Protector of His Emperor's Glorius Empire
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Zh|l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 19:58   #24
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Zh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himZh|l is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

PS: I can post if I want and don't count as an Eclipse opinion since I havent played this round in Eclipse.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
[20:19:04] <mazzelaar> I have to say a big up to Zhil - without those 8 def calls you covered we would've been screwed. | r12 End Ceremony
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 20:45   #25
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Seems to me that if both ely and ecl have similar scores, and are allied at the end of the round its a joint victory. Or does planetarion have different standards for winning now?

To be considered a winner over an ally you always needed a pretty effn big margin of size to prove that you deserve credit for a sole victory.
Conspiracy Theory, Wrath, 1up, ICD, Eclipse
K-W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 21:42   #26
Stress
Resurected

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
Seems to me that if both ely and ecl have similar scores, and are allied at the end of the round its a joint victory. Or does planetarion have different standards for winning now?

To be considered a winner over an ally you always needed a pretty effn big margin of size to prove that you deserve credit for a sole victory.
again no single alliance will win this round. i call it a joint victory. Atleast is how I se it
Unread 14 Dec 2003, 22:06   #27
K-W
Bored

K-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond reputeK-W has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stress
again no single alliance will win this round. i call it a joint victory. Atleast is how I se it
From the little info ive seen on the situation, Id have to agree. If you choose to make blocks for keeps, you choose to give up your right to claim solo victory. Only in a case where one alliance is clearly much stronger than the others amongst its allies could it possibly claim a right to call itself the winner, and that does not seem at all the case here.

If either ely or ecl want to be sole winners of the round, they should fight each other.
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 12:30   #28
Jurgen
The Ðragon

Jurgen can only hope to improve

hihi
Congratz Elysium.

does this mean since those new recruits don't count Ðragons have now most planets in top10 and top20
OMG \o/
ehhehehheeh

So this rounds winners
Elysium, FAnG, Ðragons and Eclipse (did I forget ToT didn't they win also).
Should I count also those who were allied to either ÐragonsFAnG or EET?
That would mean uhm... all alliances?

atleast Virus should be counted as winners since Eclipse would have been second ranked alliance without this recruiting scandal (I assume FAnG would still have won without that screwup). What about Vision?

OMG! WE ALL WON CONGRATZ

anyways now to ********... atleast the stats r right there.
so it can't suck more than planetarion does nowadays.
The Forsakenlands - The Ðragon
Together we stand divided we fall.
--
Used to be a Wolf - When you once see a Wolf you are already surrounded.
Jurgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 12:52   #29
KoeN
Lucky
Helicopter Champion

KoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant futureKoeN has a brilliant future

heh such a small universe sucks doesn't it?
KoeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 12:55   #30
Tuhoajaz

Tuhoajaz is an unknown quantity at this point

The thing that is even SADDER is that some of those people who joined ely honestly seem to think they are winners themselves, as "THEIR" alliance wins. How pathetic and annoying
Tuhoajaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 13:21   #31
lizardking
tappajahai!

lizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud oflizardking has much to be proud of

Is it over now??

Maybe yes? no??

C'mon sum1 plz tell me IT's not ticking anymore..

:-)

<[eX]MacTAnzu> u playing in the.. what was it.. game.planetarion.com ? or in pirate.planetarion.com ?

Ðragons

eX undercover Nihilum HC (thx to bwtmc)
lizardking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 13:36   #32
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

without the final disastor for fang i think eclipse would have one. The military action taken against fang in the days before the "accident" was highly succesful and before fang collapsed the eclipse=fang roid gap was negligble and it was clear that with continuing efforts fang would have been beaten in the alliance rankings at least.

From what I can tell the fangs choose ely to goto becuase that would piss eclipse off as eclipse would not be able to do anything about it. Had they gone to Dragons I am confident Dragons could ahve been defeated.

Round 6-10 NoS member-->NoS junior HC
Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Check out toastmonster.com for crazy illustrations and art
Kal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 13:52   #33
Heartshunter
Little Miss Sarcastic

Heartshunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Bleen has been re-opened. I do believe he's clean and I regret he left us. I'm not saying Ely doesn't deserve to have these guys, they just have to realize and accept that those guys have been FAnG for the entire round and it was FAnG who was at the top, defending them each night and keeping them alive.
Ely cannot claim anything about those players, aside from recruiting them a week before the round is over ...

I know this sounds harsh and biassed, but EET didn't throw FAnG from #1 (eventhough Eclipse was damn close at overtaking and would probably succeeded in that). It was me and my HC that screwed over FAnG, not EET or Elysium.

rgds Kj
Doesn't matter who or what screwed you/FanG up, you simply didn't make it till the end of the round. In a car race one car can be leading all laps, but if his engine blows up right before finish, he still didn't win.
Besides having closed (top) planets always leaves a stain and makes claiming being the 'top' a bit doubtable regarding how exactly you managed being so 'top'.

If Ely gets top ranking by taking in your former hostile top planets, well smart move. Lame, but smart.
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 16:07   #34
Kal
Inactive peon

Kal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant futureKal has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartshunter
Doesn't matter who or what screwed you/FanG up, you simply didn't make it till the end of the round. In a car race one car can be leading all laps, but if his engine blows up right before finish, he still didn't win.
Besides having closed (top) planets always leaves a stain and makes claiming being the 'top' a bit doubtable regarding how exactly you managed being so 'top'.

If Ely gets top ranking by taking in your former hostile top planets, well smart move. Lame, but smart.

to continue the analogy - fang had some parts fail on them - but it wasn;t very nice of ely to then take the parts that still worked for iheir own cars!

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 15 Dec 2003, 16:21   #35
Heartshunter
Little Miss Sarcastic

Heartshunter is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalVirtus
to continue the analogy - fang had some parts fail on them - but it wasn;t very nice of ely to then take the parts that still worked for iheir own cars!
Being nice doesn't win you a war. Never has, never will be.

:tree:
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 16:39   #36
Kal
Inactive peon

ely gets the points for winning the race then i guess, but they didn't have the best car.

Round 10.5 FAnG member
Round 11-15 PATeam
Round 17-30 PATeam
Round 31 ???

Unread 15 Dec 2003, 17:36   #37
Killerbij
Roidhumper

Killerbij is an unknown quantity at this point

This round has no winners anyways....
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 17:52   #38
Jackal2112

Jackal2112 is infamous around these partsJackal2112 is infamous around these parts

Those FAnG members joined Elysium for 2 reasons;

1- to piss off Eclipse as much as possible
2- to 'win' the round as member of the #1 alliance

The true winners of this round are the loyal and fair playing PA players and EET's HC + BC's.
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 18:04   #39
mjrTorspo
mr. c0ffee

Who says they werent taken in ely just to piss of ppl?
this is verging on farming, you know perfectly well i have to run fleets. attack again and i`ll give serious thought to investigating you to see who else you farm, and possible close :P
Phil^

Unread 15 Dec 2003, 18:17   #40
General Martok
used to register

General Martok has a spectacular aura aboutGeneral Martok has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjrTorspo
Who says they werent taken in ely just to piss of ppl?
Maybe they want to piss off Ely too by departing the ingame Elysium alliance a few ticks before round ends I'd wet my pants if that happened
R1: ??:?? | R2: 51:6 | R3: 37:12 | R4: 186:13 | R5: 13:17 | R6: 1:25
R7: 15:14 | R8: 34:4 / 52:10 ¤ | R9: 16:2 | R9.5: 34:6 / 41:6 ¤
R10: 2:2 | R10.5: 15:4 | R11: 28:8 | R12: 22:9

Damn, outdated and too lazy to edit, retired now
-----
Started playing again Still too lazy to update though
General Martok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 18:53   #41
Helveticus
finnish pokèmon

Helveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the roughHelveticus is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
Maybe they want to piss off Ely too by departing the ingame Elysium alliance a few ticks before round ends I'd wet my pants if that happened
That would probably be the funniest thing to happen all round

Quote:
Originally posted by JonnyBGood
We enjoy sucking the fun out of the boards. It's a competition.
Helveticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Dec 2003, 18:53   #42
mjrTorspo
mr. c0ffee

why would that piss us of then? every1 said over and over again that those planets dont count anyway..
Phil^

Unread 15 Dec 2003, 19:57   #43
SYMM
Love's Sweet Exile

SYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better placeSYMM single handedly makes these forums a better place

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Martok
Please let them
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 00:29   #44
dirk

dirk is an unknown quantity at this point

a player is a player, if player a is in ally a, he will prohably do the same good job in different ally if he tend to move.
dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 00:35   #45
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartshunter

I dont think its particularly smart really. Taking in a bunch of ship jumpers just so that you can have a higher number than your ally doesnt seem terribly smart to me. No one will give them credit for winning a round just because they recruited thier score past thier ally's.

Just looks lame to me. Taking in top planets because you think thier players will contribute to ely in the future would be smart. But that doesnt seem to be the operative logic in ely's choice.
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 00:37   #46
K-W
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk
a player is a player, if player a is in ally a, he will prohably do the same good job in different ally if he tend to move.
If they were simply recruiting some good players out of Fang's disaster that would be one thing. But taking in large numbers of people who are only joining to protect thier planet for the end of the round isnt good for the alliance long term.
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 00:51   #47
Stress
Resurected

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
If they were simply recruiting some good players out of Fang's disaster that would be one thing. But taking in large numbers of people who are only joining to protect thier planet for the end of the round isnt good for the alliance long term.
define a large number
5?
10?
20?
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 01:03   #48
dirk

dirk is an unknown quantity at this point

really dont see why this is bad for the ally in long term, core is core
dirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 01:05   #49
Zh|l
Inquisitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk
really dont see why this is bad for the ally in long term, core is core
Um, newly recruited people tend not to be thought as "core" for their new alliance.

Zhil
[Spore] Executive
[1up]
[Fury]
Unread 16 Dec 2003, 01:09   #50
xtothez
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-W
No one will give them credit for winning a round just because they recruited thier score past thier ally's.
LDK were slammed for large-scale multiing. They won r9.5.
Eclipse were flamed for blocking, stagnation, and then backstabbing. They won r9.
LDK/Titans had both blocking and cheating accusations leveled at them. They won r8.
Fury was another case of r9 Eclipse, blocking and backstabbing to #1 in r7.
WP and NoS fencesat their way to the top in r6.
Fury again were accused of backstabbing and blocking as they finished first in r5.
Legion and Fury complete the pile by stagnating the top ranks with NAPs and having top planets donated up during r3.

How often have people won PA by being nice? How often has everyone sat down at the time and said "Well deserved win there guys"? You've been at the receiving end of it enough to know that playing fair all the time doesn't win rounds, but in the end people do remember the victory.