User Name
Password

Go Back   Planetarion Forums > Planetarion Related Forums > Planetarion Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Today's Posts

Unread 15 Oct 2003, 16:53   #1
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

dabult will become famous soon enoughdabult will become famous soon enough
So how many private gals are there now?

Approximatly?

Really sucks horses ass how people cant play a random round like it is supposed to, random.

Oh no wait, it's Spinners fault, the exile-coding is flawed so lets abuse it.

Enjoying your new gal Focht?

wankers
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 17:00   #2
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about
Re: So how many private gals are there now?

pretty ok yea eventho its full of hostiles 7 i recognised so far
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Razorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 17:02   #3
AllFather|away
Big Kahuna

AllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really niceAllFather|away is just really nice

LOOK AT ME!
LOOK AT ME!

DTA
Support the liberation of "AllFather"
AllFather|away is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 17:03   #4
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Razorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura aboutRazorback has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllFather|away
LOOK AT ME!
LOOK AT ME!

/me looks at allfather and watches the bunnies not working atm (doh now they do)
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 17:09   #5
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Yeah the exile code is fairly flawed*.

*easily abused
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 17:11   #6
Dworak
Cool Cuddly Beautiful

Dworak is an unknown quantity at this point

Well then.. what are you gonna do now Spinner?

Time to send out those ingame mails again.

Have fun.

Mr Innocent.
Dworak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 17:25   #7
Lerxst
baka.

Lerxst is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllFather|away
LOOK AT ME!
LOOK AT ME!
/me dies a horrible death.

Again, you did not make my day...
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 17:25   #8
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

he should recode the exile thing since its borked but i guess its abit too late for it.

A solution to the problem would be to limit the exile to a certain hour of the day i.e. you can only exile and get exiled at 18.05 gmt so all planets are "in the mix" for 1h and appear at 19 gmt in their new gals.

This should prevent any possible abuse like it is now.
But than he could also fix the hillarious high exile costs to something lower, since it takes 48h to generate an "exile" and if you end up in a crap gal you get maulered badly in this time till you can exile another time.

The exile as as well thought through as the rest of pax so far, done in a few minutes and borked as hell.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 17:50   #9
Ohm
none

Ohm is an unknown quantity at this point

There is a serious flaw that is currently beeing abused by big alliances in pa as we speak.

A top galaxy exiled 2 good and active players with an above average value and score, just to get in "their" people. This happened today.

I ask you all : What top galaxy would exile strong players unless they somehow knew how to get in even bigger planets ?

Now there are 5 Dragons and 2 Eclipse in that galaxy...I wonder which galaxy will win pax ? Can those allainces ever win without trixing and mixing ?

Spinner, you better make a move on them ! They have deliberately broken the rules of Planetarion as you have stated them to be. So they should be deleted pretty quick in order to restore confidence in this game.

More to come.....
Ohm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 17:53   #10
Ohm
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorback
he should recode the exile thing since its borked but i guess its abit too late for it.

You knew about how to misuse the system and still did it ?

I rest my case...
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 17:56   #11
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohm
There is a serious flaw that is currently beeing abused by big alliances in pa as we speak.

A top galaxy exiled 2 good and active players with an above average value and score, just to get in "their" people. This happened today.

I ask you all : What top galaxy would exile strong players unless they somehow knew how to get in even bigger planets ?

Now there are 5 Dragons and 2 Eclipse in that galaxy...I wonder which galaxy will win pax ? Can those allainces ever win without trixing and mixing ?

Spinner, you better make a move on them ! They have deliberately broken the rules of Planetarion as you have stated them to be. So they should be deleted pretty quick in order to restore confidence in this game.

More to come.....
Wrong and wrong.

a) no rule was broken.
b) the planet they exiled was same size.
c) one eclipse player was in the gal i exiled and got in there aswell.
d) i payed regularly for the exile
e) i mentioned the bug already to spinner nothing was done before (ofc he might not read the emails anymore)
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 17:57   #12
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohm
You knew about how to misuse the system and still did it ?

I rest my case...
i even informed them about it but nothing was done. Like with no known bug is done till there is a board majority for it, which will hopefully happen now.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 18:05   #13
Ohm
none

Quote:
i even informed them about it but nothing was done. Like with no known bug is done till there is a board majority for it, which will hopefully happen now.

But still you did it, and kicked two happy people out of a reasonable good galaxy...their game out in the open is now over...

i thought that big alliances like yours wanted pa to survive....but still you find "greyzones" and exploit them for personal gain.

The only way you can regain respect is by exile asap.

What do you think the majority of the players will think if Spinner doesent make a move on this ?

What you and your fellow henchmen did today is a disgrace and a betrayal to the real pa spirit.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 18:11   #14
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohm
But still you did it, and kicked to happy people out of a reasonable good galaxy...their game out in the open is now over...

i thought that big alliances like yours wanted pa to survive....but still you find "greyzones" and exploit them for personal gain.

The only way you can regain respect is by exile asap.

What do you think the majority of the players will think if Spinner doesent make a move on this ?

What you and your fellow henchmen did today is a disgrace and a betrayal to the real pa spirit.
i kicked noone out there since neither i nor my alliance has enough members, gc, ministers there.
Why they got kicked ? maybe they were unliked maybe the gc wanted to get rid of them like in 100 other cases aswell.
Finding a greyzone and reporting it is one thing, finding it, reporting it and seeing nothing is done is far more disgusting. Especially since the bug was abused weekly since than not only from that gal but from alot of gals.
What the majority of the players will think ? hopefully they will think wtf why isnt something known not fixed and still used ?
I did so far today:
Breakfast
Exile
Lunch
How it can be a disgrace to exile myself with the cost of 3.2 mil res each i fail to see.
Btw ceck your intel "fellow henchmen" would be 7 hostiles i think you get stuff wrong there m8.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 18:15   #15
Xeno
hirr

Xeno will become famous soon enoughXeno will become famous soon enough

Knock-knock!

Xeno
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 18:19   #16
Dworak
Cool Cuddly Beautiful

Dworak is an unknown quantity at this point

If you look at the setup in this galaxy, you should notice that Focht and his "fellow henchmen" arent the worst evil out there.

Its time the PA-team show they are not the corrupt and incompetent people they seems to be and start to ban such people.
Dworak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 18:22   #17
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

P.S. Spinner can restart the game if he doesnt fix it properly since it has been done over the whole round through the whole universe from fractions (not alliances).

The bug is simple to explain.
The exile works down the list of gals from the top and checks which gal has a space open.
So if a galaxy opens up a space and in the very same moment a planet exiles the planet will fill this open space since its unlikely that any other player will swap in that fast.
This means on the otherhand a planet exiled from a topgal will not fall to a top1000 gal unless all gals above that gal are full.
Simple and known since about tick 90.
Hopefully after 750 ticks something will be done
Well not that it matters anyways because alot of gals have their "buddies in" now.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 18:26   #18
Ohm
none

Focht :

Is it reasonable that a galaxy would exile good players from their galaxy ? When they could reach the top....

ofc not, UNLESS they knew WHO they would get in return.

Spinner ;
Either punish these people or make a delete planet/alliance button.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 18:28   #19
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

There are atm 661 gals in the universe, a bunch of them are in the free part, but i wont estimate how many.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 18:28   #20
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dworak
If you look at the setup in this galaxy, you should notice that Focht and his "fellow henchmen" arent the worst evil out there.

Its time the PA-team show they are not the corrupt and incompetent people they seems to be and start to ban such people.

Well spinner knew about it for quiet a while i guess, if he doesnt read mails he should know because he coded the damn thing in the first place.

What you suggest about deleting players for that is very dubious since its been done in the same extend all throughout the universe from ppl who figured out the bug or got told about it.
Furthermore its very unlikely spinner has a legal case there since its not in itself a bug or a problem.
Ppl just exile in the right moment for what they pay the full exiling costs. So they just do the normal exile. The only difference is that here there is a 90% chance of getting in a predetermined galaxy without the randomness (as this is not included in his formula). A little rest risk remains if some unlucky sod in another gal exiles just nanoseconds before you do and lands in the spot which was yours.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 18:32   #21
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabult
There are atm 661 gals in the universe, a bunch of them are in the free part, but i wont estimate how many.
Thats wrong.
There was 1 player exiled from the galaxy and he ended in the current #6 galaxy as far as i know.
(you dont need to exile 2 planets to get one in or)
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 18:36   #22
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohm
Focht :

Is it reasonable that a galaxy would exile good players from their galaxy ? When they could reach the top....

ofc not, UNLESS they knew WHO they would get in return.

Spinner ;
Either punish these people or make a delete planet/alliance button.
There is no sense in exiling a good planet with or without alliance -> note my planet is quiet inactive and by far smaller than what they had ingal as averafe furthermore i run around rank 400.

Your suggestion to spinner comes abit late and there is not much punishment he can finally do since no rule is broken and i reported the bug long before i used it while tons of others used it through the universe and got away with it or how do you think all the lucky gals with 4-5 friends from the same alliance worked ? luck ? coincidence ?

The deletebutton is indeed missing. something which was long overdone since day 1 but i guess if it was there the 2k paid planets would be roughly 1k and the "whole great pax" stats would be even more devastating.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 18:36   #23
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

Quote:
Thats wrong.
There was 1 player exiled from the galaxy and he ended in the current #6 galaxy as far as i know.

I guess you replied to what was there before i edited, sorry bout that if so, but things had changed already.
One got exiled into a gal ranked 220+, he exiled from there (or got exiled, havent spoken to him yet), to a gal ranked 180+. There's no need to say he has been having incs the whole day, some organised (nice way to treat your ex-galmates).
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 18:37   #24
Ohm
none

....and it is really sad to see that representatives from the biggest galaxies are systematicly abusing this on the expense of smaller players.

In real life, if you exploit rules and find holes in the system and systematicly fool it, for personal gain....do you know what would happen to that representative.

FIRED !

What you and your alliance do affects the whole game, and when you choose to exploit it, its the weaker allies and players that gets hurt.....always.

It feels like you and your alliance has no respect for unwritten rules at all. Cause it is an unwritten law that say that you shouldnt take advantage of flaws like this. Moral, ethic...have you heard those words before ?
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 18:44   #25
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohm
....and it is really sad to see that representatives from the biggest galaxies are systematicly abusing this on the expense of smaller players.

In real life, if you exploit rules and find holes in the system and systematicly fool it, for personal gain....do you know what would happen to that representative.

FIRED !

What you and your alliance do affects the whole game, and when you choose to exploit it, its the weaker allies and players that gets hurt.....always.

It feels like you and your alliance has no respect for unwritten rules at all. Cause it is an unwritten law that say that you shouldnt take advantage of flaws like this. Moral, ethic...have you heard those words before ?
What other moral and ethic rules would stop me from reporting it but seeing nothing is done ?
Thats a silly argument.
If i mail something and say its there and nothing is done and ppl abuse it what moral obligations do you have ? to tolerate it ?
i agree with you spinner should fix this bug asap and i will love to see what he does because its a catch 22 as its already messed up without todays events.
Today events just were the public show off of what has happend the whole round.
I agree fully with you spinner should do something, he could even delete my planet if he pleases and i would mind it or care about it since i reported the bug in the first place to stop the abuse.
He would still have lost all respect from me by not fixing the bug and by doing another shakey decision now after the whole mess is already gone down.

P.S. you suggest a punishment for useing the exile button ? Gerbie wasnt deleted either for exploiting a Score"bug" back than.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet

Last edited by Razorback; 15 Oct 2003 at 18:51.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 18:58   #26
Archi
Mack Daddy

Archi is an unknown quantity at this point

Well this is a fine how do you do. One of those exiled was my gf. She started playing in round 9 and was really happy to be in a top galaxy. Unfortunately for her, I had to go in the hospital for some needed surgery. She stays with me for support, and tells her gm8's what is up. They then exile her so they can get one of their alliance m8's in. I am at a loss for words at such treachery. I had faith that they would be a little more understanding. I guess it goes to show that with some people winning is more than everything else, including the good honest decency of doing the right thing.

Enjoy the game you wankers, I hope winning is as sweet as you think it is, maybe you will get some sort of neat prize. Though I doubt it, all you will get is scorn for the flagrant abuse you are employing.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 19:11   #27
Ohm
none

[quote=Razorback] ** [quote]

If i understand you right : You are saying that if everyone is fooling the system, then you are free to do the same ?

Thats the attitude which will get you in trouble everywhere !

Do you have any moral, backbone ?

And you are supposed to represent Eclipse, still denying the fact that what you did is actually wrong. Trying to excuse your behaviour with "I just did what everyone else do....."

You are making a fool of yourself here mister. Ask your fellow leaders how they feel about abusing the system like this, bending the rules. You knew very well that this round was supposed to be random, still I cannot see anything random with your conduct in this matter.

I cannot belive that Eclipse attitude is like: "if everyone else does something wrong then we can do it as well."

You and people like you have given the game a serious blow again, like cheaters have done in the past.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 19:17   #28
Cochese
Retired

Cochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond reputeCochese has a reputation beyond repute

Quite frankly, it's no one's fault except the Creators, for being tottaly, utterly, and completely inept.

Utterly useless since r3
Cochese is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 19:20   #29
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

[quote=Ohm][quote=Razorback] **
Quote:

If i understand you right : You are saying that if everyone is fooling the system, then you are free to do the same ?
Nope i said steps should be take and that long ago to stop that abuse

Quote:

Thats the attitude which will get you in trouble everywhere !
How does seeing other ppl abuse a bug and reporting it getting you into trouble?

Quote:

Do you have any moral, backbone ?

And you are supposed to represent Eclipse, still denying the fact that what you did is actually wrong. Trying to excuse your behaviour with "I just did what everyone else do....."
I did not excuse it simply because i dont plan on staying in the gal, i wanted the bug removed something which seems to not happen without drastical steps.

Quote:
You are making a fool of yourself here mister. Ask your fellow leaders how they feel about abusing the system like this, bending the rules. You knew very well that this round was supposed to be
random, still I cannot see anything random with your conduct in this matter.
They feel like i do something should have been done long ago when the bug was known (its not to hard to see such things in a proper beta or with some testing and you should read your emails if you install a supportline.

Quote:
I cannot belive that Eclipse attitude is like: "if everyone else does something wrong then we can do it as well."
Infact thats not the case. In both cases Exile and recruit bug, feature we reported it right away since its destroying the gameplay. In both cases nothing was and is done.

Quote:
You and people like you have given the game a serious blow again, like cheaters have done in the past.
You actually would feel better if i hadnt done it and the public would not know about it now ? Since this isnt the first incident with this balant abuse and was certainly not the last till its stopped ?
Unknowledge is bliss seems to be your statement.

The general consens you fail to see is that im AGAINST this bug and want it removed in the first place. That it wasnt and took that long for spinner to realise that is not my fault or the fault of any alliance im affiliated with. The catch 22 however is that spinner took alot of time doing nothing so now we have private or halfprivate gals in the universe already without anyone knowing so far. It doesnt matter if its the number 1 gal or any other since a number3 gal abuseing this bug could beat a legit #1 random gal.
Before you understood the motivation of me go back to your hole and think if you still accuse me of joining "the number 1 gal" (pld me since my coords are sooo unknown and im sooo active with my 200k score)
Smell the coffee friend, the bug is there, the bug was known and abused and i want it fixed.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 19:26   #30
Ohm
none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochese
Quite frankly, it's no one's fault except the Creators, for being tottaly, utterly, and completely inept.
Bollocks !

You exploited the system and wouldnt have done so without personal gain.

You are freaks that cannot play honestly, you disguise me !

What you have done will eventually change the course of this game and those galaxies who got "the" right people into their galaxies will benefit BIG time.

I still surprised that you actually have no regrets in ruining the game for so many by fooling the system.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 19:31   #31
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohm
Bollocks !

You exploited the system and wouldnt have done so without personal gain.

You are freaks that cannot play honestly, you disguise me !

What you have done will eventually change the course of this game and those galaxies who got "the" right people into their galaxies will benefit BIG time.

I still surprised that you actually have no regrets in ruining the game for so many by fooling the system.
you know that you sound like a moron ?

The system wasnt abused just now, it was the whole round by ppl knowing about the bug.
The bug was reported but not fixed for whatever reason.
So infact there are private gals out there and not just since today.

The creators did not check the possibilities of abuse and they did not check their supportmails (now we will hear either there is noone or it was overlooked or the bug was thought to be fixed or another lame ass excuse). So yes it is their fault. Since its their game.

You honestly think dabult didnt know about the bug before ? or how do you think he wondered within 2 minutes after i joined that gal already about this problem ? wake up mr.clueless
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 19:42   #32
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

Somebody mentioned it last night briefly while i was ^phone, so i never reflected much over it, before that i didn't know, no.

I asked today because a member of ours and therefor mate of me, was sacrificed today. He was one of the two that got exiled from your current gal, and it ticked me off (not because of you as such, the whole thing).

I choosed to mention you in my original post because you represent a major part of the activly playing people, I know you post a lot here so it was guaranteed respons/discussion.

The number of Dragons in the gal says it's dead obvious they have been abusing it for a long time, i refuse to believe that 5 of them ended up there from start, nor from 'non-manipulated' exiles.

I was actually hoping for more examples of private gals..believe it or not, this wasn't solely to flame you.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 19:45   #33
Zzz
Lemming

Zzz is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You honestly think dabult didnt know about the bug before ? or how do you think he wondered within 2 minutes after i joined that gal already about this problem ? wake up mr.clueless
Not all know about this bug. Probably because we are not looking for ways to get ahead that are not, and please do not misinterpret this, part of the way the game was intended. The exile function is there to get out of a galaxy that you do not like. It is not intended for you to be able to choose your destination.

I guess it takes a certain mindset to constantly search a game for flaws that can be exploited to ones own gain (and in this case the detriment of those exiled in order to make room). For some reason I do not have this mindset when playing multiplayer games. I am guessing it has something to do with 'fair play'.

[edit: grammar/typos]
Zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 19:55   #34
Lerxst
baka.

If one wants to be "harsh" you can read it via the eula and stuff like that: Forbidden is the exploit of every bug/flaw/unintentioned "feature", be it known or not to the creators, in a way that is not meaned so by the game-setup. And clearly - using this "feature" to create private gals is not mentioned to be here in a random round...

I am not the judge, I just like to bring this up. If I would be the judge, I would let Focht bribe me with something yummie to eat and a glas of wine and wish him much fun
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 20:05   #35
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Somebody mentioned it last night briefly while i was ^phone, so i never reflected much over it, before that i didn't know, no.

I asked today because a member of ours and therefor mate of me, was sacrificed today. He was one of the two that got exiled from your current gal, and it ticked me off (not because of you as such, the whole thing).

I choosed to mention you in my original post because you represent a major part of the activly playing people, I know you post a lot here so it was guaranteed respons/discussion.

The number of Dragons in the gal says it's dead obvious they have been abusing it for a long time, i refuse to believe that 5 of them ended up there from start, nor from 'non-manipulated' exiles.

I was actually hoping for more examples of private gals..believe it or not, this wasn't solely to flame you.
So unlike me, you did not report the bug in the first place unless a friend of you is bothered by it.

I can say from my perspective there are more ppl useing this feature i know atleast a couple of gals in arbiter which seem to be superlucky with getting new players in happening from their own "side" or "alliance".
Another thing is that this bug only works well for the top100 gals since you can "control" and "oversee" best which gals are without a free spot.
To change this whole mess wouldnt have taken lots of time and i feel that the action i did was needed to show it to the public since a private email didnt work.
(surprises me tho that none ever noticed the 5 dragons but my exile, certain ppl look always in one direction it seems)
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 20:07   #36
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerxst
If one wants to be "harsh" you can read it via the eula and stuff like that: Forbidden is the exploit of every bug/flaw/unintentioned "feature", be it known or not to the creators, in a way that is not meaned so by the game-setup. And clearly - using this "feature" to create private gals is not mentioned to be here in a random round...
Since they dont read their supportemails i guess they handle it after the old wisdom "its only cheating if you get caught", something which hopefully will change now.

Quote:
I am not the judge, I just like to bring this up. If I would be the judge, I would let Focht bribe me with something yummie to eat and a glas of wine and wish him much fun
wine, and yummy food ? im hungry 2 how about you cook and invite me and i bring the wine :P
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 20:15   #37
Lerxst
baka.

Quote:
wine, and yummy food ? im hungry 2 how about you cook and invite me and i bring the wine :P
Nice idea since I love cooking for guests How about some fish? Or some of my famous cheese-platters? Some italian food? Hurry over to Stuttgart and bring the wine
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 20:17   #38
dabult
Ark-miner wannabe

Quote:
(surprises me tho that none ever noticed the 5 dragons but my exile, certain ppl look always in one direction it seems)

I noticed, and mentioned. However like i also stated, you are more likely to reply and bring up a discussion. Jurgen trying to type something serious? No thanks. This way it was more likely to get a lot of attention, and lookie lookie, i was right.

Quote:
So unlike me, you did not report the bug in the first place unless a friend of you is bothered by it.

I gave up on this game and reporting exploiting of flaws long time ago.
We the players are the only ones who can actually do something about it, something Zzz nice and clear pointed out. You might call it clueless or naive, but I would also prefer to call it fair play.
Unread 15 Oct 2003, 20:28   #39
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
IWe the players are the only ones who can actually do something about it, something Zzz nice and clear pointed out. You might call it clueless or naive, but I would also prefer to call it fair play.
I agree there thus this manuever. Its no question clear that it should have been fixed a while ago.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 08:19   #40
Ohm
none

to answer your question dabult : if they (the big alliances) knew and never prevented it from happening, looks like they encouraged their members......I would guess 30-40 private gals by now......

You wont see a random gal win this round, thats for sure.

The "cheaters" alliances that I know of so far :

Eclipse
Dragons

The enlighthened people running these alliances are to blame for never stopping it from happen.

Thank them for ruining the probably last round of Planetarion.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 09:08   #41
mazzelaar
Vitriolic

mazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriendmazzelaar needs a job and a girlfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohm
I would guess 30-40 private gals by now......
By "guess" I take it to mean - "A completely random figure I made up off the top of my head to point out how evul Eclipse/Dragons are and to add founding to by baseless arguments about how Eclipse ruined the game and nothing else did becuase I like to persecute and don't really have the vaguest idea what I'm talking about"

Am I about right?

<@JBG> by the way is mazzelaar a community account that everyone in 1up logs into when they're feeling angry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBGood
mazzelaar has always reminded me of a hungry hungry hippo. Except instead of eating marbles he just bites the heads off new AD posters
mazzelaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 09:16   #42
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

spinner is gone. Dont talk to him anymore...
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 11:01   #43
mikay

mikay is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Thats wrong.
Ew I think that's my gal and I do believe "he" is actually a she. The space was made by a guy self exiling in what are turning out to be extremely suspicious circumstances. Anyway I'd just like to point out to anyone who cares that we haven't been doing this so maybe it's not as widespread as people think.

Focht if your true intention was to hilight this why not post about it before you exiled. Why not even post about it after you exiled. Why wait for Dabult to expose you?

<breeze|away> i agree about mang tho .. he is our mentor of perviness

R4: 48:25:13, 2E5 HC R5: n00b
R6: 3:10:1 Mangor, The Daddy
R7: 3:3:11 Retired
R8: c43 Finally free
PAX: 3:7:9 The Mentor of Perviness
mikay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 11:11   #44
Hicks
Raaaaaaaah!

Hicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like himHicks is an inspiration to us all and we should try to be more like him

If this is the bug I pointed out in the beta I'll laugh.

Not quite as hard as I laughed at the bit ohm posted about "real PA spirt"
Hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 12:17   #45
Ohm
none

I just love this....people laughing when game is destroyed and crying when spinner leaves.....

this is a game for freaks and cheaters. Its like waking up in a nightmare, I dont understand what the hel* I am doing here....I just want out, but its impossible, no button to push or arm to hit......

Please, release me from this, please !

(It would be silly to ask you if there is a game where honesty and fair play is appreciated, so I wont)
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 12:21   #46
Remy
Ex-Head Multihunter

Remy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud ofRemy has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohm
this is a game for freaks and cheaters. Its like waking up in a nightmare, I dont understand what the hel* I am doing here....I just want out, but its impossible, no button to push or arm to hit......

Please, release me from this, please !
Easy: dont goto login/passport/forum/jolt site anymore and youre free !
R7-9: Had an account, but didnt play seriously
R09.5: []LCH[] Officer
R10.0: []LCH[] HC (Rank #9, #1 Gal)
R10.5-R18.0: []LCH[] HC Scanner!
R18.0-R33 : Multihunter, Head MH
R34-.. : [CT] HC
Remy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 13:10   #47
xtothez
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

xtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud ofxtothez has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohm
Congratulations. Keep trying to embarrass yourself in every new PD thread. You'll get your gold star soon enough.
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 13:31   #48
Lanceman
milchjiper

Lanceman is an unknown quantity at this point

First I wanted to write that the hole could be exploited because it isn't against the rules, but then I remembered a current problem we had in our primary football league, where the top teams used a "hole" in the tax laws to pay their players tax-free bonuses for playing on Sundays (only an example).
After the majority of the population got to know about this over the medias (newspaper, TV etc.) protests about this behaviour started and few clubs already acted, but most won't do it until the laws are changed.

What does this have to with PA and this bug you lot mentioned?
If there is no pressure, then there will be no change, unless the rules themselves are changed. Additionally, this bug in PA and its "misuse" is hard to prove, e.g. to seperate the "offenders" from the ones who use this feature regularly.
Pressure is put on with threads like these, because the problem is going public (besides alliance talks etc.) so I don't see why this thread shouldn't be here and the aspects of it discussed (though one has to admit that Ohm went quite a bit over the marks).
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 13:49   #49
Ohm
none

[quote=Lanceman]**[quote]

Did I really.....the taxhole you mentioned didnt do any unjust to a single person.....BUT this pa-hole did.....and that is why it suck that noone can come out to say they regret doing it, and that alliances are banning planned exiles like this.

To me this is like cheating....and to many others as well....the game was intended to be random, but some people found a way to get passed the "random" part.

ergo; cheating
Unread 16 Oct 2003, 13:54   #50
Razorback
Eclipse High Command

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikay
Focht if your true intention was to hilight this why not post about it before you exiled. Why not even post about it after you exiled. Why wait for Dabult to expose you?
a few points to this:
-I mailed the authorities. Nothing was done
-Alot of ppl knew about it and used/abused it and didnt care unless a friend is actually endangered by it (see dabult knew about it but only went to the boards when he finally got told one of his friends got sacked)
-My coords were not unknown, infact i can say prolly one of the best known set of coords in the universe due to me leading the evil eclipse and due to me beeing hated by quiet a few ppl and not hiding my doing in any way.
-Could i get through with it unseen ? hardly see above

So infact what i did was to bring it to the public by useing the bug so noone can claim its not existant, you may call it a prime example of the abuse.
Because if i hadnt done it, what would you have for proof for the bug and the accusation of private galaxys in the first place ? (p.s. the player who got exiled knew about the bug for a while aswell and didnt do anything neither did he bother to protect his buddies who got sacked before him so i doubt he/she is without guilt and he/she landed in the #6 gal instead of a top200 gals so roughly lots of damage done)
All in all i got abit fedup of Ohm claiming his drivel about alliances and his pretty see through standards on morals. I for one can say i dont want that galaxyspot in anyway and EVERYONE not especially one alliance can and prolly has abused that bug (you need a gc and 4 willing players in a gal for it to elect the gc and to appoint ministers).
Ohm is a clueless idiot who calls everyone a cheater without understanding the whole topic we are on about, a bug which wasnt fixed. He would be happy if his m8 could be in the topgal and all of those would go on with their shady exiling without him knowing about it. Simple minds are easily pleased.
-T&P slogan

Focht
T&P HC
Fury Exec
Eclipse CEO

Stan's muppet